Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,801,998 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:38 AM

Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow - Properties (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow (132652 Views)

Reality Building Of A 2 Bedroom Flat In Akure / New Project: Building A 4 Bedroom Bungalow / 4 Bedroom Bungalow, All Rms Ensuite Tiled Premise, Gen House For Only 13M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow by tlops(m): 7:46pm On Apr 25, 2013
we are waiting

Re: Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow by spyroxy1(m): 4:58am On May 02, 2013
Re: Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow by megastu(m): 9:43am On Aug 21, 2013
We have completed the entire plastering, dressing, and installing of metal doors in this house. Burglary protectors as well as window glass has been fully installed. The only works remaining here are the wooden door frames, dressing them, doing something about the floors, floor tiles, wall tiles, frontal tiles and plumbing fittings. Something should also be done about the kitchen, I have a guy who can make the kitchen so beautiful that people will shout, but he is not cheap. This will be followed by electrical fittings and then we shall be having our first house warming party in this forum

@spyder, please after roofing comes 1st stage electricals and installation of plumbing pipes. What comes next? Roughly how much would be spent for rough electrical. If you can give me your number, it will be helpful too.
Re: Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow by megastu(m): 10:25am On Aug 21, 2013
@spyder880
the foundation alone cost about N1.8m and it looks exactly like the work done on your property... I demanded for a breakdown and got this

DESCRIPTION QTY RATE TOTAL
FOUNDATION 1,840,200
9' BLOCKS 700 170 119,000
6 ' BLOCKS 900 140 126,000
20 TON SAND 6 45,000 270,000
20 TON GRANITE 4 85,000 340,000
20 TON LAT/SAND 18 25,000 450,000
CEMENT 98 1,850 181,300
BINDING WIRE 1 5,500 5,500
1X12X12 PLANKS 18 850 15,300
2X2X 12 PLANKS 30 280 8,400
3' Nails / bag 1 5,500 5,500
12mm RODS 6 1,450 8,700
8mm RODS 5 960 4,800
Excavation/part 42 850 35,700
Block Work lot 74,000 74,000
Backfilling lot 52,000 52,000
Carpentry Works lot 15,000 15,000
Iron Bending LOT 8,000 8,000
Concrete castin 1 76000 76,000
Demolition 1 45000 45,000

The foundation reached 5 blocks high

@Poster,

My foundation cost 4.8million. It was made for a duplex but i changed my mind and now having a bungalow.
Re: Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow by Fhemmmy: 1:45pm On Aug 21, 2013
Presence, Sir!
Re: Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow by meggie2051(f): 2:10pm On Oct 08, 2013
Dear Sir ,

My name is Meggie and I work for Galuminium Group Co,Ltd (China) . Established in 1993, is one of the leading Companies in China that specializes in manufacturing constructive aluminum profiles for Doors & Windows and Curtain Walls as well as fabricated windows and doors.

We are specialized in the following:
Aluminium Doors and Windows
Aluminium Profiles
Curtain Wall
Balcony Railing & Stair Railing

Here is my request:
I would like to send you a brochure, a product catalogue and price details
Please send me your windows and doors information ( or project) ,if you need our products
Best regards

--
Meggie .Y Sales Manager
Galuminium Group Co,.Ltd
Address : No 55 Qingyun Road ,Jianggao Baiyun Dist.,GZ,China
Mobile: +86-13726893743
Email: gzgaluminium@163.com
Web: www.gzga.com.cn
Re: Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow by nk(f): 7:15pm On Oct 09, 2013
Hello spyder. Pls can i get an estimate of the number of blocks and cement for a 4 bedroom bungalow all room ensuite from dpc to roofing level. our builder just brought an estimate that my husband believes is too high. I will appeeciate ur quick response. Thanks
Re: Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow by spyder880(m): 12:15am On Oct 10, 2013
nk: Hello spyder. Pls can i get an estimate of the number of blocks and cement for a 4 bedroom bungalow all room ensuite from dpc to roofing level. our builder just brought an estimate that my husband believes is too high. I will appeeciate ur quick response. Thanks

The building plans could have helped me with the maths, some houses are much larger even if they are same room numbers.
Re: Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow by nk(f): 3:56am On Oct 10, 2013
spyder880:

The building plans could have helped me with the maths, some houses are much larger even if they are same room numbers.

Thank you. Can i get ur email id, where i can send the building plans to? Mine is nklicia@yahoo.com.
Re: Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow by spyder880(m): 6:24am On Oct 10, 2013
nk:

Thank you. Can i get ur email id, where i can send the building plans to? Mine is nklicia@yahoo.com.

Ckenneths@yahoo.co.uk
Tigerkenn@gmail.com
Re: Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow by tlops(m): 8:34pm On Oct 14, 2013
spyder880:

3x4x12 hardwood for wall plate 24x700=N16,800
2X4X18 hardwood for rafters 150x930=139,500
2x3x12 wood for poline 350x250=N87,500
solignum, all nails and iron rope =32,000
painting the wood with chemical = 5,000
carpentery for roofing/ceiling N120,000
step tiles aluminium sheets (subject to further confirmation after wood work) N650,000
Installation of roofing sheets =50,000

the total should be somethin in the region of N1,100,800.00

Let us please note that the final measurements after wood work is what will produce the accurate figures for the sheets and accessories.

Hi Oga Spyder I am about to engage in a similar project a 3 bedroom B/Q in ibadan and I got a quotation of about 2.3 Million from foundation till just before roofing... going through my notes with following your thread I feel this quotation is high or what do you think? can we get an update on this cost... I think you should have a thread for your projects and cost implication by stages...lol smiley but seriously cool. thanks
Re: Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow by spyroxy1(m): 5:10pm On Oct 23, 2013
[size=18pt]Guys I have N1m for a half plot in a any good, open and developing location in lagos.

If you have any please advise here. preffered locations -

Igando,
Aboru,
Orisunmare(ejigbo),
Giwa Oke aro (Iju - ishaga)

...and any other places you think my money can buy... Please

Thanks[/size]
Re: Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow by investnow2013: 12:21pm On Dec 21, 2013
spyder880: ^^^ @ morewat, thanks for all your kind words, in fact, people like you are my principal motivation to want to do more.
As for the above pictured blocks, they are 6" hollow just like the ones we used in the foundation. The only difference is the block nold used on this one is of larger hole, and thus different from the first set. But they are all 6" hollow blocks. We made over 700+ blocks, I think we got 43-44 blocks from each bag of cement. You are welcome.
Thanks Spyder880 for all Your Good Works.Can We possibly use 6 Hollow blocks to build 4 Story House at Awada Onitsha?
Re: Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow by tlops(m): 9:32pm On Dec 31, 2013
Happy New year!

Re: Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow by spyder880(m): 10:21pm On Dec 31, 2013
invest-now2013:
Thanks Spyder880 for all Your Good Works.Can We possibly use 6 Hollow blocks to build 4 Story House at Awada Onitsha?

I don't think any structural engineer will propose a building drawn for 3 floors while standing on 150x150mm columns. I don't think any govt agency or town planning authority can approve of such building.

I will not go near such site to even peep cheesy
Re: Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow by spyder880(m): 12:02am On Jan 01, 2014
Happy new year to all my friends here, may this new year 2014 bring to your lives;

PEACE
JOY
GOOD HEALTH
WEALTH
HAPPINESS
UPLIFTMENT
FAVOR
MANIFESTATION OF GOD'S WORK
MERRIMENT
UNPRECEDENTED SUCCESS

GOD BE WITH YOU ALL.
Re: Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow by spyroxy1(m): 10:15am On Aug 12, 2014
ffg
Re: Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow by donbuchi1(m): 10:36am On Aug 12, 2014
nice thread
Re: Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow by iyakebe(f): 11:01pm On Aug 13, 2014
megastu: We have completed the entire plastering, dressing, and installing of metal doors in this house. Burglary protectors as well as window glass has been fully installed. The only works remaining here are the wooden door frames, dressing them, doing something about the floors, floor tiles, wall tiles, frontal tiles and plumbing fittings. Something should also be done about the kitchen, I have a guy who can make the kitchen so beautiful that people will shout, but he is not cheap. This will be followed by electrical fittings and then we shall be having our first house warming party in this forum .good

@spyder, please after roofing comes 1st stage electricals and installation of plumbing pipes. What comes next? Roughly how much would be spent for rough electrical. If you can give me your number, it will be helpful too.
Re: Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow by Nobody: 2:01pm On Sep 09, 2014
Sir Spyder, how much does it cost to build a 4 bedroom bungalow at most?

Thanks.
Re: Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow by spyder880(m): 5:29pm On Sep 09, 2014
2sExy1: Sir Spyder, how much does it cost to build a 4 bedroom bungalow at most?

Thanks.

Size of the house, roofing type?
Re: Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow by Nobody: 11:26pm On Sep 09, 2014
spyder880:

Size of the house, roofing type?
I have no idea. I just want to know how much it cost on average. so I can have a mental picture and then prepare. thanks.
Re: Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow by spyder880(m): 6:11pm On Sep 10, 2014
2sExy1: I have no idea. I just want to know how much it cost on average. so I can have a mental picture and then prepare. thanks.

Average of N5m till roofing is done.

1 Like

Re: Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow by Nobody: 6:19pm On Sep 10, 2014
spyder880:

Average of N5m till roofing is done.
thanks Sir. Na wa o. And I asked a very close friend. He was quoting 10 Million. I had to ask another person and he told me same thing you did. Thanks Oga Spyder. God bless you.
Re: Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow by mufutau55(m): 6:20pm On Sep 10, 2014
2sExy1: thanks Sir. Na wa o. And I asked a very close friend. He was quoting 10 Million. I had to ask another person and he told me same thing you did. Thanks Oga Spyder. God bless you.

May be the first person is talking about finishing included, unless you actually specify like Oga Spyder did above..(only to roofing stage)
Just a thought.

Hajji M.
Re: Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow by Nobody: 6:29pm On Sep 10, 2014
mufutau55:

May be the first person is talking about finishing included, unless you actually specify like Oga Spyder did above..(only to roofing stage)
Just a thought.

Hajji M.
i told him same thing I said here. Let's assume that it's till finish... Does that mean it will cost extra 5 Million to complete when you factor in all and all that will make the structure a HOME?
Re: Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow by mufutau55(m): 6:44pm On Sep 10, 2014
2sExy1: i told him same thing I said here. Let's assume that it's till finish... Does that mean it will cost extra 5 Million to complete when you factor in all and all that will make the structure a HOME?

Finishing is subjective, the more reason why Builders always quote until roofing because those are standard. Finishing could be from poorman's taste, moderate, and lavishing... so for moderate finishing the N5m probably could do it... depending on your taste.

Remember finishing includes (just to name few, that I remember) Windows, burglary proofs, doors, tiles, ceilings (PVC or POP and others) wall screedings and paintings, plumbings and toilets/bath/kitchen equipments.. landscapings etc.. So we are talking about good money here..

Hajji M.
Re: Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow by Nobody: 7:12pm On Sep 10, 2014
mufutau55:

Finishing is subjective, the more reason why Builders always quote until roofing because those are standard. Finishing could be from poorman's taste, moderate, and lavishing... so for moderate finishing the N5m probably could do it... depending on your taste.

Remember finishing includes (just to name few, that I remember) Windows, burglary proofs, doors, tiles, ceilings (PVC or POP and others) wall screedings and paintings, plumbings and toilets/bath/kitchen equipments.. landscapings etc.. So we are talking about good money here..

Hajji M.
okay sir. I get your point... Well, let's see how things goes. Well, I told him STANDARD bungalow... And I guess that was why he quoted that 10 Million because he said it will cover everything, including those you just mentioned. So, I guess we are still on track and in line with what he said.

Thanks once again.
Re: Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow by Gadgetmobil(m): 10:42am On Jun 02, 2015
Fully seated
Re: Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow by mixratio(m): 12:56pm On Jun 02, 2015
[quote author=spyder880 post=10093720
i wish had d opportunity these guys have back in my school days..congrats to them. They will be learning firsthand and also earning cash at d same time. Its a win- win situation for them. Theres dignity in labour. UP SPYDER
Re: Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow by no1madman(m): 1:29pm On Jun 02, 2015
meggie2051:
Dear Sir ,

My name is Meggie and I work for Galuminium Group Co,Ltd (China) . Established in 1993, is one of the leading Companies in China that specializes in manufacturing constructive aluminum profiles for Doors & Windows and Curtain Walls as well as fabricated windows and doors.

We are specialized in the following:
Aluminium Doors and Windows
Aluminium Profiles
Curtain Wall
Balcony Railing & Stair Railing

Here is my request:
I would like to send you a brochure, a product catalogue and price details
Please send me your windows and doors information ( or project) ,if you need our products
Best regards

--
Meggie .Y Sales Manager
Galuminium Group Co,.Ltd
Address : No 55 Qingyun Road ,Jianggao Baiyun Dist.,GZ,China
Mobile: +86-13726893743
Email: gzgaluminium@163.com
Web: www.gzga.com.cn
Na2day!
Re: Reality Building Of A 4 Bedroom Bungalow by mixratio(m): 2:11pm On Jun 02, 2015
OGA SPYDER...I REALLY NEED YOUR ADVICE. I hv been working in the construction industry(highway/road) for some years now. My problem is that highway companies are mainly dependent on govnt and u know how things run in that circle if your connection is not 4g. I want to diversify into building and thats where i need your help. With all humility,i think am not a novice,technical-wise. Where i need the bulk of your help is the business aspect of building. How do u negotiate with ur artisans? do they charge u daily? things like that. ..thanks in anticipation..keep up d good work.UP SPYDER

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat. / Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu / "Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.