Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,140 members, 7,807,458 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:47 PM

Oba: I’m Ready To Drop My Ear Rings For Keshi! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Oba: I’m Ready To Drop My Ear Rings For Keshi! (1417 Views)

Brazil 2014: No Guarantee For Keshi Yet - NFF / Suggest A Squad For Keshi Against Ethiopia / National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Oba: I’m Ready To Drop My Ear Rings For Keshi! by Relax101(m): 5:42pm On Dec 30, 2011
FOOTBALL:

Super Eagles striker Obafemi Martins has told Complete Sports that he is ready to remove his diamond earrings to play for the Super Eagles under Stephen Keshi.

Keshi has placed a ban on the use of earrings among players of the national team and the Rubin Kazan forward insists that he has no problem with the new rule under the former Mali and Togo coach.

"I have no problem with that," began the former Newcastle forward. “I just want to get back my chance and prove to him that I still have that goal scoring touch.

"He's experienced and I think the team will do far better in the New Year."

The former Wolfsburg striker, who paid a courtesy visit to the SOS village in Isolo yesterday to donate cash and food items, further stressed that it has been his dream to lend a helping hand to the less privileged.

Martins who took time out to play with the kids at the SOS village scored the only goal of the friendly encounter played at the football pitch.

He told Complete Sports after the game that he was so fulfilled watching the 'privileged kids’ show enthusiasm during the game and he also promised to help any outstanding player actualize his dream in the round lethal game.

"I will be willing to help anyone who shows exception in the game, but I must warn them football is not easy; they must be prepared to go the extra mile to become stars," Martins said.

He also debunked media rumors linking him back to the English premiership and Russian power house Anzhi Makhachkala when the transfer window re-opens January 1.

He said: "I have one and a half years left on my contract and that's all I know. I don't know anything about that and to add to that the manager at the moment doesn't want to release me."

He also expressed his desire to score for the team in their clash against Rwanda whom he has scored three goals against in the past.

He said: “I’ve played against Rwanda in the past, and I know how tough they could be. I gathered that we will be playing on a synthetic pitch but I'm not bothered about that. I'm desperate to get back and help the team soar higher again because we all have roles to play in the rebirth of our senior national team.”

BY JOHNNY EDWARD

http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/news/2011/12/oba-im-ready-to-drop-my-ear-rings-for-keshi

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Chris Okotie Adds 2014 Rolls Royce Model To His Fleet Of Cars / Onazi's Outside Shot Must Stop!!! / Bizarre Brazil Fan Films Himself FARTING On Neymar’s Girlfriend Bruna Marquezine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.