Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,537 members, 7,808,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:17 PM

I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? (14768 Views)

Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? / My First Experience After Smoking Marijuana (the Aftermath) - A Short Story / Smoking Marijuana Reduces IQ Of Teenagers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by LoveKing(m): 5:47pm On Dec 28, 2011
i've been smoking marijuana for about 7 years now. I'm tired of it but the temptation to smoke some times and once in a while after a break is very strong, now i'm an addict. I need real serious counsel on what to do to stop smoking starting from today. I need help.
Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by Afam4eva(m): 6:00pm On Dec 28, 2011
Just stop it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by Kx: 10:19am On Dec 29, 2011
Do we even have rehab or counseling centers for things like this in Nigeria?
Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by DAY12(m): 10:26am On Dec 29, 2011
Why do you wanna stop? angry

Puff it pass it, Its so Classic !
Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by Nobody: 10:28am On Dec 29, 2011
DAY11.:

Why do you wanna stop? angry

Puff it pass it, Its so Classic !
DAY11 shocked
Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by freecocoa(f): 10:30am On Dec 29, 2011
I think there are centres for rehab,make inquiries and visit one.
Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by Katakore(m): 10:36am On Dec 29, 2011
See a psychiatrist, I have seen cocaine addicts doing well on psychotherapy.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by Nobody: 10:36am On Dec 29, 2011
@LoveKing

If you are sincere about stopping first step is:

1. Instantly break-up friendship any friend that is smoking even cigarettes. 100% break-up with no intention of going back to them.

2. Get a decent lady that you will love more than life and she must be a hardliner than will not tolerate your friends and will never allow you smoke.

3. Relocate to a more decent environment

4. Do not smoke the remnant of what remains now, no such thing as my last stick. Dont burn them, simply flush them down the toilet.

5. Stop smoking !!

1 Like

Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by supereagle(m): 10:45am On Dec 29, 2011
afam4eva:

Just stop it.
                         It is more than that. If  he continue keeping the company of  smokers , the urge to smoke will be there. You can get help here www.quitsmokingblueprints..com 

This correct link below
www.stopsmokingblueprints..com
Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by sheyguy: 10:47am On Dec 29, 2011
R u sure u really wanna stop it cos the reality of Naija is harsh . . . .no one wants to face it with clear eye oh . . . . . .  Lol

1 Like

Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by babaowo: 10:52am On Dec 29, 2011
1. Prayer n fasting, 2,  stay away from your friends who smoke, 3.determine to stop, 4, always been thinking of health side of it.eg it kill cells and reduce the age.
Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by Nobody: 10:56am On Dec 29, 2011
Stop if its not good for you,
Im 32 and i have been smoking MJ since 17 yrs. till date.  Its good for me and i have not seen any good reason to stop it.
Read about MJ u will know it has more advantage than disadvantage.  

Though i control myself anytime i visit a country that has strict law on MJ or when im not able to locate the vendor. However, a day without MJ is always boring and make loss weight.

MY BRODA, DO WATIN UR MIND TELL U, DONT STOP because U WANT TO PLEASE PEOPLE. IF U NOR NEED AM, STOP NOW.
89% OF DOCTORS OR HEALTH WEALTH WORKERS SMOKES MJ. IF ITS DANGEROUS, NA DEM GO FIRST KNOW.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by Nobody: 11:03am On Dec 29, 2011
What are you gaining in it? Ask yourself that question then you can move on from there. Weed is bad. It leads someone to hell.
Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by 27naira(m): 11:06am On Dec 29, 2011
PDPwayoo:

Im 32 and i have been smoking MJ since 17 yrs. till date.  Its good for me and i have not seen any good reason to stop it.

Though i control myself anytime i visit a country that has strict law on MJ or when im not able to locate the vendor. However, a day without MJ is always boring and make loss weight.

MY BRODA, DO WATIN your MIND TELL U, DONT STOP because U WANT TO PLEASE PEOPLE. IF U NOR NEED AM, STOP NOW.
89% OF DOCTORS OR HEALTH WEALTH WORKERS SMOKES MJ. IF ITS DANGEROUS, NA DEM GO FIRST KNOW.

angry Are you crazyy? he just said he wants to stop and you're talking vain.

@OP

Change your friends.
Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by marcus1234: 11:08am On Dec 29, 2011
Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by superior1: 11:11am On Dec 29, 2011
PDPwayoo:

MY BRODA, DO WATIN your MIND TELL U,  DONT STOP because U WANT TO PLEASE PEOPLE. IF U NOR NEED AM, STOP NOW.

You dey smoke MJ for real, your statement above is the side effect, u don dey mara
Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by octar6: 11:18am On Dec 29, 2011
superior1:

You dey smoke MJ for real, your statement above is the side effect, u don dey mara

Dats a classic example of madness.dis is wat mj will do for u @ d end of d day. Keep decievin your self until all your teeth go comot finish,den your eyes go clear.
@ op, makin up your mind/determination to stop is d first key.
2. Keep off from those gangs u call friends
3. Move out from dat area if possible
4. Occupy your mind with oda positive activities n avoid bein idle bcus of a relapse.
5. Pray and ask God for help to stay away from it
PDPwayoo:

MY BRODA, DO WATIN your MIND TELL U, DONT STOP because U WANT TO PLEASE PEOPLE. IF U NOR NEED AM, STOP NOW.
Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by Okijajuju1(m): 11:20am On Dec 29, 2011
This OP is lying.

Weed is not addictive!  angry
Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by Nobody: 11:24am On Dec 29, 2011
cool
Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by DAY12(m): 11:25am On Dec 29, 2011
Okija_juju:

This OP is lying.

Says who?  sad
Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by lifestyle1(m): 11:25am On Dec 29, 2011
Make this your new year resolution. cool
Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by Nobody: 11:29am On Dec 29, 2011
Foolish people.  this is the problem of nigeria. Its legalized in some parts of USA , Holland and many other countries.  WHICH OF THESE COUNTRY NAIJA BETTER PASS?
Naija is full of hypocrites,
BOKO HARAM DONT SMOKE MJ THATS WHY THEY KILL INNOCENT PEOPLE AND GEJ DONT SMOKE THATS WHY HE'S CLUELESS.

u ask this gentleman to stop following friends that smoke MJ. what if the friend that smoke MJ is his boss, Can u give him job?

@27KOBO AND @SUPERIOR -1
TELL ME HOW U R BETTER THAN ME COS U DONT SMOKE MJ?
OR HOW GEJ IS BETTER THAN OBAMA (USA) AND PUTIN (RUSSIA)?

MY POINTS ARE VERY CLEAR, SMOKING MJ DOES NOT MAKE U A MONSTER. SMOKING MJ HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH UR PERSONALITY.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by Odunnu: 11:31am On Dec 29, 2011
This is the sanest post OP has ever made since he joined NL. Now I know why.

I'll be back, first lemme take care of something
Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by Starbaby1: 11:33am On Dec 29, 2011
@Loveking, Dude just think of all the money u'll save by stopping! I stopped that shit in 2006, sure i was pressured by my boyfriend who threatened 2 leave if i continued, but now i can look back n say that it was d best thing i ever did!

Try smokin less n less everyday/week, den go cold turkey 4 days at a time, n eventually weeks at a time, u'll always feel d need to smoke n sometimes will give in to temptation after a couple of days, dats ok, but continue depriving urself, with time u'll b able to go weeks without it, n then months, n ultimately years. It doesn't matter if u fall of d wagon one day after being clean 4 a while, d important thing is that u can hav control over it. I have friends that smoke socially are never get addicted cos dey hav so much control over it, i tend to stay away from it completely 2 avoid a repeat of my past.

oh and chew lots gum wen u gt d urge, i think i'm addicted to chewing-gum now, lol. hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by indoorlove(m): 11:34am On Dec 29, 2011
Determination to stop is the key, just wait a minute, count all the achievement dat determination has earned u, and u will realise without it nothing is possible. Inshort "the world is too short to smoke to hell"
Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by Okijajuju1(m): 11:35am On Dec 29, 2011
DAY11.:

Says who?  sad

Says I.

I have been smoking weed for almost 13years now, and I am not addicted.

I can go for months without weed. But I cant last 24hrs without cigarettes.

Anyone who says he/she is addicted to weed, just loves to smoke period. There is no addictive property in weed. The closest you can come to any form of Addiction in weed, is behavioral addiction, e.g oral fixation and co, and behavioral addiction can be gotten from anything a person likes doing.

I Alusi Okija says weed is not addictive.
Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by Fesisko(m): 11:35am On Dec 29, 2011
Okija_juju:

This OP is lying.

who told you that weed is not addictive?I once had a friend who without smoking mj for just 30minutes,he become restless.@op,I Know that bad habit once learned is not easy to let go,but you need to stop it(make u nor go run mad oneday).
Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by wales2007(m): 11:36am On Dec 29, 2011
The truth of the matter is that u cant stop this habit on your own or by ur power. U need a friend Jesus to help u. Also, u need to get involved in activities that discourages smoking. Have friends & relatives around u all the time that would never encourage u to smoke.

Finally, u need a change of identity and life. U need to be born again in truth & in Spirit & then the Holy Spirit would help ur weakness for His strength. This is the only & final solution.

Cheers.
Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by kizito96(m): 11:47am On Dec 29, 2011
First of all you must be sincere to your self. You must develop the will power.
Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by Woke4all(m): 11:47am On Dec 29, 2011
Okija_juju:

This OP is lying.

Dis guy don high grin
Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by Okijajuju1(m): 11:50am On Dec 29, 2011
Wetin concern Jesus with Egbo?!

Did Jesus smoke egbo?! How would he help an egbo smoker when he has never smoked before?!

Abeg abeg!  angry

@Fesisko

Weed is not addictive.

Your friend was nothing short of a juvenile delinquent who just thought smoking weed every 30secs was cool.

Weed is not addictive, neither can it make you mad.

Symptoms of weed; Happy, Hungry, Sleppy! Chikina.

If your friend is orally fixated, then I understand as that is a habitual addiction and not as a result of any addictive compound in weed.

Your friend just has a compulsive behaivior. If he were smoking plantain leaves, he prolly would do same.

@ woke4all

I never high yet o!!

But that doesnt change the fact that weed is not addictive. Nicotine is addictive, so tell me the addictive compound in weed.
Re: I Want To Stop Smoking Marijuana. What Do I Do? by rosoty(f): 12:01pm On Dec 29, 2011
Desiring to stop is a good and important step. However, you need rehabilitation and the success of the rehabilitation process will be dependent on your motivation to stop. See a list of some substance abuse treatment/rehabilitation centres in Nigeria. The choice of centre would be dependent on your location, your finances, whether you have become physically dependent on marijuana or have psychotic problems. Considering that you put up this post yourself, I guess you have little or no psychotic problems and therefore may not need psychiatric evaluation. I will therefore recommend the centres that are not neuropsychiatric hospitals.

ABUJA
National Hospital, Department of Psychiatry
Central Business District Phase II Abuja

BORNO
Drug Treatment and Rehabilitation Ward,
Federal Neuropsychiatric Hospital,
Baga Road, Maiduguri.

CROSS RIVER
Federal Psychiatric Hospital,
Calabar

EDO
Uselu, Benin

ENUGU
Ituku Street, off Chime Avenue,
New Haven, Enugu

KADUNA
Drug and Alcohol Treatment, Education and Rehabilitation Unit,
Barnawa, Kaduna State.

LAGOS
Christ Against Drug Abuse Ministry (CADAM)
Remi Enahoro’s Place,
Dominion Sanctuary, The Redeemed Christian Church Of God,
1 Vori Close, Off Acme Road, Ogba, Ikeja, Lagos Nigeria.

8 Harvey Road,
Yaba, Lagos

House of Refuge,
1 Fubara Dublin-Green off Alpha Beach Road,
Lekki-Epe Expressway, Lagos.

OGUN
DATER House (Professor Anumoye Drug Addiction Treatment Education and Research Unit),
Neuropsychiatric Hospital,
Aro, Abeokuta.

PLATEAU
Substance Abuse Treatment & Rehabilitation Centre
Vom Chirstian Hospital Premises, Vom, Plateau State.

SOKOTO
Kware, Sokoto

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Doctor Dies Of Lassa Fever In Rivers / Resident Doctors Proceed On Indefinite Strike, Reject FG's Offer / Brush After Breakfast, Not Before — Expert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.