Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,804 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

FG Set For Mass Recruitment Into Security Agencies - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Set For Mass Recruitment Into Security Agencies (9674 Views)

Security Agencies Foil Attempt to Free Boko Haram Detainees In Lokoja / INEC Officials Arrested For Mass Thumb Printing In Imo State / Lagos To Introduce Cable Cars For Mass Transportation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Set For Mass Recruitment Into Security Agencies by gbogboti: 5:38pm On Dec 30, 2011
JUST HEARD HIS ON CHANNELSTV LIVE. Good or Bad News? What’s your takes fellow NAIRALANDERS?
Re: FG Set For Mass Recruitment Into Security Agencies by Rhino5dm: 6:02pm On Dec 30, 2011
This is a bold step in the right direction. The last time i checked, we have about 400 thousand police personel, 100-200 thousand military and para military, which is grossly inadequate to combat and secure 168 million Nigerians.

They should equally lay emphasis in equiping the force with modern security gadgets,
constant training and re-training and, improve their salaries/allowances.
Re: FG Set For Mass Recruitment Into Security Agencies by Kobojunkie: 6:45pm On Dec 30, 2011
Mass recruitment into Security Agencies? Really? Really?? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: FG Set For Mass Recruitment Into Security Agencies by koruji(m): 6:50pm On Dec 30, 2011
GEJ never disappoints with his simplistic solutions. Increase the size of the corrupt & incompetent police without any iota of reforms to its structure, processes, function and administration - that should teach BH!!!!

Kobojunkie:

Mass recruitment into Security Agencies? Really? Really?? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: FG Set For Mass Recruitment Into Security Agencies by DisGuy: 6:51pm On Dec 30, 2011
Hope this is not in response to the bombings cause i dont see that working, training police officer is not a 12month process

It will be daft if thats the case as they will end up employing boko harams who will have free access to more ammunitions- sleepers cells will just crop up

out of the 400k police we have , about 100k are guarding people like that dame jonathan, ex-commissioners, and some chief in the village
Re: FG Set For Mass Recruitment Into Security Agencies by Beaf: 6:52pm On Dec 30, 2011
koruji:

GEJ never disappoints with his simplistic solutions. Increase the size of the corrupt & incompetent police without any iota of reforms to its structure, processes, function and administration - that should teach BH!!!!

Do you yet know the details of his plans or are you just gossipping and rumour mongering as usual with mama Bisi?
Re: FG Set For Mass Recruitment Into Security Agencies by koruji(m): 6:55pm On Dec 30, 2011
Ok, my bad. Let's wait and see.

Gossipping and rumour mongering with Baba Musi is for Beaf & his cohorts.

Beaf:

Do you yet know the details of his plans or are you just gossipping and rumour mongering as usual with mama Bisi?
Re: FG Set For Mass Recruitment Into Security Agencies by Horus(m): 7:00pm On Dec 30, 2011
Mass Recruitment Into Security Agencies

Even Boko Haram members can apply if they do a "Mass" Recruitment; is it safe?.
Re: FG Set For Mass Recruitment Into Security Agencies by Rhino5dm: 7:04pm On Dec 30, 2011
The bolded got me cracking. lol
That was not far from the truth, as the last massive recruitment OBJ did gave opportunity to harden criminals with multiple cases of theft, murder and arm robbery to have access to guns and badge.

I can tell of a legandary thief known as Harrison who took that advantage. So, serious background checks from a reputable orgnisation should solve that.

Dis Guy:

Hope this is not in response to the bombings cause i dont see that working, training police officer is not a 12month process

It will be daft if thats the case as they will end up employing boko harams who will have free access to more ammunitions- sleepers cells will just crop up

out of the 400k police we have , about 100k are guarding people like that dame jonathan, ex-commissioners, and some chief in the village
Re: FG Set For Mass Recruitment Into Security Agencies by efisher(m): 7:16pm On Dec 30, 2011
As long as we don't recruit boko ram members along with them!
Re: FG Set For Mass Recruitment Into Security Agencies by juman(m): 2:34pm On Dec 31, 2011
nigeria = waste of time.

Security challenges is our development in the country.

No to one nigeria
Re: FG Set For Mass Recruitment Into Security Agencies by Donbrig: 2:35pm On Dec 31, 2011
It is a very good idea, like in civilised nations where 3 out of every 5 citizen is a corp or informant. This will really help us, no doubt, but there must be a proper structure on ground in recruiting these security agents, so that we wont be putting our security in the hands of those responsible for the whole insecurity in the country.
Re: FG Set For Mass Recruitment Into Security Agencies by Yinkay: 2:37pm On Dec 31, 2011
If true minimum qualification should be HND/BSC/NCE, no more Police that one will be forced to speak pidgin english to so that he will not feel inferior or accuse you of knowing book!!
Re: FG Set For Mass Recruitment Into Security Agencies by Nobody: 2:38pm On Dec 31, 2011
If the intelligence level remains the same. I see this as mass murder. Mordern warfare is not won just by numbers but sophistication of intelligence. If the FG can identify the operation of Bokoharam, their leaders, their financiers and their commanders. Then  the FG can determine if more policemen are needed. But as it stands it seems the FG is playing politics with our collective security. At least some Nigerians would say the FG is trying. typical nigerian mentality smiley
Re: FG Set For Mass Recruitment Into Security Agencies by juman(m): 2:39pm On Dec 31, 2011
Does the nation has the money for Mass Recruitment on the long term basis?
Re: FG Set For Mass Recruitment Into Security Agencies by olajide8(m): 2:43pm On Dec 31, 2011
I guess someone is listening to us on this forum and that's why I always advocate that we proffer solutions I made mention the other day about 1man manning 1-2km of our borders see employment generation next I think the best thing to do would be to post civilians lawyers specifically those from the ministry of justice and they should be rotated every 6months, to police stations to act as federal judicial represntatives the impact it would increased job creation better representation of issues and a reduction in corruption these people should have the power to recommend termination of police officers for collecting bribe, drinking and smoking whether on or off duty and misbehaviour, when people are arrested they should be given the right to talk to these people first. These people should in turn report to the attorney general of the states and the AGF. Should I say more give me Nigeria and within 6months things would change
Re: FG Set For Mass Recruitment Into Security Agencies by Kushite: 2:46pm On Dec 31, 2011
Informant Galore. this is the only way to stop those dope heads (bokoharam). Recruit and train (brainwash) them into being selfless and patriotic, but must pay them well so they will not accept bribe just to meet up with their financial obligation which is the main issue with the NPF.  Good move if they (FG) can pull it off
Re: FG Set For Mass Recruitment Into Security Agencies by olajide8(m): 2:51pm On Dec 31, 2011
This singular act will place justice where it is supposed to be and people would be able to report cases to the police through these people then equality and equity would be the next line of action to tow please let us start to help this clueless government solve our own issues mind you I would also want them to look at this defend or otherwise disagree and give us their own calculations knowlegde they say is power and we are all learned and would be able to reason along strong and objective lines

@Beaf where are you
This is very important since they are now reading Nairaland:-

One barrel of Crude oil = 42gallons or
159 litres

2) Our Refineries (i.e 4) Installed
(combined) capacity  = 445,000
barrels per day

3) Actual refineries capacity due to
ageing equipment = 30% i.e. 133,500
barrels per day
4) . 133,500 barrels = 21.2 million litres

5) Local required consumption (F.O.S) =
12millions litres

6) It means that even our MORIBOND
refineries can actually meet our local
consumption need of petroleum.

7) The cost structure of crude oil (i.e.
Qua Iboe Crude Oil) production per barrel;
- Findings / development - $3.5
- Production cost              - $1.5
- Refining Cost                 - $12.6
- Pipeline/transportation  - $1.5
- Distr/bridging fund Margin -$15.69

cool True cost of one litre of petroleum
anywhere in Nigeria;
- Total sum cost per barrel = $34.8
- 1ltr cost = $34.8/159 litres = $0.219
- Naira equiv. 0.219xN160= N35.02k
- Add Tax N5 + N35.02 = N40.02

9) Let FGN refute the above composition
and if not, they should tell us how
they came about N65/litre.

10) Locally refined products cannot be
sold at International price.

11) We really do not need FGN SUBSIDY
as there was NONE in the first place.

12) What is LACKING, is the WILL to
enforce LAW ON CORRUPTION.

Pls re-broadcast until it gets to the right quarters for their response
Re: FG Set For Mass Recruitment Into Security Agencies by Nobody: 3:17pm On Dec 31, 2011
good on paper, but when the head is rotten - we can triple the number of police,SSS etal, but until those agencies are something more than extortionists/govt bullies, i don't see any change except in the number of oppressors .
Re: FG Set For Mass Recruitment Into Security Agencies by dumodust(m): 3:31pm On Dec 31, 2011
Mass recruitment?loooool cheesy the usual Nigerian response. They will 'mass recruit' illiterates, rapists, street touts, village cronies, MEND and even gboko haram. Foolish move since we already have so many agencies doing the same things that are not working, a move by a country ruled by morons, next thread pls!
Re: FG Set For Mass Recruitment Into Security Agencies by olajide8(m): 3:39pm On Dec 31, 2011
oyb:

good on paper, but when the head is rotten - we can triple the number of police,SSS etal, but until those agencies are something more than extortionists/govt bullies, i don't see any change except in the number of oppressors  .
oyb:

good on paper, but when the head is rotten - we can triple the number of police,SSS etal, but until those agencies are something more than extortionists/govt bullies, i don't see any change except in the number of oppressors  .

Well I don't think the size of the police force would be increased because this is an internal security matter I think I will affect the ministry of interior more civl defence, prison services and the establishment of the border control agencies another parastal for monitoring the borders since we don't have aerial or satellite view of everything "well my guess for them but my expectation as that is what I would have done as president.
Re: FG Set For Mass Recruitment Into Security Agencies by Kolababa: 3:47pm On Dec 31, 2011
If they use quota system not merit to recruit them. Definitely, Boko Haram will have its slot in the recruitment.
Re: FG Set For Mass Recruitment Into Security Agencies by OLASODE2K: 3:49pm On Dec 31, 2011
early this year, ringim raised an alarm that about one third of nigeria's 320,000 policemen were ghost workers. ever since, not a single person is in jail for such a massive fraud. worse, GEJ found no reason to butt him out of service for playing on nigerians' intelligence. the truth is that, i didnt expect him to do so. if such man remains as IG it is only a matter of time b4 boko haram might plant a bomb in aso rock itself. the police force even at 320,000 is grossly inadequate to even man the north alone. however, right technolögy can effectively and efficiently complement hundreds of policemen to be able to have the capacity and capability of one million policemen. if the police invest heavily in providing CCTV, drones, patrol helicopters, quick response swat teams and motion detection technology, boko haram wont last a year longer. all these technology are expensive but would greatly offset even the decision to employ poorly trained and poorly equipped policemen.
Re: FG Set For Mass Recruitment Into Security Agencies by marvel10: 3:57pm On Dec 31, 2011
Okay, so now that BH want to torch Abuja and Ikoyi, they want to mass recruit? Goodluck! With the flawed processes in just about everything, this is one organisation I hope succeeds. I will NEVER leave my safety in their hands. Bugger! Another desk at the Airports,
Re: FG Set For Mass Recruitment Into Security Agencies by Nobody: 4:00pm On Dec 31, 2011
olajide_07:

Well I don't think the size of the police force would be increased because this is an internal security matter I think I will affect the ministry of interior more civl defence, prison services and the establishment of the border control agencies another parastal for monitoring the borders since we don't have aerial or satellite view of everything "well my guess for them but my expectation as that is what I would have done as president.

still the same issue

police, soldiers, kai , sss, manowar lastma

95% of them are nothing more than government thugs/bullies whose core directive is shaking down civilians

i remember a fellow who happened to be toasting some chick an sss guy was also toasting. next thing was threats of imprisonment etal. the guy jejely comot hand

until there is a fundamental change in the psyche etal of our security agencies, we will simply be increasing the number of govt bullies
Re: FG Set For Mass Recruitment Into Security Agencies by OLASODE2K: 4:13pm On Dec 31, 2011
the army is in a worse shape. everyone saw how they were being constantly been licked in clashes with niger delta militants. during obj administration, an american cömpany carried out an audit and discovered that about 75% of the meagre military weapons have broken down beyönd repairs. if these army is better trained and equipped with a lot of armoured cars, gunships, support aircraft and drones, boko haram becomes a sitting duck. however, motivation one thing our leaders always overlook because of corruption. how do we expect soldiers to wholeheartedly fäce boko haram when only about 40% of their colleagues who died in active service since 2003 have the army authourity has handed over their benefits to their next of kins. what a way to motivate to lay down their life, if necessary, in the pursuit of boko haram.
Re: FG Set For Mass Recruitment Into Security Agencies by marvel10: 4:16pm On Dec 31, 2011
It is amazing how short our memories are. Only a few ago, a whole ship went missing from Lagos under the watchful eye of the Navy and other security agencies as the ship itself was a subject in the media and courts. I wondered then why Tinubu's administration did not pilot a CCTV system, given the high level of crime then. There is only so much Fashola can and should do because the issue is with continuity.
I support Fashola for a state police because by the time we are 'ripe' for one as GEJ feels, we may only have a population of 10. I am afraid the every man for himself approach may be necessary.
Re: FG Set For Mass Recruitment Into Security Agencies by escobar07(m): 4:22pm On Dec 31, 2011
its okay.just make sure you dont recruit those very troublemakers
Re: FG Set For Mass Recruitment Into Security Agencies by Nobody: 4:52pm On Dec 31, 2011
There must be a massive clear out of the top echelons of the security organisations if this recruitment is to have any effective meaning.
Mass recruitment into the present corrupt structure of these security agencies can not achieve anything and will only be an exercise in futility.
It will only end up as a continuation of corruption.
Re: FG Set For Mass Recruitment Into Security Agencies by Nobody: 5:14pm On Dec 31, 2011
Its long overdue. But sentiments apart, only educated Nigerians (not arabic blacks) should be recruited and we need 5million well-kitted policemen. Financing should not be a problem. Take away eh security votes from the State gov(thief)ernors and use the billions to equip and feed and uniform and kit our "Police Farce Force !
Re: FG Set For Mass Recruitment Into Security Agencies by LEXYLOV: 5:33pm On Dec 31, 2011
Shows that Nigeria has no enough military force to combat BH. Hum na wa ooooooooo. embarassed But please watch out for BOKO applications oooo because mass recruitment means mass enrollment am sure bokos are also prepare to get more recruits to their bomber team lipsrsealed
Re: FG Set For Mass Recruitment Into Security Agencies by goodjack(m): 5:34pm On Dec 31, 2011
Yeah, it will reduce unemployment and as well help some people to get jobs. So let the party begin. Hope Bok Haram will not carry out mass recruitment of their own.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Did Buhari Jail Lateef Jankande, Adekunle Ajasin And Ayo Ajewumi? / 2019: Agbakoba, Olawepo-hashim, Others Team Up To Wrest Power From Buhari / Anselm Ergabe: Labour Party Is Harmonizing Memberships And Online Presence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.