Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,913 members, 7,806,650 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:52 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (843) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1615047 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (840) (841) (842) (843) (844) (845) (846) ... (2198) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 6:01am On Apr 22, 2018
I mean Rubio got a triple double and I did not even notice it till just now.

LOL.

Organic triple double. Not the anthropogenic one.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 6:07am On Apr 22, 2018
Look at Rubio flourishing, who I thought was a forklift under Thibodeau

Who woulda thought he'd be a difference in an NBA playoff game? Lol...

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 6:20am On Apr 22, 2018
Will take a divine performance to get past this jazz cos they play as a team more than us..we just have individual stars.....
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 6:22am On Apr 22, 2018
Decale:
Look at Rubio flourishing, who I thought was a forklift under Thibodeau

Who woulda thought he'd be a difference in an NBA playoff game? Lol...
I was about saying the same thing. The trade for teague was suspicious from the beginning sha. The wolves needed a facilitator with four okay scorers in the starting line up already & also a good wing defender. Instead they traded the only player that met those criteria for a defensive liability who is more of a shot first guard. Now rubio is shooting very well too grin. Rubio would have made KAT more effective like rondo is doing to A.Davis.
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 6:25am On Apr 22, 2018
aliondo:
Will take a divine performance to get past this jazz cos they play as a team more than us..we just have individual stars.....
It seems donovan is immune to being sacked grin its obvious the guy doesn't have a good idea of fashior king out a good offensive system.
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 7:57am On Apr 22, 2018
etidy:

It seems donovan is immune to being sacked grin its obvious the guy doesn't have a good idea of fashior king out a good offensive system.
One of the advantages we have with the big three is ability to get who is red hot on a night with the ball more..For e.g,look at the warriors..K.D,Klay,Curry and even Green are not always hot on the night..This past few games..Green has been below par but its not showing cos they share the ball more...Same with Houston...Harden sometimes gets less than 15 points sometimes in a game and even him senses that its not his night just like the game two vs wolves..Gerald Green got the ball more with more points

Coming back to this jazz match...Our first match,Mitchell got more of the ball..Rubio took less shots..The second match..it was Favours of all people and they sensed that..so they played through Favours and won..This last match...it was obviously Rubio and they played through Rubio...

Our play is always predictable...Even if Melo was off at some point this season..for this match,from the first two quarters..it was obvious that he was the one amongst the big three getting his shots right with 14 points already from 6/8 FG.. I was thinking russ would hand him the ball more but he kept taking those shots knowing they wer not getting in..Melo no longer saw the ball after the two quarters..PG had to come in to salvage some points for us..I dont know if Donovan is scared of russ or what...Russ has not developed under him after all these years...
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 10:14am On Apr 22, 2018
aliondo:

One of the advantages we have with the big three is ability to get who is red hot on a night with the ball more..For e.g,look at the warriors..K.D,Klay,Curry and even Green are not always hot on the night..This past few games..Green has been below par but its not showing cos they share the ball more...Same with Houston...Harden sometimes gets less than 15 points sometimes in a game and even him senses that its not his night just like the game two vs wolves..Gerald Green got the ball more with more points

Coming back to this jazz match...Our first match,Mitchell got more of the ball..Rubio took less shots..The second match..it was Favours of all people and they sensed that..so they played through Favours and won..This last match...it was obviously Rubio and they played through Rubio...

Our play is always predictable...Even if Melo was off at some point this season..for this match,from the first two quarters..it was obvious that he was the one amongst the big three getting his shots right with 14 points already from 6/8 FG.. I was thinking russ would hand him the ball more but he kept taking those shots knowing they wer not getting in..Melo no longer saw the ball after the two quarters..PG had to come in to salvage some points for us..I dont know if Donovan is scared of russ or what...Russ has not developed under him after all these years...

I think donovan is scared of westbrook. Westbrook is too powerful in Okc and donovan knows it.
Paul George will be stupid to stick around for long.

Meanwhile this season has a feeling of a coming of age moment for some young ridiculously talented NBA teams. With a few tweaks, The Sixers, Celtics and Pelicans are going to be a big problem next season. Westbrook had better grow up or he may miss his window of opportunity to win a title.
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 11:11am On Apr 22, 2018
etidy:

I think donovan is scared of westbrook. Westbrook is too powerful in Okc and donovan knows it.
Paul George will be stupid to stick around for long.

Meanwhile this season has a feeling of a coming of age moment for some young ridiculously talented NBA teams. With a few tweaks, The Sixers, Celtics and Pelicans are going to be a big problem next season. Westbrook had better grow up or he may miss his window of opportunity to win a title.
Anybody in PG shoes will leave..I dont blame him if he leaves...

You are right about the young teams doing well next season.....Simmons,Jayson Tatum etc...The jazz team will also be on the lookout next season cos of Mitchelle...
I'm also not writing off the Lakers team...

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:33pm On Apr 22, 2018
Why won't the moderators just leave this simple peace loving fellow alone? Is he guilty? Of course he is. But so is every other bloke on this thread. He does what he does because they came at him first. He has never instigated any slanderous exchange before. Why does he have to be singled out? Leave him alone.

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:36pm On Apr 22, 2018
A40 I know the person you mentioned who is obviously not me cannot reply you without getting banned again. However as a peaceful bystander I would have to say I find it interesting that someone who claims to be watching the NBA since the days of Michael Jordan (who is obviously the biggest fraud that ever lived) is a GSW supporter and I think that just summarizes everything about you. Again I am obviously not him but I would understand why he would choose to stop replying you.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:57pm On Apr 22, 2018
Bruh you seriously need help
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 2:08pm On Apr 22, 2018
NictisZorander:
A40 I know the person you mentioned who is obviously not me cannot reply you without getting banned again. However as a peaceful bystander I would have to say I find it interesting that someone who claims to be watching the NBA since the days of Michael Jordan (who is obviously the biggest fraud that ever lived) is a GSW supporter and I think that just summarizes everything about you. Again I am obviously not him but I would understand why he would choose to stop replying you.

Whoever thinks you're Zylerbakridge must be a doodle

You're clearly new here...

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 2:23pm On Apr 22, 2018
etidy:

I was about saying the same thing. The trade for teague was suspicious from the beginning sha. The wolves needed a facilitator with four okay scorers in the starting line up already & also a good wing defender. Instead they traded the only player that met those criteria for a defensive liability who is more of a shot first guard. Now rubio is shooting very well too grin. Rubio would have made KAT more effective like rondo is doing to A.Davis.

Bruh, Thibodeau likes a scoring PG. A decent defender who gets buckets is kinda his system from the Bulls days. Then the crazy thing happened

Rubio crumbled defensively last season. In fact, watching him guard off the ball and drowning under screens was a nightmare. Him, KAT and Lavine were getting passed on that year. Na only Dunn and Bazz that were decent then.

Teague now came and his defense didn't follow him to Minnesota. I'll admit he's held his offense even better than Rubio especially when Butler got injured. He also facilitates (7+apg) and helps on Wiggins bad days.

Now, Rubio is now back to his defense spectrum and surprisingly adds shooting to his Arsenal under Snyder.

This no be coincidence something. It's Thibodeau grin

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:25pm On Apr 22, 2018
Decale:

Whoever thinks you're Zylerbakridge must be a doodle

You're clearly new here...

Well obviously.
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 3:36pm On Apr 22, 2018
aliondo:

Anybody in PG shoes will leave..I dont blame him if he leaves...

You are right about the young teams doing well next season.....Simmons,Jayson Tatum etc...The jazz team will also be on the lookout next season cos of Mitchelle...
I'm also not writing off the Lakers team...
As a lakers fan I wish they are on that list of (Celtics, Sixer's) but I think the nostalgia of the glory days is beclouding the managements judgement. The rush to trade quality young players for so called cap space to get star players will eventually leave them with a mid level team that makes the playoffs but can't win it. I say we tank another year, let the core of kuzma, Ingram, lonzo improve organically together. Resign randle for less than max. And let Deng's contract go off the books without wasting a talented player to do it.
Then with multiple talented players and draft space go for one or two superstars, that's a championship squad.
Re: The NBA Begins by freaskie(m): 5:02pm On Apr 22, 2018
SmooshCHN:
I took my time to watch this OKC game from A to Z.. The two 3 pointers that closed the game were from Ingles hitting two wide open threes because Westbrook went back to the paint and left him open not to mention his signature clutch turnovers.. Make I keep quiet..

People get sucked up to the rim alot of the time. Seeing that Rubio was hot though, they should have paid more attention to him.

Signature clutch turn over Really sounds like you're one of his many haters...cos its proven Russ has been quite good most times this season and last in the clutch.

This is not to say that Russ has played well...he has not been good thus far but watch Russ be Russ and watch OKC get into the next round
Re: The NBA Begins by freaskie(m): 5:08pm On Apr 22, 2018
Eruditor:

Who remembers when I said lack of other stars was not a worthy excuse for Russell last season? Who remembers when Russell went 4/18 in the 4th Q against Rockets and people said it is because Oladipo and co did not show up?

I remember after scoring 44 against us I said Russell should show leadership. Leadership is about doing everything possible within your powers to make your team win. Leadership is more than scoring buckets or getting rebounds or assists. Leadership says if this is what we need to win I will do it. Not to excuse a player by saying nobody else has done it before so he should chase it.

The fact remains, when push comes to shove, a coach playing with a system will make Russell look mediocre. Nobody can say now that Quinn Synder has better players. But he has forced everyone to buy into his system and they are looking more like a team.

I noticed Russell playing shambolic D all game today but resisted posting until I saw yours. Russell would have taken D seriously if they counted defensive stops as a stat. Those are the type of things that get him going.

Supremely talented PG but IQ in PH values (more acidic than neutral or alkaline).

Are you saying OKC's team last season could have beaten Rockets if you replaced Russ with another pg?
Cos you just said Russ having no help wasn't a good enough reason..

When you expend so much energy all game and play extended minutes, you definitely get tired in the 4th and missed shots and turnovers are the resultant effect.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 5:57pm On Apr 22, 2018
Why is Marcus Smart coming back? angry

Who told him he's 100% healthy? angry

He should get a second opinion from Kawhi's doctors angry
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 6:05pm On Apr 22, 2018
Eruditor:
In other news, Seth knocked up Doc’s daughter Callie.

Expect the Clippers to be give Seth a nice juicy contract.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:21pm On Apr 22, 2018
Rozier's decision making bothers me a lot.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:40pm On Apr 22, 2018
This is totally unacceptable basketball. Firstly, I don't understand what Brad is looking to accomplish by playing Rozier and Larkin at the same time. The Bucks are capitalizing and enjoying a lot of mis-match after the pick and roll.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:47pm On Apr 22, 2018
We are doing a horrible job with rotating and switch on both ends to the court.
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 7:11pm On Apr 22, 2018
etidy:

Westbrook had better grow up or he may miss his window of opportunity to win a title.
No chance westbrook wins a title with this Golden State team still around.
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 7:22pm On Apr 22, 2018
etidy:

As a lakers fan I wish they are on that list of (Celtics, Sixer's) but I think the nostalgia of the glory days is beclouding the managements judgement. The rush to trade quality young players for so called cap space to get star players will eventually leave them with a mid level team that makes the playoffs but can't win it. I say we tank another year, let the core of kuzma, Ingram, lonzo improve organically together. Resign randle for less than max. And let Deng's contract go off the books without wasting a talented player to do it.
Then with multiple talented players and draft space go for one or two superstars, that's a championship squad.
In my opinion, all Lakers need is a big like Boogie or Gobert and they will be fine..
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 7:31pm On Apr 22, 2018
chic2pimp:

No chance westbrook wins a title with this Golden State team still around.
I slightly disagree with your opinion. Is it not the same Warriors we played 2-2 during the regular season. We have also been 3-1 up when we met them in the playoffs. I know i criticize Russ a lot but to be honest, Russ is very talented..All he needs is a coach to change his mindset and develop positively. I have watched Russ all these years and he has not developed. Look at his former teammates like Harden and K.D. Harden's shooting has improved drastically and Durant's defense is amazing.

Russ should watch clips of Rondo and CP3 and more importantly, Magic(who in my own opinion is the greatest point guard in the league history).
This will teach him to share the ball more and improve his decision making.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:49pm On Apr 22, 2018
Now this is Celtics basketball. Strong D, stay on your feet and contest every ball with discipline on possession.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:54pm On Apr 22, 2018
If to say E-slap dey possible, I for don slap some these guys.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 7:56pm On Apr 22, 2018
chic2pimp:

Expect the Clippers to be give Seth a nice juicy contract.

Doc is a loyal man. I agree.
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 7:59pm On Apr 22, 2018
Roland17:
Now this is Celtics basketball. Strong D, stay on your feet and contest every ball with discipline on possession.
Rozier's decisions sometimes and the recent bad plays could be as a result of inexperience..#justsaying
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 7:59pm On Apr 22, 2018
freaskie:

Are you saying OKC's team last season could have beaten Rockets if you replaced Russ with another pg?
Cos you just said Russ having no help wasn't a good enough reason..

When you expend so much energy all game and play extended minutes, you definitely get tired in the 4th and missed shots and turnovers are the resultant effect.

The same arguments all over.

So I have one question and I need a very genuine response.

If you heard at the end of this season that Oladipo was getting traded to your team, at the expense of PG and Melo all other things being equal will you feel that you have a solid enough roster capable of competing in the West?

I need a genuine response because a weaker Pacers team headed by same Oladipo are leading a CAVS team that swept PGs Pacers. I said swept.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:00pm On Apr 22, 2018
Play Celtics half court basketball and we should win this game.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:03pm On Apr 22, 2018
aliondo:

Rozier's decisions sometimes and the recent bad plays could be as a result of inexperience..#justsaying

While I agree that inexperience is a portion especially since this is the first time he is leading the team in the post season, it is over confidence portion that frustrates me. He complicates very basic plays.

(1) (2) (3) ... (840) (841) (842) (843) (844) (845) (846) ... (2198) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: birdman(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.