Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,875 members, 7,806,508 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:32 PM

Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal (10417 Views)

No Going Back On Subsidy Removal - FG / Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 / Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by Pain(m): 4:41pm On Jan 03, 2012
Nigerians are about to take some hard lessons. In spiralling inflation. Thanks to the voodoo economics of sanugonzi!
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by TRUTHTELA: 4:42pm On Jan 03, 2012
@ JayJohnson speak for yourself, dont  " WE anything, say YOU" , Your own IGBO is cheap.
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by iykak47: 4:43pm On Jan 03, 2012
Demdem:

This should be beaf's group. anyway, its allowed in a democracy.
however something keeps on troubling my mind:
Authur Nzeribe, Daniel kanu and now okechukwu Okerie. nawa ooo
i will leave it for the wise to decipher it.
 Perhaps you dont have sufficient brain to remember Arishikola Alao,Ebenezer Babatope,Shina peters and Dbanj.
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by aljharem3: 4:46pm On Jan 03, 2012
TRUTHTELA:

@Alj_Harem, yea, you all should protest and reap the benefit of your protest when Govt. reverse to the old price in all the regions, except SE. Typical of Nigerians, they will will not focus on PROTEST & SUBSIDY Issues, they will been pointing a ROTTEN finger on the wrong side, whoever is in POWER WILL ALWZ have someone to do the dirty job, D-banj, sold out & supported Jonathan, Olu Jacobs, Wole Soyinka, sold out by serving in IBB's govt, Alex Akinyele, was once IBB's MIS-information minister, who did the dirty job for the Hausa/fulani against Awolowo in the 60's? Arisekola, supported Abacha, cos of what? (OWO ), Adedibu, alwz do the dirty job for AGIP, bOLA iGE, betrayed NADECO by joining the PDP, govt. Obasanjo did the Norherners BID numerous times, should I GO ON? My guy they are in EVERY TRIBE. So, big up!!!

My brother, we are saying the samething. That is why I am wondering why some nairalanders are making it a yoruba/hausa/fulani afire when WE ALL WOULD BE PAR-TAKERS OF THIS REMOVAL.

Yes I know they are in every tribe, I am not trying to exclude the SE but goons on Nairaland are doing it themselves.

We were here when Sanusi (my main man) supported the removal cry I was shocked

so it has nothing to do with ethnicity but beaf, dmainboss, ejire, pointb etc are saying South-east should not join in the protest and no igbo should join etc. Thus they tribalsied it themselves.
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by talktrue1(m): 4:46pm On Jan 03, 2012
Majority of the people protesting in those areas mentioned are Igbos.
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by aljharem3: 4:47pm On Jan 03, 2012
iykak47:

Perhaps you dont have sufficient brain to remember Arishikola Alao,Ebenezer Babatope,Shina peters and Dbanj.

and did they support the removal of fuel subsidy ?

maybe it is u that is does not have brain at all
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by aljharem3: 4:48pm On Jan 03, 2012
talk true:

Majority of the people protesting in those areas mentioned are Igbos.
cool cool cool cool this is what I like to hear. We are one people

Now I would like to here protest in Onitsha and co so that the FG can here our demands loud and clear.

NLC is for Nigerians not for the SW/SS and the North alone.
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by OmoTier1(m): 4:48pm On Jan 03, 2012
Amazing with protest at is just a build up to the beginning of the REAL protest, some are already shaking in the boots!

Someone should explain to us why throughout the Obasanjo and Yar'dua's regime Fuel subsidy was put at N390bn, and suddenly when GEJ came on board, it was jacked up by over N1tn who is fooling who?

If they like, let them buy all the Youths in the East plus Rivers and Bayelsa states, that would not change anything. Now the anger of the true Nigerian masses are on the street, Aso Rock is begging NLC not to go on strike, oh, I thought they said GEJ was thick , COWARD !!!
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jan 03, 2012
iykak47:

what else do we need when oju-iku tops the list of political bootlickers ? Like father like children.
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jan 03, 2012
I doubt whether an Igboman can rule this country because of betrayal and love for money. They kept dreaming of 2015 which may never come to pass except we have Biafra Republic because they've sold their birth right to Ijawman.
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by OmoTier1(m): 4:50pm On Jan 03, 2012
@ALL,
We are Nigerians, and the protest going on nationwide has every region represented! It just unfortunate that no action has been heard in the South Eastern part of the country!
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by TheOne2(m): 4:50pm On Jan 03, 2012
This is not a SE issue at all. Were the hired goons that displayed "we support tolling" banners on the day Fashola's police and thugs molested protesters from the SE?
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jan 03, 2012
The One:

This is not a SE issue at all. Were the hired goons that displayed "we support tolling" banners on the day Fashola's police and thugs molested protesters from the SE?
Yes !
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by gregg2: 4:53pm On Jan 03, 2012
Removal of fuel subsidy is the best thing to ever happen to
this country in recent times. GEJ will be vindicated.
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by geosegun(m): 4:53pm On Jan 03, 2012
I support FUEL SUBSIDY REMOVAL TOO cool cool cool
Its better to block loopholes from greedy few who fleece our dear country of 8billion dollars every year.
Let govt not only remove the subsidy but provide a means of cushion the effect of it.
meaning let govt do the right(subsidy removal) the right way.

I AWAIT BASHING AND I AM COOL WITH IT.  NIGERIA IS A COUNTRY THAT CHERISHES GROWTH IN ALL ITS RAMIFICATIONS
BUT NEVER READY TO PAY THE PRICE. E ANT EVERY IMPROVEMENT FREE.

CHINA CLOSES ITS BORDER TO IMPOTATION FOR 3O YRS THERE WAS HYPER INFLATION BUT NO ITS THE COUNTRY ITH FASTEST GROWING GDP.

NIGERIANS GROW UP, BE READY TO PAY THE PRICE FOR OUR DEVELOPMENT. E CANT CONTINUE TO LIVE A FUEL SUBSIDY DEPENDENT LIFE FOR EVER
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by Rgp92: 4:53pm On Jan 03, 2012
Nigerians, nothing is free in this world!
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by 3kay945(m): 4:56pm On Jan 03, 2012
maclatunji:

I watch them yesterday on NTA. A girl amongst them read a statement that seemed too heavily-worded for her grasp of English! They are a group of paid hungry wannabes.
They are not ashame to show face on t.v,
If their mama born dem well let them show face on the street.
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by 9jaman007: 5:04pm On Jan 03, 2012
mr okerie is the fouth biggest fool in Nigeria after mr president, that fat faced finance minster and the sleepy petroluem minister. Is this the time for GEJ to pursue 'stringent' economic policies? At a time where Boko Haram is proving more powerful than our security forces? To the point where they even have the effontry to issue an ultimatum to southerners to leave the north so that they can take over their properties? Mr president gave a date for the subsidy removal to take effect but unfortunately the date was a bloody lie. He may have done it to prevent consumers from making panic buying and also to prevent haording in filing stations but he should have learnt that to be a credible leader you must be a man of your words.
I am a graduate without a job for two years. I started a business mid last year, I rely heavily on generator to run my equipment but with this increase It is looking impossible for me to continue. If your mr president is serious about fighting the cabal who you claim is gaining from the fuel subsidy, shouldn't he try to get the refinaries working first?

Where precisely will the revenue generated from the subsidy removal be channeled to? Surely contracts will be awarded (TO THE SAME CABAL) for these projects(whatever they may be) and we all know what happens to such contracts. THE COMPANIES NEVER DELIVER. AND WILL NEVER BE BROUGHT TO BOOK, BECAUSE THE GOVERNMENT REMAIN CORRUPT.
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by iykak47: 5:06pm On Jan 03, 2012
~Bluetooth:

what else do we need when oju-iku tops the list of political bootlickers ? Like father like children.
Your ranting is unworthy of a response. whenever you see  this name IYKAK47 jump and pass  
  otherwise i wont hesitate to put you in your rightful place, although i dont blame you because you are posting with a borrowed sense.
oloriburuku.
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by TRUTHTELA: 5:06pm On Jan 03, 2012
Some RETARDS that sold their conscience to VOTE for Jonathan, suddenly want everyone to share in their mess, for all I care, no TRIBE in Nigeria can talk TRASH about Igbos, Igbos had mind of their own long before the white man came to RESCUE the rest of the MORONS from their KINGS, OBA's, Emirs , etc, When other tribes a re busy postrate for a white man, ABA, WOMEN were the FIRST & ever to challenge the white man's POLICIES thru riot " ABA WOMEN RIOT,1929". Igbos are REPUBLICAN in NATURE & nobody will change them. FYI, some people BETRAYED the Igbos during the CIVIL WAR, they were policy makers, ministers & all worth not, against the Igbo's, After the war, Igbo's learnt the lesson ONE TRIBE THOUGHT THEM, on how to play the SPOILER. Somebody was an active SPOILER/ SELLOUT/ TRAITOR/ money lover etc, for Gowon. Igbo's will not rule Nigeria, but Igbo's ( Ngozi Iweala )will alwz make policies that you all will SUFFER & SUFFER from. My point is, your TRIBE will rule, but your tribe will still be WORSE off. When the time comes, we'll count SCORES. Your tribe is not buying fuel @ 65 & SE is buying @ 200. You ruled Nigeria, yet you are on 24/7 darkness with the Igbos that did not rule, that goes to show you that something is wrong somewhere. Until JUSTICE prevails, Y'all will forever be in PAIN & ANGUISH. It's nature, not MAN.
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by aljharem3: 5:08pm On Jan 03, 2012
TRUTHTELA:

Some RETARDS that sold their conscience to VOTE for Jonathan, suddenly want everyone to share in their mess, for all I care, no TRIBE in Nigeria can talk TRASH about Igbos, Igbos had mind of their own long before the white man came to RESCUE the rest of the MORONS from their KINGS, OBA's, Emirs , etc, When other tribes a re busy postrate for a white man, ABA, WOMEN were the FIRST & ever to challenge the white man's POLICIES thru riot " ABA WOMEN RIOT,1929". Igbos are REPUBLICAN in NATURE & nobody will change them. FYI, some people BETRAYED the Igbos during the CIVIL WAR, they were policy makers, ministers & all worth not, against the Igbo's, After the war, Igbo's learnt the lesson ONE TRIBE THOUGHT THEM, on how to play the SPOILER. Somebody was an active SPOILER/ SELLOUT/ TRAITOR/ money lover etc, for Gowon. Igbo's will not rule Nigeria, but Igbo's ( Ngozi Iweala )will alwz make policies that you all will SUFFER & SUFFER from. My point is, your TRIBE will rule, but your tribe will still be WORSE off. When the time comes, we'll count SCORES. Your tribe is not buying fuel @ 65 & SE is buying @ 200. You ruled Nigeria, yet you are on 24/7 darkness with the Igbos that did not rule, that goes to show you that something is wrong somewhere. Until JUSTICE prevails, Y'all will forever be in PAIN & ANGUISH. It's nature, not MAN.

cool cool cool cool cool well said
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by Sopono(m): 5:14pm On Jan 03, 2012
Thank God for democracy. We all have freedom of expression and association and I don't think it's written any where that everybody must protest over anything together.  Protest if you want to and leave those who do not want to protest alone. You and your tribe can continue to rule naija forever it will still not make you better than the Igbos. The longest ruling tribe still have the highest poverty and illiteracy level.  If you hate the Igbos so much, go 4ck yourself. It will help before your hate eats you alive.
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by iykak47: 5:22pm On Jan 03, 2012
alj_harem:

and did they support the removal of fuel subsidy ?

maybe it is u that is does not have brain at all
This is a stuff ediooots are made of, boko harem
abeg waka i no get your time, am thousands km away from you, so am immune from
your bombs.
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by TRUTHTELA: 5:23pm On Jan 03, 2012
FYI, Kola Abiola, refused to talk or get involve with anyone, when it comes to Nigeria & its CRAP,  cos he said it UNEQUIVOCALLY, that his KINSMEN betrayed his Dad. That the same people that wine & dined with his dad, and told him not accept any condition that's less than a PRESIDENT, went back to wine & dine with Abacha & Abdusalami, , lest I forget the ones that collected money from Abdusalami, on Abiola's head. I'm sure they were Igbo's too. Go get a life pls.
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jan 03, 2012
iykak47:

Your ranting is unworthy of a response. whenever you see  this name IYKAK47 jump and pass  
  otherwise i wont hesitate to put you in your rightful place, although i dont blame you because you are posting with a borrowed sense.
oloriburuku.

Are this stu-pid,where are you jumping to ? You be monkey ?
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by iykak47: 5:35pm On Jan 03, 2012
TRUTHTELA:

Gbam. pikin wey say im mama no go sleep, no go also sleep. inshort bros take one bottle on my behalf.
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by 9javoice1(m): 5:37pm On Jan 03, 2012
let no igbo man join the protest,why should we protest for? we have been buying fuel over #100 for many years ago cuz the cabals want to destroy economy in the se,and then nobody deem it fit to protest why now everybody is geting the test. if we must protest then we shall protest against boko haram, as for fuel subsidy not yet.
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by Obinoscopy(m): 5:47pm On Jan 03, 2012
9ja voice, it was the igbo marketers who were selling fuel above 100 naira then. Don't blame the cabals for that.
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by Xmind1: 5:55pm On Jan 03, 2012
Let subsidy removal be. It is for the good of the country.when you protest do you realize that you are standing on the side of the cabal?
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by vladimiros: 6:01pm On Jan 03, 2012
et subsidy removal be. It is for the good of the country.when you protest do you realize that you are standing on the side of the cabal?

and when everything near you get inflated i hope you don't complain
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jan 03, 2012
X-mind:

Let subsidy removal be. It is for the good of the country.when you protest do you realize that you are standing on the side of the cabal?

do you know that the money realized from the subsidy will be shared among the FG,state and local government outside their 2012 budgets ?if these people can't account for how they spend their excess crude account proceeds,,what makes you think the proceeds from the subsidy removal will be judiciously utilized considering thre level of corruption in the system ?
Re: Youth Alliance Group Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal by otokx(m): 6:07pm On Jan 03, 2012
Too bad for that dude and his cohorts.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos, Freedom Park. The History And Her Current State! Indeed Eko Oni Baje! / Gbenga Olawepo And Fela Durotoye: The Clash Of New Political Titans / 2023: President Bola Tinubu's Christmas Message To Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.