Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:20 PM

Truck Stops In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Truck Stops In Nigeria (5010 Views)

CBN Stops Sales Of Forex To Bureax-De-Change / GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking / Cashing Of Third-party Cheques Above N150,000 Stops Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Truck Stops In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:54pm On Dec 31, 2011
Happy new year fellow Nigerians. I was just watching a documentary on history channel "Modern Marvels: Truck Stops. I just can't help but wonder, why won't major oil companies in Nigeria build/develop truck stops on our major highways, like they do in America. The advantages are too many.

1. The oil company can build their own fuel station on the truck stop. therefore all the trucks will refuel there.

2. The private sector can be invited to build resturants and shops on the truck stop, thereby benefiting both the private sector and oil company. (nice shops, not the slum looking small shops that people build these days.

3. It will create a general boost to the overall Nigerian economy. And its one the sure ways of generating huge employement.
and many many more positive impacts.

4. There will be no more Huge trucks and tankers parking in the middle of the street. Accidents will be limited.

This is the way it is done in the U.S, and it doesn't need huge amount of money to do these things. Even the private sector can do this things. So my question is, why ain't we doing it here?

First picture is Iowa 80 Truck Stop. In Iowa, America. Second pic is the typical Truck parking condition in Nigeria. Just compare the two. I believe we can do more.

Re: Truck Stops In Nigeria by werepeLeri: 10:26pm On Dec 31, 2011
They build truck stops for them but they will never use it. Go everywhere on our major highways - they may not be up to the standard u have shown, but they exist, the drivers will never use them, preferring to block the highways with their trucks, causing havoc to themselves and road users.
Re: Truck Stops In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:31am On Jan 09, 2012
[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH6_i8zuffs&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/flash]

[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnig3LwEs3Y?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnig3LwEs3Y?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>[/flash]

(1) (Reply)

Investors Lose N370 Billion, Highest Dip In Five Months / Make 5-10k Daily Providing Transport Services From Your Phone / I Need 20 Tons, 30 Tons And 40 Tons Tipper Trucks For A Project Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.