Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,985 members, 7,806,870 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:39 AM

Nigerian Youths Arise - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Youths Arise (1105 Views)

Buhari Speaks To ARISE TV On New Cabinet, Saraki, Others / Port Harcourt "Youths Arise" / Nigerian Youths Arise Movement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Youths Arise by sexy74(m): 11:08am On Jan 02, 2012
In every generation the youth have a say in what happens during the cause of history but the Nigerian situation is nothing to write home about. The old hags which we have as leaders have little or no care for the youth of Nigeria and on the side of the Nigerian youth they are satisfied with what they have, which is constantly taken from them yearly.

The old hags started to first destroy our education which is usually the strong hold of every society that wants to grow. Education in Nigeria is no more a necessity but a luxury for the rich while the poor stay and watch from afar. By destroying our education they make our future bleak. During their own time they had education with facilities to go with it which they paid little or nothing for, but today the reverse is the case you pay with no facilities to go with it.

Nigeria youths

How many of you can afford a new pair of shoe?

How many of you can boast of three balanced meals a day?

How many of you have access to good health facilities?

How many of you can have power (electricity) a whole day to carry out an activity?

How many of you have access to good and qualitative education?

Not been able to afford a pair of shoe to me means that you will never be stable, this is due to the fact that no second hand shoe has a flat sole because it has been eaten up and the person putting it on can never be stable in life.

Not been able to have three balanced meals make you impoverished and have no energy to work or fight for your right because the energy which you should have used for that is wasted to put food to the belly.

Not having access to good health facilities means whenever you are ill death is calling by the door and you are at the mercies of the illness.
Not having access to power(electricity) means nothing can be built or developed by you because for there to be development power has to be available.

Not having access to good and qualitative education means you have no future. Education here does not only mean having paper qualification but been educated to know what is right or wrong and been able to stand up whenever injustice arises.

The essence of youthfulness is been able to use our energy positively and been able to contribute to nation building, so I call on the nation youth to arise and fight for their future and say no to all this injustices happening to us.

Any country that wants a bright future develops its youth and empowers them to do exploit.
Re: Nigerian Youths Arise by eddydey(m): 11:32am On Jan 02, 2012
Where do we start the fight,who do we fight? Just asking.lol
Re: Nigerian Youths Arise by sexy74(m): 12:50pm On Jan 02, 2012
The fight starts from within ourselves first by standing up against injustice and really go outside and make our feelings known.
Our revolution might not be the arab type but we can do it the nigerian way. Just because something does not affect us does not mean its ok.
The multiplier effect is what we should at not the cost of the petrol only.
People might die for this(even if it has to be) but victory will come.
The earlier we unite the better for us all and our generation unborn.
Re: Nigerian Youths Arise by freecocoa(f): 1:01pm On Jan 02, 2012
^
Easier said than done,"people will die for this" who is willing to die? I know I'm not especially for "ONE NIGERIA" ,its pretty glaring that this country is going nowhere,why should I perish with it? If we are talking about BIAFRA then call on me.
Re: Nigerian Youths Arise by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 1:06pm On Jan 02, 2012
grin grin

ROTFLMAO arise ko arise ni. My parents have good use for me that was why they made me, and not to perish for fat politicians.
Re: Nigerian Youths Arise by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jan 02, 2012
More like Nigerian Youths arise and be massacred grin
Re: Nigerian Youths Arise by sexy74(m): 1:17pm On Jan 02, 2012
For there to be change action has to be taken even if it has to do with the loss of lifes and property for a better future for ourselves and children unborn.
The more we have fear the more die though not by gun fire but by lack of amenities. As they always say in a local palance all die na die.
Stand up and fight for what is right.
Re: Nigerian Youths Arise by freecocoa(f): 1:20pm On Jan 02, 2012
^
Guy abeg relax go drink one bottle,I'm sure your brain go settle after that.
Re: Nigerian Youths Arise by sexy74(m): 1:39pm On Jan 02, 2012
@ freecocoa
It has nothing to do with cooling down with a bottle of beer but facing reality that's what am saying.
We have to change our ideology to move our life ahead, chickening out will not help so awake the fighting and strong will in you and opt for something good for your life and that of unborn children.
Re: Nigerian Youths Arise by Afam4eva(m): 1:48pm On Jan 02, 2012
Lmao @ arise and be massacred

Nigeria is one country I won't dare die protecting and I'm sure most Nigerians think the same way. Nigeria means relatively nothing to me. So arising aka killing my self does not suffice. Call me when you're ready to fight for the dissolvement of this union.
Re: Nigerian Youths Arise by sexy74(m): 1:52pm On Jan 02, 2012
@ afam4eva
do you think that the people carrying the guns are free from this problem.
as it bites you it bites them too, we ll have to stand up against this.
Re: Nigerian Youths Arise by freecocoa(f): 1:57pm On Jan 02, 2012
sexy74:

@ freecocoa
It has nothing to do with cooling down with a bottle of beer but facing reality that's what am saying.
We have to change our ideology to move our life ahead, chickening out will not help so awake the fighting and strong will in you and opt for something good for your life and that of unborn children.
O boy listen to me,which unborn children are you talking about? The ones I'll have in the grave?duh! I can't risk my life for a country that is as heartless as this,I'm not arising for anything here,the only thing I can arise for is BIAFRA and before I do so sef I'd have gone to india to get odeshi,that's my final answer.
Re: Nigerian Youths Arise by koruji(m): 1:58pm On Jan 02, 2012
These responses are very disappointing. Even if you cannot join the call why can't you just keep your puerile opinions to yourself instead of making jest of serious matters.

There is a curse on this nation called Nigeria for sure.

freecocoa:

^
Easier said than done,"people will die for this" who is willing to die? I know I'm not especially for "ONE NIGERIA" ,its pretty glaring that this country is going nowhere,why should I perish with it? If we are talking about BIAFRA then call on me.

Bliss4Lyfe:

grin grin

ROTFLMAO arise ko arise ni. My parents have good use for me that was why they made me, and not to perish for fat politicians.

frosbel:

More like Nigerian Youths arise and be massacred grin

freecocoa:

^
Guy abeg relax go drink one bottle,I'm sure your brain go settle after that.

sexy74:

@ freecocoa

afam4eva:

Lmao @ arise and be massacred

Nigeria is one country I won't dare die protecting and I'm sure most Nigerians think the same way. Nigeria means relatively nothing to me. So arising aka killing my self does not suffice. Call me when you're ready to fight for the dissolvement of this union.
Re: Nigerian Youths Arise by freecocoa(f): 2:06pm On Jan 02, 2012
koruji:

These responses are very disappointing. Even if you cannot join the call why can't you just keep your puerile opinions to yourself instead of making jest of serious matters.

There is a curse on this nation called Nigeria for sure.

You think its childish to want to not die? If you are tired and ready for death,must you drag people along with you? I'm not ready to die especially not willingly, by sacrificing myself for a country that will not even know I died for its sake. You think its to sit in front of a computer and type trash?why not start it? I'm sure OP will follow,after all only 2 of you can make a difference, it took David just one stone to kill Goliath.nansense.
Re: Nigerian Youths Arise by koruji(m): 2:28pm On Jan 02, 2012
Nobody is dragging anybody, stop getting ahead of yourself. Even if the OP is going to die - God forbid, do you think infantile jest-making is what you should be doing.

One man started the Egyptian revolution - he couldn't take it anymore and set himself on fire. If that were Nigeria you fools will make jest of him and say he wasted his life. In Egypt, it sparked a revolution that toppled a seemingly undefeatable 40+ years government and gave Egypt the option of a new direction.

Isn't it sad that the OP's list are similar to what a Nigerian said was wrong with his life on facebook leading him to commit suicide on Xmas day. He couldn't get a good job, he felt hopeless and took that unenviable option to get out. Do you understand that many other Nigerians are in the same situation as we speak?

Yet, GEJ and his advisers sit in Aso Rock talking high fallutin crap about jobs, refineries and power supply - all their promises so far have been flat.

All I am saying is, if you can't participate don't make jest of those who are at least trying something - even if it is the so-called "internet warriors".

freecocoa:

You think its childish to want to not die? If you are tired and ready for death,must you drag people along with you? I'm not ready to die especially not willingly, by sacrificing myself for a country that will not even know I died for its sake. You think its to sit in front of a computer and type trash?why not start it? I'm sure OP will follow,after all only 2 of you can make a difference, it took David just one stone to kill Goliath.nansense.
Re: Nigerian Youths Arise by freecocoa(f): 2:44pm On Jan 02, 2012
I don't know about the jest,all I know is I spoke my mind and I'm not trying to make it sound funny or like a mockery.

Anybody that wants to die for it should take the lead,hopefully people will follow not coming to NL and saying wetin no dey for book.

And lest I forget, that facebook guy is a mad man,the egyptian is not exempted. Good day.
Re: Nigerian Youths Arise by sexy74(m): 3:36pm On Jan 02, 2012
@ frecocoa
Yes its true you aired your mind and that's good but remember this if something bad does not concern or touch you does not mean its ok or good.
In respect of the egyptian if madness gets a result then let get mad and get a result.

(1) (Reply)

Sanusi Predicts Increase In Nigeria’s Poverty Level / Briton Demands 1billion Naira Compensation From Nigerian Police / BEWARE POISONED SUYA BY MUSLIMS IN THE SOUTH :: Bishop Emma Chukwuma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.