Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,833 members, 7,806,343 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:04 PM

NTA News: Do You Still Have Faith In Them? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NTA News: Do You Still Have Faith In Them? (6197 Views)

South East And South South Leaders Meet To Determine Faith In One Nigeria. / Omg!!! Suddenly Nta News Now Tell Us Gen Buhari Actually Has A Certificate / Why Must Orji's Name Be On NTA News Bar? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NTA News: Do You Still Have Faith In Them? by biggjoe(m): 11:10am On Mar 14, 2006
Its happening again in NTA like it happened in the Tail end of Abacha days. NTA showed Nigerians how creative they can be with computer animations. They turned Abacha's military cap to civillian one, they only provide us with news of people who supported Abacha for civillian President. They told the whole world that Nigerians will die for Abacha. They said all sorts of thing.  When it all happened as God wanted it. They came up with the story of how Abacha's men censored their programmings.
Now its happening again. We are only seeing news of how the people supported Third Term. What do we believe now. Is there some cencorship going on? They should tell us. Or do we have to conclude? My question remains, do we still have faith on NTA?
Re: NTA News: Do You Still Have Faith In Them? by toshmann(m): 2:02pm On Mar 14, 2006
News grin
Twisting grin
Authority grin

abeg change chanel jare.if you want information,a primary school pupil is more reliable.cant remember when last i listened to the news twistas. grin
Re: NTA News: Do You Still Have Faith In Them? by demmy(m): 2:07pm On Mar 14, 2006
I watch them online and i'm disappointed. The technical quality is horrible. As per news its all about Obasanjo even when he isn't saying anything newsworthy.
Re: NTA News: Do You Still Have Faith In Them? by otokx(m): 11:49am On Mar 16, 2006
I do not have faith in NTA News? their reporting is too one sided. They never show any contrary opinion. Infact I must commend the MEND guys for totally boycotting our news media as they have been compromised.
Re: NTA News: Do You Still Have Faith In Them? by LoverBwoy(m): 5:46pm On Mar 16, 2006
thats true they are always on obasanjo's side, they never report riot and anything bad happening ,

they dont even have news online or do they? link me up
Re: NTA News: Do You Still Have Faith In Them? by Larufa(m): 10:53am On Mar 18, 2006
@biggjoe. my man use any word but faith.
NTA News is disgusting, full of lies and half truth just like in the Abacha days.
What happened is not what is reported.
They want to stasify their paymasters.
They have become PDP misinformation and public relations outfit.

The mistake they are making is that most people that watch/listen to the NEWS, also read newspapers and interact with fellow Nigerians. They are not the only source of information.

Like BoB Marley said: You can decevied some of the people some of the time but u can never deceive all the people all the time.

Long live Nigeria.
Re: NTA News: Do You Still Have Faith In Them? by saints2(f): 2:43pm On Mar 18, 2006
Right from the Begining i Hate watching their news they Broadcast news as if they were Moruning,all of the editing are so poor infact i have tuned out their channel from the Tv save only NTA2 thats just managing,but they are still all liers,they received all their orders from above.If you are a current viewer of The president speaks every First Sunday of the month you will know that they are all taking directives from the baba himself.We only need to thanks other channels like Channels Tv,AIT,STV,etc,But NTA abeg forget them.even their web will tell you more of their unseriousness check www.nta.com.ng and compare with their present logo as if it still matches with this present one.Share of the nation.
Re: NTA News: Do You Still Have Faith In Them? by Badman888(m): 3:13pm On Mar 18, 2006
People outside Nigeria can watch NTA news on www.nigeria.gov.ng. I have stoped watching it for some time now all they talk about is politics third term crap. but whoever is intrested can watch on that website
Re: NTA News: Do You Still Have Faith In Them? by ChuckD2(m): 6:26pm On Mar 18, 2006
angryI do not know about other places in Nigeria but here in Benin we have ehat we call "washee". This is exactly what NTA has turned into. An hour that lots of Nigerians just sit down to waste. The NTA (in my opinion) should be scrapped! angry Bunch of lilly-livered, chicken-hearted journalists.
Re: NTA News: Do You Still Have Faith In Them? by twinstaiye(m): 11:21am On Mar 20, 2006
No, I will rather depend on Channels TV, AIT or better still MITV for my news. I always believe that the versionof NTA is not authentic compare to those of Channels, AIT or MITV.
Re: NTA News: Do You Still Have Faith In Them? by trendy(f): 9:30am On Nov 22, 2006
Nta is all about Obasanjo
i dont watch them any longer
they tell uboring stories circled around Obasanjo, Abuja and PDP
they have failed us as the number telivision network in Nigeria!
Re: NTA News: Do You Still Have Faith In Them? by New(m): 11:04am On Nov 22, 2006
NTA is a government controlled station. They will therefore always be biased towards the people in power.
Re: NTA News: Do You Still Have Faith In Them? by lewa(m): 7:22pm On Nov 22, 2006
Look NTA is a government parastatal and its staff employees under the Ministry of Information.Nigerian politicians don't take criticisms well at all and you can never find NTA air anything against the government of the day !It 's a crappy broadcasting network and we all know!Useless spin is the main menu of NTA
Re: NTA News: Do You Still Have Faith In Them? by omofineboy(m): 8:14pm On Nov 22, 2006
OBJ voice of lies
Re: NTA News: Do You Still Have Faith In Them? by Ndipe(m): 7:31pm On Nov 23, 2006
You cant expect a govt. owned news agency to turn against its owner by reporting on the negativity of their governement, without any serious repercussion. That is Africa for you, but even in developed countries like the USA, it is also the 'publisher that dictates the tune of the media'. Or do you think that if you were working for magazine, owned by a mogul with a penchant for scandal, you will be given the liberty to plaster their shortcomings on the front pages of the paper? I doubt it.
Re: NTA News: Do You Still Have Faith In Them? by olutomiwa(m): 1:34pm On Nov 25, 2006
no,but i still have BLESSING,HOPE,ENDURANCE AND PATIENCE IN THEM.i,m out of here.
Re: NTA News: Do You Still Have Faith In Them? by st1(m): 3:18pm On Nov 29, 2006
I have scrambled all NTA channels off my TV set.
Re: NTA News: Do You Still Have Faith In Them? by Ndipe(m): 11:22pm On Nov 29, 2006
I watched NTA news in Maryland, during thanksgiving. Apparently, if you are a Nigerian, and reside in the Maryland area of the USA and are a subscriber of Comcast, chances are you could request for and have NTA news/program on TV. I was just watching Naija News in Yankee, part of my time in Maryland, to the consternation of my cousin. I even watched the Nigerian version of "Who wants to be a millionaire" on the Nigerian channel.
Re: NTA News: Do You Still Have Faith In Them? by Nobody: 1:02am On Nov 30, 2006
@ Topic

Yes i do! As mouthpieces of Any Government In Power (AGIP)!
Re: NTA News: Do You Still Have Faith In Them? by buchio7(m): 8:39am On Nov 30, 2006
Unfortunately they have taken the phrase, "who pays the piper,dictates the tune" , to a whole new level.
Re: NTA News: Do You Still Have Faith In Them? by Oracle(m): 5:56pm On Nov 30, 2006
I don't believe in all this taking side thing you guys are talking about, i believe they are casting the news the way they are meant to do it.
The press is not meant to take side with anybody but speak openly, i don't watch NTA news but i think they ok.

Re: NTA News: Do You Still Have Faith In Them? by baby4u2(f): 6:21pm On Nov 30, 2006
@oracle if u dont watch the news why should u even have an opinion here. Everybody knows how deceitful NTA has been. they only prove day in day out that we are not a democratically indepedent nation (NIGERIA).
Re: NTA News: Do You Still Have Faith In Them? by Oracle(m): 6:43pm On Nov 30, 2006
What i mean is I don't watch the news anymore
you can't entirely say they're deceitful
Re: NTA News: Do You Still Have Faith In Them? by chelsea4su(f): 6:51pm On Nov 30, 2006
i dont beleive in NTA for any reason,they are all liers
Re: NTA News: Do You Still Have Faith In Them? by Radiant(f): 7:24pm On Nov 30, 2006
I can't be bothered grin grin grin BTW, Who will speak the complete truth in Nigeria and live to tell the story afterwards
Re: NTA News: Do You Still Have Faith In Them? by Seun(m): 7:29pm On Nov 30, 2006
Who will speak the complete truth in Nigeria and live to tell the story afterwards
Chief Gani Fawehinmi?
Re: NTA News: Do You Still Have Faith In Them? by Ka: 12:18am On Dec 01, 2006
When the Western media report tales of 419, Niger Delta militancy, corruption, electoral rigging, collapsed buildings, aeroplane crashes, stark poverty, etc., Nigerians complain that they are giving Nigeria a bad name.

But when NTA news reports about how inflation is down, how democracy is taking root, how reforms are spreading, how corruption is being fought, how foreign reserves are being built (by our great leader, General (Chief) Olusegun Obasanjo (rtd (that is, retired general, not retired chief)))- Nigerians complain about government bias (as they have done on this thread).

Hm! Naijans. . .   there's just no pleasing them. sad
Re: NTA News: Do You Still Have Faith In Them? by Proton(m): 1:46am On Dec 01, 2006
Got your point, but with a twist!
Tell NTA to report/counter the ills of the Western world and their cover-ups that are geared to divide Nigeria oneness that lead to mass stealing and intellectual exodus to their world.
Downplaying government shortcomings from top (yes OBJ) to bottom by sugercoating, facts every 12 years old boy laugh at, and really insults the mind. Plus mind you, it is bad journalism.
Re: NTA News: Do You Still Have Faith In Them? by Sijien(m): 1:52am On Dec 01, 2006
y dem even start dis thread sef? nta na waste any day.
Re: NTA News: Do You Still Have Faith In Them? by Proton(m): 4:27am On Dec 01, 2006
@sijien

The thread is good. When one pay attention and dig deep, it becomes plain that the editorial content and pursuit are controlled (to undermine public welfare) even by Western settings. Sad to say, Nigeria is far from Free.
Re: NTA News: Do You Still Have Faith In Them? by Radiant(f): 10:14am On Dec 01, 2006
Proton:

Sad to say, Nigeria is far from Free.

That's why every newscaster is fighting for his freedom by not yelling out the complete truth.

BTW, where's Okadigbo today? angry
Re: NTA News: Do You Still Have Faith In Them? by texazzpete(m): 1:46pm On Dec 01, 2006
Ka:

When the Western media report tales of 419, Niger Delta militancy, corruption, electoral rigging, collapsed buildings, aeroplane crashes, stark poverty, etc., Nigerians complain that they are giving Nigeria a bad name.

But when NTA news reports about how inflation is down, how democracy is taking root, how reforms are spreading, how corruption is being fought, how foreign reserves are being built (by our great leader, General (Chief) Olusegun Obasanjo (rtd (that is, retired general, not retired chief)))- Nigerians complain about government bias (as they have done on this thread).

Hm! Naijans. . . there's just no pleasing them. sad

there's something called the middle road. and nigerians just want the truth. do you really think that's too much to ask?
overly negative stories of nigeria will draw ire. over positive and saccharine sweet gist will draw scorn. lets have the truth undiluted, simple!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kwara Must Change Raises Alarm Over Influx Of Suspected Political Assassins / Flooding In Jos Kills 35 / See The Tunnel Rochas In Building In Owerri, Does Owerri Need A Tunnel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.