Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,259 members, 7,807,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:04 PM

Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! (236279 Views)

Top Rated Musicians Of Igbo Nigerian Descent / Which Tribe Has The Most Beautiful Women And Handsome Men? / American Women That Marry Nigerian Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by onila(f): 1:00am On Jan 17, 2012
some igbos look like AA. . . .AAs dont look like that just because they are of igbo descent but because they haved mixed with europeans

thats why they are lighter skinned than Africans

1 Like

Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by coogar: 1:01am On Jan 17, 2012
Jenifa_:

they are more handsome if you are putting them to AA celebrity standards.
otherwise, yorubas are d most handsome cool
yea it's subjective and based on taste.

I agree though that looks aren't that important for guys. don't even know why this thread exists.

the fulanis take the cake.
igbos and yorubas fight for scraps.

aa-celebrity standards you see today have been watered down by caucasians and other races. . . .
i don't see how pete edochie looks like tyson beckford.
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by Jenifa1: 1:02am On Jan 17, 2012
onila:

some igbos look like AA. . . .AAs dont look like that just because they are of igbo descent but because they haved mixed with europeans

good point. I was going to mention this as well but I feel ms chima and dark skin will not be able to comprehend d argument. lol
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by tpia5: 1:03am On Jan 17, 2012
onila:

good point about the AA reflecting their mixed side.

you see why i sometimes agree with you because you do occasionally make sensible posts. wink
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by Jenifa1: 1:05am On Jan 17, 2012
coogar:

the fulanis take the cake.
igbos and yorubas fight for scraps.

aa-celebrity standards you see today have been watered down by caucasians and other races. . . .
i don't see how pete edochie looks like tyson beckford.

yorubas are not fighting for nothing  cool
but I agree thought that fulanis are totally outside of the discussion because their look is unique and nothing close to the typical western ideal even for AAs. they are in a league of their own just like East Africans

haha @ pete edochie. last I heard of him was when he was kidnapped.
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by tpia5: 1:06am On Jan 17, 2012
they are more handsome if you are putting them to AA celebrity standards

AA emphasize looks, so they'd definitely veer towards igbos, as they share similar values when it comes to physical appearance.
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by MrsChima1(f): 1:07am On Jan 17, 2012
onila:

If that was the case then what is your explanation with dark skinned Black Americans?   The same thing goes for North, Central, South, and East Africans as well.  Why are many of them "light skinned"?  They are mixed with European folks too huh?

Let just say all Black Americans are mixed with white folks, then why are some Nigerians who aren't mixed with white folks are light skinned?  

Skin pigmentation and levels of melanin has nothing to do with whether one is mixed or not.  If that was the case then that should suffice "light skinned" Africans are mixed as well.

1 Like

Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by onila(f): 1:09am On Jan 17, 2012
tpia@:

good point about the AA reflecting their mixed side.

you see why i sometimes agree with you because you do occasionally make sensible posts. wink

cool
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by MrsChima1(f): 1:12am On Jan 17, 2012
I agree.  I have seen many Fulani men make Igbo and Yoruba men poo in their pants in term of "beauty".  They aren't "Black American looking" as Yoruba and Igbo men.  wink wink  

Tyson Beckford is Jamo and Asian.   wink
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by Jenifa1: 1:14am On Jan 17, 2012
onila:

cool

I would take her comment as an insult if I were you. lol
but I don't blame u sha. maybe she's right cheesy
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by tpia5: 1:17am On Jan 17, 2012
Jenifa_:

I would take her comment as an insult if I were you. lol
but I don't blame u sha. maybe she's right cheesy

she knows its not an insult.
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by Nobody: 1:18am On Jan 17, 2012
Jenifa_:

good point. I was going to mention this as well but I feel ms chima and dark skin will not be able to comprehend d argument. lol

comprehend what argument?
the only think i would UNDERSTAND is that you would be (as you always do) contradicting yourself!  grin
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by onila(f): 1:18am On Jan 17, 2012
Mrs, Chima:

If that was the case then what is your explanation with dark skinned Black Americans?   The same thing goes for North, Central, South, and East Africans as well.  Why are many of them "light skinned"?  They are mixed with European folks too huh? 

Let just say all Black Americans are mixed with white folks, then why are some Nigerians who aren't mixed with white folks are light skinned?  

Skin pigmentation and levels of melanin has nothing to do with whether one is mixed or not.  If that was the case then that should suffice "light skinned" Africans are mixed as well.  

they are light skinned Africans but you cant deny they are more light skinned Black Americans and Carribeans than Africans. Most of these slaves were from West Africa. Most West Africans are dark skinned. .

Carribeans are mixing everyday. I see them all the time. they are some carribeans that dont look black anymore some look like indian/black/white combination
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by tpia5: 1:21am On Jan 17, 2012
Mrs, Chima:

1. all black americans arent mixed with white, though a significant number are.

2. not all light skinned nigerians arent not mixed with white.

in addition, an albinoid gene can cause light skin.

3. being dark skinned doesnt necessarily preclude white admixture.

4. europeans arent the only source of light skin.
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by MrsChima1(f): 1:21am On Jan 17, 2012
onila:

they are light skinned Africans but you cant deny they are more light skinned Black Americans and Carribeans than Africans. Most of these slaves were from West Africa. Most West Africans are dark skinned. .

Carribeans are mixing everyday. I see them all the time. they are some carribeans that dont look black anymore some look like indian/black/white combination

I can't deny that some light skinned Black Americans looks like some light skinned Africans.   wink   If you are talking about some bi-racial Americans, yes they are lighter than some light skinned Africans.   wink

Don't forget to add  Hispanic and Asian into the mix as well.   wink

1 Like

Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by Nobody: 1:22am On Jan 17, 2012
onila:

LOL!!  cheesy

wow!! i don heard it all!
no not most of us are of west african descent first of all, we are mixed btn central and west african
both regions dominated by dark people and second, i could have sworn i told some igbos that they were mixed and they damn near bit my head off and now you an Igbo, telling me light skin = mixed. LAWD!!
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by MrsChima1(f): 1:24am On Jan 17, 2012
tpia@:

1. all black americans arent mixed with white, though a significant number are.

2. not all light skinned nigerians arent not mixed with white.

in addition, an albinoid gene can cause light skin.

3. being dark skinned doesnt necessarily preclude white admixture.

4. europeans arent the only source of light skin.

Albinos lacks pigmentation and melanin.   wink
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by Nobody: 1:25am On Jan 17, 2012
Mrs, Chima:

Albinos lacks pigmentation and melanin.   wink  

LAWD!!! grin grin
LOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by tpia5: 1:25am On Jan 17, 2012
Mrs, Chima:

Albinos lacks pigmentation and melanin. wink

^^albinoid gene, not albino.
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by Nobody: 1:26am On Jan 17, 2012
:-x

culled from: http://community.albinism.org/forums/p/5740/28169.aspx

Re: Partial Albino or Albinoid?

I believe these are both outdated phrases. You either have albinism or you don't. There is no "partial". I believe some doctors define people with OCA2 or OA, who may have more pigment, as partial albinos or albinoid.

In all likelihood you just have OCA2, or you are one of those extremely rare females with OA.

. . .Its true, genetically, you are albino, or you are not albino, no grey area.
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by MrsChima1(f): 1:26am On Jan 17, 2012
tpia@:

^^albinoid gene, not albino.

They are the same thing.  Otherwise, they wouldn't be called Albinos.   wink In that case, Negroid doesn't mean black people then. lipsrsealed grin
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by MrsChima1(f): 1:27am On Jan 17, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

:-x

Hee hee grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by Jenifa1: 1:27am On Jan 17, 2012
onila:

hahaha goodluck arguing with her.

I'm starting to feel that ms chima doen't understand english very well.
same way I was trying to tell her that igbos are more AA looking than yorubas.
she couldn't understand my post for the life of her.

she thought I was saying "all igbos look AA" "all yorubas look non-AA"
just the way she's thinking you mean "all AA are lightskin" "all africans are dark skin"
even though you clearly said AAs are more lighter skinned than Africans.

two word she needs to add to her vocabulary:
relative, absolute.
she seems to be thinking in absolute terms and can't grasp the concept of relativism (not referring the theory).
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by tpia5: 1:28am On Jan 17, 2012
Mrs, Chima:

They are the same thing. Otherwise, they wouldn't be called Albinos. wink In that case, Negroid doesn't mean black people then. lipsrsealed grin

wbb.

meanwhile, let me point out albinoid gene is different from being an actual albino.
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by onila(f): 1:28am On Jan 17, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

LOL!!  cheesy

wow!! i don heard it all!
no not most of us are of west african descent first of all, we are mixed btn central and west african
both regions dominated by dark people and second, i could have sworn i told some igbos that they were mixed and they damn near bit my head off and now you an Igbo, telling me light skin = mixed. LAWD!!

if they are not mixed then why do they have more lighter skinned blacks than Africans? Didnt they all come from Africa?

Remember Africa is majority black we dont always have the chance 2 mix with white/spanish like you  AA's
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by MrsChima1(f): 1:29am On Jan 17, 2012
tpia@:

wbb.

meanwhile, let me point out albinoid gene is different from being an actual albino.

Keep pointing it out many different ways and it will still be the same thing.   wink
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by tpia5: 1:30am On Jan 17, 2012
Mrs, Chima:

Keep pointing it out many different ways and it will still be the same thing. wink

ok, let's move on.

no need to derail the thread with semantic wordplay.
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by Nobody: 1:30am On Jan 17, 2012
onila:

if they are not mixed then why do they have more lighter skinned blacks than Africans? Didnt they all come from Africa?

Remember Africa is majority black we dont always have the chance 2 mix with white/spanish like you  AA's

SO IN ESSENCE LIGHT SKINNED AFRICANS ARE MIXED IS WHAT YOU ARE SAYING?!!

child, there have been ancient African and Arab unions since FOREVER (west and east/central africa), just saying. lipsrsealed

Mrs, Chima:

Keep pointing it out many different ways and it will still be the same thing.   wink

hewwhwwwwwwwwww!!  grin  grin
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by MrsChima1(f): 1:31am On Jan 17, 2012
Jenifa_:

just the way she's thinking you mean "all AA are lightskin" "all africans are dark skin"

relative, absolute.
she seems to be thinking in absolute terms and can't grasp the concept of relativism (not referring the theory).

It still doesn't change what I said.  I thought you said you agree with my point now you reneging?   grin grin grin grin grin

Add this to your vocabulary, Why are you STILL mad?  grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by MrsChima1(f): 1:33am On Jan 17, 2012
tpia@:

ok, let's move on.

no need to derail the thread with semantic wordplay.

Yeah, I thought so. grin grin grin

The smartest thing you said ever.   wink
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by Nobody: 1:33am On Jan 17, 2012
Mrs, Chima:

It still doesn't change what I said.  I thought you said you agree with my point now you reneging?   grin grin grin grin grin

Add this to your vocabulary, Why are you STILL mad?  grin grin grin grin grin

she is mad because she knows she is full of it.
first we are mostly igbo in heritage and therefore LOOK igbo
and there are less yoruba look a likes out here in the west (failing to realize
i can look as igbo as possible but also favor a yoruba person as you;ve stated the ENTIRE time) lipsrsealed.

then i show the map and now all of a sudden!!
we ONLY look igbo because we are mixed!! hewwww!!
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by onila(f): 1:35am On Jan 17, 2012
Jenifa_:

relative, absolute.

Some Igbos look AA. some yoruba look like AA but more Igbos do. .you are correct
while Hausa look like East Africans

I dont know why they cant just accept they have more lighter skinned blacks than Africans

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

The 250+ Tribes/ethnic Groups In Nigeria / Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. / Some Nigerian Ethnic Groups And Their Dressing Styles (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.