Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,235 members, 7,807,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:15 PM

Should The NFF Allow Keshi Take Up Punditry Role With Super Sport For CAN 2012? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Should The NFF Allow Keshi Take Up Punditry Role With Super Sport For CAN 2012? (2667 Views)

Poll: Should He Be Allowed?

Yes: 37% (6 votes)
No: 62% (10 votes)
This poll has ended

Alex Iwobi Now Fit, Trains With Super Eagles / Mikel: I Love My Role With The Super Eagles / My Pictures With Super Eagles just before finals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should The NFF Allow Keshi Take Up Punditry Role With Super Sport For CAN 2012? by medjai(m): 11:18pm On Dec 28, 2011
I'm sure most of us have seen the Super Sport CAN 2012 ad that lists Super Eagles Head Coach, Stephen Keshi, as one of the pundits that will be on parade for their coverage of the event.

So should the NFF allow Keshi take up the job? From what I've heard, the NFF are not very pleased with this and they plan to stop Keshi from going.

Personally, I see nothing wrong with Keshi taking up the role of a pundit with Super Sports while the nations cup is on. I mean, there's no way that's going to affect his job as SE coach. Arsene Wenger, for instance, was a pundit for Euro Sports during the 2010 world cup, so like I said before, there's nothing wrong with Keshi being a pundit.
Re: Should The NFF Allow Keshi Take Up Punditry Role With Super Sport For CAN 2012? by Kx: 10:05am On Dec 29, 2011
Wenger analyses for Eurosports for champions league even when Arsenal is taking part.
Dont see why Keshi should nt analyze CAN especially when Nigeria is nt taking part.
Re: Should The NFF Allow Keshi Take Up Punditry Role With Super Sport For CAN 2012? by babyboy3(m): 10:24am On Dec 29, 2011
So should the NFF allow Keshi take up the job? From what I've heard, the NFF are not very pleased with this and they plan to stop Keshi from going.

Its not the NFF's business what he does during his free time
Re: Should The NFF Allow Keshi Take Up Punditry Role With Super Sport For CAN 2012? by sinistyle(m): 10:34am On Dec 29, 2011
Why should Keshi be allowed to analyze for Super Sport? We are supposed to be sober from missing AFCON and Keshi going on to do punditry work for Super Sport will only go on to portray us as unserious or how else do you think we'd be seen by the rest of the world when our chief coach is seen analyzing on TV?

This is the same Keshi that has waxed lyrical about incorporating home based players into the eagles set up and I've heard that the league is resuming next month. A serious Keshi should be busy scouting talents across the country. Infact, Keshi is unserious.
Re: Should The NFF Allow Keshi Take Up Punditry Role With Super Sport For CAN 2012? by COMPAQ(m): 10:36am On Dec 29, 2011
There is nothing wrong with it, but keshi is actually a terrible footbal commentator. I was alsways cringing when he spoke during the world cup!! Boy was he poor, i'm wondering wht super sport is bringing him back.
Re: Should The NFF Allow Keshi Take Up Punditry Role With Super Sport For CAN 2012? by saintneo(m): 11:29am On Dec 29, 2011
sinistyle:

Why should Keshi be allowed to analyze for Super Sport? We are supposed to be sober from missing AFCON and Keshi going on to do punditry work for Super Sport will only go on to portray us as unserious or how else do you think we'd be seen by the rest of the world when our chief coach is seen analyzing on TV?

This is the same Keshi that has waxed lyrical about incorporating home based players into the eagles set up and I've heard that the league is resuming next month. A serious Keshi should be busy scouting talents across the country. Infact, Keshi is unserious.
i think you should make mournful jersey for super eagles and nigeria in general.

keshi has the right to do what he loves. scouting for local eagles is his job but it shouldnt stop him from participating in other footy events.
Re: Should The NFF Allow Keshi Take Up Punditry Role With Super Sport For CAN 2012? by wesley80(m): 11:34am On Dec 29, 2011
COMPAQ:

There is nothing wrong with it, but keshi is actually a terrible footbal commentator. I was alsways cringing when he spoke during the world cup!! Boy was he poor, i'm wondering wht super sport is bringing him back.

Which of the ex-internationals is good when it comes to being a football pundit? Surely Keshi cant be that bad, no? Amokachi with his 'you know, you know' Ikpeba widening his mouth till they almost touch his ears and always managing to replace 'Ch' with 'Shhh' as in 'Shance' and 'Shelsea', the other day I watched Dosu on Supersports, my heart was pounding every time it got to his turn to speak, cos the guy looked like he might burst out crying any minute from intense pressure! We've been managing the others I'm sure we can accommodate another. I'd sure luv to hear what he's got upstairs.
Re: Should The NFF Allow Keshi Take Up Punditry Role With Super Sport For CAN 2012? by ENZOSCIFO1: 11:39am On Dec 29, 2011
sinistyle:

This is what you sound like, Why is an expert invited on TV to analyse the industry he belongs to when the company he works for (in the industry) just made an end of year loss?

Do u see how dumb that sounds.
Re: Should The NFF Allow Keshi Take Up Punditry Role With Super Sport For CAN 2012? by Ifemyke: 5:40pm On Dec 29, 2011
Keshi should sit down and look after our eagles. One does not chase rat when his house is burning.
Meanwhile, Yaya begs to stay in England for an extra week ahead of African Cup of Nations
Read more on www.footballfile.com
Re: Should The NFF Allow Keshi Take Up Punditry Role With Super Sport For CAN 2012? by Reference(m): 6:20pm On Dec 29, 2011
Kx:

Wenger analyses for Eurosports for champions league even when Arsenal is taking part.
Dont see why Keshi should nt analyze CAN especially when Nigeria is nt taking part.

Apples and oranges. Club camp is closed in the summer months during the world cup, players not involved are on holidays so its only admin work for managers so its easy. Eurosport conducts those interviews in London. It takes very little times. Keshi will be away to South Africa upwards of two weeks probably three. Is he willing to relinquish three-quarters of his monthly tax payer provided wage when he should be grooming a new team ahead of the qualifiers.

If he has submitted a work plan then he should stick to it. If he hasn't one the NFF should give him one. We've fallen far behind our competition and should be working twice as hard to catch up and while our rivals eek out good match practice at the Nations we are busy doing analysis. Too bad.

Just reminds me of what happened to the Falcons Olympic misadventure. After the narrow lead in Abuja the ladies went to sleep while Cameroon gained good form during the All African games and sent the ever heady, complacent Nigerians home empty after the return leg.

In my primary school days the result you bring home decides whether it is long vac. at the beach or with a lesson teacher. These days hardwork and excellence is just lost on us.
Re: Should The NFF Allow Keshi Take Up Punditry Role With Super Sport For CAN 2012? by Limaoscar: 7:52pm On Dec 29, 2011
Yes, He should if only He won't be speaking "I worro, gorro", nonsense slangs grin grin
Re: Should The NFF Allow Keshi Take Up Punditry Role With Super Sport For CAN 2012? by Sagamite(m): 6:08pm On Jan 21, 2012
sinistyle:

You are a cretin!

How will Keshi going to do commentary translate to us being unserious?

Is there any activity that SE would be taking during ANC when they did not qualify for it that Keshi needs to be focusing on? FOOOOL!

Cretin! What makes you think Keshi does not have assistants responsible for scouting? If the league begins next month how does it affect Keshi going to the ANC this month?

Product of a failed education system.

(1) (Reply)

Winasbet.com Not Paying My Money / Who Is Better Between Eden Hazard And Angel Di Maria / My Best Football Commentator Ever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.