Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,462 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:19 PM

Ajanlekoko- I Need You - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Ajanlekoko- I Need You (3431 Views)

I Urgently Need You Guys Help!!!!! / Urgent! I Need You Guys Help / Please, I Need You Guys To Help Me With Nnpc Aptitude Test Format Or Past Questn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ajanlekoko- I Need You by Jasiel(f): 11:33pm On Dec 30, 2011
Hiya; sorry if I alarmed you but this is an issue I want u and others to help me out with; I'm writing my final year project on the impact of VAT on the nigerian Economy and I'm having a bit of trouble. First, I have materials but they're not enough. Secondly, in the research papers I have, none of the authors ran a regression analysis which is what I intend to do. I'm actually looking for figures for vat revenues from 1986 till 2010. Everything I see is from 2003, its too short a timeline for the computer programme. Thirdly , some people suggested I go to the federal ministry of finance which I'm all for but the catch there is that the ministry is in abuja and I'm in Lagos . I don't know if they have an office in lagos, if they did I would run thereā€¦ I was also meaning to ask you, in a topic I posted some months earlier, u told me u studied electrical engineering! Did u by any chance teach mechanical engineering @ Lautech - ogbomosho? I heard an ex student talk about a lecturer named ajanlekoko and I wondered if u and he were the same. Cheers
Re: Ajanlekoko- I Need You by nitrogen(m): 9:57am On Dec 31, 2011
Halo,sorry for intruding, a frnd of mine too is having that prob, cant get the data he needs for his project, the same project topic wit yours. God will u na o.

By the way, there is a lecturer(even HOD) in lautech having the name 'ajenikoko' which is diff 4rm 'ajanlekoko',he is in EEE dept,he was my lecturer in my 2nd year in uni.
Re: Ajanlekoko- I Need You by yamakuza: 10:55am On Dec 31, 2011
nitrogen:

Halo,sorry for intruding, a frnd of mine too is having that prob, cant get the data he needs for his project, the same project topic wit yours. God will u na o.

By the way, there is a lecturer(even HOD) in lautech having the name 'ajenikoko' which is diff 4rm 'ajanlekoko',he is in EEE dept,he was my lecturer in my 2nd year in uni.

1. So, apart from suffering from paucity of data in this country, logistics is also a problem?

What is the guarantee that the said data is available in the said place, and that they will freely give it out at this time of the year, without red tape?

Abuja to&fro is 6k+5k for hotel abi?

2. How difficult is it to connect with a friend, relative or Nairalander in Abuja or Uniabuja and get them to stroll down there in this age of BB and Facebook? Lets leave Google out.

3. Hopefully, AJ will come back from Tahrir on time to attend to this before due date.
Re: Ajanlekoko- I Need You by Jasiel(f): 11:17am On Dec 31, 2011
Eeeehhhhnnnn! So Ajanlekoko is in Finland ! No wonder ! He would have replied asap. U guys I don tire. It would look very unserious if I went back to my supervisor for a topic change. Besides, I feel like despite all odds, something can be done.
Re: Ajanlekoko- I Need You by Jasiel(f): 11:23am On Dec 31, 2011
Nitrogen, this ur friend, what school is he in? What is he studying? I think I want to get to know him. Thanks u guys for replying.
Re: Ajanlekoko- I Need You by yamakuza: 12:28pm On Dec 31, 2011
Jasiel:

Eeeehhhhnnnn! So Ajanlekoko is in Finland ! No wonder ! He would have replied asap. U guys I don tire. It would look very unserious if I went back to my supervisor for a topic change. Besides, I feel like despite all odds, something can be done.

what if he was in the country? What would he do that you cant do?

Abuja isnt that far na, esp since your BSc depends on it.

What if it was Zamfara? If they post you to Borno nko?

I'm sure that there are Economic Intelligence firms in Lagos that can source that for you.

As per regression, there must be mathematical "work arounds" in situations like this, just that your supervisor might not approve of such methods.
Re: Ajanlekoko- I Need You by Jasiel(f): 12:44pm On Dec 31, 2011
Exactly! The guy is bent on a regression Analysis
Re: Ajanlekoko- I Need You by yamakuza: 1:09pm On Dec 31, 2011
I meant a mathematical work around to regressing 25 year data from 7 year data using correlation and extrapolation techniques.

Unconventional but possible, i daresay.
Re: Ajanlekoko- I Need You by Jasiel(f): 1:17pm On Dec 31, 2011
Then u'll have to shed more light cos I have no idea what you're talking about .
Re: Ajanlekoko- I Need You by chamber2(m): 1:38pm On Dec 31, 2011
It's surprising you are still on this lipsrsealed

I once suggested you go to ministry of finance, any ministry of finance will suffice. They may have those publications in their shelves. Just go to Lagos office of the ministry of finance.

Also, there was this book i used in my yr two; The Structure of the Nigerian Economy by Prof. Anyanwu. Check your library or bookshop for it. I am not sure, but i think you might find something like that there.

Another way is to explain the difficult in getting the data to your supervisor. He will be in a better position to advise you.
Re: Ajanlekoko- I Need You by yamakuza: 1:45pm On Dec 31, 2011
Its a technique/algorithm used in Data Recovery or Image Processing, where you have parts of the information/puzzle and are required to construct the whole.

Lots of materials on Google but basically, u'd find 2, 3 or more other sets with 25 year data and find their relationship to the set in question and use the correlation to extrapolate the missing years and then run ur regression.

I would however focus on the certain 7 years in discussing my findings.

A trip to Abuja might save you all this stress and knowing Nigerian lecturers, you are better off sourcing your hard data.
Re: Ajanlekoko- I Need You by Jasiel(f): 1:51pm On Dec 31, 2011
@ chamber
Thanks but apparently u didn't see my earlier posts about the ministry of finance . That textbook you're talking about is kinda outdated. I did structure of the Nigerian economy in year 3 and our lecturers weren't keen on the book. In any case, I don't recall seeing vat revenues in there. Actually, I don't know where the ministry is in lagos. If I did I would go there asap. Concerning my supervisor, u have no idea what he's like. Students generally work according to what their supervisor wants and this guy wants an MRA done. Since ASUU is on strike, there's no hope of reaching him anyway
Re: Ajanlekoko- I Need You by nitrogen(m): 5:25pm On Dec 31, 2011
Jasiel:

Nitrogen, this your friend, what school is he in? What is he studying? I think I want to get to know him. Thanks u guys for replying.
the same with mine(lautech),we finished 2geda this year,just that he's still on his project.
Re: Ajanlekoko- I Need You by nitrogen(m): 5:40pm On Dec 31, 2011
Nd the funny thing is u cant fabricate the figures cos he'l want to check YA source.

Anyways,i can help wit d regression aspect wen u have d data.
Re: Ajanlekoko- I Need You by Jasiel(f): 6:05pm On Dec 31, 2011
No problemo. There's no question about fabricating figures . My own supervisor demands to see materials for every chapter written
Re: Ajanlekoko- I Need You by nitrogen(m): 2:15pm On Jan 19, 2012
Re: Ajanlekoko- I Need You by Mustay(m): 12:33pm On Nov 24, 2012
Jasiel: Actually, I don't know where the ministry is in lagos. If I did I would go there asap.

For future references:

Federal Ministry of Finance Lagos Liaison Office

Ministry of Works Building, Glass House, former National Assembly Complex, Tafawa Balewa Square, RM.B. 12591, Lagos

Tel: (01) 6576627, 6638479

http://www.fmf.gov.ng/

There are liaison offices in each state - that's why it's a FEDERAL ministry! This is one thing that baffles me about our government agencies - minimal/no availability online. It needs to be continuously drummed into their 'ears' to change this attitude.

An e-mail too should do. If they don't respond or deny you your FOI, report to SERVICOM - na wetin OBJ set am up for be dat. tongue
Re: Ajanlekoko- I Need You by Jasiel(f): 4:04pm On Nov 24, 2012
Thanks but I wouldn't be needing them again. I've already graduated.
Re: Ajanlekoko- I Need You by Mustay(m): 4:26pm On Nov 24, 2012
I guessed as much. That's why I wrote "future reference" for those who may 'StumbleUpon' this topic.

(1) (Reply)

I Need Your Help Guys! I've Been Able To Save 150k After Hard Work. / Route To Working As A Doctor In The Uk For Nigerian Graduates / 'what Matters Most To You In Life And Why'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.