Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,379 members, 7,808,348 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:42 AM

Muhammad Poisoned By A Jew, Why Must He Die Poisoned, After All He Is A Beloved - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muhammad Poisoned By A Jew, Why Must He Die Poisoned, After All He Is A Beloved (18713 Views)

Islamic Founder, Mohammad's Mother Was A Jew. Why Muslims Fighting Against Jews? / ABU TALIB - Beloved Uncle Of Muhammad( Mu'min Or Kafir?) / 12 Foods That Our Beloved Prophet Muhammad (saw) Liked & Th (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muhammad Poisoned By A Jew, Why Must He Die Poisoned, After All He Is A Beloved by LagosShia: 4:36pm On Jan 02, 2012
another Challenge for Plappville:

if the killing of a prophet makes him a false prophet,then you are calling both Jesus and John the Baptist false!

Jesus was crucified and according to the bible,someone crucified is cursed and that is why jews used to make sure the body is removed from the cross before sunset so that the land is not defiled:

Deuteronomy 21:23
His body shall not remain all night upon the tree, but thou shall in any wise bury him that day; (for he that is hanged is accursed of Godwink that thy land be not defiled, which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance.

and John the Baptist (as) was beheaded.so are you Plappville saying both were false?
Re: Muhammad Poisoned By A Jew, Why Must He Die Poisoned, After All He Is A Beloved by LagosShia: 4:44pm On Jan 02, 2012
below is an article by Muslim-Responses.com that refutes the article copied by Plappville from the anti-islamic website.

Muslim Responses:

[size=18pt]Rebuttal to Silas' Article

THE DEATH OF MUHAMMAD
[/size]
By Sami Zaatari

http://answering-islam.org/Silas/mo-death.htm

Missionary writer of Answering-Islam has written an article about the death of the prophet Muhammad, his article much like his other works fall in on itself, and I hope all the readers stay tuned till the end, when you shall see Silas refutes himself in his own article!

With that said we now proceed to Silas' article.

He Wrote

INTRODUCTION

Muhammad died in 632 A.D. He died as a result of being poisoned following his attack upon and conquest of the Jewish settlement of Khaibar. About 2 month before his attack on Khaibar Muhammad failed in an attempt to go to Mecca. This failure resulted in the Treaty of Hudaybiyya with the Meccans. He returned humiliated in the eyes of the Meccans and in the minds of his people. To lift their defeated spirit, Muhammad told his followers that the events at Hudaybiyya were really a victory. In fact, another convenient "revelation" was given to Muhammad as proof that it really was a victory (Sura 48:1). However, Allah was not able to deliver the Meccan's goods as booty, so Muhammad told his followers that they were going to attack and plunder the weaker Jewish settlement of Khaibar.

My Response
Silas' blunders start early on, something quite common. He claims the prophet received a convenient revelation during the bad time, however so, this convenient revelation proved to be a true message, and a message only God could have known at the time.

The treaty of Hudaybiyya did look like a loss for the Muslims, but however so, Allah plans best, and Allah told the prophet Muhammad it was a victory for him and the Muslims. And what a great victory, within 2 years the prophet Muhammad returned to Makkah, with 10,000 Muslim men, and took Makkah over with ease. The Quraysh gave up without a fight, and most of them accepted Islam. So Silas, would you care to comment on how this verse given to the prophet came to pass in just 2 years showing it was correct?

He Wrote
About 6 weeks later Muhammad led his army and attacked the Jews while they were on their way to work on their date palms. Khaibar was a settlement defended by a number of forts spread apart from each other. One by one Muhammad's army took the forts. Finally, the last few surrendered to him. Muhammad had several of the leaders of the Jewish settlement beheaded, one leader (Kinana) was tortured to reveal where buried treasure was hidden. Then when Kinana was near death, Muhammad commanded that he be beheaded. Many of the women and children were enslaved. Muhammad even took the most beautiful woman for himself and married her (Safiyah).

My Response
Silas commits several blunders; let us check these blunders out, starting with Kinana:

Many anti Islamics have used this incident of the torture of Kinana to attack the integrity of the Prophet. When I first read about it, I myself was quite shocked that the Prophet would torture some one just because of some treasure.

Indeed Islam teaches us that treatment of the prisoners of war is a must. For the evidence you can read

<http://www.islamonline.net/english/introducingislam/politics/System/article05.shtml>

<http://muslim-canada.org/pow.html>

<http://www.answering-christianity.com/prisoners_of_war.htm>

Now back to the Kinana issue. Actually the source of this story is invalid. Not because the source is weak, but because there is no source!

Having left Medina and settled at Khaibar, the Banu Nadir started hatching a wide-spread conspiracy against Islam. Their leaders, Sallam Ibn Abi-al Huqauaiq, Huyayy Ibn Akhtab, Kinana al-Rabi and others came to Mecca, met the Quraish and told them that Islam could be destroyed."

(Allama Shibli Nu'Mani, Sirat-Un-Nabi, volume II, p 106)

This goes to show that Kinana was a war criminal. Lets read on,

" While describing the battle of Khaibar, the history writers have committed a serious blunder in reporting a totally baseless report, which has become a common place. It is said that the Prophet ( Peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) had granted amnesty to the Jews on condition that they would not hide anything. When Kinana Ibn Rabi' refused to give any clue to the hidden treasures, the Prophet ( peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) ordered Zubair to adopt stern measures to force a disclosure. Zubair branded his chest with a hot flint again and again, till he was on the point of death. At last he ordered Kinana to be put to death and all the Jews were made slaves.

The whole truth in the story is that Kinana was put to death. But it was not for his refusal to give a clue to the hidden treasure. He was put to death because he had killed Mahmud Ibn Maslama (also Muslima). Tabari had reported it in unambiguous words: " Then the Holy Prophet (Peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) gave Kinana to Muhammad Ibn Maslama (Muslima), " and he put him to death in retaliation of the murder of his own brother, Mahmud Ibn Maslama (Muslima)."

In the rest of the report, both Tabari and Ibn Hisham have quoted it from Ibn Ishaq, but Ibn Ishaq does not name any narrator. Traditionalists, in books on Rijal, have explicitly stated that Ibn Ishaq used to borrow from the Jews stories concerning the battle of the Prophet (Peace and blessings of Allah be upon him). As Ibn Ishaq does not mention the name of any narrator whatsoever in this case, there is every likelihood of the story of having been passed on by the Jews.

That a man should be tortured with burns on his chest by the sparks of a flint is too heinous a deed for a Prophet (Peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) who had earned for himself the title of Rahma'lil Alamin (Mercy for all the worlds). After all, did he not let the woman who had sought to poison him go scot free? Who would expect such a soul to order human body to be so burnt for the sake of a few coins.

As a matter of fact, Kinana Ibn Rabi Ibn al-Huquaiq had been granted his life on the condition that he would never break faith or make false statements. He had also given his word, according to one of the reports, that if he did anything to the contrary, he could be put to death. Kinana played false, and the immunity granted to him was withdrawn. He killed Mahmud Ibn Maslama (Muslima) and had, therefore to suffer for it, as we have already stated on the authority of Tabari."

(Allama Shibli Nu'Mani, Sirat-Un-Nabi, volume II, p 173-174)

As we can see there is no evidence what so ever for this story of Kinana because there is no narration or source given. It was contrary to the teachings of the Quran and the Prophet's character. Therefore, Christians have to stop using this argument against the glorious Prophet Muhammad (PBUH).

(Bassam Zawadis article Rebuttal to Silas's Article "MUHAMMAD AND THE DEATH OF KINANA"wink

Now as to Saffiya:

Many anti Islamics attack the marriage of Prophet Muhammad to Safiyyah. They claim that the Prophet was brutal and unfair in marrying Safiyyah. This article is not for giving a biography of Safiyyah. This article's only purpose is to show that there was absolutely nothing wrong with the Prophet's marriage to Safiyyah. This article is only providing sources that may be beneficial for the Muslims. If any Muslim happens to come across any anti Islamic site which criticizes the Prophet's marriage to Safiyyah, then you should find the material in this article to be very useful. I have collected information from different sources and they have been all referenced appropriately. The article will be divided into sections:-

·        Safiyyah's Attitude Towards The Prophet

·        Safiyyah's Character

·        The Prophet's Marriage to Safiyyah and It's Wisdom

·        The Prophet's Attitude Towards Safiyyah

Safiyyah's Attitude Towards The Prophet

The Prophet acknowledged the honesty of Safiyyah and what a great acknowledgement it was as it came from the most honest person on earth. Zayd ibn Aslam said, "When the Prophet was so sick and on the verge of death his wives gathered around him. Safiyyah bint Huyayyay said, 'O Messenger of Allah, by Allah, I would like to be in your place.' Hearing her utterance, the Prophet's wives winked at her. The Prophet saw them and said, 'Rinse your mouths.' They said, 'For what, Messenger of Allah?' He said, 'For your winking at her, by Allah, she is telling the truth.'" (Ibn Sa'd, Tabaqat, vol. 8, p.101, Cited in Muhammad Fathi Mus'ad, The Wives of the Prophet Muhammad: Their Strives and Their Lives, p.175)

Just see how much Safiyyah loved the Prophet.

Here is Umm al- Mu'minin, Safiyyah, relates those moments when she hated the Prophet for killing her father and her ex-husband. The Prophet apologized to her saying, "Your father charged the Arabs against me and committed heinous act," he apologized to the extent that made Safiyyah get rid of her bitterness against the Prophet. (Al-Bayhaqi, Dala'il an-Nubuwwah, vol. 4, p. 230, Cited in Muhammad Fathi Mus'ad, The Wives of the Prophet Muhammad: Their Strives and Their Lives, p.166)

Yes, indeed Safiyyah was angry at the Prophet at first but she forgave him later on. This is mainly due to the fact that she always knew that Muhammad was indeed a Prophet.

Saffiyah says, "I was my father's and my uncle's favorite child. When the Messenger of Allah came to Madinah and stayed at Quba, my parents went to him at night and when they looked disconcerted and worn out. I received them cheerfully but to my surprise no one of them turned to me. They were so grieved that they did not feel my presence. I heard my uncle, Abu Yasir, saying to my father, 'Is it really him?' He said, 'Yes, by Allah'. My uncle said: 'Can you recognize him and confirm this?' He said, 'Yes'. My uncle said, 'How do you feel towards him?' He said, 'By Allah I shall be his enemy as long as I live.'" (Ibn Hisham, As-Sirah an-Nabawiyyah, vol. 2, pp. 257-258, Cited in Muhammad Fathi Mus'ad, The Wives of the Prophet Muhammad: Their Strives and Their Lives, p.162)

The story above illustrates Safiyyah's awareness and intelligence. It also shows that the Jews had known of the Prophet's prophethood, and knew him as well as they knew their children. Nevertheless they harbored feelings of hatred and bitterness for Islam and for the Prophet. The story in addition to this shows the great enmity and hatred that Huyayy felt against the Messenger of Allah. Safiyyah did not inherit anything from her father because Allah made her heart ready for Islam and prepared her soul for faith. (Muhammad Fathi Mus'ad, The Wives of the Prophet Muhammad: Their Strives and Their Lives, p.162-163)

More regarding the importance of this story, 

Taken from <http://www.geocities.com/mutmainaa1/people/safiyah.html>

The significance of this conversation is evident when we recall that in the Torah for the Jews, it was written that a Prophet would come who would lead those who followed him to victory. Indeed before the Prophet Muhammad came to Madinah, the Jews used to threaten the idol worshippers of Yathrib, as it was then called, that when the next Prophet came to the believers were going to exterminate them, just as the Jews had exterminated other tribes who refused to worship God in the past. As in any case, of the Prophet Jesus, who had been clearly described in the Torah - but rejected by many of the Jews when he actually came - the next and last Prophet was accurately described in the Torah, which also contained signs by which the Jews could easily recognize him. Thus Ka'b al-Ahbar, one of the Jews of that time who embraced Islam, relates that this Prophet is described in the Torah,

To know a little bit more about Kab Al Ahbar read this link

<http://www.jews-for-allah.org/Jewish-Converts-to-Islam/kab-al-ahbar.htm>

Back to the article,

It was was thanks to these descriptions in the Torah, that the most learned rabbi of the Jews, Abdullah ibn Salam, had embraced Islam on seeing Muhammad and it was because of these descriptions that Huyayy ibn Akhtab was also able to recognize him. Huyayy, like most of the other Jews, was deeply disappointed that the last Prophet was a descendant of Ismail and not Ishaq, since the Jews of that time claimed exclusive descent from Ishaq, through the twelve sons of his son Yaqub, from whom the twelve tribes of Israel had originated. Not only did Huyayy resent the fact that the last Prophet had appeared amongst the Arabs, but also he did nto want to lose his position of power and leadership over his people.

It was for these reasons that Huyayy secretly decided to oppose and fight the Prophet Muhammad while,

Although Safiyya was Huyayy's daughter, she had a pure heart and had always wanted to worship her creator and Lord, the One who had sent Musa, to whom she was related, and Isa, and finally Muhammad, may Allah be pleased with all of them. Thus as soon as the opportunity arose, not only to follow the last Prophet, but also to be married with him, she took it.

Safiyyah moved to the house of the Prophet. He loved, appreciated and honored her to the extent that he made her say, "I have never seen a good-natured person as the Messenger of Allah. (Abu Ya'la al-Mawsili, Musnad, vol. 13, p. 38, Cited in Muhammad Fathi Mus'ad, The Wives of the Prophet Muhammad: Their Strives and Their Lives, p.172)

Safiyyah's Character

Abd Allah ibn Ubaydah said, "A group of people gathered in the room of Safiyyah, a wife of the Prophet. They remembered Allah, recited the Qur'an and prostrated. Saffiyah called them saying, 'You prostrated and recited the Quran but where is your weeping (out of fearing Allah)?" (Abu Nu'aym al Asbahani, Hilyat al-Awliya', vol. 2, p. 55, Cited in Muhammad Fathi Mus'ad, The Wives of the Prophet Muhammad: Their Strives and Their Lives, p.177)

This shows how much of a sincere worshipper to God Safiyyah was.

Taken from <http://www.geocities.com/mutmainaa1/people/safiyah.html>

She still underwent difficulties after the death of the Prophet. Once a slavegirl she owned went to the Amir Al Muminin Umar and asked, "Amir al Muminin! Saiffya loves the Sabbath and maintains ties with the Jews!" Umar asked Safiyya about that and she said, "I have not loved the Sabbath since Allah replaced it with Friday for me, and I only maintain ties with those Jews to whom I am related by kinship." She asked her slavegirl what had possessed her to carries lie to Umar and the girl replied, "Shaitan!" Safiyya said, "Go, you are free."

This shows and proves that Safiyyah remained a loyal Muslim even after the Prophet's death.

Safiyyah established a warm and sympathetic relation with the Prophet's household. She presented Fatimah az-Zahra' a gift of jewels expressing her affection to her, and she also gave some of the Prophet's wives gifts from her jewels that she brought with her from Khaybar. (Ibn Sa'd, Tabaqat, vol.8, p.100, Cited in Muhammad Fathi Mus'ad, The Wives of the Prophet Muhammad: Their Strives and Their Lives, p.172)

Safiyyah was a humble worshiper and a pious believer. About her ibn Kathir said, "She was one of the best women in her worship, piousness, ascetism, devoutness, and charity. (Ibn Kathir, Al-Bidayah wa an-Nihayah, vol. 8, p. 47, Cited in Muhammad Fathi Mus'ad, The Wives of the Prophet Muhammad: Their Strives and Their Lives, p.177)

Safiyyah was a very charitable and generous woman. She used to give out and spend whatever she had for the sake of Allah to the extent that she gave out a house that she had when she was still alive. (Ibn Sa'd, Tabaqat, vol. 8, p. 102, Cited in Muhammad Fathi Mus'ad, The Wives of the Prophet Muhammad: Their Strives and Their Lives, p.178)

The Prophet's Marriage to Safiyyah and It's Wisdom
As for the accusation that Safiyyah was coerced into marriage or taken advantage of, as alleged by a known Islamophobic, this claim has no basis at all. It is known that Safiyyah(R) remained loyal to the Prophet until he passed away. (An account of how Safiyyah's loyalty was affirmed by the Prophet(P) himself is recorded in Muhammad Husayn Haykal, op. cit., p. 374, of which an online document can be found, Cited in <http://www.bismikaallahuma.org/index.php/articles/umm-ul-mukminin-safiyyah-the-jewish-wife-of-muhammadp>)

We have in fact the Prophet(P) making the following offer to her, as recorded by Martin Lings:

He [the Prophet Muhammad - Ed.] then told Safiyyah that he was prepared to set her free, and he offered her the choice between remaining a Jewess and returning to her people or entering Islam and becoming his wife. "I choose God and His Messenger," she said; and they were married at the first halt on the homeward march. (Martin Lings, Muhammad: His Life Based On The Earliest Sources (George Allen & Unwin, 1983), p. 269, Cited in <http://www.bismikaallahuma.org/index.php/articles/umm-ul-mukminin-safiyyah-the-jewish-wife-of-muhammadp>)

The marriage to Safiyyah(R) has a political significance as well, as it helps to reduce hostilities and cement alliances. John L. Esposito notes that

As was customary for Arab chiefs, many were political marriages to cement alliances. Others were marriages to the widows of his companions who had fallen in combat and were in need of protection. (John L. Esposito, Islam: The Straight Path, pp. 19-20, Cited in <http://www.bismikaallahuma.org/index.php/articles/umm-ul-mukminin-safiyyah-the-jewish-wife-of-muhammadp>)

This significant act of marrying Safiyyah(R) was indeed a great honour for her, for this not only preserved her dignity, it also prevented her from becoming a slave. Haykal notes that:

The Prophet granted her freedom and then married her, following the examples of great conquerors who married the daughters and wives of the kings whom they had conquered, partly in order to alleviate their tragedy and partly to preserve their dignity. (Muhammad Husayn Haykal, The Life of Muhammad (North American Trust Publications, 1976), p. 373, Cited in <http://www.bismikaallahuma.org/index.php/articles/umm-ul-mukminin-safiyyah-the-jewish-wife-of-muhammadp>)

With marrying Safiyyah, the Prophet aimed at ending the enmity and hostility adopted by the Jews against him and against Islam, all the way long, but alas they went on with their hatred for Islam and for the Prophet simply because it was their natural disposition to be malicious and stubborn. ( See Muhammad M. as-Sawwaf, Zawjat ar-Rasul at-Tahirat wa Hikmat T'adudihinn, pp. 76-79, Cited in Muhammad Fathi Mus'ad, The Wives of the Prophet Muhammad: Their Strives and Their Lives, p.168)

The Prophet's Attitude Towards Safiyyah

Indeed, when Bilal ibn Rabah(R), a Companion of the Prophet, brought Safiyyah along with another Jewess before him(P) by passing through the Jews that were slain in the battle, Muhammad(P) personally chided Bilal and said "Have you no compassion, Bilal, when you brought two women past their dead husbands?" (A. Guillaume (trans.), The Life of Muhammad: A translation of Ibn Ishaq's Sirat Rasul Allah (Oxford University Press, 1978), p. 515, Cited in <http://www.bismikaallahuma.org/index.php/articles/umm-ul-mukminin-safiyyah-the-jewish-wife-of-muhammadp>)

There was once a situation when Zaynab bint Jahsh and Safiyyah went with the Prophet on one of his travels and the camel of Safiyyah fell sick. The Prophet said to Zaynab, "The camel of Safiyyah has fallen sick, what about giving her one of your camels?" She said, "Never should I give it to such a Jewish woman". The Prophet became angry with her and he did not approach her for two months. (Ahmad, vol. 6, pp. 336-337, Cited in Muhammad Fathi Mus'ad, The Wives of the Prophet Muhammad: Their Strives and Their Lives, p.173)

The Prophet used to treat Safiyyah with courteousness, gentleness and affection. Safiyyah said, "The Messenger of Allah went to Hajj with his wives. On the way my camel knelt down for it was the weakest among all the other camels and so I wept. The Prophet came to me and wiped away my tears with his dress and hands. The more he asked me not to weep the more I went on weeping. (Ahmad, vol.6, p. 337, Cited in Muhammad Fathi Mus'ad, The Wives of the Prophet Muhammad: Their Strives and Their Lives, p.176)

(Bassam Zawadi's article "Safiyyah, the Wife of Muhammad"wink

He Wrote
Some of Khaibar's residents made a deal with Muhammad. Instead of enslaving them, which would leave the rich orchards of Khaibar to go untended and unproductive, the Jews would give Muhammad and the Muslims 1/2 of all of what they produced. Muhammad accepted the deal, with the stipulation that they could be expelled at his slightest whim. Years later, Umar expelled the last remaining Jews from Khaibar.

Immediately following the conquest of Khaibar, a Jewish woman prepared a dinner for Muhammad and some of his men. Unknown to the Muslims was that she had put a poison into the lamb (some say goat) that was served at dinner. Muhammad ate some of the poisoned lamb and died as a result three years later.

My Response
Tell me what is this poison that kills a man THREE years later after taking it? Doesn't that sound strange to you? And also this poison was meant to have an immediate effect, not a long term effect and then killing the person, the poison was meant to kill the person on the spot.

He Wrote
PART A - THE POISONING OF MUHAMMAD

A1

From Bukhari's Hadith 3.786:

Narrated Anas bin Malik: A Jewess brought a poisoned (cooked) sheep for the Prophet who ate from it. She was brought to the Prophet and he was asked, "Shall we kill her?" He said, "No." I continued to see the effect of the poison on the palate of the mouth of Allah's Apostle.

A2

From Bukhari's Hadith 4.394: Narrated Abu Huraira: When Khaibar was conquered, a roasted poisoned sheep was presented to the Prophet as a gift (by the Jews). The Prophet ordered, "Let all the Jews who have been here, be assembled before me." The Jews were collected and the Prophet said (to them), "I am going to ask you a question. Will you tell the truth?" They said, "Yes." The Prophet asked, "Who is your father?" They replied, "So-and-so." He said, "You have told a lie; your father is so-and-so." They said, "You are right." He said, "Will you now tell me the truth, if I ask you about something?" They replied, "Yes, O Abu Al-Qasim; and if we should tell a lie, you can realize our lie as you have done regarding our father." On that he asked, "Who are the people of the (Hell) Fire?" They said, "We shall remain in the (Hell) Fire for a short period, and after that you will replace us." The Prophet said, "You may be cursed and humiliated in it! By Allah, we shall never replace you in it." Then he asked, "Will you now tell me the truth if I ask you a question?" They said, "Yes, O Abu Al-Qasim." He asked, "Have you poisoned this sheep?" They said, "Yes." He asked, "What made you do so?" They said, "We wanted to know if you were a liar in which case we would get rid of you, and if you are a prophet then the poison would not harm you."

A3

From Ibn Sa'd page 249:

Verily a Jewish woman presented poisoned (meat of) a she goat to the apostle of Allah. He took a piece form it, put it into his mouth, chewed it and threw it away. Then he said to the Companions: "Halt! Verily, its leg tells me that it is poisoned." Then he sent for the Jewish woman and asked her; "What induced you to do what you have done?" She replied, "I wanted to know if you are true; in that case Allah will surely inform you, and if you are a liar I shall relieve the people of you."

A4

From Ibn Sa'd page 249: [different narrator]

The apostle of Allah and his companions ate from it. It (goat) said: "I am poisoned." He [Muhammad] said to his Companions, "Hold you hands! because it has informed me that it is poisoned!" They withdrew their hands, but Bishr Ibn al-Bara expired. The apostle of Allah sent for her (Jewess) and asked her, "What induced you to do what you have done?" She replied, "I wanted to know if you are a prophet, in that case it will not harm you and if you are a king, I shall relieve the people of you. He gave orders and she was put to death. [SEE NOTE 1]

A5

From Ibn Sa'd page 250: [different narrator]

Verily a woman of the Jews of Khaibar presented poisoned (meat of) goat to the apostle of Allah. The he recognized that it was poisoned, so he sent for her and asked her, "What induced you to do what you have done?" She replied, "I thought if you are a prophet, Allah will inform you, and if you are a pretender, I shall relieve people of you. When the apostle of Allah felt sick, he got himself "cupped". [SEE NOTE 2]

A6

From Ibn Sa'd pages 251, 252: [different narrator]

, When the apostle of Allah conquered Khaibar and he had peace of mind, Zaynab Bint al-Harith the brother of Marhab, who was the spouse of Sallam Ibn Mishkam, inquired, "Which part of the goat is liked by Muhammad?" They said, "The foreleg." Then she slaughtered one from her goats and roasted it (the meat). Then she wanted a poison which could not fail. ,  The apostle of Allah took the foreleg, a piece of which he put into his mouth. Bishr took another bone and put it into his mouth. When the apostle of Allah ate one morsel of it Bishr ate his and other people also ate from it. Then the apostle of Allah said, "Hold back your hands! because this foreleg; , informed me that it is poisoned. Thereupon Bishr said, "By Him who has made you great! I discovered it from the morsel I took. Nothing prevented me from emitting it out, but the idea that I did not like to make your food unrelishing. When you had eaten what was in your mouth I did not like to save my life after yours, and I also thought you would not have eaten it if there was something wrong.

Bishr did not rise form his seat but his color changed to that of "taylsan" (a green cloth), The apostle of Allah sent for Zaynab and said to her, "What induced you to do what you have done?" She replied, "You have done to my people what you have done. You have killed my father, my uncle and my husband, so I said to myself, "If you are a prophet, the foreleg will inform you; and others have said, "If you are a king we will get rid of you."",

The apostle of Allah lived after this three years till in consequence of his pain he passed away. During his illness he used to say, "I did not cease to find the effect of the (poisoned) morsel, I took at Khaibar and I suffered several times (from its effect) but now I feel the hour has come of the cutting of my jugular vein."

A7

From Tabari Volume 8, page 123, 124:

When the messenger of God rested from his labor, Zaynab bt. al-Harith, the wife of Sallam b. Mishkam, served him a roast sheep. She had asked what part of the sheep the messenger of God liked best and was told that it was the foreleg. So she loaded that part with poison, and she poisoned the rest of the sheep too. Then she brought it. When she set it before the messenger of God, he took the foreleg and chewed a bit of it, but he did not swallow it. With him was Bishr b. al-Bara b. Marur, who, like the messenger of God, took some of it; Bishr, however, swallowed it, while the messenger of God spat it out saying,

"This bone informs me that it has been poisoned." He asked, "What led you to do this?" She said: "How you have afflicted my people is not hidden from you. So I said, "If he is a prophet, he will be informed; but if he is a king, I shall be rid of him"". The prophet forgave her. Bishr died of the food he had eaten.

A8

From Tabari Volume 8, page 124: [different narrator]

The messenger of God said during the illness from which he died - the mother of Bishr had come in to visit him - "Umm Bishr, at this very moment I feel my aorta being severed because of the food I ate with your son at Khaybar." [See NOTE 3]

My Response
Already note the problems with Silas' conclusion, the hadiths he quotes refute his position! Note:

When the messenger of God rested from his labor, Zaynab bt. al-Harith, the wife of Sallam b. Mishkam, served him a roast sheep. She had asked what part of the sheep the messenger of God liked best and was told that it was the foreleg. So she loaded that part with poison, and she poisoned the rest of the sheep too. Then she brought it. When she set it before the messenger of God, he took the foreleg and chewed a bit of it, but he did not swallow it. With him was Bishr b. al-Bara b. Marur, who, like the messenger of God, took some of it; Bishr, however, swallowed it, while the messenger of God spat it out saying, "This bone informs me that it has been poisoned." He asked, "What led you to do this?" She said: "How you have afflicted my people is not hidden from you. So I said, "If he is a prophet, he will be informed; but if he is a king, I shall be rid of him"". The prophet forgave her. Bishr died of the food he had eaten.

Note the first problem Silas has, the companion of the prophet who did eat from the poisoned lamb died when he ate the lamb, this shows the poison was meant to have an immediate affect, to kill the person on the spot, not to have a long term effect on the person.

That is not the only problem:

From Bukhari's Hadith 4.394: Narrated Abu Huraira: When Khaibar was conquered, a roasted poisoned sheep was presented to the Prophet as a gift (by the Jews). The Prophet ordered, "Let all the Jews who have been here, be assembled before me." The Jews were collected and the Prophet said (to them), "I am going to ask you a question. Will you tell the truth?" They said, "Yes." The Prophet asked, "Who is your father?" They replied, "So-and-so." He said, "You have told a lie; your father is so-and-so." They said, "You are right." He said, "Will you now tell me the truth, if I ask you about something?" They replied, "Yes, O Abu Al-Qasim; and if we should tell a lie, you can realize our lie as you have done regarding our father." On that he asked, "Who are the people of the (Hell) Fire?" They said, "We shall remain in the (Hell) Fire for a short period, and after that you will replace us." The Prophet said, "You may be cursed and humiliated in it! By Allah, we shall never replace you in it." Then he asked, "Will you now tell me the truth if I ask you a question?" They said, "Yes, O Abu Al-Qasim." He asked, "Have you poisoned this sheep?" They said, "Yes." He asked, "What made you do so?" They said, "We wanted to know if you were a liar in which case we would get rid of you, and if you are a prophet then the poison would not harm you."

Note when the prophets asks them why they poisoned the lamb, they reply by saying they did it to see if he was a true prophet, had he been a true prophet the poison would not HARM HIM. Now by this, the Jews obviously meant if he was a prophet, then the poison would not kill him, since that was the effect it had on the person who ate from it, and as we see, the poison had no such effect on the prophet; the prophet survived from the poison and did not die from it. Thus under the Jews own criteria, the prophet Muhammad was proven to be a true prophet!

There is still another problem for Silas:

From Ibn Sa'd page 249:

Verily a Jewish woman presented poisoned (meat of) a she goat to the apostle of Allah. He took a piece form it, put it into his mouth, chewed it and threw it away. Then he said to the Companions: "Halt! Verily, its leg tells me that it is poisoned." Then he sent for the Jewish woman and asked her; "What induced you to do what you have done?" She replied, "I wanted to know if you are true; in that case Allah will surely inform you, and if you are a liar I shall relieve the people of you."

Note the Jewish lady says if he is a true prophet then God would tell him, as we see, the prophet got a sign that the lamb was poisoned when he shouted:

Halt! Verily, its leg tells me that it is poisoned

Once the prophet got this sign, he immediately spat the poisoned lamb out, which ultimately saved his life:

When the messenger of God rested from his labor, Zaynab bt. al-Harith, the wife of Sallam b. Mishkam, served him a roast sheep. She had asked what part of the sheep the messenger of God liked best and was told that it was the foreleg. So she loaded that part with poison, and she poisoned the rest of the sheep too. Then she brought it. When she set it before the messenger of God, he took the foreleg and chewed a bit of it, but he did not swallow it. With him was Bishr b. al-Bara b. Marur, who, like the messenger of God, took some of it; Bishr, however, swallowed it, while the messenger of God spat it out saying, "This bone informs me that it has been poisoned." He asked, "What led you to do this?" She said: "How you have afflicted my people is not hidden from you. So I said, "If he is a prophet, he will be informed; but if he is a king, I shall be rid of him"". The prophet forgave her. Bishr died of the food he had eaten.

Note how it says Bishr swallowed it, while the prophet Muhammad spat it out, showing he did not swallow it. Had the prophet swallowed from it, he would have surely been killed, but he received a miraculous sign warning him from the poisoned lamb. However so, he had still put some of the lamb in his mouth, so he had small effects of the poison, but not the full intended harm which was wanted, which was for him to die.

Hence what we have here is:

1- The poison was meant to kill on impact, not a long term killing, the prophet was not killed on impact, unlike his companion Bishr who was. This proves the poison did not kill him.

2- The poison would not harm Muhammad if he was true prophet, the harm that was intended on him was to kill him, this harm did not come about, so he was not harmed in the way the Jews had planned, therefore under their criteria he was a true prophet.

3- The Jews said God would have warned Muhammad if he was a true prophet, as we see, the prophet was warned, and as a result spat the piece of lamb out and not swallowing it, which saved his life!

So hence the very source Silas quotes from refutes his entire argument, how ironic. However so stay reading, as you will see Silas completely refutes himself near the end when asking a question to the Muslims.

He Wrote

SUMMARY OF THE SOURCES

Muhammad attacked Khaibar. He destroyed, tortured, murdered, plundered, and enslaved many people (ref Kitab al-Tabaqat al-Kabir, volume 2, page 134, 136, 137). They were not preparing to attack him. A Jewish woman, whose family had been wiped out by Muhammad, put poison into a lamb and fed it to Muhammad and the other Muslims. Muhammad ingested some of the poisoned lamb and began to feel it's effects. He died three years later as a result of the poisoning.

My Response

Don't worry, part 2 of this rebuttal will come out soon on the battle of Khaibar where you shall be further exposed.

The Jewish lady poisoned the prophet, but it did not have the harm they sought, which was his death, God had protected the prophet Muhammad, and under their criteria this made him a true prophet.

Silas also now makes a false dilemma, and a logical fallacy. Just because the prophet still felt the effects of the poison does not mean that was the cause of his death! What kind of silliness is that?!

And again, the poison was meant to have an immediate effect, not a long term effect where it would eventually kill you, the proof of this is when the prophets companion ate of the poisoned lamb he was killed by it.

So Silas has no case, the sources he quoted from refuted his case, but off course typical of the Answering-Islam missionaries is to quote Islamic sources and make conclusions not found in those texts.

He Wrote
DISCUSSION

What needs to be investigated here are the circumstances of Muhammad's death.   The Jews were planning to murder him.  The Jews believed that a real prophet would be forewarned of their deed but an impostor wouldn't be warned by God.  The Muslims also believed this; the other Muslim who died said that he didn't think Muhammad would eat of something that was poisoned (see quote in A6).

My Response
As we saw, under the Jews criteria the prophet Muhammad was a true prophet. Secondly, who really cares what the Jews thought? As we shall shortly see Silas' argument backfires against his own faith, as usual no consistency from our Christian opponents.

Secondly, the sources Silas quotes from shows the prophet spat the food out after receiving a miraculous sign.

He Wrote
The Jews were right, Muhammad did eat of the poison, and did die from it.  They proved, according to their test, that Muhammad was not a prophet.  As they said (quote A2):

"We wanted to know if you were a liar in which case we would get rid of you, and if you are a prophet then the poison would not harm you."

My Response
Then I guess the Jews are also correct about Jesus, that he is an imposter, a false messiah, which is why he was killed and could not save himself, according to Silas' logic, this makes those Jews correct, as the Bible says:

Matthew 27:33-50

33 And when they were come unto a place called Golgotha, that is to say, a place of a skull,  34 They gave him vinegar to drink mingled with gall: and when he had tasted thereof, he would not drink.  35 And they crucified him, and parted his garments, casting lots: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, They parted my garments among them, and upon my vesture did they cast lots.  36 And sitting down they watched him there;  37 And set up over his head his accusation written, THIS IS JESUS THE KING OF THE JEWS.  38 Then were there two thieves crucified with him, one on the right hand, and another on the left.  39 And they that passed by reviled him, wagging their heads,  40 And saying, Thou that destroyest the temple, and buildest it in three days, save thyself. If thou be the Son of God, come down from the cross.  41 Likewise also the chief priests mocking him, with the scribes and elders, said,  42 He saved others; himself he cannot save. If he be the King of Israel, let him now come down from the cross, and we will believe him.  43 He trusted in God; let him deliver him now, if he will have him: for he said, I am the Son of God.  44 The thieves also, which were crucified with him, cast the same in his teeth.  45 Now from the sixth hour there was darkness over all the land unto the ninth hour.  46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?  47 Some of them that stood there, when they heard that, said, This man calleth for Elias.  48 And straightway one of them ran, and took a spunge, and filled it with vinegar, and put it on a reed, and gave him to drink.  49 The rest said, Let be, let us see whether Elias will come to save him.

50 Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.

So note these Jews came up to Jesus when he was on the cross, and they mocked him, and told him if he is the son of God, and king of Israel, and could save others then let him save himself, since Jesus died then this means he was a fake according to them! And using Silas' logic this means the Jews are correct and Jesus is a fake! Very nice Silas, I love it when Christian apologists dig their own hole with their inconsistent arguments.

See folks, this is basically what Answering-Islam is all about, please do not be deceived into thinking that these guys are scholars or are very smart people who know their stuff on Islam and their own faith.

Let us further expose Silas' shallow chain of argument, the NT makes it clear that other prophets were also killed:

Mat 23:37  O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, [thou] that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under [her] wings, and ye would not!

So note, the Jews had already killed other prophets, using Silas' logic, those prophets whom the Jews killed were also all fakes, because I am sure the Jews wouldn't have killed them if they believed they were true prophets now would they?

So Silas' own methodology has completely exposed him, however so his destruction does not end there, no, he still refutes himself at the end in such a nice way.

He Wrote
Muhammad realized that he was dying, ceased praying for healing (quote C4), and claimed that Allah had given him a choice to going to Paradise, or living on earth.  Muhammad said he then wanted to go to Paradise.  Knowing the game was up, he made the best out of a failed situation.

My Response
Note the coward is afraid to quote the hadith, none the less, as Silas said, the prophet Muhammad was given the choice of this world or the hereafter, he chose the hereafter.

However so, this point he makes shall refute him, when he asks a question to the Muslims, which is quite hilarious and shows how little Answering-Islam really know.

He Wrote
1)         If Muhammad were a real prophet of God, why didn't he catch the poison before he ate it?

My Response
He spat the poisoned lamb out, and did not die from it.

Secondly, for the sake of argument, what exactly would be wrong if the prophet died as a result of the poison? This would just make him a martyr of God, and add him to the list of prophets killed by the Jews!

So perhaps Silas can enlighten us on how any of this disproves the prophet hood of Muhammad if he did die from the poisoning.

He Wrote
2)         If you believe that it was God's will for Muhammad to have eaten the poison, along with Bishr, why then did Muhammad try to get well? Even Gabriel prayed for Muhammad to get better, but Allah didn't answer that prayer either.

My Response
The question makes no sense, Allah wills for the prophet to get poisoned, so why does Muhammad pray to get healed??

The prophet got sick, so off course he is still going to pray for Allah to heal him! Perhaps that was the purpose, for the prophet Muhammad to get sick and ask Allah for help, to show us how we should act when we are sick, by asking Allah for all help.

Secondly, Silas is being inconsistent again!

Let us expose Silas' inconsistency, Silas as a Christian believes it was God's and Jesus' will for Jesus to die on the cross, if this was so, why did Jesus cry and plead for God to save him?! Why was Jesus so scared, why did Jesus tell his disciples to even buy swords! This exposes Silas' inconsistency again.

He Wrote
3)         Why did Gabriel not know the will of Allah? Why would Gabriel pray if Allah had decided death?

My Response
This is probably one of the most silly questions I have seen, why didn't Gabriel know Allah's will? Hmmmm, because no one knows what Allah's plans are! Are you that smart to be able to read God's mind and plan? No one knows the will of God, Silas knows this.

The rest of his questions are irrelevant and do nothing to prove his argument.

He Wrote
Muhammad was not a real prophet, he was a false prophet.  He died as a result of eating poison that he didn't know about.  The poisoned lamb "spoke" to him too late.  Only when he realized he was dying did Muhammad "spiritualize" his suffering and coming  death.  Prior to that he tried to get well.

My Response
How is the prophet Muhammad a fake? Just say he did die from the poisoning, how does that make him a false prophet?! Using your logic, Jesus is a false messiah, and so were the other prophets who were killed, very good job. How does Jochen Katz even publish such rubbish?

He Wrote

Moses knew about his coming death (Deut 34:1-5).  Jesus also knew of His future death (Mark 8:32, 32).  Yet Muhammad was in the dark until he himself realized he was going to die.

My Response
As I said, Silas completely refutes himself at the end, and completes his own destruction. Note Silas claims Moses, and Jesus knew of their death, but the prophet Muhammad did not, it seems Silas has short term memory, or is purposely lying here, he himself stated:

claimed that Allah had given him a choice to going to Paradise, or living on earth.  Muhammad said he then wanted to go to Paradise

So earlier Silas stated that the prophet Muhammad was given the choice to live, or go to heaven, how is that being in the dark? He had a choice to live or go to heaven, he chose heaven! So the prophet Muhammad knew very well that he was going to die, and unlike Moses and Jesus, the prophet had a choice! So how could Silas forget this? And make such a lie when he knows Islamic sources show the prophet Muhammad knew he was going to die when he made the choice to go to heaven rather than staying alive! Such deceit is inexcusable and simply exposes Answering-Islam, Silas, and his boss Jochen ?the joke' Katz for publishing such blatant lies.

Silas has completely humiliated himself, in summary he cause these problems:

1- Called Jesus a false messiah

2- Called many of the prophets of the OT fakes

3- Called Jesus a liar, since Jesus called those prophets true prophets, Silas calls them fakes, therefore making Jesus a liar.

This brings this rebuttal to a close, as we have seen, Silas miserably failed in proving his argument, he ended up committing blasphemy and must now go repent to Jesus before he gets eternal damnation, but even if he repents to Jesus, he shall still be getting eternal damnation because Jesus is not God and not the one you repent to, he should repent to the one and true God ALLAH. AMEEN!

http://muslim-responses.com/The_Prophets_Death/The_Prophets_Death_
Re: Muhammad Poisoned By A Jew, Why Must He Die Poisoned, After All He Is A Beloved by ivoice247: 4:52pm On Jan 02, 2012
LagosShia:

@Plappville

the first part of the copy/paste you presented deals with the battle of Uhud were it was rumored that Muhammad (sa) had being killed.

what you attribute to al-Baidawi (another sunni scholar) is not referenced.show us the name of the book,page number and hadith or narration code where Baidawi allegedly said what you are quoting and smuggling as his words.

when i read the entire post,here is the main reference given which has to do with repeating and formatting the same thing we've heard from your initial copy/paste:

"The above quotation is from the book Is The   Quran Infallible by Abdallah Abd al-Fadi, pages 378-  381"

NOW THE CHALLENGE STILL STANDS,TELL US WHEN MUHAMMAD (sa) IS SAID TO HAVE CONSUMED POISONED MEAT AND WHEN DID HE PASS AWAY?

THEN TELL US WHICH POISON WILL KILL SOMEONE AFTER ABOUT 3 YEARS HAS ELAPSED!!!

FOR YOU TO CLAIM THAT IT WAS THE POISONED THAT KILLED HIM AND THE CAUSE OF HIS DEATH IS POISONING,YOU MUST SHOW US HOW HE SUFFERED AND STRUGGLE FROM THE POISONING ALL ALONG CLOSE TO 36 MONTHS BEFORE HE DIED FROM IT.SOMEONE CANNOT BE POSIONED TODAY TO FEEL THE EFFECT THREE YEARS LATER WHEN HE IS JUST ABOUT TO DIE!!!HE MUST HAVE SUFFERED ALL ALONG.SO PRESENT YOUR EVIDENCE.

@lagosShia, i agree with you but the unfortunate thing is that plappville is just copy and pasting from all over the internet and in the process mumbling up different scenarios which he has no clue about. Don't get us wrong plappville, we believe in Jesus(as) as a honoured servant and messenger of Allah. He's one of the greatest prophets on earth and any muslim that does not believe in him as a honoured messenger and servant of God will not enter paradise. But the fact of the matter is that you are using a Jewish folktale(poisoning) to justify whether muhammed(saw) was a prophet. But if you are to stand by this folktale then you must also stand by the fact that according to the jews, (claiming that if jesus(as) was a prophet God would have saved him from been crucified ) Jesus(as) was not a prophet. (read the bk of mathew ch 27 v 33-`50). This is why till today, the jews do not believe in the divinity of Jesus christ and virgin Mary. Please lets not waste our time on this issue, just use the same yardstick you're using to judge muhammed(saw) to also judge jesus(as)
Re: Muhammad Poisoned By A Jew, Why Must He Die Poisoned, After All He Is A Beloved by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jan 02, 2012
LagosShia endeavour to make your articles more concise and to the point.

No one has the time to read your painfully lengthy , copy and paste comments .
Re: Muhammad Poisoned By A Jew, Why Must He Die Poisoned, After All He Is A Beloved by plappville(f): 5:02pm On Jan 02, 2012
@ lagoShia, Muhammed angels refused to informed him of the poison, He would live longer if not of the poison. He tried several treatments according to these islamic source.

Al-Bukhaari (5777) narrated that Abu Hurayrah said: When Khaybar was conquered, a roasted poisoned sheep was presented to the Prophet as a gift (by the Jews). The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “Let all the Jews who have been here, be assembled before me.” The Jews were gathered and the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “Will you now tell me the truth, if I ask you about something?” They replied, “Yes.” He asked, “Have you poisoned this sheep?” They said, “Yes.” He asked, “What made you do that?” They said, “We wanted to know if you were a liar in which case we would have got rid of you, and if you are a Prophet then the poison would not harm you.”

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to feel ill because of this food, and he would be treated with cupping for that.

Ahmad (2784) narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas that a Jewish woman sent a gift to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) of a poisoned roasted sheep. He sent for her and asked her, “What made you do what you did?” She said, “I wanted to see if you were a Prophet, then Allaah would tell you about it, and if you were not a Prophet the people would be rid of you.” Whenever the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) felt ill as a result of that he would have himself treated by cupping. On one occasion he traveled and when he entered ihraam he felt ill as a result of that and he had himself treated by cupping. The editor of al-Musnad classed it as saheeh.

That had an impact in causing his death, so he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) died as a martyr (shaheed), as Ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) said:

“If I were to swear by Allaah nine times that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was killed, that is more beloved to me than swearing once, because Allaah made him a Prophet and made him a martyr.” Narrated by Ahmad, 3617. The editors said, its isnaad is saheeh according to the conditions of Muslim.

Al-Sindi said: The words “he was killed” mean by the poison in the meat of the sheep’s foreleg that he ate, when the effects of that appeared when he was dying.
Re: Muhammad Poisoned By A Jew, Why Must He Die Poisoned, After All He Is A Beloved by plappville(f): 5:07pm On Jan 02, 2012
Didn't i poste the link of the author of this article? i never claim i wrote the article.

@ivoice247, there is nothing Muslims scholars dont refute, the truth still stands. Even the errors of the kuran were all refuted by Islam scholars grin grin
Re: Muhammad Poisoned By A Jew, Why Must He Die Poisoned, After All He Is A Beloved by LagosShia: 5:12pm On Jan 02, 2012
plappville:

Didn't i poste the link of the author of this article? i never claim i wrote the article.

@ivoice247, there is nothing Muslims scholars dont refute, the truth still stands. Even the errors of the kuran were all refuted by Islam scholars grin grin

you and your friends are fond of copy/paste from missionary websites and passing them as your own articles without presnting the reference.

i think the case is closed on this topic and you can feel free to nag about it.i would only summarize a few points:

1.) the Prophet (sa) knew the meat was poisoned and did not eat it.his companion died while he survived it.

2.) he lived for close to 3 years.Plappville and all your christian missionary writers should taste a little poison and survive for 3 years!!!

3.) Jesus,John the Baptist and other prophets claimed by the new testament were killed by the jews,yet they are not viewed as "fake"!!!
Re: Muhammad Poisoned By A Jew, Why Must He Die Poisoned, After All He Is A Beloved by plappville(f): 5:17pm On Jan 02, 2012
Quote from: proo212 on Today at 09:24:18 AM
ivoice247, i assume this means islamic voice 24/7, whilst you were trying to refute plappville as to which poison takes three years to kill someone, as i read from the write up, it says your prophet did not ingest the meat so we see that even a bit of the meat that touch his mouth was enough to make him ill. Bashir did instantly because he swallowed the meat. The meat must have been deadly if he complained afterwards that what he ate was killing him. You can try and spin this all you want but he himself admitted from different narrations.

Moving on, another lie your prophet told in all of this debacle

Now where in history did Jesus Christ whilst he was man on earth live till 125years? All sources show that he lived on earth for 33-33.5 years If your sources cannot get that right oh boy!!!

[b]It's from plappville's quote that stated christ lived on earth till 125yrs. [/b]I believe it was a mistake because we muslims believe he ascended to heaven at a young age around 33yrs old and he's not dead. Anyways, i guess the quote was meant to be for Moses who according to bk of deut 34:7, moses(as) died at 120 yrs old

The Quran has been edited for certain cretical errors like this. The bible in no where said Jesus lived till 125yrs. i am going to creat a thread on this soon.
Re: Muhammad Poisoned By A Jew, Why Must He Die Poisoned, After All He Is A Beloved by plappville(f): 5:22pm On Jan 02, 2012
LagosShia:

you and your friends are fond of copy/paste from missionary websites and passing them as your own articles without presnting the reference.

i think the case is closed on this topic and you can feel free to nag about it.i would only summarize a few points:

1.) the Prophet (sa) knew the meat was poisoned and did not eat it.his companion died while he survived it.

2.) he lived for close to 3 years.Plappville and all your christian missionary writers should taste a little poison and survive for 3 years!!!

3.) Jesus,John the Baptist and other prophets claimed by the new testament were killed by the jews,yet they are not viewed as "fake"!!!
Liar, i presented the link right from the origin of the thread, u ve failed to read through to see the link at the end of it. U prefare to handle only the topic. Were u able to do anything on ur own apart from islamis web rebutal? Let the thread end, the truth still stands, i will join u tomorrow by his grace.
Re: Muhammad Poisoned By A Jew, Why Must He Die Poisoned, After All He Is A Beloved by LagosShia: 5:25pm On Jan 02, 2012
plappville:

@ lagoShia, Muhammed angels refused to informed him of the poison, He would live longer if not of the poison. He tried several treatments according to these islamic source.

Al-Bukhaari (5777) narrated that Abu Hurayrah said: When Khaybar was conquered, a roasted poisoned sheep was presented to the Prophet as a gift (by the Jews). The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “Let all the Jews who have been here, be assembled before me.” The Jews were gathered and the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “Will you now tell me the truth, if I ask you about something?” They replied, “Yes.” He asked, “Have you poisoned this sheep?” They said, “Yes.” He asked, “What made you do that?” They said, “We wanted to know if you were a liar in which case we would have got rid of you, and if you are a Prophet then the poison would not harm you.”

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to feel ill because of this food, and he would be treated with cupping for that.

[color=#000099]Ahmad (2784) narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas that a Jewish woman sent a gift to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) of a poisoned roasted sheep. He sent for her and asked her, “What made you do what you did?” She said, “I wanted to see if you were a Prophet, then Allaah would tell you about it, and if you were not a Prophet the people would be rid of you.” Whenever the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) felt ill as a result of that he would have himself treated by cupping. On one occasion he traveled and when he entered ihraam he felt ill as a result of that and he had himself treated by cupping. The editor of al-Musnad classed it as saheeh.

That had an impact in causing his death, so he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) died as a martyr (shaheed), as Ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) said:

“If I were to swear by Allaah nine times that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was killed, that is more beloved to me than swearing once, because Allaah made him a Prophet and made him a martyr.” Narrated by Ahmad, 3617. The editors said, its isnaad is saheeh according to the conditions of Muslim.

Al-Sindi said: The words “he was killed” mean by the poison in the meat of the sheep’s foreleg that he ate, when the effects of that appeared when he was dying.

the dishonety of the copy/paste and the author is very disgusting!

the christian missionary inserts his own words to make it seem the hadith is suggesting:

"The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to feel ill because of this food, and he would be treated with cupping for that". [/color]

how does the Prophet (sa) having treatement when he feels ill amount to his illness being from the poisoning? does "cupping" indicate a treatment only for poisoning?also,can poisoning be treated?if yes,he either survivded it for 3 years or died from it which was not the case!the opinions of those who think it was the poisoning he ate 3 years ago that caused his death,have no medical value.the poisoning could have had its effect.but definitely,what killed him was not the poisoning.a man poisoned is reported to be travelling as the above by Palappville shows.can you imagine a man under the influence of poison travelling with a donkey from Medinah to Makkah to perform pilgrimage?the Prophet (sa) underwent these journeys several times before his passing away!!!
Re: Muhammad Poisoned By A Jew, Why Must He Die Poisoned, After All He Is A Beloved by LagosShia: 5:30pm On Jan 02, 2012
plappville:

Liar, i presented the link right from the origin of the thread, u ve failed to read through to see the link at the end of it. U prefare to handle only the topic. Were u able to do anything on your own apart from islamis web rebutal? Let the thread end, the truth still stands, i will join u tomorrow by his grace.

i saw no link there from the beginning.at whatever point you added that link is your business.

and you dont have to run away everytime you see you can no longer handle the discussion.you'd run to come back and start it all over again.that is the tactic used by you here.

that wouldn't work for long before you're ignored.
Re: Muhammad Poisoned By A Jew, Why Must He Die Poisoned, After All He Is A Beloved by ivoice247: 5:31pm On Jan 02, 2012
plappville:

@LagosShia and others, U are insisting of the date of his death? U will agree that both u and i will come up with what History told us about his death, the cause and when he died.

I present to u a AL-BAYDAWI.

Writing about Muhammad's death, Al-Baidawi, the great expositor of the Quran, said:

"If he should die or be slain, will you then turn back on your heels?"  (refers to the incident in which)  Abdallah Ibn Qami'a al-Harithi threw a rock at Allah's Messenger that broke four of his front teeth and gashed his face.  Mus'ab Ibn Umair, who was the standard-bearer defended (Muhammad).  So Ibn Qami'a killed (Mus'ab), assuming that he killed the Prophet.  Then, as it is reported, he said "I killed Muhammad." Someone cried out, "Behold, Muhammad has been killed," and the people turned on their heels.  Then the Messenger cried out, "Come to me, servants of Allah," Thirty of his followers joined him and protected him until they scattered the unbelievers.  Some hypocrites said, "Had he been a prophet, he would not have been killed."  Anas Ibn Nadr, the uncle of Anas Ibn Malak, said, "O, people, if Muhammad is slain, Muhammad's Lord is alive, and dies not; what shall you do if you live after him?  So fight for what he fought for," and added "O Allah, I acquit myself of what they say and exonerate myself from it."  He then clasped his sword firmly and fought till he was killed, and the verse was revealed.

When Khaybar was conquered, and the people felt secure, Zainab Bint al-Harith, Salam Ibn Mishkam's wife, went about asking which part of the lamb was Muhammad's favorite to eat.  People told her, "It is the front leg, for it is the best part and the farthest from harm."  So she took a lamb, slaughtered it, and cut it up.  [color=#990000]Then she took a deadly poison that kills instantly
and poisoned the lamb, putting more poison in the leg and shoulder.  When the sun set, Muhammad led the people in the evening prayer.  When he finished he wanted to go, but she was sitting at his feet.  He asked her, and she said, "O Abu al-Qasim, here is a gift I have for you."  Muhammad ordered some of his friends to take it from her, and it was put before him in the presence of his friends, among whom was Bishr Ibn al-Bara' Ibn Ma'rur.  Muhammad said, "Come near and be seated."  Muhammad took the leg and ate, too.  When Muhammad had swallowed his bite, Bishr swallowed his, and the rest of the people ate of it.  Muhammad said, "Raise your hands; this leg and this shoulder tell me they are poisoned."  Bishr said, "By the One who honored you, I found the same in my morsel, but nothing kept me from spitting it out except that I would spoil the pleasure of your food.  When you ate that which was in your mouth, I did not desire my own soul more than yours, and wished that you had not swallowed it."  (One opinion has it that) Bishr died   then and there.  A part of the lamb was thrown to a dog, and the dog died.  Another opinion says that (Bishr's) color turned black and his pain lasted two years, after which he died.  It was also said that Muhammad took a bite of the lamb, chewed it, and spit it out, whereas Bihr swallowed his morsel.  Then Muhammad sent for this Jewess and asked her, "Have you poisoned this lamb?"  She said, "You have acquired   certain powers with which you judge those who are not loyal to you.  You killed my father, my uncle and my brother. . . So I said, "If he is a king, then I would be relieving us of him, and if he is a prophet, he   will be able to perceive.'"  It was said that he pardoned her, while others say he commanded her to be put to death and crucified.  When Muhammad fell ill   just before his death, he said to Aisha, "Aisha, I   still feel the effect of the poisoned food I ate; this is the time of my demise by that poison."  When   Bishr's sister entered his room during the time of his last sickness, he said to her, "This is the time of my demise by the meal I ate with your brother in   Khaybar."  (The above quotation is from the book Is The   Quran Infallible by Abdallah Abd al-Fadi, pages 378-  381).
[/color]

Muslims are ashame to agree that thier prophet died of this poison?  BUT WITH THE RECORDS? It does shows that he died of the poison. Befor he ate the meat, he hard no health weakness. THERE IS NO AUGUEMENT ABOUT IT.

The narrations above explain itself. See my highlight in RED; the poison was meant to kill instantly, which it did not do to the prophet; The poisoned lamb warned the prophet it was poison. (there's no where in the hadith that the lamb tasted of poison, rather the hadith states the poisoned lamb spoke to the prophet);  Bishr also knew the lamb was poisoned and still ate it anyways so as not to act rudely by spitting it out ( if Bishr had not died, then i'm sure many islam-haters would have said the poison was not potent that's why the prophet did not die; The prophet still forgave the woman according to some narrations. Finally by the way, your last narrations do not have  a source but i still answered them which i would not have done if you were more learned in your understanding of islam. THe pages of Abdallah Abd Al fadi, is not a source but rather an opinion of Abdallah Abd Al Fadi, hope u understand this
Re: Muhammad Poisoned By A Jew, Why Must He Die Poisoned, After All He Is A Beloved by ivoice247: 5:38pm On Jan 02, 2012
frosbel:

@frosbel, it's not lagosShia's fault, plappville started the very loooooooooooong thread grin
Re: Muhammad Poisoned By A Jew, Why Must He Die Poisoned, After All He Is A Beloved by LagosShia: 5:45pm On Jan 02, 2012
frosbel:

it is a good development that you have of recent being behaving "castrated" and "handicapped".you've moved from being an active im.becile who posts rubbish to provoke others, to a cheerleader for rubbish.you are now the ring leader who has his underdogs like plappville and judek doing your biddings while you cheer them.and God knows if you are not the one with those usernames!!!!!!
Re: Muhammad Poisoned By A Jew, Why Must He Die Poisoned, After All He Is A Beloved by plappville(f): 9:13am On Jan 03, 2012
ivoice247:

We saw in many source that Muhammed undergo some treatments. When one is poisoned, he has the chance to live longer if treated, Its same with people dieing of AIDS today, those taking the normal drugs ve no sign in them as victims, but those without treatments die fast. What are u talking about? If the islamic Elders wrote about the truth of his death, is it u that will change it?
Re: Muhammad Poisoned By A Jew, Why Must He Die Poisoned, After All He Is A Beloved by plappville(f): 9:18am On Jan 03, 2012
LagosShia:

it is a good development that you have of recent being behaving "castrated" and "handicapped".you've moved from being an active im.becile who posts rubbish to provoke others, to a cheerleader for rubbish.you are now the ring leader who has his underdogs like plappville and judek doing your biddings while you cheer them.and God knows if you are not the one with those usernames!!!!!!
What is provoking in posting the truth about what ur books wrote about Muhammed? why are u taking this so personal? When u post things from the bible does anyone stop u from it NO, the article author wrote everything with the facts he got from Islamic books so i see no reason why it hurts u this much if they are not facts.

There are reasons why Islam ve claimed the Quran to be the 1st book. It has been edited, there are no much deeds Of the said self claimed Prophets. As he is the author himself.
Re: Muhammad Poisoned By A Jew, Why Must He Die Poisoned, After All He Is A Beloved by ivoice247: 3:42pm On Jan 03, 2012
plappville:

What is provoking in posting the truth about what your books wrote about Muhammed? why are u taking this so personal? When u post things from the bible does anyone stop u from it NO, the article author wrote everything with the facts he got from Islamic books so i see no reason why it hurts u this much if they are not facts.

There are reasons why Islam ve claimed the Quran to be the 1st book. It has been edited, there are no much deeds Of the said self claimed Prophets. As he is the author himself.

@plappville, the compiler of these articles are trying to paint a wrong picture of what happened and are using hadith relating to two(2) different incidents to back up a false claim. People with knowledge will just ignore your compilation but many people with no knowledge of islam can fall for your trap which is what makes this article provoking. Remember, plappville you did not read these books(sahih bukhari, sahih muslim etc) that's why you yourself have fallen into this trap of misconception as this was the intention of the compiler of these articles. That's why you're just copying and posting anything that the compiler wrote so long it supports your conviction against Islam. What the compiler has done was to intentionally select hadiths relating to different incidents (the incident of the poison and another incident during the time of the prophet's death which were 3 years apart) and sum everything up to insinuate that all the hadith quoted only related to the prophet dying immediately after taking the poison; , THIS IS WHAT MAKES YOUR ARTICLE PROVOKING AND ACTUALLY MAKES YOU OR THE COMPILER OF THESE ARTICLES A SINFUL LIAR,
Re: Muhammad Poisoned By A Jew, Why Must He Die Poisoned, After All He Is A Beloved by ivoice247: 4:01pm On Jan 03, 2012
plappville:

We saw in many source that Muhammed undergo some treatments. When one is poisoned, he has the chance to live longer if treated, Its same with people dieing of AIDS today, those taking the normal drugs ve no sign in them as victims, but those without treatments die fast. What are u talking about? If the islamic Elders wrote about the truth of his death, is it u that will change it?

@plappville,  the compiler of these article intentionally lumped up 2 hadith together to make it seem that the prophet(saw) underwent treatment as a result of him eating the the poison. See the hadith the compiler of the article quoted and you'll notice (because i know the hadith) that he joined two hadith together. See below

From Ibn Sa'd page 250: [different narrator]

Verily a woman of the Jews of Khaibar presented poisoned (meat of) goat to the apostle of Allah. The he recognized that it was poisoned, so he sent for her and asked her, "What induced you to do what you have done?" She replied,[color=#006600] "I thought if you are a prophet, Allah will inform you, and if you are a pretender, I shall relieve people of you. When the apostle of Allah felt sick, he got himself "cupped".
[SEE NOTE 2]
[/color]

In the first hadith, the woman's statement started with the opening of a semi-colon("I thought if you are a prophet, . . . .) but the semi-colon doesn't close at the end of her statement where she states (. . . .   i shall relieve people of you.) The following statement , ( When the apostle of Allah felt sick,. . . .    ) is actually another hadith because it's a new sentence and her statement finished with the period (.) after stating (. . .   i shall relieve the people of you.),  This clearly shows that the compiler actually lumped two(2) hadith together just to give people like you a false impression. Please note that this error is not from the hadith or from our Islamic Elders grin as you indicated above but the error is actually a deliberate attempt to give people like you an untrue information  

@plappville,  remember what i said earlier,  it's not your fault that you got gaullible but the compiler of the article is mischevious and wants to give people like you with little knowledge of islam a bad impression about islam. This also goes for many of the hadith you keep on posting and stating its from sahih bukhari and sahih muslim which i'm sure you haven't even read, I can go on and on and on

Don't get me wrong, the prophet got sick many atimes even before the poisoning and used to practice therapy (cupping) but the hadith above was not as a result of the poison but during one of those periods the prophet(saw) just like any other human being falls ill.
Re: Muhammad Poisoned By A Jew, Why Must He Die Poisoned, After All He Is A Beloved by plappville(f): 4:04pm On Jan 03, 2012
@ivoice247, u know nothing about Islam yet, u must read about Muhammed.
Article well writen and understood. Apart from this very article, there are several prove that Muhammed died of this poison. Why will Muslim even admit this? Of course any event that will defile the self claimed Prophet from matching the bible prophecy of Deut 18 must be rejected by Muslim even if the events are true.
The true is all over in the air, In Islam books, so u ve nothing to defend.
Re: Muhammad Poisoned By A Jew, Why Must He Die Poisoned, After All He Is A Beloved by ivoice247: 4:25pm On Jan 03, 2012
plappville:

@ivoice247, u know nothing about Islam yet, u must read about Muhammed.
Article well writen and understood. Apart from this very article, there are several prove that Muhammed died of this poison. Why will Muslim even admit this? Of course any event that will defile the self claimed Prophet from matching the bible prophecy of Deut 18 must be rejected by Muslim even if the events are true.
The true is all over in the air, In Islam books, so u ve nothing to defend.

PLEASE POST THE SEVERAL PROOFS AND I'LL GLADLY REPLY. I ENJOY YOUR POSTS AND SOON ENOUGH I'LL CONVINCE YOU MY FRIEND grin Please don't get me wrong, Muhammed(saw) was a human being and honoured servant of Allah, and muslims don't have a problem if he was poisoned and died as a result. Let him have been beheaded, stabbed to death, crucified, drowned etc whatever death allah prescribed for him would have surely come to pass and we don't mind because " Inna lilahi wa inna ilehi raji un"; all human beings (including all the prophets and Jesus(as) as well) come from Allah and we go back to Him

Which ever way he died does not concern us, what i'm trying to make you understand is that you are just copying hadith from all nuke and corner of the internet and pasting them to insinuate a conclusion that is false. @plappville, so what if prophet muhammed(saw) died from poison, we believe in prophet Zachariah and prophet Yayha (john the baptist) and both were murdered by the jews on the same day just like how they wanted to kill muhammed(saw) So what! Any muslim that does not believe in the prophethood of Zakariya and Yahya(as) will never smell the fragrance of paradise.
Re: Muhammad Poisoned By A Jew, Why Must He Die Poisoned, After All He Is A Beloved by ivoice247: 4:42pm On Jan 03, 2012
LagosShia:

the dishonety of the copy/paste and the author is very disgusting!

the christian missionary inserts his own words to make it seem the hadith is suggesting:

"The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to feel ill because of this food, and he would be treated with cupping for that". [/color]

how does the Prophet (sa) having treatement when he feels ill amount to his illness being from the poisoning? does "cupping" indicate a treatment only for poisoning?also,can poisoning be treated?if yes,he either survivded it for 3 years or died from it which was not the case!the opinions of those who think it was the poisoning he ate 3 years ago that caused his death,have no medical value.the poisoning could have had its effect.but definitely,what killed him was not the poisoning.a man poisoned is reported to be travelling as the above by Palappville shows.can you imagine a man under the influence of poison travelling with a donkey from Medinah to Makkah to perform pilgrimage?the Prophet (sa) underwent these journeys several times before his passing away!!!

@lagosShia, well said! Lets be patient with our christian friends, so they may understand and be guided. And allah has said:-
O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians): "Why do you mix truth with falsehood and conceal the truth while you know?"
( سورة آل عمران , Aal-e-Imran, Chapter #3, Verse #71)
Re: Muhammad Poisoned By A Jew, Why Must He Die Poisoned, After All He Is A Beloved by plappville(f): 7:12pm On Jan 03, 2012
Posted by: ivoice247: Which ever way he died does not concern us,  what i'm trying to make you understand is that you are just copying hadith from all nuke and corner of the internet and pasting them to insinuate a conclusion that is false. @plappville, so what if prophet muhammed(saw) died from poison,  we believe in prophet Zachariah and prophet Yayha (john the baptist) and both were murdered by the jews on the same day just like how they wanted to kill muhammed(saw) So what! Any muslim that does not believe in the prophethood of Zakariya and Yahya(as) will never smell the fragrance of paradise.

Their death is different from that of Muhammed. Muhammed was tested, the woman wanted to be sure if he was a true prophets. Failing to detect the poison before, made him a loser. What point did he showed to the woman?
Woman u are right, i ate the poison witout knowing! the prove is his death due to the pains he attains from the poison.

[b]There is one occasion like this in the bible, but as a true prophet of God was around, he prevented the evil from take place. This is a record of the Bible on event where the prophet Elisha saved certain other prophets from a harmful effects of poisonous food:

"Elisha returned to Gilgal and there was a famine in that region. While the company of the prophets was meeting with him, he said to his servant, 'Put on the large pot and cook some stew for these men.' One of them went out into the fields to gather herbs and found a wild vine. He gathered some of its gourds and filled the fold of his cloak. When he returned, he cut them up into the pot of stew, though no one knew what they were. The stew was poured out for the men, but as they began to eat it, they cried out, 'O man of God, there is death in the pot!' And they could not eat it. Elisha said, 'Get some flour.' He put it into the pot and said, 'Serve it to the people to eat.' And there was nothing harmful in the pot." 2 Kings 4:38-41 NIV

Why couldn't Muhammad have done the same for his friend if he was truly a prophet like the OT prophets?[/b]

U are saying your Muslim fellows wontmake heaven, how? u all insult Jesus, this makes u a perfect Muslim, so they will make Islam paradise.
Re: Muhammad Poisoned By A Jew, Why Must He Die Poisoned, After All He Is A Beloved by plappville(f): 7:34pm On Jan 03, 2012
@lagoShia:the dishonety of the copy/paste and the author is very disgusting!

U can ask the book that recorded it those question.

I ve quetion to ask u as a defendant. U are now claiming that Aisha, Muhamme, Anas and other authors etc etc. didn’t know what they were talking about? Do u know better than Muhammad the victim himself? he explicitly says that he felt the effect of that poison many times, and he himself attributes his death to the poison.

Was Muhammad unconscience, that he simply imagined this even though it was not true?
Are u therefore accusing Mohammad and his friends of being ignorant since u know more than they did regarding the effects of poison, example,

U say, that it is not possible for him to be harmed and die by the poisoned food eaten three (3) years earlier?

In this case, Maybe u are suggesting that he has adopted the initial position of Osama Abdallah who basically slandered Muhammad, Aisha his wife, and Allahs’s angels for wrongly believing that Mohamad was "bewitched" when in reality he was suffering from Alzheimer’s disease. Whice of this do u @LagosShia belived leads to his death?

Sahih Al-Bukhari: Volume 7, Book 71, Number 661:

Narrated 'Aisha: Magic was worked on Allah's Apostle so that he began to imagine that he had done something although he had not. One day while he was with me, he invoked Allah and invoked for a long period and then said, "O 'Aisha! Do you know that Allah has instructed me regarding the matter I asked Him about?" I asked, "What is that, O Allah's Apostle?" He said, "Two men came to me; one of them sat near my head and the other sat near my feet. One of them asked his companion, 'What is the disease of this man?' The other replied, 'He is under the effect of magic.'

This kind of prophet with strange tales  grin
Re: Muhammad Poisoned By A Jew, Why Must He Die Poisoned, After All He Is A Beloved by LagosShia: 8:09pm On Jan 03, 2012
plappville:

I ve quetion to ask u as a defendant. U are now claiming that Aisha, Muhamme, Anas and other authors etc etc. didn’t know what they were talking about? Do u know better than Muhammad the victim himself? he explicitly says that he felt the effect of that poison many times, and he himself attributes his death to the poison.

Was Muhammad unconscience, that he simply imagined this even though it was not true?
Are u therefore accusing Mohammad and his friends of being ignorant since u know more than they did regarding the effects of poison, example,

U say, that it is not possible for him to be harmed and die by the poisoned food eaten three (3) years earlier?

In this case, Maybe u are suggesting that he has adopted the initial position of Osama Abdallah who basically slandered Muhammad, Aisha his wife, and Allahs’s angels for wrongly believing that Mohamad was "bewitched" when in reality he was suffering from Alzheimer’s disease. Whice of this do u @LagosShia belived leads to his death?

Narrated 'Aisha: Magic was worked on Allah's Apostle so that he began to imagine that he had done something although he had not. One day while he was with me, he invoked Allah and invoked for a long period and then said, "O 'Aisha! Do you know that Allah has instructed me regarding the matter I asked Him about?" I asked, "What is that, O Allah's Apostle?" He said, "Two men came to me; one of them sat near my head and the other sat near my feet. One of them asked his companion, 'What is the disease of this man?' The other replied, 'He is under the effect of magic.'

when you take each and every hadith as absoulte truth,that is what you end up with.

you dont even have to ask me,because i dont look twice at "sahih bukhari".i am shia and not sunni.

besides,the Prophet (sa) feeling the effect and dying as a result are different things.with the many details already given,i dont know what you're looking for.may be the wrath of God!

even if we are to assume that he died from poisoning after 3 years and after under the alleged influence of poison he still made many desert journey on the back of animals over long distances,both Jesus and John the Baptist to your acknowledgement and belief were killed.so were they false?

This kind of prophet with strange tales grin
"New Testament (bible) Fairytale Or Horror Story"?!
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-830551.0.html
Re: Muhammad Poisoned By A Jew, Why Must He Die Poisoned, After All He Is A Beloved by ivoice247: 12:35am On Jan 04, 2012
plappville:

This kind of prophet with strange tales  grin

Yes, this is an authentic hadith and correct. BUT I DON"T UNDERSTAND YOUR POINT HERE? This magic the hadith is referring to is different from the poisoning of the jewish woman and this magic did not kill him. If you read other narrations of this hadith you'll come to understand that the two men were angels who came in human form to inform him that magic was worked on him.

But we've said it times without number that muhammed(saw) was a human being just like all the other prophets and he used to fall sick, get hungry, cry, feel pain etc etc. The jews and the unbelievers tried to kill him just as they tried to kill other prophets in the bible and succeeded. They also crucified prophet jesus(as) according to your bible (but muslims don't believe jesus(as) was crucified). But the fact that they were killed, still doesn't debunk the fact that they were prophets. As the quran has explained in the following verses below

Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وسلم) is no more than a messenger, and indeed (many) messengers have passed away before him. If he dies or is killed, will you then turn back on your heels (as disbelievers)? And he who turns back on his heels, not the least harm will he do to Allah; and Allah will give reward to those who are grateful.
(  سورة آل عمران  , Aal-e-Imran, Chapter #3, Verse #144)
Re: Muhammad Poisoned By A Jew, Why Must He Die Poisoned, After All He Is A Beloved by ivoice247: 12:45am On Jan 04, 2012
plappville:

@ivoice247, there is nothing Muslims scholars dont refute, the truth still stands.

Ofcourse muslim scholars will always refute falsehood. What truth still stands? Or you mean ,  Your assumption still stands

Even the errors of the kuran were all refuted by Islam scholars  grin grin

Okay, here we go again. Post the so called errors in the quran and i'll give you a reply inshallah.
Re: Muhammad Poisoned By A Jew, Why Must He Die Poisoned, After All He Is A Beloved by plappville(f): 3:28pm On Jan 05, 2012
Posted by: ivoice247: Yes, this is an authentic hadith and correct. BUT I DON"T UNDERSTAND YOUR POINT HERE? This magic the hadith is referring to is different from the poisoning of the jewish woman and this magic did not kill him. If you read other narrations of this hadith you'll come to understand that the two men were angels who came in human form to inform him that magic was worked on him.

But we've said it times without number that muhammed(saw) was a human being just like all the other prophets and he used to fall sick, get hungry, cry, feel pain etc etc. The jews and the unbelievers tried to kill him just as they tried to kill other prophets in the bible and succeeded. They also crucified prophet jesus(as) according to your bible (but muslims don't believe jesus(as) was crucified). But the fact that they were killed, still doesn't debunk the fact that they were prophets. As the quran has explained in the following verses below

My point is that, as LagosShia has denied the hadith that speaks about the poison as in result of the prophets death. I now shipped in this other incident in the hadith, sugesting maybe the course of Muhammeds death. But LagosShia denied it still. But u are here saying the opposite. So Muslims have many bodies?

As for the Muslims denying Christ crusifision contradicts the bible and History. No one can tell u he knows ur father better than u do. Even pagan historians, recorded Christ crusifision, so the fact that Muslim do not believe makes Islam the true false Doctrine Jesus spoke about.
Re: Muhammad Poisoned By A Jew, Why Must He Die Poisoned, After All He Is A Beloved by plappville(f): 3:32pm On Jan 05, 2012

@ivoice247, there is nothing Muslims scholars dont refute, the truth still stands.

Ofcourse muslim scholars will always refute falsehood. What truth still stands? Or you mean , Your assumption still stands

Even the errors of the kuran were all refuted by Islam scholars

Okay, here we go again. Post the so called errors in the quran and i'll give you a reply inshallah.

The truth that the scripture cannot be denied, That Christ is the only way to salvation. Error in the Kuran will be treated alsewhere if u want, we ve to mentain this thread.
Re: Muhammad Poisoned By A Jew, Why Must He Die Poisoned, After All He Is A Beloved by amakaikeng(f): 3:33pm On Jan 05, 2012
ehmmm
Re: Muhammad Poisoned By A Jew, Why Must He Die Poisoned, After All He Is A Beloved by plappville(f): 3:49pm On Jan 05, 2012
LagosShia:

when you take each and every hadith as absoulte truth,that is what you end up with.

you dont even have to ask me,because i dont look twice at "sahih bukhari".i am shia and not sunni.

besides,the Prophet (sa) feeling the effect and dying as a result are different things.with the many details already given,i dont know what you're looking for.may be the wrath of God!

even if we are to assume that he died from poisoning after 3 years and after under the alleged influence of poison he still made many desert journey on the back of animals over long distances,both Jesus and John the Baptist to your acknowledgement and belief were killed.so were they false?"New Testament (bible) Fairytale Or Horror Story"?!
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-830551.0.html

U are a true radical Muslim, the hadith u are hiding id the one after the Quran if i am not mistaking, u are rejecting it because, it tells the truth about Muhammeds and Islam laws. U denied it, but ur Co-muslim claim its the good one. So tell me, are they many dodies in Islam? which one is higher than the other then?

Feeling the effect is same as diying as a result is same thing. The poison distroyed his body system, even though he suvivied it several yrs with medication. Poisonous pains, are periodic, not all poison persist. many people today are living with poison in their body, of course they do normal things like everyone, but they may not ve hope of living longer.

Jesus death was predicted, the Jews did not pretendingly planed his death, they openly did, and Jesus could ve rebuked them if he wishes, because there was no concret allegations, but everything has to go accordlly.

John The Baptist death was as a result of oat, It was a must for Aarod to fulfill his promise. Both Christ and John were did not suffer poisonous pains before thier death. And they were both killed by men with physical strenght.
This has nothing to do with Muhammed dieing in a woman's lap (Aisha) and poison by a woman.
Re: Muhammad Poisoned By A Jew, Why Must He Die Poisoned, After All He Is A Beloved by ivoice247: 6:06pm On Jan 05, 2012
plappville:

U are a true radical Muslim, the hadith u are hiding id the one after the Quran if i am not mistaking, u are rejecting it because, it tells the truth about Muhammeds and Islam laws. U denied it, but your Co-muslim claim its the good one. So tell me, are they many dodies in Islam? which one is higher than the
other then?

Yes, there are some bodies in islam that don't believe in many hadith contained in sahih bukhari, and the ones you quoted are some hadith that LagosShia doesn't believe in. 

Feeling the effect is same as diying as a result is same thing. The poison distroyed his body system, even though he suvivied it several yrs with medication. Poisonous pains, are periodic, not all poison persist. many people today are living with poison in their body, of course they do normal things like everyone, but they may not ve hope of living longer.

You're still making assumptions. According to all the hadith you quoted earlier in the thread, the posion was to get rid of him by killing him if he wasn't a prophet or he be warned if he was a prophet. And the undeniable fact was the poisoned lamb warned him by speaking to him and  he wasn't killed nor gotten rid of as he later went on to conquer Mecca with 10,000 men and islam spread even wider than before the poisoning and Islam is still spreading. So what did the jewish woman get rid off?

Secondly, the fact is the prophet died 3yrs later when God ordained him to die and was granted a choice of paradise or to stay on earth. The fact too is that he felt pains attributable to the poison but To say he died of the poison is an assumption which you cannot substantiate with the hadith you quoted

This unfounded claim resembles the ones the jews claim against jesus(as). Till today, the jews still believe jesus(as) was not a prophet neither a messiah that's why they killed him and got rid of him. But you and i know that's not the fact. abi?

Jesus death was predicted, the Jews did not pretendingly planed his death, they openly did, and Jesus could ve rebuked them if he wishes, because there was no concret allegations, but everything has to go accordlly.

You see, you even make assumptions in your own faith that jesus(as) predicted his own death. Please lets stick to the facts. According to the bk of mathew, he difinitely didn't want to die. See verse below

mathew 27:46;-  And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?   

Matthew 26:39;- "My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass away from me. Yet, not as I will, but as you will."

John The Baptist death was as a result of oat, It was a must for Aarod to fulfill his promise. Both Christ and John were did not suffer poisonous pains before thier death. And they were both killed by men with physical strenght.
This has nothing to do with Muhammed dieing in a woman's lap (Aisha) and poison by a woman.

Your comparison here is baseless and i see you are just discussing without logical facts. Are you saying because the prophet (saw) died on (aisha's) his wife's lap makes him a false or lesser prophet. Are we then to say; because jesus(as) was crucified makes him a lesser prophet than the prophets that came in the past that were not crucified nor killed.

BY THE WAY, MUSLIMS DON'T BELIEVE JESUS(AS) WAS CRUCIFIED AS ALLAH DID SEND THE ANGELS TO RESCUE HIM AS ALLAH STATED IN THE QURAN:-

And because of their saying (in boast), "We killed Messiah 'Îsa (JESUS), son of Maryam (Mary), the Messenger of Allah," - but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but it appeared so to them [the resemblance of 'Îsa (JESUS) was put over another man (and they killed that man)], and those who differ therein are full of doubts. They have no (certain) knowledge, they follow nothing but conjecture. For surely; they killed him not [i.e. 'Îsa (JESUS), son of Maryam (Mary) عليهما السلام]:
(  سورة النساء  , An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #157)
Re: Muhammad Poisoned By A Jew, Why Must He Die Poisoned, After All He Is A Beloved by plappville(f): 5:50pm On Jan 10, 2012
above all that you wrote, i will only comment on your ignorance, U ve been brainwashed by a self claimed Prophet. What the Bible teaches about Jesus Muhammed denied them and formed his own tales to distroy Christianity. He could have succided if he has gotten the change to burn all bible, but Sorry, the divine word of God stands, and no man can distroy it phisical or spiritual.

BY THE WAY, MUSLIMS DON'T BELIEVE JESUS(AS) WAS CRUCIFIED AS ALLAH DID SEND THE ANGELS TO RESCUE HIM AS ALLAH STATED IN THE QURAN:-

Where in The bible or other historic book was it RECODED that Jesus was not crucified apart from the Quran? If u dont believe, it is because u have put your mind in the dark. The words of Christ plainly pronounced his death and resurrection yet Muhammed denied everything. This is the greatest mistake he ever did in the Quran.

1 Peter 2:21 To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps.
Jesus was showed Love, Peace, He forgave sinners He never condemned anyone to death by actions . Did Muhammed followed Christ Steps? NO.

Jesus said "I am the door; if any one enters by me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture."(RSV)

Jesus answered "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

"Salvation is found in no one else, (only Jesus Christ) for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved."

", but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

"Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him."

He plainly stated in the verses you are seeing that, He is the only way, in which any man can see God. So the coming of any other Prophet like Muhammed, Mormon and others are not needed. The only way, they could try to gain souls, is to condemn that the Bible is corrupted, and some fellows like you believed thier revelations are true. As you believe in Muhammed , so do Mormons follwers Believed in him. They are all the false prophets Jesus told us about. None is exception.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Toba Speaks On Why He Is Attracted To Muslim Girls And Would Like To Marry One / I think i am losing my faith to Atheism, i need guidance urgently. / Types Of People You Will Find In The Ablution Center

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 347
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.