Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,038 members, 7,799,524 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:48 PM

Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow - Properties (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow (132642 Views)

Reality Building Of A 2 Bedroom Flat In Akure / New Project: Building A 4 Bedroom Bungalow / 4 Bedroom Bungalow, All Rms Ensuite Tiled Premise, Gen House For Only 13M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow by spyder880(m): 12:05am On Aug 19, 2012
lacord5: spyder pls can u build this bungalow in lagos foundation to roofing on dry land for 2.5? if u can pls leave me ur mail add and phone no.

My handicap is my limited knowledge of Lagos and environs. I wish I know the area well to answer this question. However the N2.5m is only for the foundation, German floor, walls, lintels, leveling and roofing of this house. It does not include the finishing like plastering, ceiling, dressing, floors, electrical and plumbing works. Thanks.
Re: Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow by lexxycool: 12:38am On Aug 19, 2012
 luv ur tread..pls Ђ☺ω
Much Ȋ̝̊̅§ it goin †☺ take †☺ build a 5 bedroom bungalow
or a 6-3bedroom flat...
Pls  nid a reply...⌣»̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣kƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶⌣
Re: Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow by spyder880(m): 5:36am On Aug 19, 2012
lexxycool:  luv ur tread..pls Ђ☺ω
Much Ȋ̝̊̅§ it goin †☺ take †☺ build a 5 bedroom bungalow
or a 6-3bedroom flat...
Pls  nid a reply...⌣»̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣kƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶⌣

A lot depends of the plan of the house, the more complex the features the costlier it will be. Size of the house and location also plays a big part in all this. One can build a 5 bedroom that is smaller than a 3 bedroom house.In some 4 bedroom houses, each of the rooms could be larger than an average lounge.
Re: Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow by lacord5: 11:45am On Aug 19, 2012
well the land is situate at Agbara (it not even lagos,my mistake, its ogun state but regarded as lagos too,its in a dry land. I know the 2.5 is only from foundation till roofing.But can u give me a very good estimate of cost of this building from foundation to completion,but with a different roof, this new mud_like roof, pop, good windows, china foreign doors,excluding tiles and wood work like wordrobe and cabinets. pls kindly send me details on lacord5@fastmail.fm

1 Like

Re: Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow by brabus(m): 1:13pm On Aug 19, 2012
lacord5: well the land is situate at Agbara (it not even lagos,my mistake, its ogun state but regarded as lagos too,its in a dry land. I know the 2.5 is only from foundation till roofing.But can u give me a very good estimate of cost of this building from foundation to completion,but with a different roof, this new mud_like roof, pop, good windows, china foreign doors,excluding tiles and wood work like wordrobe and cabinets. pls kindly send me details on lacord5@fastmail.fm

@Spyder, maybe this will help. Agbara is just 10 mins drive from my present project site and here are the material cost.

20 ton Sharp Sand - 45k
Granite 20 ton - 120k
1 ton 12mm iron rod - 160k
9in block - 120 - 170 (depending on how solid)
Bricklayer charges - N25 per block
Carpenter Daily pay - N4k
Iron Bender Daily pay - N5k
Concrete Casting Labourers - N2k
Bricklaying Labourer - N1.5k
Binding Wire - N2.5k
Average Transportation cost of getting materials to site ranges btw - N1.5k - 3k

You can only build in that area using masons from the area. I doubt you can break even using your own men. I tried it and it doesn't work. Transportation to site from Lagos Central is at least N1k per person to and fro.
Re: Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow by spyder880(m): 1:24pm On Aug 19, 2012
brabus:

@Spyder, maybe this will help. Agbara is just 10 mins drive from my present project site and here are the material cost.

20 ton Sharp Sand - 45k
Granite 20 ton - 120k
1 ton 12mm iron rod - 160k
9in block - 120 - 170 (depending on how solid)
Bricklayer charges - N25 per block
Carpenter Daily pay - N4k
Iron Bender Daily pay - N5k
Concrete Casting Labourers - N2k
Bricklaying Labourer - N1.5k
Binding Wire - N2.5k
Average Transportation cost of getting materials to site ranges btw - N1.5k - 3k

You can only build in that area using masons from the area. I doubt you can break even using your own men. I tried it and it doesn't work. Transportation to site from Lagos Central is at least N1k per person to and fro.

Happy Sunday and Sallah bros grin
Nothing beats local knowledge. I am sure our friend will be better off using your services since you are already in the area. Most times I move far from areas I am familiar with, I run into unforseen circumstances.
Re: Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow by bleeper: 12:19pm On Aug 24, 2012
bleeper: Spyder880, I have silently followed your tutorship on nairaland for months and I must say a big thank you for your selfless disposition to educating all interested nairalanders.

I have a challenge that you may be able to help with. I started a 4 bedroom duplex (with a 2 bed BQ, gatehouse and a generator house)in Ibadan about one and half years ago. It is presenly awaiting roofing after spending about N7m (excluding cost of land). The design is a simple one and was made so because of lack of skills of builders in that particular location. I intend to make up for the lack of architectural beauty in the finishing of this building.

I however require the services of expert builders/finishers like yourself who could turn this humble looking structure in to a decent one with quality finishing. Do you have contacts in Ibadan whom you could reference? Or what do you think could be done at this stage?

By the way, the roofing will be done by the middle of October this year.

Oga Spyder880, please refer to my request above. Any updates for me?

Thanks.

Re: Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow by bleeper: 12:20pm On Aug 24, 2012
[quote author=bleeper][/quote]

Please refer to my request above, any updates for me?
Re: Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow by spyder880(m): 2:17pm On Aug 24, 2012
bleeper:

Please refer to my request above, any updates for me?

Hello friend, I think Brabus can handle things better from that area. Please contact him for more infomation. Thanks.
Re: Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow by bleeper: 3:35pm On Aug 24, 2012
Thanks Spyder880, I appreciate your prompt response. The challenge here is trust. I have followed your progress (work, criticism, advice, suggestions etc)over time and I was confident about your sincerity before I asked for your assistance. These qualities especially the latter is not a common virtue in most workmen and I must say I'm a bit sceptical.

But I can't push you too much, I appreciate the geographical (location) constraints you may be facing. Please how much do you know Brabus? Have you referenced any other job to him before now? If yes, what was the client's feedback?

And @ Brabus, pls what can you say to Spyder's recommendation?

spyder880:

Hello friend, I think Brabus can handle things better from that area. Please contact him for more infomation. Thanks.
Re: Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow by spyder880(m): 4:31pm On Aug 24, 2012
bleeper: Thanks Spyder880, I appreciate your prompt response. The challenge here is trust. I have followed your progress (work, criticism, advice, suggestions etc)over time and I was confident about your sincerity before I asked for your assistance. These qualities especially the latter is not a common virtue in most workmen and I must say I'm a bit sceptical.

But I can't push you too much, I appreciate the geographical (location) constraints you may be facing. Please how much do you know Brabus? Have you referenced any other job to him before now? If yes, what was the client's feedback?

I understand where you are coming from but I believe one incident should not be used to draw a summary on a person. Brabus is a young man and I know he understands the challenge in front of us. I have never met him physically but, how many nairalanders have I met?
I think we should give him another chance.

1 Like

Re: Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow by kcoolk4: 1:05am On Aug 25, 2012
spyder880:

I understand where you are coming from but I believe one incident should not be used to draw a summary on a person. Brabus is a young man and I know he understands the challenge in front of us. I have never met him physically but, how many nairalanders have I met?
Spyder! Spyder!!. Spyder!!!. I'm an advocate of second chance but I do not believe brabus has resolved the first issue to the satisfaction of his client so second chance should not even arise. Personally, I'll not give my money to brabus for now. I've had a project that I would have loved him to handle in Lagos but due to the way he handled the first incident, I couldn't even contact him. Do you know what we don't know about the first incident?. I want to tell you this secret, I was the one that referred you for the Osogbo deal but I've never met or talked to you on the phone before. The Osogbo guy became an observer on nairaland after I introduced him. He contacted you when he was convinced. Brabus is closer to us in SW than you. How come pple in Ibadan,Lagos,Abuja etc want you to work for them?. Pls, keep moving,keep doing what are doing and don't tarnish your image by this your referral ooo..
Re: Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow by MaxNdu: 5:06am On Aug 25, 2012
Hi Spyder and other Nairalanders,
Please I have some questions/obsevations.
I have noticed some block moulders adding plastering sand to the mixture used in making blocks. Is this a good practice and what could be the advantages?
Re: Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow by spyder880(m): 5:47am On Aug 25, 2012
MaxNdu: Hi Spyder and other Nairalanders,
Please I have some questions/obsevations.
I have noticed some block moulders adding plastering sand to the mixture used in making blocks. Is this a good practice and what could be the advantages?

It is not a bad idea. I have done this in the past. In one site I was making blocks, I noticed that their river sand is too sharp (has too many teeth) that it will be breaking as you remove the metal mold.
We bought more trips of soft plastering sand and added to the sharp sand, it solved the problem and we had very good block products.
Re: Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow by spyder880(m): 5:50am On Aug 25, 2012
@ kcool_k4, long time my man? Thanks for everything, have a loaded,wonderful weekend!
Re: Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow by brabus(m): 4:48pm On Aug 26, 2012
spyder880:

Thanks spyder for the referral. Its always a great risk when you recommend a product or service to another person. The last thing I want to do is pursue something that might make you fee uncomfortable.

Actually, I build my business on referral in a very simple way.
First, I'd give new clients call to see if they're open to a quick meeting, then explain my work, ask them few questions and see where that takes us. If they're not interested, that's the end of it.

So, if you run into anyone whom you think might get value from the work I do, don't keep me a secret.
Re: Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow by brabus(m): 5:02pm On Aug 26, 2012
bleeper:

Spyder is a great friend we met online (Nairaland) about 2 years ago. We just hit off and became good friends.
Other than that, he's a great builder that I call "Bargain Hunter" and one of the most passionate friend I've never met.

Honestly, I don't know if I have anything to sell you other than trust and confidence but on the strength of Spyder's recommendation, I'd like about few minutes of your time over the phone or whatever medium you found convenient. At that time, we can both determine if there's a reason for the conversation to continue.

Of course, every situation is different.

1 Like

Re: Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow by bleeper: 11:21am On Aug 29, 2012
@ Brabus, pls let me have your e-mail addy.
Re: Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow by bleeper: 11:25am On Aug 29, 2012
@ kcool k4, please is it possible for you to provide me with the link related to Brabus's issue with his client? I just want an independent appraisal so that I could draw my own conclusions.

Thank you.
Re: Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow by brabus(m): 1:35pm On Aug 29, 2012
bleeper: @ Brabus, pls let me have your e-mail addy.

Just key in "Building a luxury block of flat" into google search. You'll get the link to the thread.
Re: Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow by kcoolk4: 4:18pm On Aug 29, 2012
bleeper: @ kcool k4, please is it possible for you to provide me with the link related to Brabus's issue with his client? I just want an independent appraisal so that I could draw my own conclusions.

Thank you.

Brabus has provided the link to you. Pls read through it thouroughly. You might even want to talk to him and the Ahononan(the other client involved) before you decide. At the end of the day, it's your money to lose or gain. Personally, I'll not deal with brabus with any pole (long or short). I really don't have the money and time to waste chasing people here and there.No game!. But whatever you decide,can you be kind enough to update us pls?. Who knows, brabus might use your project to make things right and be in my good book(as if it matters).
Re: Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow by kcoolk4: 4:20pm On Aug 29, 2012
brabus:

My email address is bosun.dav13s@gmail.com

Just key in "Building a luxury block of flat" into google search. You'll get the link to the thread.

Sir brabus, I believe you know I have nothing personal against you.
Re: Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow by brabus(m): 7:31pm On Aug 29, 2012
kcool_k4:

Sir brabus, I believe you know I have nothing personal against you.

Bros, I don't begrudge people. Life is all about choices. It depends on the perspective of individuals and hence not something I can generalize.

Each time something bad happens, I can choose to be a victim or... choose to learn from it. I choose to learn from it.

Hence, the reason I'll never request that the thread should be deleted. Its always a reference point for me and there are so many lessons to learn.

Every time someone comes to me complaining, I can choose to accept their complaints or... point out the positive side of life. I choose the positive side of life.

Lesson learned

Just like the roads we travel on everyday, there are corners, cross-roads, detours, roundabouts, and even the pothole.
With a number of different roads to choose from, and only a vague idea of where they go, which one is the right one to take?

Life only offer choices. It doesn't give guarantees.
Re: Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow by brabus(m): 8:03pm On Aug 29, 2012
@bleeper, @kcool_k4

Let's not disintegrate this thread with unrelated topic. I'll only respond to on-topic posts henceforth.

Thanks.
Re: Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow by bleeper: 3:19pm On Aug 31, 2012
I just went through the referenced thread. Omo, I no fit shout o. I am out of here.
Re: Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow by funsam85: 10:04pm On Sep 01, 2012
@ brabus
I am really grateful for the enlightment.Can u please give me the breakdown.thanxx
Re: Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow by brabus(m): 12:31am On Sep 02, 2012
funsam85: good day, I just joined the site. Can any one tell me what the average cost of building a four bedroom bungalow (from foundation to roofing) in abeokuta is?It includes a family lounge, main lounge all room ensuite, a sit out and other accesories. I have gotten a land. Thanks.

@ brabus
I am really grateful for the
enlightment.Can u please give me the
breakdown.thanxx

Hi funsam85,

With respect, I dont think this is the right way to commence your project. What I want you to clearly avoid is commiting yourself to a project that may go haywire.

Experience has taught me to put caveats on guess-timates as number of projects commenced without drawings , specification or proper pricing don't end well.

The best advice I can give is to speak to an architect, come up with a specification document showing the must-have and nice-to-have features of the proposed development and also interview established builders in the area as they will have local knowledge and should guide you much better.

Acceptance of quick quote pricing without any proper information to support is dangerous.

However, here is a breakdown for a similar project roofed last week, belonging to another Nairaland client in Ogijo, Ogun state.

House Type: Bungalow
Land Topography: Flat and Dry
Dimension: 39ft x 55ft
Bedrooms: 3 spacious bedroom, all ensuite
Bathrooms: 2 1/2

Other features:
- Drive-in Garage
- Family room/Dining
- Main Lounge
- Porch
- Kitchen/Laundry/Small Terrace
- Lobby
- .45 Step Tiles Aluminium

1. Foundation: N650k
2. Carcass: N1.3m
3. Roofing: N1m

*I'll update the pics later. Attached herewith the elevation plan of the building in .pdf format.

1 Like

Re: Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow by AYSISIOOOO: 12:04pm On Sep 10, 2012
Pls how many blocks and cement will I need for a five bedroom bungalow all ensuite from foundation to lintel on a dry land.thanks
Re: Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow by spyder880(m): 1:36pm On Sep 10, 2012
AYSISIOOOO: Pls how many blocks and cement will I need for a five bedroom bungalow all ensuite from foundation to lintel on a dry land.thanks

Have you got a house plan drawn yet?
Re: Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow by AYSISIOOOO: 8:35am On Sep 11, 2012
@spyder880, The plan is not ready yet but I just want to build a normal size house,from what I ve learnt on this thread I understand that block and cement constitute to about 75% to d cost of building from foundation to lintel,pls correct me if am wrong.
Re: Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow by spyder880(m): 9:47am On Sep 11, 2012
AYSISIOOOO: @spyder880, The plan is not ready yet but I just want to build a normal size house,from what I ve learnt on this thread I understand that block and cement constitute to about 75% to d cost of building from foundation to lintel,pls correct me if am wrong.

Lets say 70%, labour costs comes next on the expense chart.
Re: Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow by AYSISIOOOO: 10:59am On Sep 11, 2012
@spyder880 ,pls I am still looking fwd to an estimate of d number of blocks and cement for the proposed flat.thanks for ur help

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat. / Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu / "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.