Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

Okonjo Iweala, World Bank Managing Director! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo Iweala, World Bank Managing Director! (2854 Views)

Buhari Appoints Ibim Semenitari As NDDC Acting Managing Director / Abacha Loot Is Too Huge For Us To Handle – World Bank / Sanusi Lamido Ado-Bayero Appointed As NPA Managing Director By Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okonjo Iweala, World Bank Managing Director! by ono(m): 3:06pm On Oct 05, 2007
@Almond,
Are you trying to tell me that we don't have women pounding Akpu at Ogwashi-Ukwu, Asaba, Ukwani as we speak or what? Without them, some of us won't last you know. All those blue-mouth, yellow foot, avian flu infested chickens and beef from those yankee and other places sure can't keep you up for a long while.

Me, I'm eternally grateful for all those women who are hairdressers, fufu and akpu pounders spread across this country in general and Delta State in particular. I think Mrs Iweala can ''go on soun'' with her laude.
Re: Okonjo Iweala, World Bank Managing Director! by almondjoy(f): 3:24pm On Oct 05, 2007
ono:

@Almond,
Are you trying to tell me that we don't have women [b]pounding Akpu at Ogwashi-Ukwu, Asaba, Ukwani or what?[/b] Without them, some of us won't last you know. All those blue-mouth, yellow foot, avian flu infested chickens and beef from those yankee and other places sure can't keep you up for a long while.

Me, I'm eternally grateful for all those women who are hairdressers, fufu and akpu pounders spread across this country in general and Delta State in particular. I think Mrs Iweala can ''go on soun'' with her laude. The thing sounds like ''c u m''. Know what I mean?

You are a sick fellow Ono! grin  If you do not know that "akpu" pounding is resonating in the world bank.  Point of correction for the past 21 years. tongue  Don't be jealous of your lump pounding sisters next door, when you have decided to keep yours in the kitchen for ever in perpetual, inebriated servitude.

Are you trying to "diss" our examplary scholar from Ogwash-Ukwu to be specific? shocked  Now you are claiming she is from delta.  The last time we met, you proposed "they" go get their own state "Anioma" state for their irredeemable political ineptitude?  Wonders!

Oh! My! My! My!-----Well how about that? tongue Ain't that sum'um? shocked

I see you shaved the CUM of your post! Too bad I beat you to it. You cannot edit the sick mind! cheesy
Re: Okonjo Iweala, World Bank Managing Director! by ono(m): 3:45pm On Oct 05, 2007
You're too fast. Next time wait for my message to simmer down before ''quoting'.

Anyway, the present arrangement in Delta is not a favourable one. There's suspicion everywhere. True, there's some strenght in diversity, but when the chips are down, the Aniomas will align with their kiths and kins across the Niger. They're already doing that as we speak.
Re: Okonjo Iweala, World Bank Managing Director! by almondjoy(f): 6:51pm On Oct 05, 2007
ono:

You're too fast. Next time wait for my message to simmer down before ''quoting'.

Anyway, the present arrangement in Delta is not a favourable one. There's suspicion everywhere. True[b], there's some strenght in diversity,[/b] but when the chips are down, the Aniomas will align with their kiths and kins across the Niger. They're already doing that as we speak.

Sorry bud! Your message already simmered well with my computer! cheesy The present arrangement in Nigeria has never worked. We just have to get passed that and move on by working together. Can't dig Lord Lugard up this late in the game can we? Perhaps if we respect the "Aniomas" and share "Ibori's" loot with them, they might be less inclined to side with the kiths and kins across the Niger. Everything has a price-including freedom. Don't you think? wink
Re: Okonjo Iweala, World Bank Managing Director! by iykrion(m): 7:19pm On Oct 05, 2007
OBJ should send her congratulatory letter. It's not an easy feat.
Re: Okonjo Iweala, World Bank Managing Director! by toba1909(m): 12:28am On Oct 06, 2007
its a great pleasure to Nigerian as a whole, i think women like Etteh can't be tried with such post.
Re: Okonjo Iweala, World Bank Managing Director! by Nobody: 2:24am On Oct 06, 2007
I can't help but notice that Okonjo Iweala isn't really a renowned economic MIND anywhere that is not Nigeria. I can't find any articles published by her in a peer review journal, the only thing we know about her is that she graduated from Harvard.

These are the facts, you can't call yourself a renowned economist if you haven't published any major articles that other scholars constantly cite. I'm sorry but I think she's average, there are better economists in universities world over.
Re: Okonjo Iweala, World Bank Managing Director! by almondjoy(f): 2:42am On Oct 06, 2007
Donzman:

I can't help but notice that Okonjo Iweala isn't really a renowned economic MIND anywhere that is not Nigeria. I can't find any articles published by her in a peer review journal, the only thing we know about her is that she graduated from Harvard.

These are the facts, you can't call yourself a renowned economist if you haven't published any major articles that other scholars constantly cite. I'm sorry but I think she's average, there are better economists in universities world over.

Did you read the links provided by desgiezd? Maybe she is not the "writing" type of PH.D Economist. But her resume speaks for itself. Okay, she may be average. Are you not still proud of her? undecided
Re: Okonjo Iweala, World Bank Managing Director! by FSU: 3:09am On Oct 06, 2007
Donzman:

What sort of half-baked reasoning is this? NOI has never been an academic. Papers are written mostly by academics. People in the industry and related services are hardly involved in the publish or die trend of the academia. She was appointed by people who believe in merit. World Bank is not Nigeria where merit is thrown to the dogs.
Re: Okonjo Iweala, World Bank Managing Director! by almondjoy(f): 12:06pm On Oct 06, 2007
FSU:

What sort of half-baked reasoning is this? NOI has never been an academic. Papers are written mostly by academics. People in the industry and related services are hardly involved in the publish or die trend of the academia. She was appointed by people who believe in merit. World Bank is not Nigeria where merit is thrown to the dogs.

I did not think so.  Since we have different types of DRs.  Some specialize in research while others are "service" oriented.  I think NOI is not really into "academia".  Thanks for pointing that out.  You know in Nigeria, everyone believes in the "volumes" of papers you can plagiarize and manufacture to prove you are learned-even when the obvious ignorance shows by the minute.
Re: Okonjo Iweala, World Bank Managing Director! by Nobody: 1:00am On Oct 10, 2007
Nobody publishes "crap" in professional journals. Look at your history, academia is where new ideas are born. The top economists in the past 100 years have all done their business in academia, so you should get the point. Look at those who have won the Nobel Prize in Economics, most are in academia with few exceptions here and there (like the guy who started the micro credit scheme in Bangladesh). Top economists are constantly involved in research and publishing their findings.

@almondjoy

No, I'm not proud of average.
Re: Okonjo Iweala, World Bank Managing Director! by almondjoy(f): 6:43am On Oct 10, 2007
Donzman:

Nobody publishes "crap" in professional journals. Look at your history, academia is where new ideas are born. The top economists in the past 100 years have all done their business in academia, so you should get the point. Look at those who have won the Nobel Prize in Economics, most are in academia with few exceptions here and there (like the guy who started the micro credit scheme in Bangladesh). Top economists are constantly involved in research and publishing their findings.
@almondjoy

No, I'm not proud of average.

Well it would have to do for now.  Dr. NOI has decided not to go that route so please respect her wishes. We have Wole Soyinka for that!  He is still "stuck" in Nigeria with all his publications!

johston:

FSU =Dimcord as Xris74. grin

Prove it!!! grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Great Zik Is Nigeria’s Most Outstanding Political Leader / Nigerian Election (INEC) Staff Ask For Life Insurance / Bayelsa Elders Write Jonathan: We Are Not Feeling The Impact Of Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.