Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,931 members, 7,806,696 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:06 PM

The Apprentice Africa - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Apprentice Africa (17280 Views)

The Apprentice 2010 / The Apprentice {UK} Thread! / The Apprentice Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Apprentice Africa by otoidea(m): 3:22pm On Oct 03, 2007
The Apprentice Africa application is finally on. Register online at: www.theapprenticeafrica.com

More info on the show would be published on the website from time to time.

The apprentice is a business reality tv show, the biggest of its kind! ITS COMING TO AFRICA NIGERIA!!! cool grin
Re: The Apprentice Africa by otoidea(m): 11:18am On Oct 04, 2007
About The Apprentice Africa
The reality series will be the first Africa-wide version of the popular American TV format which has been a huge success around the world. The Apprentice Africa is an original format of Mark Burnett Productions, creators of other major reality series such as Survivor and The Contender. The Apprentice is described as the ultimate, sixteen week job interview, where contestants will compete in a series of rigorous business tasks, many of which include major companies and require street smarts and intelligence to conquer, in order to show the CEO that they are the best candidate for the job. In each episode, the losing team is sent to the boardroom, where the CEO and his associates judge the job applicants on their performance in the task. One person is fired and sent home. Who will succeed? Who will fail? And who will be The Apprentice?

The Apprentice Africa will gather 18 contestants from across Africa and the diaspora who will compete for a lucrative corporate job with befitting perks and an annual salary of US$200,000 and a luxury car.

The title sponsor of The Apprentice Africa is Bank PHB, one of the fastest growing banks in Nigeria and an emerging icon for banking excellence. The Apprentice Africa sponsorship is a reflection of Bank PHB’s commitment to socially responsible initiatives that nurture future leaders, foster entrepreneurialism and actively engage consumers.

The Apprentice Africa is a co-production of The Executive Group (TEG) and Storm Vision Ltd. The Executive Group is a US based business investment firm that identifies business opportunities across various sectors in developed markets and builds winning consortiums to exploit these markets opportunities. With its Nigerian subsidiary, TEG is where the world meets Africa and Africa meets the worldbrb. Strategic plans are on the way to invest in television productions, energy and real estate sectors in Africa. TEG owns the rights to The Apprentice Africa format.

Storm Vision is one of Nigeria’s leading TV production companies whose mission is to set the standard for dynamic and innovative content, programming and production services and facilities for TV, film and interactive platforms. Past Storm Vision productions include Doctors’ Quarters, AMBO and Big Brother Nigeria.

The Apprentice Africa producers seek to create a world class, top rated business reality show across the African continent and the diaspora that has unequalled educational, leadership, management, entertainment and market value.
Re: The Apprentice Africa by candylips(m): 10:13pm On Oct 05, 2007
why must me copy every american show
Re: The Apprentice Africa by otoidea(m): 11:54pm On Oct 05, 2007
and who said its an "american show"?
Re: The Apprentice Africa by heroplus(m): 11:35pm On Nov 09, 2007
This is a good Idea. I am applying already. I paid for application for the Intern show too and I am yet to get any response. I suspect it has been replaced with this. I am looking forward to Winning this and becoming the First African Corporate Apprentice. With that position, I can inspire other other young Nigerians and Africans to be the best and strive to be entreprenuers rather than keep waiting for white collar jobs that can never go round. Besides, it is the bed rock of African development.
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Mustay(m): 6:23pm On Nov 10, 2007
we don know all these info since otoidea

make these guys tell us when them wa start am
Re: The Apprentice Africa by otoidea(m): 8:39pm On Nov 30, 2007
auditions are on nw , it sud strt sumtime in february
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Mustay(m): 1:20pm On Dec 01, 2007
what about the auditions they conducted 4 [b]the intern2 [/b]some months ago

i read that in the papers
Re: The Apprentice Africa by otoidea(m): 1:44pm On Dec 01, 2007
the intern != the apprentice africa wink
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Mustay(m): 4:22pm On Dec 01, 2007
the audition 4 the intern2 ko? wetin them use am do?
Re: The Apprentice Africa by otoidea(m): 12:05am On Dec 02, 2007
go ask the producers of the intern
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Mustay(m): 12:39am On Dec 02, 2007
grin grin grin

u too dey lie o tongue tongue

intern na 4 naija now.

apprentice na africa`
embarassed
Re: The Apprentice Africa by malaika(f): 9:42am On Jan 25, 2008
::
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Mustay(m): 8:59pm On Jan 26, 2008
them never announce am
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Mustay(m): 2:11pm On Feb 25, 2008
Last weekend marked the beginning of an eighteen week long apprenticeship program in Lagos, for eighteen intelligent and successful young professional/ business men and women from all over the world, on the behest of The Apprentice Africa. Each of the contestants arrived on different flights, between Saturday, and Sunday. When each of the contestants arrived, they were welcomed at the airport by a specially trained chaperon and a chauffer driven car that conveyed them to their hotel suites in a yet-to-be disclosed part of Lagos.

Giving the reason for the separate arrivals, the project manager explains, that the contestants are not supposed to fraternize with each other until they move into The Apprentice Africa House. Presently they are being housed in a luxurious hotel, where each contestant shares a room with his or her chaperon, and far away from the other contestants. The accommodation formula was designed to prevent the contestants from socializing with one another, and therefore eliminate the elements of mystery and spontaneity as they move into the house.

The organizers of The Apprentice Africa are not yet ready to either disclose the identity of these contestants, or reveal the location of the contestants’ present abode for security and production purposes.

However, the contestants are being treated to the best of Nigerian hospitality; thanks to their amiable chaperons. So far, one of the contestants from Uganda is learning how to speak Pidgin from his chaperon. Another contestant from the United States enjoyed his Sunday service in the company of his chaperon at one of our local Pentecostal churches. While yet another contestant from Kenya is learning about the variety of food in Nigeria, after being introduced to delicacies like Amala and Vegetable soup, and jollof rice and pomo by her chaperon.

The contestants are excited to be in Nigeria. The producers are exhilarated at the quality of the contestants they are working with. The producers are presently recording the profiles of the contestants, while the photographers click away to get their pictures for other production and promotional purposes.

Every aspect of this phenomenal reality TV show is on schedule and the programme will berth on television screens in February.
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Mustay(m): 2:13pm On Feb 25, 2008
Looking like a movie star in black pants, light blue shirt, and his trademark bow-tie, Biodun Shobanjo arrived at the office premises of one of his seven companies, TROYKA, which had been temporarily transformed to a big budget movie set by a world class film crew in preparation for the recording of the C.E.O’s title sequence for The Apprentice Africa. Even the frenzied filming responsibilities did not deter this modest billionaire from indulging his daily business ritual of cursorily browsing through the headlines of all the daily newspapers in Nigeria, in the comfort of his office, a habit which he considers to be inevitable for any successful marketing communications practitioner. For this sequence, the C.E.O delivers his introductory monologue, while taking the audience through a tour of his business empire comprising of seven multi-million naira companies. Bidun Shobanjo comments that despite his success in business, he still has to put in a little effort in the shoot, in order to convincingly play the role of a credible C.E.O by giving a compelling performance on television, since a great deal depends on his perceived credibility, and the dramatic execution of his role as C.E.O by both the contestants and the viewers.

According to the film director, Seyi Babatope, in his words, “Today we’re shooting the title sequence for The Apprentice Africa, which is the opening sequence for the show, and the introductory part, because this is the first time the show is coming to Nigeria (Africa), we’re going to introduce the show, showing who the C.E.O is, present him to the audience, present what he stands for, celebrate his qualifications and the reason why he is a successful person, by composing our pictures to reflect the status of a business icon, whose 18 billion Naira (150 million U.S Dollars) business empire has been able to overcome the various turbulent economic crises, and succession of unstable governments in Nigeria. We’re going to be showing a lot of the assets he’s acquired and maintained over the years through hard work. But the basic idea of this shoot is not to glamorize the C.E.O, but to present him in his true essence as a hugely successful businessman.”

The success of this shoot simply means that preparations are in top speed, and production is on schedule for the premiere of what promises to be the giant of all reality TV shows in Africa.

Commenting of the motive behind his acceptance to follow in the footstep of his America contemporary, Donald Trump, and play the role of C.E.O at The Apprentice Africa, Shobanjo reveals that it has always been his desire to plough back a portion of his business knowledge to the society. He describes his involvement as “pay back”, stressing the fact that his involvement in The Apprentice Africa will be his first time ‘on’ television, but with his working experience behind the cameras of major television shows, he promises to give the audience a performance that will be both educative, and entertaining.

In his words, flowing with all modesty, he says, “I think it is payback time. I’ve reached the pinnacle of my career, and I have garnered quite some experience, perhaps it is now time to share this with millions of people who are watching, particularly the much younger people, who might have one or two things to learn from me, and I hope I that I’m able to come across as a good teacher in the process, because the concept of The Apprentice Africa was designed as such that the C.E.O is also supposed to impact his experience, and share knowledge. Because this is something a lot of people are going to be watching, and I hope there’ll be learning for them as they go along. Also, I hope the contestants that I’d be interviewing during the Apprentice Africa will learn a lot from me”.

The C.E.O further revealed that he’d be looking out for certain character traits and qualities in each of the contestants; these qualities, he hinted, will contribute towards his decision of whom to “fire”, and whom to keep in the race for the ultimate career in business. He equally attests that his vast knowledge, and experience in television production will make his participation in The Apprentice Africa a walk in the park.

With barely a fortnight to broadcast, The Apprentice Africa promises to be a viewer’s delight, as the top notch production and post production facilities guarantee the adherence to world class standards. And with Biodun Shobanjo, the founder of Insight Communications on board as captain of the boardroom-watching this programme may require more than just pop corn and soda, it may suffice to advise the viewers to keep a ball pen and notepad handy. Lectures commence in February, and The Apprentice Africa will be your business syllabus.
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Mustay(m): 2:16pm On Feb 25, 2008
the show starts hopefullly today cool cool cool cool

i nefa sabi the channels o
Re: The Apprentice Africa by ellab(f): 9:19pm On Feb 25, 2008
good one mustafa.kip d details comin in.chall
Re: The Apprentice Africa by DanDare: 8:29pm On Feb 26, 2008
So. . . The Apprentice has kicked off!

its quite interesting & I am quite impressed by Biodun Shobanjo.

The girls & boys have been drawn from all over Africa and beyond

The first task is on. . . will be back after the show!
Re: The Apprentice Africa by DanDare: 8:53pm On Feb 26, 2008
Just watched the 1st episode and I am impressed. . . i must say that again!

So there are 2 companies - MATRIX CORP & ZULU CORP

For the 1st task, Matrix was all female while Zulu was all male. Matrix was to sell footballs while Zulu was to sell skipping ropes. At first I thought it was rather unfair for the guys but at the end of the day they WON! They made N34,395while the girls made N29,000

So the guys won a fun trip & did they have FUN!

The girls were asked to give reasons why they failed. . . but couldnt come up with anything tangible.

"The Boss" asked if they had a strategy & determined that they didnt.

I like B.S in the role & he was strong and affirmative.

Nancy, Blessing & Hannah were up for eviction

Nancy wanted Blessing to go

Blessing wanted Nancy (the ineffective leader) to go

Hannah didnt sell any balls at all

After all the debating and arguing, B.S told each of them where their deficiencies were & at the end of the day due to the objective of making profit which Hannah failed to do she was FIRED

Overall, the first episode was good. I liked the intro. You gotta feel for the first evictee off these shows. . . they never had the opportunity to express themselves.
Re: The Apprentice Africa by 2gd: 9:49pm On Feb 26, 2008
Yeah.I agree. The first episode was awesome.I just finished watching it about 45 minutes ago.
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Mustay(m): 7:14pm On Feb 27, 2008
dan dare. 10q Fery Fery much. i was only opportuned to watch the last 15 minutes. please keep us posted frequently. cheers
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Mustay(m): 3:58pm On Feb 28, 2008
STV Tuesday 9pm - 10pm

NTA Network. Tuesday 8m - 9pm

NTA Net.(Repeat) Thursday 10pm - 11pm
Re: The Apprentice Africa by synaptium: 7:47pm On Feb 28, 2008
There is a new sweet forum for The Apprentice, grin
www.theapprenticeafrica.net
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Mustay(m): 7:29am On Mar 03, 2008
am not pleased with this show holding once a week angry angry
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Bolarge(m): 1:05pm On Mar 06, 2008
Abeg I missed the last episode, whoever watched it shd pls fill me in.
Re: The Apprentice Africa by apmis: 4:35pm On Mar 06, 2008
Just wanted to introduce a blog that keeps you upto date even if you missed an episode. it here at: Apprentice africa show.
Just to add that the repeat episode on NTA seems to be on friday 11pm
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Nobody: 5:43am On Mar 12, 2008
finally got to watch the show yesterday by 8pm on NTA. the third contestant (and first guy, other two were apparently girls) was fired. I'll blame him, he was the project coordinator and too much of a softie. when it comes to pointing out your groups weakest link and explaining be harsh cos it's all a game. if you don't pour blames tactfully you'll bear them alland receive the boot. which is what happened. poor guy, and he was one of the foreigners. me start to think the Nigerians in there have an edge over the others. have you also noticed how fat and mature most of the contestants are? anyways quite an Ok show but i think i prefer/miss The Intern Nigeria cry .
Re: The Apprentice Africa by sirwebs(m): 12:36pm On Mar 12, 2008
B.S was in a hurry to fire the Zulu project manager. He was fast to spot that blaming the guy who couldn't talk glibly enough was an easy way of making a decision.

The guys couldn't print their promotional materials and that was why they lost. They had a sound team and matrix is a disaster waiting to happen.
Re: The Apprentice Africa by icezik1(m): 6:09pm On Mar 12, 2008
Because of this thread i will make sure to watch m first episode on thursday or friday as the case maybe. Will give my verdict ( I love the Donald Trump Apprentice and will have very high standards for this "African" version)
Re: The Apprentice Africa by dominique(f): 8:04pm On Mar 12, 2008
just watched for the first time yesterday and i must say, the girls really disappointed me, always messing up and pushing blame.
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Martini(m): 11:09am On Mar 13, 2008
Cant we come up with something different for a change? First it was Hollywood and Nollywood,Idols America and Idols West Africa now its the Apprentice Africa! I laughed out loud when i first saw the biilboards. lets be creative and come up with our own stuff for once. we are smart enuff to create something realy cool ourselves.
I still love the show sha
watsup with the funny accents??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Domak Shelter Rewards Big Dreams Talent Show Housemates With Land, Cash / Bisola: A Nairalander Replies Journalist Chris Ayo Joseph / Scanfrost TV, How Reliable Is It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.