Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,556 members, 7,809,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:18 PM

Breaking News: GEJ Declares State of Emergency in selected LGAs in Borno, Yobe, Niger and Plateau. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: GEJ Declares State of Emergency in selected LGAs in Borno, Yobe, Niger and Plateau. (21813 Views)

Fayose Dares Buhari On State Of Emergency In Ekiti, Rivers, Says It Won't Work / APC Wins All The Rerun Elections In Kaduna,Niger, Nassarawa And Plateau States / Gov.Mimiko Leads In 12 LGAs In Gubernatorial Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: GEJ Declares State of Emergency in selected LGAs in Borno, Yobe, Niger and Plateau. by Jalal(m): 4:23pm On Dec 31, 2011
Lets see what he has to say.

Source: NTAnews 24
Re: Breaking News: GEJ Declares State of Emergency in selected LGAs in Borno, Yobe, Niger and Plateau. by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 31, 2011
State of emergency has been declared in some local governments in borno,yobe,Niger and plateau states.
Re: Breaking News: GEJ Declares State of Emergency in selected LGAs in Borno, Yobe, Niger and Plateau. by Demdem(m): 4:36pm On Dec 31, 2011
The retardeen is talking tough also. Closing some land borders or so. Interim though.
Re: Breaking News: GEJ Declares State of Emergency in selected LGAs in Borno, Yobe, Niger and Plateau. by Demdem(m): 4:38pm On Dec 31, 2011
The end.
Re: Breaking News: GEJ Declares State of Emergency in selected LGAs in Borno, Yobe, Niger and Plateau. by aljharem3: 4:38pm On Dec 31, 2011
Re: Breaking News: GEJ Declares State of Emergency in selected LGAs in Borno, Yobe, Niger and Plateau. by Nobody: 4:38pm On Dec 31, 2011
Na today ? He's good at making empty promises.
Demdem:

The retardeen is talking tough also. Closing some land borders or so. Interim though.
Re: Breaking News: GEJ Declares State of Emergency in selected LGAs in Borno, Yobe, Niger and Plateau. by DrKnow1(m): 4:39pm On Dec 31, 2011
Re: Breaking News: GEJ Declares State of Emergency in selected LGAs in Borno, Yobe, Niger and Plateau. by dayokanu(m): 4:41pm On Dec 31, 2011
Good one.

Hope its in the whole state.

One of the first good decisions by Retardeen
Re: Breaking News: GEJ Declares State of Emergency in selected LGAs in Borno, Yobe, Niger and Plateau. by Rhino5dm: 4:41pm On Dec 31, 2011
Good Job presido. How i wish you extend this to the entire states affected. One step at a time, i guess. Though late ,but better late than never.
Re: Breaking News: GEJ Declares State of Emergency in selected LGAs in Borno, Yobe, Niger and Plateau. by Demdem(m): 4:43pm On Dec 31, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Na today ? He's good at making empty promises.

So true. Let's just hope this one will be an exception. Abegii, this mess need to stop and fast.
Re: Breaking News: GEJ Declares State of Emergency in selected LGAs in Borno, Yobe, Niger and Plateau. by Demdem(m): 4:45pm On Dec 31, 2011
dayokanu:

Good one.

Hope its in the whole state.

One of the first good decisions by Retardeen

Not the whole states oooo. Just few LG areas.
Re: Breaking News: GEJ Declares State of Emergency in selected LGAs in Borno, Yobe, Niger and Plateau. by Rhino5dm: 4:46pm On Dec 31, 2011
Bravo presidente mia. I o sono felici, Oggi fiesta. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Breaking News: GEJ Declares State of Emergency in selected LGAs in Borno, Yobe, Niger and Plateau. by dayokanu(m): 4:49pm On Dec 31, 2011
Demdem:

Thats not good enough. I dont see why the whole Borno and Yobe state cant be placed on State of emergency

OBJ did it to Anambra, Ekiti and Plateau
Re: Breaking News: GEJ Declares State of Emergency in selected LGAs in Borno, Yobe, Niger and Plateau. by Nobody: 4:49pm On Dec 31, 2011
it shud hav bn d entire north!
Re: Breaking News: GEJ Declares State of Emergency in selected LGAs in Borno, Yobe, Niger and Plateau. by gaddafe(m): 4:50pm On Dec 31, 2011
The job is not so good oh! Why didn't he declare state of emergency in  the whole states affected. Why only some LG. I don't understand this, someone pls educate me. How is this a good job.
Re: Breaking News: GEJ Declares State of Emergency in selected LGAs in Borno, Yobe, Niger and Plateau. by Nobody: 4:50pm On Dec 31, 2011
why local govt? the whole states need to be locked down if this man is serious!!
Re: Breaking News: GEJ Declares State of Emergency in selected LGAs in Borno, Yobe, Niger and Plateau. by Rhino5dm: 4:50pm On Dec 31, 2011
. . .I think the message is well recieved, that time is changing very fast.
Though, i would like to see the Boko Haram supporters whom i believe are PDP hench men prosecuted, for a lasting solution to take effect.

Demdem:

Re: Breaking News: GEJ Declares State of Emergency in selected LGAs in Borno, Yobe, Niger and Plateau. by Nobody: 4:51pm On Dec 31, 2011
Boyloaf:

why do some people? anyways
Re: Breaking News: GEJ Declares State of Emergency in selected LGAs in Borno, Yobe, Niger and Plateau. by Nobody: 4:57pm On Dec 31, 2011
Boyloaf:

chai! you want civil war grin
Re: Breaking News: GEJ Declares State of Emergency in selected LGAs in Borno, Yobe, Niger and Plateau. by omniexprex: 4:57pm On Dec 31, 2011
you have to eat a hot soup  small small.
Re: Breaking News: GEJ Declares State of Emergency in selected LGAs in Borno, Yobe, Niger and Plateau. by Nobody: 4:59pm On Dec 31, 2011
DivideUs:

why local govt? the whole states need to be locked down if this man is serious!!
this isn't a conventional war or a civil war, this is a war on terrorists and criminals. not everyone in those affected states are terrorists.
gaddafe:

The job is not so good oh! Why didn't he declare state of emergency in  the whole states affected. Why only some LG. I don't understand this, someone pls educate me. How is this a good job.
because these are flash points.
Demdem:

let me get this straight, the president of your country is a retard, what does that make you?
Re: Breaking News: GEJ Declares State of Emergency in selected LGAs in Borno, Yobe, Niger and Plateau. by ebor(m): 5:00pm On Dec 31, 2011
it's a good move. The implication is that any community that condones terrorists will cease to enjoy democracy; the military will take over to flush out terror. It also put the democratic leaders in affected states on their toes coz if they fail in their responsibility to protect lives and property, they risk losing their offices to the Fed.Govt/military.
Re: Breaking News: GEJ Declares State of Emergency in selected LGAs in Borno, Yobe, Niger and Plateau. by Nobody: 5:00pm On Dec 31, 2011
Why local governments and not the whole state?
All the terrorists need to do is to move to the next local government area and continue their nefarious activities.
When will this man called Mr President stop playing politics with the life of Nigerian citizens and take decisive actions in the interest of the majority and not a select few political allies?
Re: Breaking News: GEJ Declares State of Emergency in selected LGAs in Borno, Yobe, Niger and Plateau. by gangar(m): 5:01pm On Dec 31, 2011
its not enough. it should been borno, yobe and plateau states
Re: Breaking News: GEJ Declares State of Emergency in selected LGAs in Borno, Yobe, Niger and Plateau. by dayokanu(m): 5:01pm On Dec 31, 2011
So would he now appoint military administrators for the affected Local Governments?

The whole state would have been better
Re: Breaking News: GEJ Declares State of Emergency in selected LGAs in Borno, Yobe, Niger and Plateau. by narttis1: 5:03pm On Dec 31, 2011
i think the whole country should be declared a state of emergency.
Re: Breaking News: GEJ Declares State of Emergency in selected LGAs in Borno, Yobe, Niger and Plateau. by doctokwus: 5:03pm On Dec 31, 2011
Selected local govts;what stops d bandits frm relocating to unmilitarised lgs & extending their terror there.I feel GEJ wanted to placate some people,but in this battle,u assume everyone is trying to undermine ur govt until proven otherwise.He shd av long declared d whole of plateau under emergency rule,followed wt d whole of d additional states he mentioned today.Hpe all calms down though,these terrorists av created a state of fear in d entire nation& fear stifles dvpt
Re: Breaking News: GEJ Declares State of Emergency in selected LGAs in Borno, Yobe, Niger and Plateau. by escobar07(m): 5:05pm On Dec 31, 2011
how wise is this decision. What if bh changes local govt. They have shown that they can strike anywhere. The president better be ready, because he is likely to declare more in d nearest future. I dont believe these people are actually that sophisticated, at least not like their counterpart in the maghreb, somalia, afghanistan. Intelligence gathering is the answer.
Re: Breaking News: GEJ Declares State of Emergency in selected LGAs in Borno, Yobe, Niger and Plateau. by Johnpaul2k2(m): 5:06pm On Dec 31, 2011
smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Breaking News: GEJ Declares State of Emergency in selected LGAs in Borno, Yobe, Niger and Plateau. by Nobody: 5:07pm On Dec 31, 2011
State of emergency in selected LGA's in some states rather than d entire states? Well, wats d guarantee dat dis retards wnt go to other LGA's and start bombing there? lets see hw it plays out. I wish n hope that this moves achives d intended results but i wld v prefered an outright state of emergency on the entire states affected. Guess, d governors of these states r mr presidents hypertech niggers thus their failure to police their states has bin rewarded by allowing them keep their jobs rather than them vacating their office for a military administrator to return sanity to these states for 6months as provided by d constitution but mr president in his own wisdom sholve dat section apart and did it his own way jst to make d incompetent governors of these states happy. Time will tell.
Re: Breaking News: GEJ Declares State of Emergency in selected LGAs in Borno, Yobe, Niger and Plateau. by Pharoh: 5:09pm On Dec 31, 2011
It could possibly be  a warning that if any state governor does not sit up tight concerning security issues then his state can be taken over by the federal Government.
Re: Breaking News: GEJ Declares State of Emergency in selected LGAs in Borno, Yobe, Niger and Plateau. by talktrue1(m): 5:10pm On Dec 31, 2011
It could have been better if the state of emergency is declared in the whole state of Borno because they will now relocate to another LG

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

El-rufai Visits Yakowa’s Hometown As He Declares Kaduna Guber Bid / Ibrahim Shekarau Welcomes Baby Girl. Photos / N-power Programme To Train 10m Nigerian Graduates By 2023, Says Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.