Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,891 members, 7,806,597 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:49 PM

Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates (14267 Views)

Nigeria Protests Over Biafra Activist's Arrest - BBC / Watch The Occupy Nigeria Protests Live On Battabox.com / Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jan 02, 2012
That is the brand of the movement. Anyone in Nigeria, I urge you to go. The urgency is now. The removal of fuel subsidies was the final straw. The Federal Government of Nigeria has made its choice. It is time for you to take your stance.

MONDAY, 9 JANUARY 2011

ENUGU: Labour House, behind Civil Defence, New Market. 8am
KADUNA: Lugard Roundabout. 7am
EDO: Benin City. Beginning on Ring Road @ 8am
LAGOS: Gani Fawehinmi Park. Ojota Bus Stop. Ikorodu Road @ 9am
RIVERS: Port Harcourt. Isaac Boro Park @ 8am
IBADAN: Mokola @ 8am. For more info, call 08028092118
DELTA: Asaba. Traffic Light Junction
CROSS RIVER: Calabar. Zoo/Botanical Garden. Along Mary Slassor Rd, close to E. Okon Filling Station or Old Marian Roundabout. 6am!
OGUN: Abeokuta. NLC Secretariat Oke-Ilewo @ 8am
BENUE: Makurdi. Federal Medical Centre @ 6am. -NLC Chair, Simon Anchaver
BAUCHI: Kofar Fada @ durbar Square. 9am
GOMBE: Labour House (Linus Sabulu House) @ 8am
UNITED STATES: Washington DC. World Bank headquarters, 1818 H Street, NW, Washington @ 12pm

Please note, these are peaceful demonstrations, not riots!
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jan 02, 2012
Word is that Nigeria FG is compelling service providers to shut down Blackberry services.

If your Blackberry service is shutdown, the number to text or call 07003200882.
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by fred2265: 9:54pm On Jan 02, 2012
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jan 02, 2012
I hope you can attend one. Tell your family and friends.

Time and dates for Kano and Benue have been added.
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jan 02, 2012
Kaduna and Gombe added. Spread the word!
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by largie(f): 10:32pm On Jan 02, 2012
I'm loving this.Fellow Nigerians we don't have to keep the siddon look attitude, stand up and get up for your right
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jan 02, 2012
Awaiting time and date for protests in Abia and Ilorin.
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by olapluto(m): 10:47pm On Jan 02, 2012
Ibadan people come out!!! Ajisebi Oyo laari, be the pace setters. If I was at home, I would be at Mokola. However, I pray that things go peacefully. Let us speak with one voice.
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jan 02, 2012
Abia added.
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by freecocoa(f): 10:52pm On Jan 02, 2012
Walahi if they should do anything to BB,thunder go fire dem,oh they don't want the word to be spread. This is it,GEJ has to ne shown that we are no foools. Useless Hediot of a retardeen.
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jan 02, 2012
A facebook page is up and running. Please join and share with your friends! Protest dates and locations can also be found there.

http://www./122409827877756/
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:09pm On Jan 02, 2012
ogugua88:

A facebook page is up and running. Please join and share with your friends! Protest dates and locations can also be found there.

What are you fighting for?
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jan 02, 2012
The protests are against the fuel subsidy removal and also the inefficiency of the Nigerian Federal Government.
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:20pm On Jan 02, 2012
ogugua88:

The protests are against the fuel subsidy removal and also the inefficiency of the Nigerian Federal Government.
and who are those supposed to go out?

The man who has his kids school fees to pay?
The teeming millions in this country who have no access to light not to talk of the internet?
The millions of people who never ever stepped out of their houses to vote?

Who really who?

I am sorry to burst your bubble but there too many reasons why no protest would work, just a scare of bombing alone sent people scampering from churches and your are asking them to come out enmass to be targets?

We were all fully aware of the ineptitude of the pdp government but people said vote GEJ not pdp, now like someone said here they should buy petrol but not the price grin
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by koruji(m): 11:27pm On Jan 02, 2012
If you can't help don't discourage.

Chrisbenogor:

and who are those supposed to go out?

The man who has his kids school fees to pay?
The teeming millions in this country who have no access to light not to talk of the internet?
The millions of people who never ever stepped out of their houses to vote?

Who really who?

I am sorry to burst your bubble but there too many reasons why no protest would work, just a scare of bombing alone sent people scampering from churches and your are asking them to come out enmass to be targets?

We were all fully aware of the ineptitude of the pdp government but people said vote GEJ not pdp, now like someone said here they should buy petrol but not the price grin
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by koruji(m): 11:31pm On Jan 02, 2012
[s]The link doesn't appear to be working properly.[/s]

ogugua88:

Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:32pm On Jan 02, 2012
koruji:

If you can't help don't discourage.

Sorry bro I say it as it is, I long kept mute here on Nairaland to let these guys ogle over voting someone with no political base into power.
Suddenly they expect a keke napep to race Formula 1 speeds, not going to happen. GEJ knows the way forward is to tackle corruption but he cannot do jack about it, so he decides to tow this line.

I wish you guys luck, but I trust Nigerians sha when work resumes tomorrow tell Mr okoro to follow you to eagles square  grin grin grin
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jan 02, 2012
koruji:
The link doesn't appear to be working properly.

Try searching for "Occupy Nigeria" on the facebook search. Tell me if you still have issues with it.
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Jenifa1: 12:09am On Jan 03, 2012
I find the whole occupy movement to be ridiculous, pointless and [i]stu[/i]pid.
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by koruji(m): 12:11am On Jan 03, 2012
Yes, I found it - Thanks.

ogugua88:

Try searching for "Occupy Nigeria" on the facebook search. Tell me if you still have issues with it.
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by deor03(m): 12:16am On Jan 03, 2012
The creator of the Facebook Page is NOT in the country now. Make we all come together from all over the world and protest ( BB, twitter & Facebook na Ojoro )
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Nobody: 12:20am On Jan 03, 2012
^^^ Exactly.

Protest for Benin City, added!
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Onlytruth(m): 12:35am On Jan 03, 2012
Any Igbo man that shows up at any of these so called "occupy" rallies is on his own.
We have more important issues facing us in Nigeria.
Let the "owners of Nigeria" go and shed their own blood.

Onye obula norokwa n'ulo ya o!  undecided

Ubochi nta, anyi ga achu na owerre nchi!  cool

1 Like

Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by aljharem3: 12:40am On Jan 03, 2012
Onlytruth:

[size=18pt]Any Igbo man that shows up at any of these so called "occupy" rallies is on his own.[/size]

Onye obula norokwa n'ulo ya oundecided

as expected from eze ndigbo. Typical bigot

Any Igbo, Yoruba, Hausawa, Ijaw, kanuri, Idoma, Igala, nupe, edo, Ibibio, efik/annag, fulani, tiv that does not show up for this riot should remember this

That is he not only doing it to save himself from future hunger and CRIME, but also for his/her children from the impending all out riot.

I do not speak as a yoruba or northern or igbo but as a Nigeria that has the [size=18pt]Nigerians at heart[/size].
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Nobody: 12:41am On Jan 03, 2012
Onlytruth:
Any Igbo man that shows up at any of these so called "occupy" rallies is on his own.

“A pessimist is one who makes difficulties of his opportunities and an optimist is one who makes opportunities of his difficulties” -President Harry Truman.

The choice is yours.
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Onlytruth(m): 12:44am On Jan 03, 2012
alj_harem

So, you want my people to go out and be gunned down by the trigger happy Nigerian security abi?
Thunder go fire your gworo/amala mouth dia. lol  

Umu Igbo, stay HOME.
We have a different type of problem in Nigeria.

I don talk my own.
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Jenifa1: 12:48am On Jan 03, 2012
Onlytruth:

typical only-truthlies. couldn't find a SE state on the list and declared the protest to be anti-igbo.
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by aljharem3: 12:51am On Jan 03, 2012
Onlytruth:

alj_harem

So, you want my people to go out and be gunned down by the trigger happy Nigerian security abi?
Thunder go fire your gworo/amala mouth dia. lol  

Umu Igbo, stay HOME.
We have a different type of problem in Nigeria.

I don talk my own.

"Your people" are my people. "My people" are "your people".

"Your people" are business men and travellers, and also according to nairaland, that are the highest population in each state apart from the indigene. If so then we can say your people would be the most hit can't we.

If I see "your people" suffering on the streets, do you think the alj harem of nairaland would be so bigoted/ callous to let them be ?

In my life, lots of "your people" have helped me in various occassion thus I view myself as one of "ur people".

Onlytruth, you don't understand how angry I am right now on this subsidy thing.

I cannot buy fuel to my generator because it is 141 naira/liter. i use 10 -12 liters very night to sleep and now it has increased to 1500 naira angry.
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Nobody: 12:53am On Jan 03, 2012
Guys, please before you start these protests , let us know if there is any money you would like us to keep safely for you , just in case  grin

We will be loyally monitoring the situation on Al Jazeerah and CNN.

Though we are not with you physically, our hearts are with you. grin

On a more serious note , guys please guage the situation, we do not want a 2012 massacre.

Do not RISK your life !!!!!

Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by Nobody: 12:56am On Jan 03, 2012
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by emiye(m): 12:57am On Jan 03, 2012
[s]Medicine after death[/s]  Protest after voting GEJ ?!
Re: Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates by ektbear: 1:04am On Jan 03, 2012
There is only one thing I'm trying to occupy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Civilian Control Over The Military: A Comparison Between Nigeria And The U.S. / What Measure Do You Think We Can Use To Generate 24/7 Electricity? / Expect More Defections From APC To PDP – Timi Frank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.