Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:05 AM

Travelling To Sa (advice Needed ) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Sa (advice Needed ) (2542 Views)

The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Travelling To Sa (advice Needed ) by Benita1(f): 10:48pm On Dec 29, 2011
Hello guys

I Need your help please.  I want to visit my Boyfriend in south and i have not travelled from this country before so it will be my 1st time.

Where do i start from?

What doccuments do i need to aquire?

How do i go about it?

Re: Travelling To Sa (advice Needed ) by Benita1(f): 6:17am On Dec 30, 2011
thanks
Re: Travelling To Sa (advice Needed ) by chelseabmw(m): 10:47am On Dec 30, 2011
answers needed. . . what are the cost?
Re: Travelling To Sa (advice Needed ) by SirP1: 12:09pm On Dec 30, 2011
A passport or travel document valid for no less than 30 days after the expiry of your intended visit
Your passport must have at least one unused page for entry / departure endorsements
A completed Form BI-84 (application for a visa)
Payment of the prescribed fee
A yellow-fever vaccination certificate (if required)
Statement and/or documentation confirming the purpose and duration of your visit
Two colour passport photographs
A return or onward ticket if you are travelling by air
If you have children (minors) travelling with you or joining in South Africa, you will need to provide the following additional documents

Proof of guardianship or custody or
Consent from the guardian in the case of an unaccompanied minor
Proof of financial means to pay for your living expenses while in South Africa in the form of:

Bank statements for 6 months (Please note that all applicants must only submit an original bank statement with an official stamp and a signature by the bank official. Further all Bank statements that read as BANK PHB will not be accepted by the South African High Commission. All other Bank statements including Keystone Bank would be accepted.)
Salary advances
Undertakings by the host(s) in South Africa
Bursary
Medical cover or
Cash available (including credit cards and travellers’ cheques)

Requirements for entering South Africa

You will need the following if you wish to visit South Africa:

A valid and acceptable passport or travel document for your intended stay
At least one blank page in your passport for endorsements
A valid visa, if required
Sufficient funds to pay for your day-to-day expenses during your stay
A return or onward ticket
Yellow fever certificates if your journey starts or entails passing through the yellow fever belt of Africa or South America.
Re: Travelling To Sa (advice Needed ) by Benita1(f): 3:15pm On Dec 30, 2011
chelseabmw:

answers needed. . . what are the cost?
Thanks sir i really need to know the cost.

Sir P!:

A passport or travel document valid for no less than 30 days after the expiry of your intended visit
Your passport must have at least one unused page for entry / departure endorsements
A completed Form BI-84 (application for a visa)
Payment of the prescribed fee
A yellow-fever vaccination certificate (if required)
Statement and/or documentation confirming the purpose and duration of your visit
Two colour passport photographs
A return or onward ticket if you are travelling by air
If you have children (minors) travelling with you or joining in South Africa, you will need to provide the following additional documents

Proof of guardianship or custody or
Consent from the guardian in the case of an unaccompanied minor
Proof of financial means to pay for your living expenses while in South Africa in the form of:

Bank statements for 6 months (Please note that all applicants must only submit an original bank statement with an official stamp and a signature by the bank official. Further all Bank statements that read as BANK PHB will not be accepted by the South African High Commission. All other Bank statements including Keystone Bank would be accepted.)
Salary advances
Undertakings by the host(s) in South Africa
Bursary
Medical cover or
Cash available (including credit cards and travellers’ cheques)

Requirements for entering South Africa

You will need the following if you wish to visit South Africa:

A valid and acceptable passport or travel document for your intended stay
At least one blank page in your passport for endorsements
A valid visa, if required
Sufficient funds to pay for your day-to-day expenses during your stay
A return or onward ticket
Yellow fever certificates if your journey starts or entails passing through the yellow fever belt of Africa or South America.
Thanks alot Sir-P

I appreciate your post.

But please whatsoever the cost of obtaining a passport?

How long will it take?
Re: Travelling To Sa (advice Needed ) by SirP1: 9:34pm On Dec 30, 2011
Do you mean a Passport or a visa. If its a passport it shouldn't take more than 2days to get and its about 20000naira
Re: Travelling To Sa (advice Needed ) by ibboywale: 2:42pm On Jan 02, 2012
@benita .sir p has done you good by deailling all you need to go about your visit to south africa you can arange your documents in tat form okay
Re: Travelling To Sa (advice Needed ) by tayoTFC(m): 11:06am On Jan 24, 2012
@ poster, u can do it yourself once u have all the following document, never patronise an agent cos it easy and cheap if u have require document,
i international passport
2. regular income/salary
3. 3 month payslip
4. atleast 400k in ur bank account
5. bank statement , sign and stamp by the issuing bank.
6. yellow card ( u can get this 1k at Eti osa LG Ikoyi, opposite the same SA.application collection/ submission centre)
7. leave letter from ur employer
8. marriage certificate(if any) copy of wedding photo
9.hotel and airline confirmation document( u can book hotel online via www.booking.com) and use SA Airline for ticket booking it free.
10.CAC certificate of incorporation of ur employer (photocopy) attached to the letter of introduction from ur employer
11 2 passport photo
12.make avaliable photocopy all the above document including ur passport datapage,yellocard 3 each.
BEST OF LUCK
REGARDS, for free information or free booking for the purpose of SA visa call 08055265025, for free assistant

NEVER USE AGENT FOR VISA PURPOSE, beware of fake document that can cause u problem in the future,
Re: Travelling To Sa (advice Needed ) by shithapuns: 1:35pm On Jan 26, 2012
good points.pls how long does it take n what is the cost of visa?
Re: Travelling To Sa (advice Needed ) by Akaraiwe(m): 3:33pm On Apr 01, 2012

(1) (Reply)

The Conman Got 7 Years In Jail After 16 Years Of Immigration Scam / How Can I Get To Ogba From Iyana Ipaja / Mother Loses Appeal In Custody Case, Ontario Court Sends Her 3 Kids To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.