Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,626 members, 7,801,811 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

Azazi:church Was Bombed Out Of Frustration By Boko Haram Wtf Is This man On? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Azazi:church Was Bombed Out Of Frustration By Boko Haram Wtf Is This man On? (10524 Views)

Did Azazi Supply Arms To Niger Delta Militants? / Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families / Azazi, Yakowa Die In Helicopter Crash? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Azazi:church Was Bombed Out Of Frustration By Boko Haram Wtf Is This man On? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Dec 26, 2011
http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/31088-bomb-thrown-from-moving-vehicle-says-azazi.html

National Security Adviser Gen Owoye Andrew Azazi (rtd) last night said St. Theresa’s Catholic Church in Madalla was bombed by Boko Haram members from a moving vehicle.

He said two of the suspects have been arrested.

Azazi, in a statement, said the church was bombed out of frustration by Boko Haram as a result of the proactive measures taken by security agencies to checkmate the sect.

He said: “Once again, in a festive season, parts of the country have experienced unnecessary blood-letting by a group, whose objectives are not in consonance with any genuine religious tenets.

“The latest mindless and cowardly attacks by Boko Haram members specifically directed at churches were pre-meditated. Only last week, five Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) were recovered in five churches at Mubi in Adamawa State. and this didn't make the news?

“And out of frustration arising from proactive measures taken by security agencies against their chosen targets, they decided to throw Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) from a moving vehicle in the glare of everyone at unsuspecting members of congregation of St Theresa’s Catholic Church, Madalla in Niger State at the close of the service.

“Two of the criminals had been apprehended, caught in the action.

“The Christmas Day blast in Jos, Plateau State followed the same pattern. The explosion in Yobe was also checkmated at the gate of the Department of State Security Head of Office in Yobe, after the vehicle carrying the bomb was stopped. The criminals died in the explosion, unfortunately, causing the death of three security operatives.

“It is significant to note that Boko Haram’s major armoury in Yobe was destroyed only last week. Yet another armoury in Kaduna and two in Kano were destroyed also last week, in addition to heavy casualties the sect sustained.not in the news either - who do these moro-ns think they are fooling?

“It is important to inform of the public that the pro-active measures put in place by the security forces during this festive period have so far checkmated a major catastrophic plan envisaged by Boko Haram.

“We urge everyone in our various communities to go about their activities, remain vigilant and urgently report anything suspicious to security agents.

“We renew our appeal to all Nigerians that this is not a fight between security forces and some dissident elements. It is a conflict between some misguided extremists in our midst and the rest of our society, because the victims are not confined to any ethnic boundary .

“We must cooperate to fish them out. And because our cause is just and our collective resolve is stronger, together we shall prevail!”

these are the same eejits that said the kaduna bomb blast was gas cylinders

coordinated attacks on five churches and the bastid is thumping his chest? angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Azazi:church Was Bombed Out Of Frustration By Boko Haram Wtf Is This man On? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Dec 26, 2011
when will the hatted fool sac this clown?

this is what numbskull jizzeaters like beaf should be canvassing for, not pathetic ethnically driven 'purges of the military' angry angry angry angry
Re: Azazi:church Was Bombed Out Of Frustration By Boko Haram Wtf Is This man On? by Nchara: 8:38pm On Dec 26, 2011
After all is said and done, the bottom line is that you Islamic northerners are bombing the rest of Nigeria. We wait and see how far they will go. Keep blaming the govt; don't also blame your folks killing people wantonly.
Re: Azazi:church Was Bombed Out Of Frustration By Boko Haram Wtf Is This man On? by gists: 8:56pm On Dec 26, 2011
Nchara:

After all is said and done, the bottom line is that you Islamic northerners are bombing the rest of Nigeria. [b]We wait and see how far they will g[/b]o. Keep blaming the govt; don't also blame your folks killing people wantonly.

You contibute to the killing by castgating those courageous enof to tell the truth. You'll rather have a faceless oyb (who probably is not even a northerner) to condemn BH and expect the criminals to stop killing. Keep waiting to see how far they will go rather than joining your voice to compel your clueless fisherman to take action. Meanwhile I'll advice you stay away from the new year service in your church - no thanks to clueless gej
Re: Azazi:church Was Bombed Out Of Frustration By Boko Haram Wtf Is This man On? by NegroNtns(m): 8:57pm On Dec 26, 2011
you see, oyb, nigerian elites borrow phrases from the western media spin book to address situation on ground.  they dont believe in their own words but they are coached by pr handlers that this is what works for the national psyche.  

its sad but i hope gej's ineptitude will not win sympathisers for boko's claim that western education is a waste.
Re: Azazi:church Was Bombed Out Of Frustration By Boko Haram Wtf Is This man On? by Nchara: 9:00pm On Dec 26, 2011
gists:

You contibute to the killing by castgating those courageous enof to tell the truth. You'll rather have a faceless oyb (who probably is not even a northerner) to condemn BH and expect the criminals to stop killing. Keep waiting to see how far they will go rather than joining your voice to compel your clueless fisherman to take action. Meanwhile I'll advice you stay away from the new year service in your church - no thanks to clueless gej

I wonder why those courageous ones are not also castigating the killers?

Shouldn't you also thank those of us courageous enough to condemn the killers despite the bombs they throw at us?

And yes, OYB is one of them northern terrorist Muslims.
Re: Azazi:church Was Bombed Out Of Frustration By Boko Haram Wtf Is This man On? by gists: 9:15pm On Dec 26, 2011
Nchara:

I wonder why those courageous ones are not also castigating the killers?

Shouldn't you also thank those of us courageous enough to condemn the killers despite the bombs they throw at us?

And yes, OYB is one of them northern terrorist Muslims.

Why should I thank you if your condemnations have not yielded any result? The one man that can stop these terrorists is the president who sadly seems to be interested only in removing fuel subsidy, while the budget for aso rock hit billions. You should join forces with those calling our leaders to take action. Condemning BH's aaction is not bad, but that is not good enof - its not what we need. We need actions not just pray, waiting and hoping they get tired bull-shyte
Re: Azazi:church Was Bombed Out Of Frustration By Boko Haram Wtf Is This man On? by Nchara: 9:33pm On Dec 26, 2011
gists:

Why should I thank you if your condemnations have not yielded any result? The one man that can stop these terrorists is the president who sadly seems to be interested only in removing fuel subsidy, while the budget for aso rock hit billions. You should join forces with those calling our leaders to take action. Condemning BH's aaction is not bad, but that is not good enof - its not what we need. We need actions not just pray, waiting and hoping they get tired bull-shyte

You seem quite naive in wanting me to spell it out for you

1. The Nigerian govt may not be able to stop Boko Haram because it is a systemic revolution in which the preponderance of northern Muslims are involved, covertly or overtly
2. Like every Islamic terrorism world over, the more the feds kill them, the more they regroup and fire back. Ask the USA how much they have been able to route Islam-induced terrorism since 9/11.
3. Thus, you can kill an individual terrorist, you have not defeated them not stopped their aim from advancing
4. Only the northern leaders can effectively stop them because they are their sponsors, by and large
5. So far, they are unwilling to do so
6. Instead, the head of the Muslims in Nigeria, the Caliph from Sokoto, was in Ogun state southern Nigeria, telling Muslims they need to be united.
7. United against what? Could that be a covert signal for southern Muslims to join their northern brothers in the act?

Shine your eyes, okay??

Only two options can solve the problem:
1. If northern leaders call them to order
2. If the country is divided (to as many groups as possible).
Re: Azazi:church Was Bombed Out Of Frustration By Boko Haram Wtf Is This man On? by julioralph(m): 10:07pm On Dec 26, 2011
we need 'MOSSAD" now in nigeria
Re: Azazi:church Was Bombed Out Of Frustration By Boko Haram Wtf Is This man On? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Dec 26, 2011
I think the statement from the National Security Adviser is very appropriate!!!!!

Nothing wrong there!
Re: Azazi:church Was Bombed Out Of Frustration By Boko Haram Wtf Is This man On? by TippyTop(m): 10:36pm On Dec 26, 2011
Nchara:

1. The Nigerian govt may not be able to stop Boko Haram because it is a systemic revolution in which the preponderance of northern Muslims are involved, covertly or overtly
2. Like every Islamic terrorism world over, the more the feds kill them, the more they regroup and fire back. Ask the USA how much they have been able to route Islam-induced terrorism since 9/11.
3. Thus, you can kill an individual terrorist, you have not defeated them not stopped their aim from advancing
4. Only the northern leaders can effectively stop them because they are their sponsors, by and large
6. Instead, the head of the Muslims in Nigeria, the Caliph from Sokoto, was in Ogun state southern Nigeria, telling Muslims they need to be united.
7. United against what? Could that be a covert signal for southern Muslims to join their northern brothers in the act?

Shine your eyes, okay??

Succinctly enumerated.
Re: Azazi:church Was Bombed Out Of Frustration By Boko Haram Wtf Is This man On? by Pharoh: 11:13pm On Dec 26, 2011
So nairaland is now the right place to call for action and lend your voice to force actions from the president while the arabs did theirs from the streets? shocked
Re: Azazi:church Was Bombed Out Of Frustration By Boko Haram Wtf Is This man On? by soloqy: 11:36pm On Dec 26, 2011
“The latest mindless and cowardly attacks by Boko Haram members specifically directed at churches were pre-meditated. Only last week, five Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) were recovered in five churches at Mubi in Adamawa State. and this didn't make the news?

It was reported in the news.

“It is significant to note that Boko Haram’s major armoury in Yobe was destroyed only last week. Yet another armoury in Kaduna and two in Kano were destroyed also last week, in addition to heavy casualties the sect sustained.not in the news either - who do these moro-ns think they are fooling? 

At least the Yobe bomb making factory discovery(including the battle that ensued between Haramites and Security officers) was reported in the news
Re: Azazi:church Was Bombed Out Of Frustration By Boko Haram Wtf Is This man On? by wowo2: 2:07am On Dec 27, 2011
sack Azazi NOW
Re: Azazi:church Was Bombed Out Of Frustration By Boko Haram Wtf Is This man On? by wowo2: 2:08am On Dec 27, 2011
is there nothing like RESPONSIBILITY in GEJ's dictionary?
Re: Azazi:church Was Bombed Out Of Frustration By Boko Haram Wtf Is This man On? by stagger: 2:28am On Dec 27, 2011
Why does GEJ not sack his fellow Bayelsa man who has just displayed crass irresponsibility in his statements? How can such a man be a National Security Adviser?
Re: Azazi:church Was Bombed Out Of Frustration By Boko Haram Wtf Is This man On? by lastpage: 3:20am On Dec 27, 2011
That Azazi, like his employer, is a huge JOKE! grin
So, if you have "discovered and demolished" so many bomb factories within a few weeks, isn't it about time YOU TELL US YOU HAVE ARRESTED THEIR SPONSORS or did these Bomb factories spring-up overnight from thin air?

Abi dem be GHOST? shocked

Shyte-head calling himself Security Adviser! grin

Always reacting to PAST EVENTS (after the bombing has happened)!

Maybe like his Brother, Ex DIG Ganiyu Dawodu, he was phucking Ashawo in a Hotel somewhere while the whole country is being bombed to smithereens! grin
Oloshi!!
Re: Azazi:church Was Bombed Out Of Frustration By Boko Haram Wtf Is This man On? by akinolasam: 4:32am On Dec 27, 2011
It takes a FRUSTRATED voice
of a FRUSTRATED government
to tell us about a FRUSTRATED sect
that wants to vent their FRUSTRATION
upon a FRUSTRATED people
in a FRUSTRATED society.

The only thing that is correct about Azazi statement is that
the GOVERNMENT today has contributed nothing to the lives
of the Citizenry but FRUSTRATION.
Re: Azazi:church Was Bombed Out Of Frustration By Boko Haram Wtf Is This man On? by freecocoa(f): 5:30am On Dec 27, 2011
*long hiss*
Re: Azazi:church Was Bombed Out Of Frustration By Boko Haram Wtf Is This man On? by tpia5: 6:18am On Dec 27, 2011
I think the statement from the National Security Adviser is very appropriate!!!!!

Nothing wrong there

i'm also not sure what the problem is with his statement.
Re: Azazi:church Was Bombed Out Of Frustration By Boko Haram Wtf Is This man On? by lazinc(m): 6:18am On Dec 27, 2011
Nchara:

Shine your eyes, okay??

Carefully Stated!!

I cannot understand why local muslims can attempt to tell me "we are not THOSE muslims, we are a *peaceful religion* THOSE are the bad muslims!"

All they are trying to achieve is to frustrate GEJ administration period.
Re: Azazi:church Was Bombed Out Of Frustration By Boko Haram Wtf Is This man On? by NotNairalandi(m): 6:50am On Dec 27, 2011
tomuch of nonsense (frowning)
Re: Azazi:church Was Bombed Out Of Frustration By Boko Haram Wtf Is This man On? by slap1(m): 6:56am On Dec 27, 2011
Boko Haram made a promise and kept it, how is that frustration? Why can't the Nigeria Police start killing all of them in frustration?
Re: Azazi:church Was Bombed Out Of Frustration By Boko Haram Wtf Is This man On? by Nobody: 7:00am On Dec 27, 2011
stagger:

Why does GEJ not sack his fellow Bayelsa man who has just displayed crass irresponsibility in his statements? How can such a man be a National Security Adviser?

and i always assumed the man was from the north

i swear these bayelsans - gej azazi and alison madueke are giving the northern incompetents a run for their money

small wonder the solution of bigots like beaf is to call for a northern purge
Re: Azazi:church Was Bombed Out Of Frustration By Boko Haram Wtf Is This man On? by mentorken05(m): 7:22am On Dec 27, 2011
I dnt
Re: Azazi:church Was Bombed Out Of Frustration By Boko Haram Wtf Is This man On? by Nobody: 7:23am On Dec 27, 2011
I think some of us are just champing at the bit for no reason. There is a terrible situation on ground, fine. But I can't see anything wrong with Gen. Azazi's statement. Let's not make mountains out of molehills.
Re: Azazi:church Was Bombed Out Of Frustration By Boko Haram Wtf Is This man On? by pingpong1: 7:29am On Dec 27, 2011
If you must have your brother as your NSA, why not hire a competent hand.
Re: Azazi:church Was Bombed Out Of Frustration By Boko Haram Wtf Is This man On? by Goldieluks: 7:36am On Dec 27, 2011
They are so afraid of the boko harams to the extent that they know the truth,but they preffered to stick blindly to lies and denial.
Re: Azazi:church Was Bombed Out Of Frustration By Boko Haram Wtf Is This man On? by gaakgaba: 7:56am On Dec 27, 2011
@sology.Thanks so much for correcting the poster.God will continue to bless you.Some people already programmed their mindset always to criticism without resorting to facts.it is either the poster has a short memory or has failed to follow the trend of events.You cannot make an objective comments on some issues without following the trend.

@mikeansy. i am with you on this.In fact, if this was the statement made by the president,it would not have attracted so much criticism.It is logical.You attacked their base.They will definitely want to fight back.My only criticism is that the attack on their base should have come earlier than this.People should learn to make constructive criticism . I believe that all nigerians will need to be one to fight this menace.it is not easy dealing with people who are not fighting to live.
Re: Azazi:church Was Bombed Out Of Frustration By Boko Haram Wtf Is This man On? by ProfJYK(m): 8:58am On Dec 27, 2011
honestly, there is nothing wrong in that statement. it was perfectly put.

the bomb factory explosions were reported.
the damaturu offensive was also reported.

my only grouse with this administration is that they are tackling this thing from the wrong side. replacement for foot soldiers will not b exhausted anytime soon. they should go for thier leaders/sponsors.

@Nchara, +100
Re: Azazi:church Was Bombed Out Of Frustration By Boko Haram Wtf Is This man On? by totorimi: 9:02am On Dec 27, 2011
Honestly, I think this administration is made up of a bunch of jokers, challatans masquearding as leaders, crack commandos, technocrats, economist, world class professionals and all, even our home bred professionals have done this better over and over before. How can a man in the sted of the security adviser open his bucal cavity to utter such rubbish. If this attack was out of frustration as he said, the fact that they succeeded means that they achieved their aim. Anyway this has been their pattern so i dont know what is different from their modus operandi.

By now I expect that the tactics of the Boko Haram would have been unravelled afterall their activities is limited to the North which is an area that can be easily isolated for a quick study, there is no reason whatsoever why they are yet to be smoked out except if governemnt is frustrated. Without any lip service, the vice president, Chief of Army staff, IGP, Chief of Defence staff ought to have temporarily relocated their offices to the central North to have an on the ground report and intelligence gathering. This is not to say that they should leave the South porous because of ordinary Boko haram.

In time past we used to hear of Federal might behind you but today Boko Haram is proving to be stronger than Federal government. I think before this quacks drag this country to war the military must rise up to save our beloved nation from anarchy.

Nobody knows who's next, just imagine innocent families going to church to pray to God for seeing another xmas only for the bastards to strike.
You dont need to tell these security personnel to station operatives around public places especially where xtians are known to gather such places as churches, motor parks, hotels, night clubs, airports, event places, markets. Security personnel must wake up to the clarion call and respond accordingly. Mossad,FBI, KGB dont need to come and teach us the basic of intelligence gathering even a kid with common sense ought to have known that xmas day would be a good day for the BH bastards going by their antecedents.

How nice it would have been if these idiots are going after governemnt officials and their families so they will understand how it feels to make unguarded comments when it affects others. These are unusual times, unfortunately a clueless government that fails to understand the intricate nature of Nigeria is sitting atop government.

Where is Atiku, Abdulsalam, Yiguda, Danbazau, Sanusi Lamido, Sultan Sokoto, IBB, OBJ and Buhari in all this. Boko Haram is a very expensive venture so some people obviously must be financing this wicked act for political reasons.

The military hierarchy needs to defend the nation from internal threat and aggressionthat is their primary duty to the fatherland.
Re: Azazi:church Was Bombed Out Of Frustration By Boko Haram Wtf Is This man On? by Pain(m): 9:05am On Dec 27, 2011
You cant reason beyond your mental capability. That is exactly what is being displayed by Gen Azazi. Those who know him well are not so surprised. The problem with Nigeria is that appointments to sensitive positions like this are based purely on ethnic sentiments.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ojukwu's Will - Bianca Replies Critics / Nigeria Spends $1bn To Import Tomato Paste —UNEP / EFCC Has Absolute Powers To Arrest Anybody – Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.