Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,172 members, 7,807,548 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:11 PM

Aso Rock Earmarks N5billion To Furnish Mrs. Jonathan’s Ngo Hq : As She Sacks Go - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aso Rock Earmarks N5billion To Furnish Mrs. Jonathan’s Ngo Hq : As She Sacks Go (7616 Views)

My Husband Must Complete His Two Terms – Mrs. Jonathan / Buhari’s Wife Not A Political Tout Like Mrs Jonathan – Campaign Team / Fani-Kayode To Sue Lai Mohammed, APC For N5billion (screen Shots) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aso Rock Earmarks N5billion To Furnish Mrs. Jonathan’s Ngo Hq : As She Sacks Go by supoade: 1:46pm On Dec 28, 2011
The Institute for Peace and Conflict Resolution, Abuja, a parastatal established by a government Gazette in 2007 was on Wednesday sacked by the office of the First Lady to give way for her pet project.

It was gathered that three-quarters of the office complex has been re-allocated to the African First Lady Peace Initiative, a non Governmental Organization of the First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan.

It was authoritatively gathered that the Director-General of the Institute, Dr. Joseph H.P Golwa was summoned to the Presidential Villa, Aso Rocks, Abuja and given matching others to evacuate two-third of the Institute’s staff from its operational base.

Shortly after the Aso Rocks meeting, it was gathered that some officials of the office of the First Lady visited the Central Area office of the Institute in company of a white man suspected to be the contractor contracted to rehabilitate the Institute’s building.

The contractor, it was gathered, was told to create a separate gate, reception and other conveniences for the First Lady for a contract sum of N5 billion. Presidential sources, however, claim that the renovation of the building was awarded for N500million.

The contract, Saturday Life learnt, was not captured in this year’s budget, besides, the office of the First Lady is not known to the First and Second Amended 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

We were reliably informed that the ejection order served staffers of the Institute dislocated four Directors, the whole of the accounts department and more than half of the Institute’s researchers.

The affected directors include the Director of Research and Policy analysis, Director of Democracy, Director of Defence and Security and the Chief Accountant of the Institute.

“Right now, one wing of the Institute has been taken over. They took over the main gate, the parking spaces and the reception area. You will be sorry for our staff as the white man came and gave us 24 hours to pack our office equipment. The Directors were so helpless but they could not say a word for fear of being victimized”, the source stressed.

Attempts to speak with the Chief Press secretary to the First Lady, Mr. Ayo Oshinlu on his Glo mobile number that ends with 806 were unsuccessful. He refused to pick his calls since Wednesday but a Presidential source informed Saturday Life that the issue was a closed one adding that the attention of the First Lady is being channeled towards an International engagement in the first quarter of next year.

Some civil servants in Abuja wondered why the First Lady did not consider buying a property with the money budgeted for the renovation. They argued that Late Mrs. Maryam Babangida used the money she realized from her NGO to build the Women Development Centre located adjacent the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN.

Wife of the late maximum dictator, General Sani Abacha, Mariam, through her NGO build the now popular National Hospital, Abuja, it is located near the bombed United Nations House, Abuja. Late wife of Former President, Stella Obasanjo built a structure and began operation at Bwari, Abuja for her NGO, Child Care.

The pattern was, however, altered in the case of Hadjia Turai Yar’adua as several billions realized during the launch of her pet project, and meant to address health challenges of cancer patients allegedly went to her private purse. She is currently hibernating in Dubai.
Dame Jonathan’s NGO had early last year attempted to forcefully take over part of the land allocated to the National Judicial Institute, NJI, along Jabi- Airport road, Abuja.

http://pointblanknews.com/new/exclusive/3362-ASO-ROCK-EARMARKS-N5BILLION-TO-FURNISH-MRS.-JONATHAN%E2%80%99S-NGO-HQ-, As-She-Sacks-Govt.-Parastatal-from-Office.html
Re: Aso Rock Earmarks N5billion To Furnish Mrs. Jonathan’s Ngo Hq : As She Sacks Go by Mavor: 2:18pm On Dec 28, 2011
Banana republic. Waiting for it to split in 2.
Re: Aso Rock Earmarks N5billion To Furnish Mrs. Jonathan’s Ngo Hq : As She Sacks Go by Nobody: 2:22pm On Dec 28, 2011
[size=15pt]Hell no.[/size]  shocked
Re: Aso Rock Earmarks N5billion To Furnish Mrs. Jonathan’s Ngo Hq : As She Sacks Go by supoade: 2:24pm On Dec 28, 2011
why wont GEJ tell nigerians to suffer a little for fuel subsidy removal when he needs money for first lady 's NGO project.
Re: Aso Rock Earmarks N5billion To Furnish Mrs. Jonathan’s Ngo Hq : As She Sacks Go by Demdem(m): 2:28pm On Dec 28, 2011
Interesting seeing the fresh air voted in by gullible nigerians daily.
Re: Aso Rock Earmarks N5billion To Furnish Mrs. Jonathan’s Ngo Hq : As She Sacks Go by Ttola(m): 2:28pm On Dec 28, 2011
my only grouse with this leardership is that they are not just intelligent and they make it so obvious,

everything they've done that got them so much negative pr could have been handled better, if they had just subscribed to a little reasoning,
Re: Aso Rock Earmarks N5billion To Furnish Mrs. Jonathan’s Ngo Hq : As She Sacks Go by Pukkah: 2:35pm On Dec 28, 2011
What is it with all these offices of the First Lady? How can something that is not recognized by the constitution become so powerful?

I just pity this country.
Re: Aso Rock Earmarks N5billion To Furnish Mrs. Jonathan’s Ngo Hq : As She Sacks Go by freecocoa(f): 2:37pm On Dec 28, 2011
500 million abi na 5 billion just for renovation,ngwanu, the air in this country now is the freshest I've ever breathed. What a wicked government.*smh*
Re: Aso Rock Earmarks N5billion To Furnish Mrs. Jonathan’s Ngo Hq : As She Sacks Go by Nobody: 2:39pm On Dec 28, 2011
When the unfortunates start ruling nations,the end time is around the corner.
Re: Aso Rock Earmarks N5billion To Furnish Mrs. Jonathan’s Ngo Hq : As She Sacks Go by Ibomade1: 2:40pm On Dec 28, 2011
Nothing new.

Same old same old.  Nigeria the land of "one day; one scandal"
Re: Aso Rock Earmarks N5billion To Furnish Mrs. Jonathan’s Ngo Hq : As She Sacks Go by POTUT(m): 2:42pm On Dec 28, 2011
We were indeed gullible. GEJ is just more of the same.
Re: Aso Rock Earmarks N5billion To Furnish Mrs. Jonathan’s Ngo Hq : As She Sacks Go by Rhino5dm: 2:44pm On Dec 28, 2011
What is 5billion to a woman that stole 108 million dollars way back, as a first lady in Bayelsa States?

Nigerians are really clowns! They should eat their cakes of fresh air. We never see anything yet!!
Re: Aso Rock Earmarks N5billion To Furnish Mrs. Jonathan’s Ngo Hq : As She Sacks Go by Kx: 2:45pm On Dec 28, 2011
and he want to be trusted with proceeds from subsidy?
Re: Aso Rock Earmarks N5billion To Furnish Mrs. Jonathan’s Ngo Hq : As She Sacks Go by gbogboti: 2:51pm On Dec 28, 2011
The oil belongs to us (ND). So, all of u pls mind ur business. E easy? If e easy make una dig oil 4 una area now. No ND! No Nigeria!
Re: Aso Rock Earmarks N5billion To Furnish Mrs. Jonathan’s Ngo Hq : As She Sacks Go by Pukkah: 2:53pm On Dec 28, 2011
gbogboti:

The oil belongs to us (ND). So, all of u pls mind your business. E easy? If e easy make una dig oil 4 una area now. No ND! No Nigeria!

And what's the relevance of this to the debate at hand?
Re: Aso Rock Earmarks N5billion To Furnish Mrs. Jonathan’s Ngo Hq : As She Sacks Go by Nobody: 2:54pm On Dec 28, 2011
gbogboti:

The oil belongs to us (ND). So, all of u pls mind your business. E easy? If e easy make una dig oil 4 una area now. No ND! No Nigeria!
Are you related to jomo gbomo ?
Re: Aso Rock Earmarks N5billion To Furnish Mrs. Jonathan’s Ngo Hq : As She Sacks Go by freecocoa(f): 2:59pm On Dec 28, 2011
gbogboti:

Who be this one?
Re: Aso Rock Earmarks N5billion To Furnish Mrs. Jonathan’s Ngo Hq : As She Sacks Go by hercules07: 3:02pm On Dec 28, 2011
Rhino, cocoa and Bluetooth are actually agreeing, if only we can come together to fight the cancer that is holding our nation back.
Re: Aso Rock Earmarks N5billion To Furnish Mrs. Jonathan’s Ngo Hq : As She Sacks Go by anonimi: 3:02pm On Dec 28, 2011
This is absurd to say the least.
But then we are in a country of absurdities- suffering & smiling!
Re: Aso Rock Earmarks N5billion To Furnish Mrs. Jonathan’s Ngo Hq : As She Sacks Go by Rhino5dm: 3:08pm On Dec 28, 2011
With all due respect, Sir, I always stand on the side of truth.

hercules07:

Rhino, cocoa and Bluetooth are actually agreeing, if only we can come together to fight the cancer that is holding our nation back.
Re: Aso Rock Earmarks N5billion To Furnish Mrs. Jonathan’s Ngo Hq : As She Sacks Go by gbogboti: 3:11pm On Dec 28, 2011
@pukkah and bluetooth, she's a Niger Deltan. So let her enjoy d oil money to a very large extent! Ma guy, north, west, middle belt, east don too cheat us. Now na our time. We go chop so tey we go hide as much as possible to ogbodo oyibo. Then, come push go creeks! If una vex! Make una die! No niger delta, no nigeria. I know say una know dis fact sha. In fact! We want to go our own way. Remember, we don't need any region to follow us!
Re: Aso Rock Earmarks N5billion To Furnish Mrs. Jonathan’s Ngo Hq : As She Sacks Go by JimmyBoy1: 3:11pm On Dec 28, 2011
I concede that my education is still very well below the target I have set for myself. So I want those who are very conversant with constitutinal laws to speak on this matter, I know american tax payers don't finance Michele Obama's projects. But let us here the pros and cons of this matter. Beaf! Let us hear you, but be factual, quote sessions, sub-session and gazettes where necessary. Legality of this matter is on one side, its morality is also on another side.
Re: Aso Rock Earmarks N5billion To Furnish Mrs. Jonathan’s Ngo Hq : As She Sacks Go by dadicvila(m): 3:16pm On Dec 28, 2011
And yet this Man is saying we should trust him with savings 4rm subsidy??what other prove do we need that this man is a crook bent on selling poverty to Nigerians??
Re: Aso Rock Earmarks N5billion To Furnish Mrs. Jonathan’s Ngo Hq : As She Sacks Go by Ttola(m): 3:16pm On Dec 28, 2011
Jimmy Boy:

I concede that my education is still very well below the target I have set for myself. So I want those who are very conversant with constitutinal laws to speak on this matter,  I know american tax payers don't finance Michele Obama's projects. But let us here the pros and cons of this matter. Beaf! Let us hear you, but be factual, quote sessions, sub-session and gazettes where necessary. Legality of this matter is on one side, its morality is also on another side.

i second this,  lets throw the facts forward,
Re: Aso Rock Earmarks N5billion To Furnish Mrs. Jonathan’s Ngo Hq : As She Sacks Go by Pukkah: 3:19pm On Dec 28, 2011
gbogboti:

@pukkah and bluetooth, she's a Niger Deltan. So let her enjoy d oil money to a very large extent! Ma guy, north, west, middle belt, east don too cheat us. Now na our time. We go chop so tey we go hide as much as possible to ogbodo oyibo. Then, come push go creeks! If una vex! Make una die! No niger delta, no nigeria. I know say una know dis fact sha. In fact! We want to go our own way. Remember, we don't need any region to follow us!

Who is stopping you from going your own way? Go!
Re: Aso Rock Earmarks N5billion To Furnish Mrs. Jonathan’s Ngo Hq : As She Sacks Go by EvilBrain1(m): 3:22pm On Dec 28, 2011
As bad as this story sounds, I'm reluctant to believe it without some proof. Are any other news sources reporting this? Did pointblanknews visit the site and take any pictures? Are there any plans to file a freedom of information request?

If they really used public money to do this, there's a good chance that we can embarrass Jonathan enough to stop all this first lady nonsense.
Re: Aso Rock Earmarks N5billion To Furnish Mrs. Jonathan’s Ngo Hq : As She Sacks Go by muyoto: 3:23pm On Dec 28, 2011
Kx:

and he want to be trusted with proceeds from subsidy?

good question. . . undecided
Re: Aso Rock Earmarks N5billion To Furnish Mrs. Jonathan’s Ngo Hq : As She Sacks Go by okstol: 3:27pm On Dec 28, 2011
@gbogboti, I'm not surprised dat u sounded like a cat fish. Look around ND and tell me what those ur megalomaniac governors did with d money they received from d fg? If I'm not mistaking, nd is least developed region in dis country. U should be ashamed of urself dat other regions in dis country are trying their best to chase away those dat has been crippling our economy. Timipre Silva Uduaghan lavished d allocations of Bayelsa and delta respectively. In fact, u are d biggest fo*ol of 2011. Anu-mpama.
Re: Aso Rock Earmarks N5billion To Furnish Mrs. Jonathan’s Ngo Hq : As She Sacks Go by freecocoa(f): 3:34pm On Dec 28, 2011
gbogboti:

I laugh in boko haram,please how much have "you" as a person "chopped" out of this oil money?

Hahaha again,INGLONANCE(according to my neighbor) at its peak.

THAT'S PEAK.
grin grin
Re: Aso Rock Earmarks N5billion To Furnish Mrs. Jonathan’s Ngo Hq : As She Sacks Go by Nobody: 3:42pm On Dec 28, 2011
humming "this country will collapse if we dont remove subsidy"
Re: Aso Rock Earmarks N5billion To Furnish Mrs. Jonathan’s Ngo Hq : As She Sacks Go by escobar07(m): 3:57pm On Dec 28, 2011
honestly, i dont want to believe its true.though, its not impossible in a country where almost 1 billion naira has been earmarked 4 feeding jonah and sambo families. Folks, please do the maths, how much per day.its just preposterous.
Re: Aso Rock Earmarks N5billion To Furnish Mrs. Jonathan’s Ngo Hq : As She Sacks Go by kizito96(m): 3:59pm On Dec 28, 2011
What do you expect. An Ijaw fisher man and his wife suddenly have money at their disposal to spend. That is why they want to remove fuel subsedy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Orders Investigation Of Strange Disease In Jigawa State / Gov. Ugwuanyi Hosts Rortay International President / Sunday Igboho Begins Negotiation With Beninese Govt Over ‘Health Status’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.