Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,767 members, 7,806,111 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:34 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (796) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1614707 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (793) (794) (795) (796) (797) (798) (799) ... (2198) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:00am On Mar 20, 2018
A40:
Draymond is also out? Lmaooooo! I'm starting to think this is on purpose. The Warriors must know in their heart of hearts that they can't catch Houston so kukuma rest everybody. Kerr could have learned that from Pop

Naah man. I cursed them all. This is only the beginning. Now, if only I knew eruditor and decales real names.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:01am On Mar 20, 2018
SmooshCHN:

I swear I never saw it this way.. I think you're taking it too far. The theory makes sense for another NBA conspiracy video but I just can't believe this is the case of today's game. Anyways, Houston got the 1st seed on lock so we might as well rest everybody..

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:04am On Mar 20, 2018
Eruditor:

I did not single him out. Westbrook travels? James? Sure like almost every other player they can make the mistake here and there. Lebron, I would say, is habitually more prone to travelling than both players.

Takes nothing away from his status but if he travels before he is fouled why should his travel be ignored and not the foul?

So everytime he gets fouled but doesn't get a call he travelled?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:05am On Mar 20, 2018
What kind of scoreline is 89 - 75?
Re: The NBA Begins by ipledge10(m): 8:08am On Mar 20, 2018
Eruditor:

Which kain rib injury/fracture will heal in 2 weeks?

Or which ankle was Steph dancing with during his 30th birthday?

I am not saying they did not have slight injuries but if we were in dire need they would have come back faster.

If they don't sell it this way the NBA will fine them. I am using the body language of the men that matter to know that Kerr and co don't seem worried.

It might just be in my head but I doubt it is.
I believe so much in your theory. Steve Kerr is too calm for someone that have 4 All stars injured. I believe he is also trying to acces his bench to know which one can come in when the battle is hard. I used to think Nick young is the guy, but I was wrong.
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 5:57pm On Mar 20, 2018
What kind of point guard who will be championship caliber score 4 points in a game. Get lonzo the f**k out of the Lakers mehn, the dude is not worthy of a lottery pick. Big fraud and bust. angry

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:16pm On Mar 20, 2018
DevdanSanguine:

Naah man. I cursed them all. This is only the beginning. Now, if only I knew eruditor and decales real names.
Lol Steph should be back Friday so you might need to go back to that shrine.

By the way that Ginger Juicer tested positive. Again

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2018/03/sulaiman-says-hes-not-protecting-canelo-alvarez/

I salute GGG's courage for not asking for a postponement. What's your take on that article? I don't think it's coincidental that the one drug that could help with his stamina is what he accidentally took never mind the sharp changes in physique but that's another story
Re: The NBA Begins by Nostradamus: 7:49pm On Mar 20, 2018
A40:
True but the penalties wouldn't dent Golden State's money plus if they win 3 or 4 Championships it would be well worth the sacrifice. Rakuten is already paying $60m to put a 2x4 logo on their shirt. How much do you think they would have to pay when it's time for a new deal?
hi bro, how do you get to watch NBA games in Nigeria?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:59pm On Mar 20, 2018
A40:
Lol Steph should be back Friday so you might need to go back to that shrine.

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2018/03/sulaiman-says-hes-not-protecting-canelo-alvarez/

I salute GGG's courage for not asking for a postponement. What's your take on that article? I don't think it's coincidental that the one drug that could help with his stamina is what he accidentally took never mind the sharp changes in physique but that's another story

Welp. The excitement of that fight is already gone seeing as the only satisfying result would be if GGG wins. If Canelo wins there will be too much controversy around it so I've already given up on that bout.

They're saying he's bulkier now but that's just ridiculous. He didn't test positive before the last fight but he was already looking bigger than GGG at the weigh in and if you can remember he had to start grabbing all the sports drinks and electrolytes around there afterwards meaning as big as he was, he was actually dehydrated. So if he wasn't cheating to get bulked then why ask if he is now? Are they implying he's been doing it all along but only got caught now?

The part about his gas was really what got me thinking though. He does have gas issues and the steroid he tested positive for helps with that so that's very fishy. Truth is we probably won't ever know for certain. The whole fight scene is messed up to be honest. And like I said for me, the excitement is already gone for this fight. Whatever happens, happens.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:46pm On Mar 20, 2018
Nostradamus:
I have NBA League Pass. Plus you could also buy a Kwese decoder. Kwese show NBA games and their free to air channel shows games on weekends if the Kwese decoder subscription is too pricey for you
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 12:41am On Mar 21, 2018
Eruditor:
If we use the stats, Rockets are the number 1 team in 3PA. 27th or 28th in points in the paint yet number 2 in FTsA. Even the maths shows something is wrong with the team that barely goes to the paint, shooting way more FTs than others who do.

Bros, having a potent outside offense always opens up the paint. Your opponent must defend the 3 point line if you are a good 3pt shooting team.This leaves your interior empty. If a slasher like Harden beats his man, help defense has to sag to protect the paint. Many times, you cant get back fast enough and have to foul anyways - so you dont see paint points, but you will see FTs. Which is why a good attacker like Harden is living at the FT line. Even Shawn Marion on DAntonis suns used to live off the paint like this, so much so people thought he was that good. As it turns out, it was the perimeter defense leaving openings in the paint for a slasher. Harden is so much better in that he is not only a slasher, but he can make the 3 as well.

If you cursorily check my previous posts on this issue, I have conceded that Lebron does not get as much fouls as he deserves but he is not the one to make that complaint especially when compared to Curry because Lebron still gets a 100 more FTs than Curry.

Bros stop it. If Curry gets fouled like Lebron, he will miss a week on injured list. Lebron gets fouled HARD, but because he is strong, they look like love taps. Lebron gets fouled in obvious ways with no call, Curry gets fouled in low key ways, like hitting his wrist or arm. You think Lance Stephenson can blow kisses at Curry like he did Lebron and not get a technical? You think anyone can wrap themselves around Curry while he is the air and not get thrown out of the game? C'mon now
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:16am On Mar 21, 2018
#JESUSISTHETRUTH

Team LeBron

Yo I hope the new youngns settle quickly and get The Land another trophy
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 1:58am On Mar 21, 2018
Houston Vs Blazers

http://nba-stream.com/live/trail-blazers-live-stream/channel-1/

Nostradamus:
If you have data subscription, you should use nba-stream.com. It's free and it streams every game. I don't think you'll need vpn in Naija.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:46am On Mar 21, 2018
birdman:

Bros, having a potent outside offense always opens up the paint. Your opponent must defend the 3 point line if you are a good 3pt shooting team.This leaves your interior empty. If a slasher like Harden beats his man, help defense has to sag to protect the paint. Many times, you cant get back fast enough and have to foul anyways - so you dont see paint points, but you will see FTs. Which is why a good attacker like Harden is living at the FT line. Even Shawn Marion on DAntonis suns used to live off the paint like this, so much so people thought he was that good. As it turns out, it was the perimeter defense leaving openings in the paint for a slasher. Harden is so much better in that he is not only a slasher, but he can make the 3 as well.

Let us put this theory to the test: 2014, 2015, 2016 Houston are not this 3pt shooting team MDA has made them out to be. But look at Harden's numbers.

Then the excuse was that he knew how to draw fouls. When GSW fans made a case for Curry, the argument was that we were a 3pt shooting team. Funny, now that same excuse is being used for Harden and somehow Curry is being robed into it again.

First is 2014/15 second is 2016/17 third is 2015/16.

Even if we give 2016/17 to 3pt shooting how do we explain 1 and 3?

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:55am On Mar 21, 2018
Then let us look at the actual table to see where Curry placed in all 3 years (2 of which he was MVP).

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:57am On Mar 21, 2018
Bleacher report ran an article on the issue. No need to talk too much. Look at the images. I will give a summary in another post.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 3:05am On Mar 21, 2018
Look at the tables.

Curry's most prolific year going to the rim was in 2015/16 but his percentage of FTs from drives at his best was lower than Harden, West Brook and Lebron.

The figures are there for all to see that of all superstars he gets the least amount of calls. Lou Williams gets more calls than Curry. Clippers, Lakers, Houston bench shooting more 3pts than GSW? of course no.

Does Curry drive? More times than he ever had to and even more than 19 other players who get more FTs than him. This argument about superstar calls and what not is simply not true.

I can bring videos of several versions of hard fouls Curry gets that were never called. And Lebron is huge and strong while Curry looks scrawny but is strong. The emphasis is on strong. He was benching only marginally behind Festus Ezeli. So if looking easily fouled was a way to get calls Curry not Harden or James should be leading the FTsA no?

But he is never in the top 20.

That was a deep scratch. There are many pics of him with many of them on his arm and back.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:25am On Mar 21, 2018
Is the Garden just that hostile or OKC is trash? sad

Like this team is super shorthanded
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:32am On Mar 21, 2018
Marcus Morris with the "clutch" 3 ball to give us the lead with 1.2 seconds left.
#greenrunsdeep
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:34am On Mar 21, 2018
Roland17:
Marcus Morris with the "clutch" 3 ball to give us the lead with 1.2 seconds left.
#greenrunsdeep
how do you lose to a team that is playing their second team? smh. Good win for yall tho
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:41am On Mar 21, 2018
Jesus Christ! How do you blow a 6pt lead in 24secs? Against a short handed Boston? This is why I don't take that team serious.

Melo is a proper wasteman! No wonder LaLa left your bum ass and is raw doggin Tommy Eagan

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:56am On Mar 21, 2018
Donlittle:
how do you lose to a team that is playing their second team? smh. Good win for yall tho

At this point and the injury situation of the Celtics, it is safe to say we are "tanking" for the 2nd spot except the Raptors go on a losing streak and we start a winning streak which is highly unlikely. In Tatum, we may have a sensational scorer with huge potentials to grow in consistency.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:00am On Mar 21, 2018
A40:

"Again with Mexican meat? Come on," Golovkin said. "I told you, it's not Mexican meat. This is Canelo. This is his team. This is his promotion. Canelo is cheating. They're using these drugs, and everybody is just trying to pretend it's not happening.

"This guy, he knows. This is not his first day in boxing. He proves he gets benefits from everyone and he can get away with it. Check him on a lie detector and then we can find out everything."

Speaking by phone to ESPN later Tuesday, Golovkin added: "I think it is silly to blame the meat because an athlete at this level should not be caught on the meat. I eat Mexican food all the time and I've never had that problem."

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/22849968/gennady-golovkin-thinks-canelo-alvarez-oscar-de-la-hoya-doping-cheats
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:07am On Mar 21, 2018
Eruditor:
Look at the tables.

Curry's most prolific year going to the rim was in 2015/16 but his percentage of FTs from drives at his best was lower than Harden, West Brook and Lebron.

The figures are there for all to see that of all superstars he gets the least amount of calls. Lou Williams gets more calls than Curry. Clippers, Lakers, Houston bench shooting more 3pts than GSW? of course no.

Does Curry drive? More times than he ever had to and even more than 19 other players who get more FTs than him. This argument about superstar calls and what not is simply not true.

I can bring videos of several versions of hard fouls Curry gets that were never called. And Lebron is huge and strong while Curry looks scrawny but is strong. The emphasis is on strong. He was benching only marginally behind Festus Ezeli. So if looking easily fouled was a way to get calls Curry not Harden or James should be leading the FTsA no?

But he is never in the top 20.

That was a deep scratch. There are many pics of him with many of them on his arm and back.

My battle scars are bigger than yours.

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:25am On Mar 21, 2018
Roland17:

"Again with Mexican meat? Come on," Golovkin said. "I told you, it's not Mexican meat. This is Canelo. This is his team. This is his promotion. Canelo is cheating. They're using these drugs, and everybody is just trying to pretend it's not happening.

"This guy, he knows. This is not his first day in boxing. He proves he gets benefits from everyone and he can get away with it. Check him on a lie detector and then we can find out everything."

Speaking by phone to ESPN later Tuesday, Golovkin added: "I think it is silly to blame the meat because an athlete at this level should not be caught on the meat. I eat Mexican food all the time and I've never had that problem."

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/22849968/gennady-golovkin-thinks-canelo-alvarez-oscar-de-la-hoya-doping-cheats
It's such an amateurish excuse for a pro that has been in the game that long its laughable. How is it possible that he cannot afford organic beef?

Maybe out of principle or an 8 figure fight purse I feel is what is keeping GGG in this fight. It's a damn shame cos I was really looking forward to this fight.

I heard the drugs take at least 3 months to wear off so he is still going to somehow be a beneficiary of the effects going into that fight
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:32am On Mar 21, 2018
Dennis Schroeder taking a massive dump on the Jazz, What's really happening? I thought these guys were tanking
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:55am On Mar 21, 2018
DevdanSanguine:

Welp. The excitement of that fight is already gone seeing as the only satisfying result would be if GGG wins. If Canelo wins there will be too much controversy around it so I've already given up on that bout.

They're saying he's bulkier now but that's just ridiculous. He didn't test positive before the last fight but he was already looking bigger than GGG at the weigh in and if you can remember he had to start grabbing all the sports drinks and electrolytes around there afterwards meaning as big as he was, he was actually dehydrated. So if he wasn't cheating to get bulked then why ask if he is now? Are they implying he's been doing it all along but only got caught now?

The part about his gas was really what got me thinking though. He does have gas issues and the steroid he tested positive for helps with that so that's very fishy. Truth is we probably won't ever know for certain. The whole fight scene is messed up to be honest. And like I said for me, the excitement is already gone for this fight. Whatever happens, happens.
They were needle marks on his body and gaining such rapid bulk at such a short time frame without a significant dip in performance is usually rare

Even if we suggest he gained weight the legal route. It was pretty clear he was gassed as the fight went on so if we connect the dots with the exact substance he was found to be on then it pretty much negates the side effects of his weight gain. The contaminated beef just won't fly with me. A pro with Canelo's experience and team cannot stumble on such a mistake so let them not insult our intelligence.

I want to see that fight hold badly. I underestimated Canelo going to that first fight but perhaps I should have considered possible events from all sides. Six weeks to go
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:00am On Mar 21, 2018
Absolutely devastated for Korver. Can only imagine the pain of losing a brother.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:04am On Mar 21, 2018
Wow!! That's some really tragic news right there. Life is but a breeze
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:10am On Mar 21, 2018
Lol and RIP to your Blackhawks Roland. Your team phuckin sucks!!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:20am On Mar 21, 2018
The Celtics don't scare me, not one bit. Brad Stevens does.

(1) (2) (3) ... (793) (794) (795) (796) (797) (798) (799) ... (2198) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: SmooshCHN, Skrrrrrrr and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.