Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,012 members, 7,806,942 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:30 AM

Remote Destop Connection - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Remote Destop Connection (1562 Views)

Seagate Ships Worlds First Destop 4TB Hard Drive / Hp Dc7100 Destop For Sale / A Clean Fearly Use Destop Cpu For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Remote Destop Connection by dinass: 10:53am On Dec 27, 2011
My Remote user is unable to connect to my computer it's telling me that "Honet\honey is loged on to this computer if you choose to connect honey has to disconnect before you can be able to connect" on coohsen yes it will just connect the client and disconnect the server. pls Help!!
Re: Remote Destop Connection by Maleeq(m): 9:27pm On Dec 27, 2011
Please clarify what you mean by "It connects the client and disconnects the server"

What OS is the machine you are trying to remotely connection into running? Assuming its a variant of Windows but not its Server line ups, then be aware that you can only have on active session on that machine i.e either local or remote session, but not both. And from the scenario you are painting, I can safely assume that you are attempting to log onto to the remote machine with a different (but authorized) user credentials. Like a mentioned earlier, if the Windows OS version isn't the Server line up with terminal services enabled, it has to log out the current user before a remote session can be created is the user credentials of both are different.
Re: Remote Destop Connection by dinass: 10:26am On Dec 28, 2011
Yes the client machine is using Ms Windows XPE ver.5.01 service pack 2 it is an integrated windows device. But I was using it to connect to XP service pack 3 build 6, so when the system contacted virus , I reformatted the system and install XP service pack 2 ver. 2002. so when ever I attempt to connect after all the settings it reply me that a particular system is logged on to the system as follows:

The user NASIR\nasir is currently logged on to this computer. Only the current user or an Administrator can log on to this computer.
Re: Remote Destop Connection by Maleeq(m): 4:56pm On Dec 28, 2011
That the problem. You aren't running a version of Windows with terminal services. You must log-on remotely as the currently logged on user (Nasir) or as an administrator of the PC. And when you do log on as an administrator, Nasir's session would be logged off automatically.

If you need remote desktop access for support purposes, try VNC or similar applications.
Re: Remote Destop Connection by dinass: 11:45am On Dec 29, 2011
pls what if i install a fresh service pack2, is it that the VNC can be use to run the remote connection or how do i make use of it.
and if possible lets communicate on phone (need your phn num.) so that u can help me out.
Re: Remote Destop Connection by Maleeq(m): 8:15pm On Dec 30, 2011
Re-installation of the service pack wont make it work still.

VNC is a software that you install on both machines; and then, you can view and interact with the live session on the remote computer as though you were sitting in front of it.

Check the following website out for information:
Real VNC (official website)
Real VNC (Wikipedia)

You reach here on the forum, or check my profile for my yahoo IM details.

(1) (Reply)

In Need Of Hp Ellitebook 8460p / Come In If You Have Airtel,mtn,spectranet E5573s-606 Or 302 Mobile Wifi / Neat Dell Precision M4500 6GB RAM, Nvidia Graphics, Core I7 *Sold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.