Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,505 members, 7,781,539 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:34 PM

Interested In Co-moderating This Section? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Interested In Co-moderating This Section? (3692 Views)

Don't You Think This Section Is Developing A Notoriety For Intolerance? / Happy New year To The Muslim Brothers&sisters In This Section / Is This Section A Secular Muslim Forum Or An Islamic Muslim Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interested In Co-moderating This Section? by mukina2: 5:41pm On Dec 29, 2011
Hello There,

Are you interested in co-moderating this section?

You must be an active member of this section of the forum.
Passion for this section as in Do you post here?
Spending enough time online every day to keep the section clean.
Knows, respects and Enforces The Rules of Nairaland.
ready to work with the other co-mods.
Someone who is consistent and if for any reason(s) they will not be available will let us know or makes necessary arrangements to keep the board going.

If you are interested please say so on this thread.

Thanks
Mukina
Re: Interested In Co-moderating This Section? by IbroSaunks(m): 7:10pm On Dec 29, 2011
I woulda loved to, but it'll be selfish of me considering there are people far far far more capable and deserving of the moderator job than i am, smiley
Re: Interested In Co-moderating This Section? by deols(f): 7:12pm On Dec 29, 2011
would av loved to But time time and time. . I no fit. Ibro, take it jor
Re: Interested In Co-moderating This Section? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Dec 29, 2011
I am interested.

May be this might make me become a muslim. (after all thats all what most people here wants)
Re: Interested In Co-moderating This Section? by olawalebabs(m): 9:26pm On Dec 29, 2011
Toba, the section reads 'islam for muslims' technically, you are out. Will like to nominate 2 active member for the job. Tbaba and Araboy anyone of them will do a nice job.
Re: Interested In Co-moderating This Section? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Dec 29, 2011
olawalebab:

Toba, the section reads 'islam for muslims' technically, you are out. Will like to nominate 2 active member for the job. Tbaba and Araboy anyone of them will do a nice job.
permit me to laugh in Malay.

manmustwac who's a mod in a 'Religion' section despite being an atheist is also technically unfit cos atheism isnt a religion.

Its like saying only doctor should moderate the health section or Jarus/OMA4J are politicians before moderating the politics section.

go sidon before i tell boko haram to seize that ya china fone grin
Re: Interested In Co-moderating This Section? by olawalebabs(m): 3:08am On Dec 30, 2011
Thanks Toba, but have you taking time to read the little caption under the heading. ", even the moderators are muslim". Whatelse do you have to say?
Re: Interested In Co-moderating This Section? by Nobody: 5:34am On Dec 30, 2011
olawalebab:

Thanks Toba, but have you taking time to read the little caption under the heading. ", even the moderators are muslim". Whatelse do you have to say?
good boy. i was expecting this response. I see u are new here and wouldnt probably know the event that led to Seun creating a child board for' islam for muslims'

I wouldnt want to go there. Just ask from pple what seun went through before forcefully yielding to the request.

Now things has changed hence many pple can now post here without our posts being deleted or unjustly treated. same way atheists that dont even believe in God can air their hatred for God here and on the main board without being banned.

Alot of u guys need to wake up to reality that things has changed
Re: Interested In Co-moderating This Section? by olawalebabs(m): 6:20am On Dec 30, 2011
Toba, it's not how far but how well. What led to this section being created I know it all(tomode koba ba itan) so that is not new to me. No problem if you still have interest in co mod, only that you'll need to have a little knowledge of the Deen. So that you judgement will not be directed by emotions. Let's see how it play out
Re: Interested In Co-moderating This Section? by Mustay(m): 6:59am On Dec 30, 2011
Mustay. I'm disappointed into what this section has turned into. It sure needs some cleansing.

In summary, e don turn from hate to division within.
Re: Interested In Co-moderating This Section? by LagosShia: 4:13pm On Jan 01, 2012
it would be a pleasure!
Re: Interested In Co-moderating This Section? by deols(f): 9:47pm On Jan 01, 2012
I wldnt want LagosShia as d mod considering the controversies surrounding his posts. I think maclatunji would do really well. but, he claims to be busy.I go for IbroSaunks or Olawalebabs
Re: Interested In Co-moderating This Section? by LagosShia: 1:04pm On Jan 02, 2012
deols:

I wldnt want LagosShia as d mod considering the controversies surrounding his posts. I think maclatunji would do really well. but, he claims to be busy.I go for IbroSaunks or Olawalebabs

i thought moderating the forum has to do with cleaning the mess and insults non-muslims like aloy and frosbel post here.

but anyways,thanks for the compliment.the truth is bitter and stings like a thorn.you either swallow it or you spit it.either way you will bleed from it.
Re: Interested In Co-moderating This Section? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jan 02, 2012
LagosShia:

i thought moderating the forum has to do with cleaning the mess and insults non-muslims like aloy and frosbel post here.

but anyways,thanks for the compliment.the truth is bitter and stings like a thorn.you either swallow it or you spit it.either way you will bleed from it.
nah the xters emphasized shows the reason why your islamic super mod and seun osewa forum owner must be careful in selecting an unbiased mod to support Jarus.

your post shows u guys need to be orientated about the job of a moderator. Its like saying if i (toba) becomes a mod, i'll ensure atheists and muslims like Lagosshia, sweetnecta, mazaje, Evilbrain that posts poo about christianity and God would have their posts cleansed. it only shows ignorance to what the work of a mod entails.

Tolerance must be learnt. If anyone of u becomes a mod and i choose to start a topic about your prophet/islam and u opted to delete same, then trouble with start and such one might loose hs/hr position for allowing emotions to take the better of hs/hr reasoning.

U are to moderate in an unbias manner and be ready to tolerate BS provided it doesnt go against the forum rules
Re: Interested In Co-moderating This Section? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jan 02, 2012
Oh no.
Mustay:

Mustay. I'm disappointed into what this section has turned into. It sure needs some cleansing.

In summary, e don turn from hate to division within.
and then a confirmation of the division
deols:

@ emphasized xters once again.

The division amongst u guys could be dangerous for this section. hence a very undivided minded person may be selected to moderate or better still allow Jarus continue.

Muhsin could have been perfect but he isnt that active anylonger. Ibro too sound a bit reasonable but maturity might be the missing link in him.

pple like deols, maclatunji, sweetnecta, Lagosshia are no go area cos they'll destroy this section
Re: Interested In Co-moderating This Section? by Araboy(m): 7:01pm On Jan 02, 2012
I trust Mukina choice but what we need is someone progressive to determine what is and is not acceptable what constitute

a spam abuse or duplication someone with fair amount of Islamic knowledge and  has the ability to tell when the discussion is

a legitimate concern or just noise

I don't think people like lagosshia deals and sweetnecta are up to that task due to their rigid views and lack of understanding
Re: Interested In Co-moderating This Section? by Mustay(m): 8:16pm On Jan 02, 2012
If toba is/was aware/know I used to moderate this section when it emerged, then you'll understand my post.
Re: Interested In Co-moderating This Section? by maclatunji: 9:46pm On Jan 02, 2012
deols:

Awww, but it is true I am busy not just claiming it. I am sure Mukina2 can understand. Maybe, someday when things change a little in my life, I may moderate here.
Re: Interested In Co-moderating This Section? by zayhal(f): 12:06am On Jan 04, 2012
I think maclatunji is a very good candidate. He's level-headed and 'moderate'.
Re: Interested In Co-moderating This Section? by maclatunji: 7:31am On Jan 04, 2012
Geez, it is happening here as well. Mukina2, please can you tell me what you expect of a mod and the powers that he would have to do the job. Please, send it as a mail.

Zayhal, thank you for the kind words.
Re: Interested In Co-moderating This Section? by BetaThings: 3:17am On Jan 17, 2012
The description of the section is
"A forum for Muslims to share their faith. Muslims only please, even the moderators are Muslims"

So if we don't mean that we should not put it there

A suitable moderator is one who will enforce the rule - keep non-muslims posts out of this place
I believe christians and atheists have their own play field and they can say whatever they like over there
A muslim should not moderate a section and allow posts that denigrate Allah and His Messenger (PBUH)
Re: Interested In Co-moderating This Section? by deols(f): 7:09pm On Jan 18, 2012
@ mukina,

I beg, who is d co-mod. we need that fast. As BetaThings said, it needs to get back to what it sets to achieve. A board for Muslims and moderated by
muslims to keep anti-muslim posts away. Anyone not satisfied with that is aware of many other options.
Re: Interested In Co-moderating This Section? by mukina2: 11:07pm On Jan 18, 2012
Even forgot about this thread embarassed

maclatunji:

Geez, it is happening here as well. Mukina2, please can you tell me what you expect of a mod and the powers that he would have to do the job. Please, send it as a mail.

Zayhal, thank you for the kind words.

aight will do.
Re: Interested In Co-moderating This Section? by deols(f): 5:18am On Jan 19, 2012
y u forget us so grin angry
Re: Interested In Co-moderating This Section? by mukina2: 5:20am On Jan 19, 2012
embarassed wink
Re: Interested In Co-moderating This Section? by chakula: 2:37pm On Jan 20, 2012
BetaThings:

"A forum for Muslims to share their faith. Muslims only please, even the moderators are Muslims"

A suitable moderator is one who will enforce the rule - keep non-muslims posts out of this place
I believe christians and atheists have their own play field and they can say whatever they like over there
A muslim should not moderate a section and allow posts that denigrate Allah and His Messenger (PBUH)

My thought exactly, but I can see the case is different you witnesses all sort of rubbish posted here but nobody will care to take action on it until someone has lodge a complaint on the thread created purposely for that however I don’t know if Jarus has a lot on politics section to treat as a moderator but it will take like a complete day or more than before attending to the complaint. I will be very happy if this section will be strictly moderated wishing you all the best friends.
Re: Interested In Co-moderating This Section? by maclatunji: 3:05pm On Jan 20, 2012
BetaThings:

chakula:

My thought exactly, but I can see the case is different you witnesses all sort of rubbish posted here but nobody will care to take action on it until someone has lodge a complaint on the thread created purposely for that however I don’t know if Jarus has a lot on politics section to treat as a moderator but it will take like a complete day or more than before attending to the complaint. I will be very happy if this section will be strictly moderated wishing you all the best friends.

Please can you clarify, what would happen to a non-Muslim who genuinely wants to learn about Islam from Muslims in this section if we were to enforce this rule strictly. It has happened before, is probably happening now and will in all likelihood happen in the future?

Thank you!
Re: Interested In Co-moderating This Section? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jan 20, 2012
chakula:

what utter hypocrisy mr. chakula. You, babs787, olabowale and others were just as happy forcing us to witness your "rubbish" posted on the other board for non-muslims directed especially at christians. LagosShia is there at present creating 100 threads/minute and there is NOT ONE scintilla of complaint from you?

You want your own "strictly moderated" section but still want the power to go insult the religions of others? My dear you cant have it both ways. The mods have already bowed to your death threats once.
Re: Interested In Co-moderating This Section? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jan 20, 2012
BetaThings:

If you needed one more example of the intolerant nature of the average muslim then here you go.
the world over it is the same thing being played out - non-muslims forbidden from going to Mecca/Medina while muslims can build gargantuan mosques in Jerusalem, NY and Rome.
Jews forbidden from Gaza and Jordan while muslims cry "apartheid" should they be prevented from travelling to Tel Aviv . . .
non-muslims forbidden from posting here while LagosShia can post 200 threads/second on the the christian section . . .

lol yeah tell be about islam and "peace" again. I heard death threats again forced Salman Rushdie from travelling to his home country of India today. Allah sef.
Re: Interested In Co-moderating This Section? by BetaThings: 9:30pm On Jan 20, 2012
maclatunji:

Please can you clarify, what would happen to a non-Muslim who genuinely wants to learn about Islam from Muslims in this section if we were to enforce this rule strictly. It has happened before, is probably happening now and will in all likelihood happen in the future?

Thank you!

Salaam
That is easy to deal with
(1) when muslims are discussing sincerely with the fear of Allah to genuinely educate themselves, anybody (muslims and non-muslims alike) benefit from that thread
(2) A non-muslim can ask questions and we can provide answers. It is easy to know when people are genuinely seeking enlightenment rather than asking questions to denigrate Islam.
I once saw a thread where Jarus (?) was educating a lady (Ify?) on Islam. It was clear that the lady was sincere. Some interlopers tried to derail the discussion and the moderator promptly and RIGHTLY deleted their posts.
This is how moderation should be done - anything out of the line and it goes to the trash bin
Personally, I can NEVER moderate a thread where a human being will denigrate Allah and His Messenger (PBUH) and I will allow that post to stand. In addition, until the person apologises, he/she will never post in that section again

Of course some people may point out that muslims go to atheists or christian sections to attack them. If this is true I will enjoin our brothers/sisters to desist. My reasons are these
(1) It will be hypocritical for us to keep out some attacks here and now do similar things in other sections
(2) We can educate on the position of Islam better here. I am more concerned about keeping Muslims in the know than seeking to disabuse people's minds (already hardened) of their negative propaganda against Islam
(3) but if we must counter others, we must rebut arguments without insult; no name calling please.
(4) However we can even read the false notions about Islam at some other sections and come over here to open threads to properly educate people on those misconceptions
(5) Above all, as Muslims, we should remember that it is a grievous sin to abuse any Prophet. We should not attacck or any personality that christians and any other religious group hold in esteem. We cannot abuse the pope, for intance

And Allaah knows best
Re: Interested In Co-moderating This Section? by maclatunji: 11:00pm On Jan 20, 2012
^It was Lagosboy that was educating Ify. Not trying to denigrate Jarus but just getting the records straight. Your response shows that it is not as simple as ABC but you have expressed opinions that are not far from mine on the matter.
Re: Interested In Co-moderating This Section? by BetaThings: 7:31am On Jan 21, 2012
^
So what is your opinion on this matter
BTW moderation is largely a post mortem activity, taking effect after posting and so does not need to predict what a person will post  
I was not sure of the parties involved. That was why I put question marks after the names anyway. I cannot see how anyone can take offence for your clarification. Thanks for it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Muslim: How Is It Possible For Jesus To Live As A Human Being In Heaven? / Is It Better To Recite Qur’aan From Memory Or To Read From The Mus-haf? / Last Ten Days Of Ramadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.