Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,943 members, 7,806,722 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:51 PM

Building A Large Duplex In Enugu - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building A Large Duplex In Enugu (63303 Views)

Building A 2 Bedroom Flat / Cost Of Building A Four Bedroom Bungalow From Foundation. / Twin Duplex In Aso Rock Villa For Lease In Abuja With Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:24pm On Jan 05, 2012
the stones, how can you dig a cheap borehole through these stones and charge 150k, at a depth of 600+ feet before you hit water, passing through coal deposits?

Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:26pm On Jan 05, 2012
more digging

Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:35pm On Jan 05, 2012
more

Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:37pm On Jan 05, 2012
more

Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:39pm On Jan 05, 2012
more

Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:41pm On Jan 05, 2012
more

Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:44pm On Jan 05, 2012
more

Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:49pm On Jan 05, 2012
more

Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 12:02am On Jan 06, 2012
I always like to think outside the box, and after looking this site over this morning, I think the best way to correct this type of level imbalance is to place an underground floor of some rooms at the lowest point of this foundation. By doing this, you have achieved two things, you have created new rooms/store/boys quarter from nowhere and secondly, the space you create means that you will not buy as much filling sand as before. I am looking at 15-20 trips of filling sand to be used here but this quantity could be greatly reduced if we have one floor underneath, deck the rooms and then balance up the house as normal and build your normal duplex on the deck as it is in the house plans.

Then my architect who is also present is suggesting another pattern to me this evening, redesigning the house to sit on two floor levels, amending the plans and avoiding the underground option. The landlord of this house is around on site and is being carried along as we plan.
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by princeonx: 1:11am On Jan 06, 2012
Ol'boy from the look of this land, the foundation through german floor will be the toughest challenge. this na one serious uneven land for real
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 1:20am On Jan 06, 2012
What a beauty . . . keep it up.
basement wont be a bad idea at all to fix the irregular level of the ground
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by Jussi(m): 1:07pm On Jan 06, 2012
Quality of the 3/4 gravel is superb!
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 2:28pm On Jan 06, 2012
Marking attendance for more learning
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 2:50pm On Jan 06, 2012
@ Jussi, I loved the stone, I couldnt contain my joy when the driver showed me this stone, best quality I have used. And the price? Just N22k for trip, very good bargain.
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 3:20pm On Jan 06, 2012
^^ Your being open cant be matched by none . . . Wish all Nigerians could be this open. . . we need to hurry and do business together
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 9:44pm On Jan 06, 2012
updates

Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 9:47pm On Jan 06, 2012
more

Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 9:49pm On Jan 06, 2012
more

Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 12:40am On Jan 07, 2012
Loving it and looking good while we learning . . . thanks
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jan 07, 2012
@spyder, how much do u charge for borehole drilling?
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 6:33pm On Jan 07, 2012
^^^ although I dont own any drilling rig or equipment, I have helped someone survey his proposed site for drilling. (Geophysical survey)

From what I learnt about Enugu lands, it could cost you millions to drill your borehole, and you are not even sure of getting water at the end of the day!

The only area in Enugu where water is certain and very clean is the Ninth mile area.
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 6:36pm On Jan 07, 2012
Yeeeeeeeeh! And we hit front page!
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by erico2k2(m): 6:40pm On Jan 07, 2012
spyder880:

^^^ although I dont own any drilling rig or equipment, I have helped someone survey his proposed site for drilling. (Geophysical survey)

From what I learnt about Enugu lands, it could cost you millions to drill your borehole, and you are not even sure of getting water at the end of the day!

The only area in Enugu where water is certain and very clean is the Ninth mile area.
nah 9th mile is even harder, there is a place in Enugu that has normal soil,I have 4gotten whats its called, there are even wells there, my Uni days was in Enugu state my mate lived in that area I have 4gotten its name damn lol now as regards the inbalaance of the area bringging in a bulldozer+grader would have innitially solved this problem, you did not think about it properly regarding the issue of lose soil, you should have considered mesurring and collecting data of the lowest point of the plot that way you dig to that level, xtra sand you get would be used to fill in and the foundation would have started at the lowest point ie 4-6ft downwards from that lowest point and the emerging sand used to refill it to the formal level
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by fasa2020(m): 6:59pm On Jan 07, 2012
spyder880:

Yeeeeeeeeh! And we hit front page!

dont know why that surprised you, you doing a valuable job here ! THREAD BOOKMARKED !
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by nedu210(m): 7:02pm On Jan 07, 2012
oboy is not dat hard to get water in enugu check out places like Abakpa, Trans Ekulu, Emene, Garriki, Asata.
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by SirJohn(m): 7:06pm On Jan 07, 2012
erico2k2:

nah 9th mile is even harder, there is a place in Enugu that has normal soil,I have 4gotten whats its called, there are even wells there, my Uni days was in Enugu state my mate lived in that area I have 4gotten its name damn lol now as regards the inbalaance of the area bringging in a bulldozer+grader would have innitially solved this problem, you did not think about it properly regarding the issue of lose soil, you should have considered mesurring and collecting data of the lowest point of the plot that way you dig to that level, xtra sand you get would be used to fill in and the foundation would have started at the lowest point ie 4-6ft downwards from that lowest point and the emerging sand used to refill it to the formal level

On the contrary, 9th mile (Udi area) is known for water, even the state has a water reservoir there; again, companies that require water as their main raw material (coca-cola, pepsi, nigeiria brewries, guiness) all have production plants and depos at 9th mile
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by Gekko(m): 7:18pm On Jan 07, 2012
Inspiring stuff you doing here o oga spyder! Thanks for sharing.
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by ambyzown(m): 7:19pm On Jan 07, 2012
Hmmmm nice. How can I contact you?
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 7:31pm On Jan 07, 2012
Marking register for more learning
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by Eifeh(m): 7:33pm On Jan 07, 2012
Nice work but there is water in some area like gariki and some other path
Re: Building A Large Duplex In Enugu by Blackteeth(m): 7:51pm On Jan 07, 2012
@spyder880. Please whats the difference between a well and a borehole? I thought they both depend on underground water.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_well

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

How Is The Square Feet (sft) Of Plots/lands Converted To Square Metres (sqm)? / How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira / How Much Is Your House Rent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.