Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:17 AM

Let Us Make Man In Our Image, How Many Were They (god) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Let Us Make Man In Our Image, How Many Were They (god) (7115 Views)

God Created Man In His Own Image, How True Is This Statement? / God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image / We Are Made In God's Image: How? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let Us Make Man In Our Image, How Many Were They (god) by Shanay(f): 2:31am On Jan 08, 2012
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt][font=OldMan Book Style][sup]I believe u are not here to drag winning position my dear? You already known inside your heart that GOD is to be blame and point fingers on for everything going on in the World either good or bad .

God is not to blame. He gives us free will just as he gave to Satan. Some of us choose to do the wrong things which removes us from Gods grace, just as Satan was removed. It is like you are an adult now so your mother and father no longer make you follow their rules. They hope that they have done a good job teaching you right from wrong, but at the end of the day you decide if you are going to do right or if you are going to do wrong. This makes Satan to blame for his removal from heaven and makes us humans to blame for everything that is going on in the world good or bad. Not because we are the creator, but because we are given the choices by the creator.
Re: Let Us Make Man In Our Image, How Many Were They (god) by Shanay(f): 2:47am On Jan 08, 2012
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]If GOD is all-knowing he would have known before hand that bringing or throwing SATAN down here to the earth would disturb us and also makes us to do what he doesn't like or love us to do . GOD would have , i mean for peace to reign to throw SATAN to one of those other 9 planets out there . ( Mercury , Pluto , Venus , etc ) -- remember , before GOD threw SATAN from heaven he gave him special powers and GOD didn't take those powers from him why should GOD think we can disobey SATAN that is with us here on earth while he's up there inside heaven complaining and grumbling whenever we OBEY! master SATAN. . . If GOD is tired of SATAN he knows what to do . we're waiting for the time when that so called GOD would clean the same evil he have created -- You boldly wrote that i can't win u but i wonder how u and your GOD can defeat SATAN and all his hard working agent (s) like me grin grin[/size]
Of course God could take the powers from Satan at any time, but why would he do that. The powers are not that special because we here on earth have the same gifts and are able to do the same works good or bad. If you choose to follow Satan that is your choice, but he has no more power than you. Satan is no more capable of doing evil than you. For us that choose to serve God in the Bible it says that greater works than these shall we do in Jesus name. It also says we can do all things through Christ that strengthens us. Our God is not an overbearing father, he is a father that guides his children with Love.
Re: Let Us Make Man In Our Image, How Many Were They (god) by Shanay(f): 3:13am On Jan 08, 2012
inedi:

Hello, all what am trying to establish is the fact that, in Heaven at the time of creation, Jesus was not there, some have said that in heaven Jesus was there, the Holy Spirit and God also. And that is why the phrase let Us, and that the Us was these three personalities. But if we understand very well the scripture we will understand that Jesus was not there as the son of God ( Jesus) He was the spoken word of God and as you can not separate a man from His word, Jesus at that time was the word God that later became flesh in John 1. And that is why father son and the holy spirit are one. Like I said before you can not separate a man from his spirit and his word.
Jesus was not there at the time of creation, God is the holy spirit there was only one there. The us was inserted by the early Roman Catholics if I can remember my readings correctly. I was raised catholic so imagine my dismay when I found this out. This is why you see in the Bible sometimes God will be represented as a plural and others God will be represented as singular. God and the Holy Spirit are one, but Jesus is another. Jesus is human and divine he has the spirit of his father, and the human carnal nature of his mother.
Re: Let Us Make Man In Our Image, How Many Were They (god) by Nobody: 3:34am On Jan 08, 2012
Shanay:

Jesus was not there at the time of creation, God is the holy spirit there was only one there. The us was inserted by the early Roman Catholics if I can remember my readings correctly. I was raised catholic so imagine my dismay when I found this out. This is why you see in the Bible sometimes God will be represented as a plural and others God will be represented as singular. God and the Holy Spirit are one, but Jesus is another. Jesus is human and divine he has the spirit of his father, and the human carnal nature of his mother.

Then try to explain away these verses :

"He was with God in the beginning."God created everything through him, and nothing was created except through him." - John 1:2-3

John 1:10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him.

Colossians 1:16 For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him.

Hebrews 1:2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe.
Re: Let Us Make Man In Our Image, How Many Were They (god) by Shanay(f): 3:44am On Jan 08, 2012
frosbel:

"He was with God in the beginning."God created everything through him, and nothing was created except through him." - John 1:2-3
It is easy to take one or two verses out of a full chapter to make your own point, but the it actually reads John 1:1-3 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him (God); and without him was not anything made that was made.
Re: Let Us Make Man In Our Image, How Many Were They (god) by Shanay(f): 3:58am On Jan 08, 2012
frosbel:

John 1:10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him.
John 1:6-11 There was a Man sent from God, whose name was John. The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe. He (John) was not the Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. 10. He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. 11. He came unto his own, and his own received him not. now if we will go back up to John 1:4 In him (God) was life; and the life was the light life was the light of men. We will see that in God, which is the Holy spirit was the light. We know that the light is Jesus, but he did not become Jesus until he was born of Mary's womb. Which means that Jesus was not there at creation only God who is the Holy Spirit.
Re: Let Us Make Man In Our Image, How Many Were They (god) by Shanay(f): 4:30am On Jan 08, 2012
frosbel:

Colossians 1:16 For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him.

I will start with Colossians 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: 16 For by him (God) were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him (God): Jesus is the image of the invisible God. We know that Jesus was born of a human, but with the divine spirit. I believe that each human being has a spirit of their own which will go to heaven when we die. Jesus had the divine spirit (Holy spirit which is God). Well when Jesus died he gave up the ghost or the spirit. the Spirit then returned to heaven to be reconciled unto itself. Which means Jesus was still not there at creation.
Re: Let Us Make Man In Our Image, How Many Were They (god) by Shanay(f): 4:45am On Jan 08, 2012
frosbel:

Hebrews 1:2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe.
Hebrews 1:1-3 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, Hath in these last spoken unto us by his son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high; Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
Re: Let Us Make Man In Our Image, How Many Were They (god) by inedi: 6:50am On Jan 08, 2012
It is possible that the us were the actual words of God or it could also be a problem of interpretation or translation
Re: Let Us Make Man In Our Image, How Many Were They (god) by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:35pm On Jan 11, 2012
[size=13pt]You said GOD could take the POWERS he gave SATAN from him but why didnt he take it. . . huh? grin . Like u cqn see your speech is so bent like your GOD! . You saying GOD could take the powers from SATAN is a big lie from the pit of Heaven . The reason why GOD should take the powers from SATAN is to put an end to all his Works . . .i believe u and i knows GOD dunno like the Works of SATAN so why on earth should he carelessly leave the powers with him? IF SATAN is still having that powers that means GOD is totally powerless - cool[/size]

Shanay:

Of course God could take the powers from Satan at any time, but why would he do that. The powers are not that special because we here on earth have the same gifts and are able to do the same works good or bad. If you choose to follow Satan that is your choice, but he has no more power than you. Satan is no more capable of doing evil than you. For us that choose to serve God in the Bible it says that greater works than these shall we do in Jesus name. It also says we can do all things through Christ that strengthens us. Our God is not an overbearing father, he is a father that guides his children with Love.

Re: Let Us Make Man In Our Image, How Many Were They (god) by inedi: 8:56am On Jan 13, 2012
When God gives a gift, he does not take back
Re: Let Us Make Man In Our Image, How Many Were They (god) by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:35pm On Jan 19, 2012
[size=13pt]GOD gives nothing good -- besides , he has nothing to offer to the World except pure evil . [/size]
inedi:

When God gives a gift, he does not take back
Re: Let Us Make Man In Our Image, How Many Were They (god) by newmi(m): 2:33pm On Jan 20, 2012
Jesus didn't exist before or after the creation rather it was "The Word", "The Father", and "The Spirit".
John 1:1-5
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend[a] it.

When "The Word" ". . . became flesh. . ." then the Person of "The Word" was named or called JESUS according to the intruction of the Angel
John 1:14
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Luke 1:31
"And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS"

Matthew 1:24
24 Then Joseph, being aroused from sleep, did as the angel of the Lord commanded him and took to him his wife, 25 and did not know her till she had brought forth her firstborn Son.[b] And he called His name JESUS
Re: Let Us Make Man In Our Image, How Many Were They (god) by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:25pm On Jan 20, 2012
[size=13pt]We dunno care about Jesus. . . his time is off . wink[/size]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should A Sinner Go For Evangelism ? / How Helpful Has Nairaland Religion Section Been To You / How Hindu Gods Became Overlapped With Vodun Gods In West Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.