Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,893 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:08 AM

Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? (18791 Views)

Benson Idahosa And Bishop David Oyedepo Pictured Together / The Actual Declaration Of Bishop David Oyedepo. / Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by Nimshi: 9:35am On Dec 26, 2011
People:

1) Oyedepo appeared absent from Sunday Service on yesterday at the Winners' Chapel main auditorium.

2) Notice this was the Christmas Service, also on a Sunday.

3) Was he there in disguise? Did he melt with the crowd?

4) His wife also appeared to be absent.

5) None of the stand-in pastors (in flowing/stylish agbada and regular suits) appeared to make any announcement on David Oyedepo's absence.

Is he waiting for the angst against his Christian slap event to cool? Did he worship elsewhere? Did the spirit minister to him to go into hiding? Was he advised to make himself scarce for now? This is a common tactic: go into hiding until things cool down. You'd think Mr. Oyedepo would be beyond that; but one may be wrong.

So, where's David Oyedepo? When will he return to his post? When will he apologise for his grand misbehaviour? When will be apologise to the witch?

Or, was he present but was just invisible?
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by ikoha: 9:43am On Dec 26, 2011
WHO CARES? bULSHIT! bULSHIT!! bULSHIT!!!
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by lifestyle1(m): 9:44am On Dec 26, 2011
@ op go to www.google.com  tongue
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by malignant1: 9:46am On Dec 26, 2011
undecided undecided undecided

so?!
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by meine: 9:47am On Dec 26, 2011
Seems you don become Oyedepo's stalker, if you arent mischievious why havent u filed a case in court on behalf of the slapped witch? Yeye person.

Your country is on fire yet all you busy yourself with is Oyedepo's absence in church?. cowards come here to rant, action na zero.
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by cardeeree: 9:51am On Dec 26, 2011
If u don't hv anytin to post u better go grab a newspaper n post somtin from it. I bet u it wud pay off than d curse u wud get from talkin ill of a man of God.
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by tpia5: 9:54am On Dec 26, 2011
what a s.tupid thread.
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by Nobody: 9:56am On Dec 26, 2011
i have been trying to make the homepage but them no gree give me,   lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed angry angry angry

anyways, u people shld stop talking about men of God!! AND I MEAN IT, STOP!

angry angry angry
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by frankhills(m): 10:02am On Dec 26, 2011
just see how stupid people can be. The one major problem with an average nigerian is self centeredness coupled with envy. Mr poster, are u poking ur nose because u so much love the so called girl or because u bear personal grudges again papa Oyedepo?
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by megas(m): 10:05am On Dec 26, 2011
shocked suffice to say that you peepo shud jes leave the men of God and stop speculating rubbish n lest i forget, take a cue from Ecclesiastes 5:6, this shud help
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by zerocool(m): 10:11am On Dec 26, 2011
Why the heck should this make the front page, except admin attends latter rain assembly, huh?
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by mercenaryx(m): 10:13am On Dec 26, 2011
mali_gnant:

undecided undecided undecided

so?!

abeg help me ask am oh, SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by zerocool(m): 10:15am On Dec 26, 2011
Why the heck should this make the front page, except admin attends latter rain assembly, huh?
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by OBEHIOYE(m): 10:15am On Dec 26, 2011
some things are just better off left unsaid,
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by Nobody: 10:18am On Dec 26, 2011
[size=15pt]Interesting to know.[/size]
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by abouqi(f): 10:20am On Dec 26, 2011
@ Nimshi: For Christ sake STOP posting bad topics about MEN of God! Like someone rightly said, your country is burning with BH bombings, here you are talking about Bishop Oyedepo. You talk so bad about him because you don't know him; HE IS DEAD FOR CHRIST! NOTHING you will write will make him RUN AWAY from Church or change his approach! So why not look else where for topics if you don't have what to write again! If you are waiting for the Bishop to apologize to the witch, it has to be after you are dead Nimshi! Mtcsewwww!!!!!
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by 4Truth: 10:34am On Dec 26, 2011
@ POSTER.
HIS ABSENCE IS NO BIG DEAL.HE TRAVELS TO HIS ORIGIN AFTER SHILOH EVERY YEAR
FOR A DESERVED REST AND TO SHEAR IN JOY OF D SEASON WITH RELATIONS.

YOU DO NOT REALLY KNOW OR UNDERSTAND THE CALIBER OF THE MAN YOU HAVE TAKEN UP ARMS AGAINST.
THEY DO NOT RUN, THEY R FIGHTERS.THAT IS HOW COME THEY COME INTO THE POSITION THEY OCCUPY.

THE IMPRESSION I HAVE YOU IS THAT YOU ARE LIKELY A NONE STARTER IN LIFE

I THINK YOU ARE ONE OF THESE LITTLE MIND WHO CANNOT CELEBRATE GREATNESS IN OTHERS.

AM NOT A MEMBER OF OYEDEPOS CHURCH;
I PITY YOU

1 Like

Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by nimma(f): 10:37am On Dec 26, 2011
You hate him so much that u now attend the service. This is busy body of the highest order. Why didnt u ask the Pastors? Yeye person, u keep majoring on minor issues, meanwhile ur country is burning!
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by Nobody: 10:38am On Dec 26, 2011
people no longer have THE FEAR OF GOD. otherwise, they won't be talking about men of God anyhow, anytime, anywhere!!! rubbish

angry angry angry
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by Holyviktor: 10:58am On Dec 26, 2011
thank u 4the information, so!
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by burgerking: 11:01am On Dec 26, 2011
abouqi:

@ Nimshi: For Christ sake STOP posting bad topics about MEN of God! Like someone rightly said, your country is burning with BH bombings, here you are talking about Bishop Oyedepo. You talk so bad about him because you don't know him; HE IS DEAD FOR CHRIST! NOTHING you will write will make him RUN AWAY from Church or change his approach! So why not look else where for topics if you don't have what to write again! If you are waiting for the Bishop to apologize to the witch, it has to be after you are dead Nimshi! Mtcsewwww!!!!!
It seems a lot of folks have become used to livng in dictatorship and have a mindset of never questioning their leaders. While our politicians use tribalism to deflect criticism of their failings religious leaders use the scriptures. I don't know why any religious leader would like to shut out debate and transparency. We have every right to question the unconventional and frankly criminal actions self appointed 'Men of God'.
Slapping that poor girl was wrong and nothing you spin will change the fact that it was a cowardly act. How many thieving politicians has he slapped or castigated?
Why is it only the poor or vulnerable old women that end up being 'witches'?
How many middle or upper class children has he identified as witches in his church?
He comes to the Uk regularly, how many witches does he cast away here?
Do you really think he can get away with slapping a minor in any adavnced country?
Take a close look at that poor girl, look at her dressing, facial expression and the look of perplexity? and you wil realise something is not right with the poor girl. Have you assessed her understanding of the question?
Do you know some people suffer from 'mental retardation' and have difficulty understanding complex or multi-thematic questions?
Have you had of th term 'suggestibility' where people confess to crimes they were not responsible for?
Please, let us show empathy and put ourselves in the place of this 'abused child'.
When the intelligent world are planning on going to the moon, building micromachines, using stem cells to cure chronic diseases, we are still obsessed with primitive beliefs in 'witches and wizards'. May God help us.
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by abenelo: 11:03am On Dec 26, 2011
I used to view Nairaland as A̶̲̥̅̊ neutral forum where nigerians freely express their opinion on national issues. The last few weeks has made me to reconsider this assertion. Most of the Bishop Oyedepo attacks are unwarranted and I accuse the moderators of being baised in that whatever is against oyedepo, adeboye and other men of ĞOD, no matter how silly is what they move to the frontpage. The credibility of this forum is in doubt.

We have A̶̲̥̅̊ nation in crises, unwarranted persecution against Christians in the north. Lives lost for no just cause other than been Christians and I find it appalling that senseless comment about Christianity /christain leaders are moved to front page. The christain leaders are human and bound to make errors. Even in the bible spirit led leaders such as david, moses, eli made mistakes but that didn't make them less Godly. To expect that men of ĞOD won't err is to equate them with ĞOD. Stop all these unnecessary attacks. Christianity preaches LVΞ and forgiveness not hatred and persecution.

Boko haram has waged war on Christianity and our ĞOD is A̶̲̥̅̊ good vegeance and in his own time will repay all the evil deeds against his elect. Seun don't allow nairaland to become A̶̲̥̅̊ forum for persecution for Christians and avenue for scoring cheap points against those who have personal beef against christain leaders.
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by member479760: 11:06am On Dec 26, 2011
His Babalawo told him not to appear that they need to do more ritual to the god.
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by ugosly(m): 11:18am On Dec 26, 2011
zerocool:

It simply shows the prejudice and unnecessary bias the proprietor of NL has of Oyedepo.
Always quick to push issues about the Bishop to the front page.
My advice mr Seun;
with ur level of accomplishment with NL so far,u ought to hav outgrown cheap publicity stunts of always tryin to ridicule a man of an enviable status as Bishop Oyedepo.
You need to move on to more time worthy,useful information that makes time in NLworthwhile than dignifying and engagin in crap gossip as this.
>:-/ j
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by arnold75(m): 11:21am On Dec 26, 2011
@Nimshi or whatever you call yourself, cant you go and get a life somewhere? you have been in the vanguard against men of God and now you are reporting that he is not present in his church, are you God? or i hope it is not what i am thinking.ASSASIN!, "a child that does not know the meaning of dances ends up dancing to the tune of the dead".Pls dont stop, tell us about what is happening in his bed room,probably that he has deserted his sleeping place too.
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by Amalaaba: 11:22am On Dec 26, 2011
I am not happy with the way the lovers of Oyedepo are carrying on about his act of commission.
I think they should while trying to protect the GO feel for the little girl he slapped, cursed and humiliated in public. The Bible says you should wished for others what you wish for yourself. A Senior Pastor in that Church confessed to me that what the GO did is going to affect him for life because it was a great error of judgement unbecoming of a man of his caliber.

As for the question many of you are stating to the effect that he is a special being;( he also alluded to this by saying rather arrogantly: Do you no who i am?) he is not special. In my opinion, he is just any other person on the street, as he has demonstrated by his careless action. His effect on the humanity is 1000 less than Bill Gates, Albert Eisenstein, Awo, Zik,  Bello, Obasanjo and so on, talk less of Jesus  and other Prophets.

I am particularly unhappy with our fake human right campaigners such as Dr Obe, Falana, fasheun and so on who can not take this case to court . They are too afraid to do so because he is a man of God yet if a politician had done this, they would have raised dust and bring down the whole house.

I believe the OP and others who do not want this to happen to them, their children and anybody for that matter should continue to keep this on the front burner, so that the man will eventually be punished or learn his lesson, IJN. Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by Meldrick(m): 11:28am On Dec 26, 2011
@ Nimshi abi poste,
Others go to church to worship God but on å Christmas day you went to church to find fault. You go to church to look for issues so U̶̲̥̅̊ can mock men of God and post fallacies about them.
Since you have no regard for †ђё things of God, since you do πσ† believe †ђё man Ȋ̝̊̅§ å prophet of God, why travel †ђё distance to his church.

Today, may †ђё God Oyedepo serves visit you with all †ђё punishments he metted on those who mocked his prophets in †ђё bible. May †ђё God Oyedepo serves make you forever regret today. By this same 26th next month, those eyes you use in seeing faults in †ђё church shall be no more. You'll go blind.
These curses shall no come to pass in your life only on one condition.
1) If Oyedepo does πσ† serve †ђё living God.

Remedy
Confess what you have done openly in that same church and ask for forgiveness openly in Winners Chapel.
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by chubysoft1(m): 11:44am On Dec 26, 2011
Nimshi:

People:

1) Oyedepo appeared absent from Sunday Service on yesterday at the Winners' Chapel main auditorium.

2) Notice this was the Christmas Service, also on a Sunday.

3) Was he there in disguise? Did he melt with the crowd?

4) His wife also appeared to be absent.

5) None of the stand-in pastors (in flowing/stylish agbada and regular suits) appeared to make any announcement on David Oyedepo's absence.

Is he waiting for the angst against his Christian slap event to cool? Did he worship elsewhere? Did the spirit minister to him to go into hiding? Was he advised to make himself scarce for now? This is a common tactic: go into hiding until things cool down. You'd think Mr. Oyedepo would be beyond that; but one may be wrong.

So, where's David Oyedepo? When will he return to his post? When will he apologise for his grand misbehaviour? When will be apologise to the witch?

Or, was he present but was just invisible?

Be careful of whom you write against little boy.
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by sandee575(f): 11:46am On Dec 26, 2011
Who is a man of God and who is not? There is nothing special about Oyedepo, besides his flair for wealth accumulation as derived
from his flock of followers whom he has managed to brain-wash into total submision unto him. Some of us can see through his antics
and those of others like him. For those of you who belong to the brain-washed class, or too naiive to know the difference, or waiting on
miracles rather than working hard towards your goals in life, Oyedepo's last goof is a pointer for you that he is far from being a man of God.
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 26, 2011
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by Chefo(m): 11:55am On Dec 26, 2011
Mr Nimshi, Is it a must to post a message? If you don't have any reasonable view to share then you keep your mouth SHOT . You should think of something better to do instead of inviting curse upon you, your family and your generation. Please better go and ask God for forgivenes. undecided
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by Gadols(f): 12:06pm On Dec 26, 2011
yeye post.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pastor Prays For Couples: Other Women Will Smell Like Excreta To Your Husband / A Good Proof That True Love Exists / Mountain Of Fire Bans Members And Visitors From Indecent Dressing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.