Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,824 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:28 AM

Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! (22921 Views)

Fuel Sold 86 Naira Per Litre In Ekiti / The Subsidy Question: Fuel Will Sell For N40 A Litre - vanguard / Fuel Crisis : How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel At Your Place? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by Werehkpe: 4:39pm On Jan 02, 2012
@ Thor please dont be myopic or silly.

1st Minimum wage in UK is £6.8/hour (N1,250/hour). u can do the maths and draw ur analyses
2nd, Uk already has well developed transport systems (rail, public buses) 9ja doesnt have any
3rd, UK imports most of its fuel from russia and norway so de is a reason to have high fuel prices
4th, Feeding in the UK is very cheap. Infact £20 (N5k) can feed u for a month

So please what r u talking about? Silly twit u r
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by 989900: 4:40pm On Jan 02, 2012
@ the poster: this was my post on this subsidy fraud thing months back, in btw quit embarassing yourself, 'cause most likely you don't even own a car in the UK if you live there.

This was my previous take on it: 99% true and that's less than 25% of the fraud going on in the country, I got tears in my eyes reading this, knowing the suffering Nigerians both home and abroad go through everyday 'cause of this bastards. Goverments in all countries enrich themselves but they still make life bearable for their citizens. Nigerian leaders on the hand, wish we can all just die. The families, sons and daughters of where the oil comes from live in stark poverty, while the sons and daughters of our leaders have more than abundance.

Oil subsidy? Nigerians are the dumbest set of people in the world. Oil subsidies are for non-oil producing countries. Most Nigerians and the leaders only visit the west, hence they can tell them that. They can tell us petroleum products are cheap and subsidized 'cause it's cheaper than what it sells for in the west. The west do not have oil, ok maybe the US, Norway and Canada (US oil reserve runs out in less than 10 years and Canada's oil reserves can't be mined). I've lived in 8 different countries and been to over 20, and the truth however is, petrol sells for less than 40Naira/ltr. in almost all producing states except Nigeria and we'r the poorest in terms of GDP amongst them. I could go on till forever, we'r being gang-rap%d by our so called rulers.
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jan 02, 2012
Wereh kpe:

1st Minimum wage in UK is £6.8/hour (N1,250/hour). u can do the maths and draw your analyses
2nd, Uk already has well developed transport systems (rail, public buses) 9ja doesnt have any
3rd, UK imports most of its fuel from russia and norway so de is a reason to have high fuel prices

£20 can feed you for a month  undecided undecided

I go die oooooooooo    grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by buzugee(m): 4:41pm On Jan 02, 2012
Wereh kpe:

1st Minimum wage in UK is £6.8/hour (N1,250/hour). u can do the maths and draw your analyses

£20 can feed you for a month ? what do you eat ? spuds and water 3 times a day for the whole month ?  grin grin hard man
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by pelezico: 4:41pm On Jan 02, 2012
A quite dump post indeed - but whos dumper me for posting a reply to this thread or the guy who posted this thread  

To my shame both -
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by Nautillus(m): 4:43pm On Jan 02, 2012
E do oh, the boy has repented, (Thor , oya wash your mouth with soap very well)
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by buzugee(m): 4:43pm On Jan 02, 2012
pelezico:

A quite dump post indeed - but whos dumper me for posting a reply to this thread or the guy who posted this thread  

To my shame both -

its quite 'dump'. i agree  grin
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jan 02, 2012
Moderator, please delete this thread. The original poster is thoughtless and does not deserve a response. This should not make frontpage as I think the op just wanted to post rubbish knowing people will respond.

Please delete!
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by LightSon(m): 4:45pm On Jan 02, 2012
To do a rational comparison, one need to consider infrastructure (electricity, transportation, agricultural etc) , systems(social, economic and political), and purchasing power of both countries. When put in proper perspective really, there's no basis to compare Uk and Nigeria, You may however compare Nigeria with Venezuela (where petrol costs less than 5 Naira/litre . Ref. http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/News/InVenezuelaGasCheaperThanWater.aspx)
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jan 02, 2012
Just one question. Despite the fact that they pay more to get fuel, why the craze to travel to UK?
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by jeezybuck: 4:48pm On Jan 02, 2012
poster i checked thru your profile and i wonder how a 37 year old man sit on nairaland and type dumb shit like a kid ?. you are the dumbest fool on here. bastard
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by jeezybuck: 4:50pm On Jan 02, 2012
i would stone you to death if am allowed.
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jan 02, 2012
op u be real olodo rabata,

them dey take light for u.k??

idiatt
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by benlay(m): 4:54pm On Jan 02, 2012
wow! joker of the year, what a genius, cheesy
you need help son
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by Thor(m): 4:56pm On Jan 02, 2012
Many people in Nigeria are too poor to own a car, so these people can benefit if the government give other subsidizes and maybe use the extra income from the fuel increase to fund basic amenities such as clean running water, toilets, sewage etc. They could also use the extra revenue to improve the public transport infrastructure.

I think most of the people complaining about the increase in fuel prices are those that earn above the average, own cars and swan around in them without reason or purpose, for the poor person in the street this will make little of no difference and has nothing to do with the price of a chicken as somebody wrote earlier.
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by crestbiz: 4:58pm On Jan 02, 2012
Ogas, pls stop insulting yourselves shocked
high price of fuel, i think now, is least of our problems when boki nkita sorry boko harem are planning to bomb every one. if any one is been bombed, you won't even be alive to buy the expensive fuel grin
i think in exchange for life, even if you were told to buy a litre N1000, i will gladly buy it. grin
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by y2kaustin(m): 5:00pm On Jan 02, 2012
The poster might have just finish some rounds of cannabis,so he's iree! that why he drop that loads of RUBBISH!!!, guy put milk inside garr and drink am,you go get some clarity.then come back we reason ok, just a brotherly advice cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by yomz1e(m): 5:01pm On Jan 02, 2012
yes £20 can feed you for a month allow me to break it down

Lidl: bread, bakebeans, milk, cornflakes etc less than £5
upton park market: 2 boiler chicken £5 cut into lilttle pieces to last long don't discard the head, neck or legs even the ororo too  grin, vegetable oil £1
Upton market: ground rice, mashed potato,semo big bag less than £5
Tesco Value no Frills :  noodles all different flavour at 15p each 26pkts of cheap a$$ noodles. 1 pkt a day is 26 days the other 4 days you can eat at your freinds or neighbours
Upton market : after closing hours go there, free rotten ata, tomato, onion, potato and some other fruits which you can freeze till next year ( free)
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by slex(m): 5:02pm On Jan 02, 2012
i hope the Govt will be sincere in diverting the money to improve other sectors that urgently need restructuring, if not  the reason for removing subsidy would have been defeated. My fellow Nigerians let us watch for about 3 months then we will judge if the Govt is sincere or not.
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by bilaya(m): 5:03pm On Jan 02, 2012
The standard of living in the UK is far higher than that of Nigeria.You should have checked the per capita income of both countries before posting.
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by Thor(m): 5:03pm On Jan 02, 2012
You will need some Petrol to get to Green Street market in Upton Park smiley
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by y2kaustin(m): 5:05pm On Jan 02, 2012
The poster might have just finish some rounds of cannabis,so he's iree! that why he drop that loads of RUBBISH!!!, guy put milk inside garri and drink am,you go get some clarity.then come back we reason ok, just a brotherly advice
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by lecanno: 5:06pm On Jan 02, 2012
dismissed grin grin grin naija no be uk.
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by manny4life(m): 5:07pm On Jan 02, 2012
Thor:

Many people in Nigeria are too poor to own a car, so these people can benefit if the government give other subsidizes and maybe use the extra income from the fuel increase to fund basic amenities such as clean running water, toilets, sewage etc. They could also use the extra revenue to improve the public transport infrastructure.

I think most of the people complaining about the increase in fuel prices are those that earn above the average, own cars and swan around in them without reason or purpose, for the poor person in the street this will make little of no difference and has nothing to do with the price of a chicken as somebody wrote earlier.

Dude STOP IT. LIKE SERIOUSLY, STOP IT.

Many people are too poor to own cars yet they jump the buses of these same poor people, don't they? They purchase goods and materials from this same poor people as well, don't they? STOP trying to defend the indefensible. Fund basic amenities, the oil revenues from previous years, where has it gone to? The taxes generated from IRS, where has it gone to? Why has the FED not decentralized it government so that it can practice true federalism? Basic amenities are the issues of the FED but the state but what happens when the FED tries to control everything including the states?
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by aikuda(m): 5:08pm On Jan 02, 2012
I don't agree with op's comparison. But the responses to his post seem to be based on the fact that people in uk make more money. You have to remmeber that it is not just fuel price, people in th western world pay more for everything else: housing, water, heat, car/house/health insurance, etc. Both countries should not be compared. Lets use the social, political, and economic factors in Nigeria to analyze the problem.
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by evilspirit: 5:10pm On Jan 02, 2012
[size=16pt]Subsides worth between EUR 270 to 290 billion a year are estimated to go into European transport, according to a preliminary report released by the European Environment Agency today. From this figure, road transport receives EUR 125 billion annually, rail EUR 73 billion, aviation EUR 27–35 billion and water-borne transport EUR 14–30 billion.

290billion Euros 60 trillion naira [/size]

http://www.eea.europa.eu/highlights/eea-takes-first-step-on-measuring-european-transport-subsidies
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by chelseabmw(m): 5:11pm On Jan 02, 2012
i pity this poster
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by yomz1e(m): 5:13pm On Jan 02, 2012
@Thor,
you no get Oyster card?  but seriously  Nigerian fighting spirit has been held in captivity and am afraid it will still stay the same for years to come until every corrupt politician genes is wiped off the face of Nigerian politics.
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by iHustle(m): 5:15pm On Jan 02, 2012
@ Poster, your skull is EMPTY! You need to acquire common sense ASAP!
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by tlops(m): 5:15pm On Jan 02, 2012
I doubt the poster has a car in the Uk sef. The guy must be a life time user of oyster card!

You have access to tax return in most of these countries that can cushion your cost on fuel consumption to and from work. The concerns of Nigerians is not the increment per se but how does this new saving improve our quality of life!
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by dayokanu(m): 5:16pm On Jan 02, 2012
Thor,

Those too poor to buy a car also use buses right? In case you dont know, transportation costs have also gone up 150%

Those poor too have generators to provide light, The cost of fueling the gen has also gone up

The farm produce also need fuel to get to the market, The fuel for those has also gone up

Unfortunately they dont have Govt provided rails and buses like you have in UK

So they still have to suffer for it
Re: Stop Moaning... Petrol Is 326.21 Naira a litre in the UK! by buzugee(m): 5:17pm On Jan 02, 2012
yomz1e:

yes £20 can feed you for a month allow me to break it down

Lidl: bread, bakebeans, milk, cornflakes etc less than £5
upton park market: 2 boiler chicken £5 cut into lilttle pieces to last long don't discard the head, neck or legs even the ororo too  grin, vegetable oil £1
Upton market: ground rice, mashed potato,semo big bag less than £5
Tesco Value no Frills :  noodles all different flavour at 15p each 26pkts of cheap a$$ noodles. 1 pkt a day is 26 days the other 4 days you can eat at your freinds or neighbours
Upton market : after closing hours go there, free rotten ata, tomato, onion, potato and some other fruits which you can freeze till next year ( free)

grin grin grin grin nice one

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Lagos Debunks Alleged Anti-igbo Moves By Ambode / Sanwo-Olu Flagoffs Campaign At The Mobolaji Johnson Arena Onika / INEC Takes Delivery Of The Last Batch Of BVAS (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.