Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:02 AM

Fashola Calls For Increased Vigilance - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Calls For Increased Vigilance (4679 Views)

Fashola Calls For A Change In House Rent Collection System In Nigeria / Fashola Calls For Competent Public Servants / Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Calls For Increased Vigilance by VoodooDoll(m): 11:33am On Dec 29, 2011
Re: Fashola Calls For Increased Vigilance by OAM4J: 3:36pm On Dec 29, 2011
A good call from a proactive and good leader. Not like a call from someone telling us we have to live with the burden of bomb explosions.

Eko o ni baje!
Re: Fashola Calls For Increased Vigilance by Kx: 3:38pm On Dec 29, 2011
After the Lekki toll issue, does the public still give ear to what fashola says?
Re: Fashola Calls For Increased Vigilance by ayusman16(m): 3:40pm On Dec 29, 2011
Kx:

After the Lekki toll issue, does the public still give ear to what fashola says?

I tire o. Students are still unable to raise their LASU school fees
Re: Fashola Calls For Increased Vigilance by Ayoolu12: 3:42pm On Dec 29, 2011
This here is what you call a leader. Not that lobotomized ape in aso rock angry. (pardon my language, i'm still furious at him).
Re: Fashola Calls For Increased Vigilance by segunjowo(m): 3:42pm On Dec 29, 2011
I am watching my back, shocked
Re: Fashola Calls For Increased Vigilance by babaowo: 3:44pm On Dec 29, 2011
@kx   if you can't pay toll gate relocate to your state of origin.
Re: Fashola Calls For Increased Vigilance by EkoIle1: 3:45pm On Dec 29, 2011
Kx:

You mean lekki is the beginning and the end of Lagos state? Lagos is more than Lekki in case you don't know.

What's security and protection of Lagosians including you and your family got to do with some toll road?

You people just can not see above your noses.
Re: Fashola Calls For Increased Vigilance by Kx: 3:49pm On Dec 29, 2011
babaowo:

@kx   if you can't pay toll gate relocate to your state of origin.
Eko Ile:

You people just can not see above your noses.
Wait a minute, are u saying I need to see above my nose or be able to pay the toll to ask a simple question in NL?
Re: Fashola Calls For Increased Vigilance by EkoIle1: 4:01pm On Dec 29, 2011
Kx:

Wait a minute, are u saying I need to see above my nose or be able to pay the toll to ask a simple question in NL?

You can ask question on NL till tomorrow if you like, but this is about security and the lives of Lagosians. Many have lost their lives across the country and the least we can do is do whatever in our capacities to be vigilant as stated by the governor.

If you don't feel like listening to the governor and protect yourself and your family because of your lekki issues, then that's on you, not on the rest of Lagos.
Re: Fashola Calls For Increased Vigilance by Goshen360(m): 4:06pm On Dec 29, 2011
I feel the spirit: IF YOU SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING. But the government must also put rapid response in place for effective and efficient action against terrorism/terrorists.
Re: Fashola Calls For Increased Vigilance by VoodooDoll(m): 4:18pm On Dec 29, 2011
Everybody be vigilant and watchful, let the enemies of progress not wreak havoc on us all.

Lagos is not "no man's land", but is home to a multitude of Nigerians. Many of whom in reality have known no other home.
Re: Fashola Calls For Increased Vigilance by tit(f): 4:26pm On Dec 29, 2011
fashola wants to breakup nigeria!
why is he pointing fingers at boko haram
when boko haram is not interested in lagos.
moreover, some of the bomb blasts have been proven to be the handiwork of shady characters.

i wonder if the puppet is pulling some strings.
Re: Fashola Calls For Increased Vigilance by iykak47: 4:39pm On Dec 29, 2011
babaowo:

@kx if you can't pay toll gate relocate to your state of origin.
Yes indegenes of Epe, Aja, Ibeju lekki who are not ready to pay
should relocate to Kafanchan in Kaduna state.
Are you now happy?
Re: Fashola Calls For Increased Vigilance by Pharoh: 5:11pm On Dec 29, 2011
OAM4J:

A good call from a proactive and good leader. Not like a call from someone telling us we have to live with the burden of bomb explosions.

Eko o ni baje!

I am sure you would have criticized the president if he was the one that gave the same exact speech like fashola. He is even actually talking about lagos and not really about the Christmas bombing so i don't see why people are hailing him. If you want to hear what a good leader should say at this time then please you all need to read the speech given by governor aregbesola of osun or ogun state. That is the kind of speech we need from real leaders, being vigilant is not enough. Let us wait until the bombs starts flying Lagos which i do not pray for then we will all know that it is more than being vigilant or passing information.
Re: Fashola Calls For Increased Vigilance by Baawaa(m): 5:41pm On Dec 29, 2011
When the time come,no amount of security, REVOLUTION!!
Re: Fashola Calls For Increased Vigilance by Exponental(m): 5:45pm On Dec 29, 2011
tit:

fashola wants to breakup nigeria!
why is he pointing fingers at boko haram
when boko haram is not interested in lagos.
moreover, some of the bomb blasts have been proven to be the handiwork of shady characters.

i wonder if the puppet is pulling some strings.

can u pls tell us d states dat got a warning prior 2 d attacks in their states.
A good govt is proactive @ any tym t
Re: Fashola Calls For Increased Vigilance by EkoIle1: 5:55pm On Dec 29, 2011
Pharoh:

I am sure you would have criticized the president if he was the one that gave the same exact speech like fashola. He is even actually talking about lagos and not really about the Christmas bombing so i don't see why people are hailing him. If you want to hear what a good leader should say at this time then please you all need to read the speech given by governor aregbesola of osun or ogun state. That is the kind of speech we need from real leaders, being vigilant is not enough. Let us wait until the bombs starts flying Lagos which i do not pray for then we will all know that it is more than being vigilant or passing information.

1. Fashola and GEJ are 2 different people with different responsibilities and records.

2. Fashola's Primary responsibility is the people of Lagos state while GEJ's is the people of Nigeria and so far, GEJ is failing across the board.

3. We are in this thread talking about Fashola and his security message because this is what the OP posted and we don't know anything about Aregbe's speech.

Why not do the same thing the OP did by posting Aregbe's speech for us to listen to and hail equally?

This is just an affair criticism.
Re: Fashola Calls For Increased Vigilance by tlops(m): 6:00pm On Dec 29, 2011
a good call, but they need to back it up as the CSO of lagos! no aboki looking chap around!
Re: Fashola Calls For Increased Vigilance by dayokanu(m): 6:06pm On Dec 29, 2011
Good talk Fashola
Re: Fashola Calls For Increased Vigilance by Maximip(m): 6:11pm On Dec 29, 2011
Fashola is the perfect president for 2015. I bet if they attack lagos, like two states in the north will be wiped out.  grin
Re: Fashola Calls For Increased Vigilance by Actionleap: 6:14pm On Dec 29, 2011
I am not comfortable with those trailer trucks bringing in cows into Lagos. BH may be among those boys hanging on the trucks and nobody is watching.
Re: Fashola Calls For Increased Vigilance by EkoIle1: 6:23pm On Dec 29, 2011
Actionleap:

I am not comfortable with those trailer trucks bringing in cows into Lagos. BH may be among those boys hanging on the trucks and nobody is watching.

This is why we need state police.
Re: Fashola Calls For Increased Vigilance by GboyegaD(m): 7:05pm On Dec 29, 2011
Good talk but is he not as guilty as Jonathan with the increment in LASU's school fees or what does he think would become of the majority that may have to drop out of school or some parents that may get more corrupt to enable them raise the new tuition fees for thier wards? Whilst there is a need to watch, there is also a need to ensure that situations do not get so bad to make people get into worse things than they do at the moment.
Re: Fashola Calls For Increased Vigilance by dasparrow: 7:26pm On Dec 29, 2011
Good call
Re: Fashola Calls For Increased Vigilance by Reference(m): 7:33pm On Dec 29, 2011
Eko Ile:

Exactly. How can you ultimately guarantee the instruments of which you don't absolutely control. Everyone knows that to handle this kind of insurgency you need boots on the ground. A cop on every street corner accessible in a whisper not the enemies of the people holed up in stations or harrasing the people they are meant to protect behind useless check points.

The present security set up cannot defeat BH. It is the lack of knowlege and practice that leads to the application of more brawn, collateral damage and escalation of the situation. Good intel and quality local policing helped the French governments defeat the OAS in the sixties. It has helped the British and Spanish government contain and subdue the IRA and ETA respectively. The lack of local law enforcement enabled Osama escape Tora Bora and into Pakistan though the CIA tracked him. The quality of intel and local assets presented Obama another opportunity which he took.

We need radical reforms in our policing and internal security to be able to handle this one.
Re: Fashola Calls For Increased Vigilance by Reference(m): 7:36pm On Dec 29, 2011
Eko Ile:

Exactly. How can you ultimately guarantee the instruments of which you don't absolutely control. Everyone knows that to handle this kind of insurgency you need boots on the ground. A cop on every street corner accessible in a whisper not the enemies of the people holed up in stations or harrasing the people they are meant to protect behind useless check points.

The present security set up cannot defeat BH. It is the lack of knowlege and practice that leads to the application of more brawn, collateral damage and escalation of the situation. Good intel and quality local policing helped the French governments defeat the OAS in the sixties. It has helped the British and Spanish government contain and subdue the IRA and ETA respectively. The lack of local law enforcement enabled Osama escape Tora Bora and into Pakistan though the CIA tracked him. The quality of intel and local assets presented Obama another opportunity which he took.

We need radical reforms in our policing and internal security to be able to handle this one.
Re: Fashola Calls For Increased Vigilance by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:56pm On Dec 29, 2011
Hmmmn. I have no problems with BRF saying the painfully obvious. Lagos has always been known for its odd air of false sense of security. everything looks fine and dandy until an area-boy or robber turns on you right in front of an armed Police or heavily armed Police Station - na there your own finish.

I hear Lagos State has instituted a Security Fund and all well-meaning Lagosians are urged to contribute their own mite to improve security in Lagos State. no problems there either, however I would like to see how BRF's Government plans to utilize these funds for Security matters. I still remember the CCTV issue and a friend was robbed an eye-shot from Government house in plain view of a CCTV camera. I have my doubts and it is 6yrs after CCTV. crime is definitely on the increase - If only Lagos will furnish us with crime statistics so we know how/when/where to be vigilant. saying to be Vigilant for mouth is just friendly advise - some Lagosians live in real dread of Estate-Robbers, Drive-by Robbers, Highway Robbers, Okada-Robbers, Bank-Robbers, One-Chance,Kidnappers etc. we know how bad FG sucks at curbing crime - it is no excuse for the State to also follow suite.
Re: Fashola Calls For Increased Vigilance by EkoIle1: 8:07pm On Dec 29, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

Hmmmn. I have no problems with BRF saying the painfully obvious. Lagos has always been known for its odd air of false sense of security. everything looks fine and dandy until an area-boy or robber turns on you right in front of an armed Police or heavily armed Police Station - na there your own finish.

I hear Lagos State has instituted a Security Fund and all well-meaning Lagosians are urged to contribute their own mite to improve security in Lagos State. no problems there either, however I would like to see how BRF's Government plans to utilize these funds for Security matters. I still remember the CCTV issue and a friend was robbed an eye-shot from Government house in plain view of a CCTV camera. I have my doubts and it is 6yrs after CCTV. crime is definitely on the increase - If only Lagos will furnish us with crime statistics so we know how/when/where to be vigilant. saying to be Vigilant for mouth is just friendly advise - some Lagosians live in real dread of Estate-Robbers, Drive-by Robbers, Highway Robbers, Okada-Robbers, Bank-Robbers, One-Chance,Kidnappers etc. we know how bad FG sucks at curbing crime - it is no excuse for the State to also follow suite.

So you can not be vigilante against terrorists threats until the Governor produce to you crime statistics? Statistics on what really? Boko Haram?

Where is the sense and wisdom in this sorry post?
Re: Fashola Calls For Increased Vigilance by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:14pm On Dec 29, 2011
Eko Ile:

So you can not be vigilante against terrorists threats until the Governor produce to you crime statistics? Statistics on what really? Boko Haram?
Where is the sense and wisdom in this sorry post?

Oh Mr. Eko. everyman is vigilant - unless you have been oblivious to wanton crimes in Lagos State. obviously you pick what you want to bash to discount everything else. but who else is surprised by this lipsrsealed Be Vigilant, okay So what is the State's responsibility and how are they fairing thus far. You are spending money on Security for your tax-paying citizens but you cannot measure the impact nor show anything in terms of performance. Wait - let me guess what comes next? "What has PDP done abi?" grin grin grin
Re: Fashola Calls For Increased Vigilance by otokx(m): 8:14pm On Dec 29, 2011
so it is now every man for himself?
Re: Fashola Calls For Increased Vigilance by EkoIle1: 8:16pm On Dec 29, 2011
otokx:

so it is now every man for himself?

So telling you to be vigilant and report suspicious activities to the police now means everyman for himself?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dumb And Criminal Actions Of GEJ / Muslims Converting To Christianity After ISIS Atrocities / Why Nigeria Is Better Than American

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.