Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,907 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:59 AM

Does This Pic Depict A President In Authority. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Does This Pic Depict A President In Authority. (2977 Views)

The Authority Newspaper: Ifeanyi Ubah Goes Into Publishing / British Passport Linked To Saraki Forged – UK Authority / President Jonathan Sets New Record In Authority Stealing, Overtakes Babangida (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Does This Pic Depict A President In Authority. by jamace(m): 7:26am On Dec 28, 2012
Kate77sexy: Its jus too wrong,even if der pals,he should respect the president cus der are cameras all around....am ashamed of our president .

Aunty, you are very wrong with that conclusion.

Let me explain the pix to you.
First, when a military man salutes,the hand moves up from the side of his trousers, to his face and back to the side of his trousers again.

In the pix, the camera captured the officer's hand midway, coming down to the side of his trousers while GEJ has already stretched out his hand for a handshake. That is to say, the officer has not completed the saluting process before GEJ stretched hand for a handshake. Note that GEJ does not need to wait for the officer to complete saluting before stretching out his hand for the handshake. Rather, it is the officer who must use his sense to salute as quickly as possible before receiving the handshake. Also, note that the officer must complete the saluting process before receiving the handshake. No short cut.

So, nothing is wrong with the pix. The President is not wrong. Rather, it is the cameraman that captured the situation too early.

1 Like

Re: Does This Pic Depict A President In Authority. by Nobody: 9:26am On Dec 28, 2012
Billyonaire: I was there. The Soldier saluted GEJ and was dropping his hand when President stretched his hand and gave him a warmed and comfortable handshake. It shows human president. The military psyche of decades has eroded in your minds how civil presidents can be, You always expect to see a Jack Bristow kind of face President.
CONFIRMATION.

MR RENO OMOCKERY
Special Assistant to the Nigerian President on New Media, AKA BEAF,Insincere9gerian,Taharqa,the last Pope etc,etc

Re: Does This Pic Depict A President In Authority. by Nobody: 3:28am On Dec 30, 2012
We've got Beaf up in here.
Woohoo!

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Husband, My Brother, My Friend, My Child” – Read Bianca’s Gripping Tribute To / Stop Leaking Govt Information: Ondo Workers Warned / What The Americans, The British, The French Could Not Do In 40 Days, GEJ Has

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.