Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,686 members, 7,801,977 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:21 AM

What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? (9811 Views)

Qualities Of A Gentleman (Most Ladies View) / Ladies, What Is Your Description Of A Gentleman / Nigerian Guy & A White Woman's Nikkai Wedding (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? by Parisgoodman(m): 2:34pm On Dec 30, 2011
I was so dumb when a girl i was trying to outsmart asked me this question. she was like, what kinda person are you? And i replied: a ''Gentleman'' she asked again, what do i think makes me a gentleman? And i replie thus: BEING A GENTLEMAN IS A MATTER OF SELF-IMAGE, though evryone have his/her own view, let it be known.
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Dec 30, 2011
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? by 25omega(m): 3:23pm On Dec 30, 2011
Gentleman : A man of gentle or noble birth or superior social position or
Gentleman: A well-mannered and considerate man with high standards of proper behavior
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? by Abayomin70(m): 6:19pm On Dec 30, 2011
Behavior
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? by kokoye(m): 6:19pm On Dec 30, 2011
depends on the observer. This is relative.
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? by Parisgoodman(m): 6:21pm On Dec 30, 2011
25omega:

Gentleman : A well-mannered and considerate man with high standards of proper behavior
I'll agree with this.
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Dec 30, 2011
In Nigeria it is better to be a gentleman at the office place, home front, with friends and colleagues. But note, if you want to win a Nigerian girl over, gentlemanly acts will only make you look weak, timid and inferior. Start being a gentleman to her only after she has agreed to date you and you have "done the do".

No say I no warn you oh.

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? by MuNeme(m): 6:26pm On Dec 30, 2011
A gentleman is a man who is gentle!
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? by IbroSaunks(m): 6:27pm On Dec 30, 2011
a man with "gentlemanly" behaviour!!
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? by slex(m): 6:29pm On Dec 30, 2011
a gentle man is a man who is gentle grin grin grin
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? by Goshen360(m): 6:29pm On Dec 30, 2011
a man with good characters
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? by terrifikjo(m): 6:32pm On Dec 30, 2011
I was quietly hoping a lady will pop in with an answer, ladies tell us what ya think. Personally
25omega:

Gentleman: A well-mannered and considerate man with high standards of proper behavior
I go with THIS!
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? by Parisgoodman(m): 6:41pm On Dec 30, 2011
terrifikjo:

I was quietly hoping a lady will pop in with an answer, ladies tell us what ya think.
Nahhh, they won't pop in since the topic didnt read something like: Nigerian girlz are too lazy or blah blah blah. Good for them anyway!

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? by stagger: 6:48pm On Dec 30, 2011
Why in the world should I be bothered about a woman's definition of what a "gentleman" is?

Because last I checked, women usually get out of control when they are with a "gentleman"!

My kind of person; I show lots of love and tenderness on one hand, and have a leash (which needs to be pulled once in a while) on the other. Keeps things sane, balanced and in place!
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? by blackboi(m): 6:50pm On Dec 30, 2011
A gentleman is one who is sedate and god-fearing. Maybe a little more bashful but brave
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? by stillme(m): 6:53pm On Dec 30, 2011
A gentle man is God fearing man. A man that can control his tongue and have self-discipline like me.
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? by dadicvila(m): 7:26pm On Dec 30, 2011
For Nigerian girls a gentleman is a guy they can insult left right and centre or even slap and he keeps mute lyk an Ode, na so 1 wan take me play for my fb page today,i show her shege

*singing*, i no be gentleman at all oOO grin grin
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? by Strongfaze(m): 7:37pm On Dec 30, 2011
A gentleman is one whose public image is acceptable to the majority and by virtue of his reputation is upright.
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? by PwityGelax: 7:40pm On Dec 30, 2011
A gentleman is one who treats a lady/woman right n stl shows the riches of his masculinity
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? by claremont(m): 7:54pm On Dec 30, 2011
The meaning of that word is relative; personally, I consider it as one of those terms which have no single well-defined meaning. It is culturally relative.
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? by Kobojunkie: 7:55pm On Dec 30, 2011
kokoye:

depends on the observer. This is relative.

Relative to what? There is nothing relative about the definition of a gentleman, or what is it to be a gentleman. That is why, real gentlemen are easily identified, no matter what group they are found in. A gentleman from the hood is a gentleman even when cleaned up and dressed in the finest of wares, else he was never one to begin with.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? by tellwisdom: 8:15pm On Dec 30, 2011
I was so dumb when a girl i was trying to outsmart asked me this question. she was like, what kinda person are you? And i replied: a ''Gentleman'' she asked again, what do i think makes me a gentleman? And i replie thus: BEING A GENTLEMAN IS A MATTER OF SELF-IMAGE, though evryone have his/her own view, let it be known.

Bruhaahahhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaa grin grin grin grin

Re: What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? by Mr9ndhalf: 8:29pm On Dec 30, 2011
a man who is firm, gentle yet firm, He knws wat he wants nd will get it in a [seemingly?] gentle manner, extremely confident yet shows it subtly, he earns the respect of others nt jst men but the ladies as well, Extremely approachable yet in a class of his own, grin
Strongfaze:

A gentleman is one whose public image is acceptable to the majority and by virtue of his reputation is upright.
wrong, "gentlemanliness" is nt necessarily concerned with a clean reputation but rather mannerisms esp. in social settings, Thus the acceptable public image, He musnt necessarily be a gud person, [feel free 2 correct me undecided]

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? by slimyem: 9:29pm On Dec 30, 2011
relative but i'd say its one whose societal ,personal values and judgement are morally upright.
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Dec 30, 2011
For girls being a gentleman means spending upto 200k and not asking for puzzy
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? by Kslib(m): 10:03pm On Dec 30, 2011
The question here is"what makes a guy a gentleman?For me,i'll say his BEHAVIOUR. shikena!
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Dec 30, 2011
when he's gentle while f*ucking
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? by xynerise: 10:09pm On Dec 30, 2011
A gentleman doesnt talk too much.
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Dec 30, 2011
A gentleman is a man who recognizes his strength and weaknesses. He understands himself and treats others the way he wants to be treated - GOOD. He is not perfect mind you - but he is upstanding. He shows respect to ALL indiscriminately but is no nonsense. He is not about playing games or using people because he is an "up front guy". Humble, caring and true to himself - all from the HEART. That's a gentlemen.  cool
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Dec 30, 2011
with i first babe I dey form gentle man, i no wa rush things just dey take things step by step. until the day wey d chic confront me come tell me sey if u wan chop ds thing i go carry go give another guy ooh!! Na then i come no sey for naija babe first colonize the land before u begin form gentle man if not them go turn to to mugu! Who get ear make e hear ooh!!!!
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Dec 30, 2011
THERE IS NO GENTLEMAN. A gentleman is someone whose social ills have not been discovered. Now tell me, who doesn't have a social ill? We all have social ills, so there's no gentleman.
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Dec 30, 2011
^^

btw nice username. tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Lady Ask A Guy To Sleep With Her Outside The House because she's drunk (video) / Wtf This girls boobs is unbelievable / The World's Sexiest Man For All Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.