Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,357 members, 7,800,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:05 AM

Who Should Be Blamed For Prostitution: The Provider Or The Customer? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Who Should Be Blamed For Prostitution: The Provider Or The Customer? (4378 Views)

Ladies And Gents, Who Is To Be Blamed For This Konjification {pix} / MEN Are To Be Blamed For Female Gold Diggers / Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Should Be Blamed For Prostitution: The Provider Or The Customer? by Princek12(m): 1:47am On Jan 04, 2012
I started this thread in light of the debate that emanated out of my other threads, where some lady blamed the prostitution epidemic on the customer. She claimed the customers' demands, and not the woman who voluntarily sells her body, are responsible. I beg to differ. The woman should be responsible for her actions because she chose to sell her body (this does not apply to child prostitution or women who are forced into prostitution against their will; I am talking about grown, mature women who flock the streets and night clubs out of their own volition to sell their body)
Re: Who Should Be Blamed For Prostitution: The Provider Or The Customer? by Nobody: 2:14am On Jan 04, 2012
why the new thread?
[in ref to: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-837461.0.html]

both are to blame but mostly the customer like i said. cheesy
how do you differentiate a child/woman forced into prostitution from ordinary street walking h0es? it doesn't make sense. undecided most of these "proud h0es" started off as that innocent girl or that victimized woman. tongue
Re: Who Should Be Blamed For Prostitution: The Provider Or The Customer? by Ranoscky(m): 2:38am On Jan 04, 2012
The customers can also share a part of the blame, but the MAJOR blame goes to the woman that started it!

Had it been Eve did not tempt Adam to eat the Apple, Adam wouldnt have eaten it, or thought of such!

So, the blame goes to the tempter, but the partaker also has a share in it!
Re: Who Should Be Blamed For Prostitution: The Provider Or The Customer? by Nobody: 9:26am On Jan 05, 2012
In my Opinion, The customer should be blamed in all totality!
Sex is the commodity here. The provider charged a fee, but you are not under obligation to patronize him/her. . . When you patronize a business, it booms. If i have a supermarket, and no one patronizes my goods and store, i'll fold up! It's natural!

Prostit[i]u[/i]tion is a business, If you patronize prostit[i]u[/i]tion, it fosters. . . if you dont, it dies! There's no 2 ways about that!
Re: Who Should Be Blamed For Prostitution: The Provider Or The Customer? by MrCork17: 10:40am On Jan 05, 2012
Princek12:

I started this thread in light of the debate that emanated out of my other threads, where some lady blamed the prostitution epidemic on the customer. She claimed the customers' demands, and not the woman who voluntarily sells her body, are responsible. I beg to differ. The woman should be responsible for her actions because she chose to sell her body (this does not apply to child prostitution or women who are forced into prostitution against their will; I am talking about grown, mature women who flock the streets and night clubs out of their own volition to sell their body)

how the heck is man suppoze to get punnny if u start blamin the supplier? duh! undecided
Re: Who Should Be Blamed For Prostitution: The Provider Or The Customer? by claremont(m): 10:46am On Jan 05, 2012
It is absolutely ridiculous to blame one party at the expense of the other. The basic law of Economics states that demand and supply must always be in a vicious cycle for there to be a market. I would argue that BOTH the provider and the customer must be equally blamed for the existence of prostitution.

Those people who argue that the customer should be blamed more based purely on the premise that some ladies are forced into prostitution should also recognize that a whole lot of other ladies also engage in prostitution out of their own freewill; so who is now to blame in the case of ladies who engage in it because they simply love doing it?! That argument is simply white noise IMHO.

Prostitution is called the world's oldest profession for a reason, the market for paid s-ex services has always existed, and will always exist.
Re: Who Should Be Blamed For Prostitution: The Provider Or The Customer? by Nobody: 10:50am On Jan 05, 2012
the provider ofcos, If theres no market there would b no buyer,
Re: Who Should Be Blamed For Prostitution: The Provider Or The Customer? by Nobody: 10:54am On Jan 05, 2012
claremont:

It is absolutely ridiculous to blame one party at the expense of the other. The basic law of Economics states that demand and supply must always be in a vicious cycle for there to be a market. I would argue that BOTH the provider and the customer must be equally blamed for the existence of prostitution.

Those people who argue that the customer should be blamed more based purely on the premise that some ladies are forced into prostitution should also recognize that a whole lot of other ladies also engage in prostitution out of their own freewill; so who is now to blame in the case of ladies who engage in it because they simply love doing it?! That argument is simply white noise IMHO.

Prostitution is called the world's oldest profession for a reason, the market for paid s-ex services has always existed, and will always exist.

True or False, if there is no customer the business falters?
Re: Who Should Be Blamed For Prostitution: The Provider Or The Customer? by Nobody: 10:57am On Jan 05, 2012
BlueBarbie:

the provider ofcos, If theres no market there would b no buyer,
There's always a market. . . You choose to go there or not! If i dont patronize you, your market does what? Folds up!
Re: Who Should Be Blamed For Prostitution: The Provider Or The Customer? by Nobody: 11:06am On Jan 05, 2012
sexkillz:

There's always a market. . . You choose to go there or not! If i dont patronize you, your market does what? Folds up!

There shouldnt be a market in the first place, Men are promiscious in nature,why put kerosene on fire? The providers are to blame.
Re: Who Should Be Blamed For Prostitution: The Provider Or The Customer? by Nobody: 11:23am On Jan 05, 2012
^^^
There shouldnt be a market, but now there is! Men are not promiscuous by nature. No one was born promiscuous, you choose to be promiscuous, just as you choose to display your wares. Customers are needed for the survival of any business, prostitution inclusive. If they are not patronized, it dies a natural death!
Re: Who Should Be Blamed For Prostitution: The Provider Or The Customer? by cynthiafred67(f): 11:45am On Jan 05, 2012
Well I agree with sexkillz, if no one is buying nobody will be selling. So I guess the customer is to be blamed.
Re: Who Should Be Blamed For Prostitution: The Provider Or The Customer? by Nobody: 11:53am On Jan 05, 2012
cynthiafred67:

Well I agree with sexkillz, if no one is buying nobody will be selling. So I guess the customer is to be blamed.
Some might argue that sellers came into existence first! I'll agree, but then if the buyers had not patronized them in the first place, sellers would not have come to the realization that the business could boom afterall!

How did your holidays go?
Re: Who Should Be Blamed For Prostitution: The Provider Or The Customer? by MrCork17: 12:00pm On Jan 05, 2012
is someone planning to sell punnny here? cheesy
Re: Who Should Be Blamed For Prostitution: The Provider Or The Customer? by richy5(m): 12:12pm On Jan 05, 2012
@sexkillz I disagree coz every seller pray to make progress each fucking day, so i fink if der is no existence there won't be any customer or patronizer
Re: Who Should Be Blamed For Prostitution: The Provider Or The Customer? by freecocoa(f): 12:16pm On Jan 05, 2012
Its very glaring but people refuse to see it,simple Demand and supply comes to mind here,what the hell are you people saying sef? Mscheeew.
Re: Who Should Be Blamed For Prostitution: The Provider Or The Customer? by cynthiafred67(f): 12:37pm On Jan 05, 2012
sexkillz:

How did your holidays go?

Mine was alright and yours?
Re: Who Should Be Blamed For Prostitution: The Provider Or The Customer? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jan 05, 2012
@sexkillz I disagree coz every seller pray to make progress each bleeping day, so i fink if der is no existence there won't be any customer or patronizer

Pray from now till the heavens fall, the success of any business depends on what? Customers! I wont force you to display your wares. . . Since your wares are on sale, It's definitely up to me to patronize your business or not, thereby making it progress. . . What happens when i dont?
Re: Who Should Be Blamed For Prostitution: The Provider Or The Customer? by Goldieluks: 12:43pm On Jan 05, 2012
freecocoa:

Its very glaring but people refuse to see it,simple Demand and supply comes to mind here,what the hell are you people saying sef? Mscheeew.

Gbam! If there's no demand from the customers,there wouldn't be supply from the sellers. Period!
Re: Who Should Be Blamed For Prostitution: The Provider Or The Customer? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jan 05, 2012
Mine was alright and yours?

Same here! Marred by funerals though, but nonetheless it was fun! smiley
Re: Who Should Be Blamed For Prostitution: The Provider Or The Customer? by MrCork17: 12:53pm On Jan 05, 2012
Guys. what are the best joints you have in Ngeria? wink
Re: Who Should Be Blamed For Prostitution: The Provider Or The Customer? by bekay911(f): 2:47pm On Jan 05, 2012
Both shud be blamed simple.
Re: Who Should Be Blamed For Prostitution: The Provider Or The Customer? by kokoye(m): 3:53pm On Jan 05, 2012
BlueBarbie:

. . Men are promiscious in nature . .

There you go.

dont blame us.

Blame the creator

grin
Re: Who Should Be Blamed For Prostitution: The Provider Or The Customer? by Goldieluks: 4:00pm On Jan 05, 2012
kokoye:

There you go.

dont blame us.

Blame the creator

grin

Nonsense! Because the creator clearly gave you the ability to discern between good and evil,so blame yourself nonsense!
Re: Who Should Be Blamed For Prostitution: The Provider Or The Customer? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jan 05, 2012
@poster
none of them should be BLAMED for it because they are not doing anything they DONT want to do, and all get rewarded for their effort. . . . . . . .and for the ladies who are "forced" into pr[b]o[/b]stitution, then whoever forced them into this lifestyle (and the ladies) should be blamed, no one else!!!!

@Sexkillz
if there was no provider (aka pr[b]o[/b]stitute), then there would be NO customer.
Re: Who Should Be Blamed For Prostitution: The Provider Or The Customer? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jan 05, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

@poster
none of them should be BLAMED for it because they are not doing anything they DONT want to do, and all get rewarded for their effort. . . . . . . .and for the ladies who are "forced" into pr[b]o[/b]stitution, then whoever forced them into this lifestyle (and the ladies) should be blamed, no one else!!!!

@Sexkillz
if there was no provider (aka pr[b]o[/b]stitute), then there would be NO customer.

Of course MBJ! cheesy But then, it does not become prostit[i]u[/i]tion until money changes hands, until i patronize her and pay for her services! A prostit[i]u[/i]te stands at a roadside or wherever, she doesnt come to you, doesnt beg you, you the customer walks up to her and transacts business. If no one walks up to her, will she "sell"? cheesy
Re: Who Should Be Blamed For Prostitution: The Provider Or The Customer? by born2boink(m): 8:13pm On Jan 05, 2012
I was an ex customer of prostitutes, hot heart break from my ex girlfriend led me into patronizing prostitutes and I have no single regret till now and I am sure, about 90% of guys here patronizes them but most are afraid to say this out, I have caught many big men, big boyz most especially in Jolly friend brothel in Ikeja, it is no go area for poor men.Big men prostitutes joint and that was where I belong too because I am big men, Prostitutes are most bootylicious but limited in Bleep supply has made me hate which enable me to stop fucking them except, Wetin wey never do for this world, prostitutes, clubs girls, ashewo on street, smokes, drinks ,Bleep two sisters but I have quit everything , now talking from experience
Re: Who Should Be Blamed For Prostitution: The Provider Or The Customer? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jan 05, 2012
born2fuck:

I was an ex customer of LovePeddlers, hot heart break from my ex girlfriend led me into patronizing LovePeddlers and I have no single regret till now and I am sure, about 90% of guys here patronizes them but most are afraid to say this out, I have caught many big men, big boyz most especially in Jolly friend brothel in Ikeja, it is no go area for poor men.Big men LovePeddlers joint and that was where I belong too because I am big men, LovePeddlers are most bootylicious but limited in bleep supply has made me hate which enable me to stop bleeping them except, Wetin wey never do for this world, LovePeddlers, clubs girls, ashewo on street, smokes, drinks ,bleep two sisters but I have quit everything , now talking from experience
So you had to make yourself a statistic so that others will learn from you, instead of learning from others? Duly noted! Hope you serve more of an adviser against such, than encouraging it!
Now answer the question: Provider or Customer? cheesy
Re: Who Should Be Blamed For Prostitution: The Provider Or The Customer? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jan 05, 2012
sexkillz:

Of course MBJ! cheesy But then, it does not become prostit[i]u[/i]tion until money changes hands, until i patronize her and pay for her services! A prostit[i]u[/i]te stands at a roadside or wherever, she doesnt come to you, doesnt beg you, you the customer walk up to her and transacts business. If no one walks up to her, will she "sell"? cheesy

you are right bro, but then again, if there was no gals on the street corner, then the potential customer would simply walk pass.
a woman is offering her services, thus this action IS the ROOT of the issue. what comes thereafter CANNOT be blamed solely for this problem. how can you blame customer (or anything else)  and dismiss the ROOT of this problem?!

men like s[b]e[/b]x and some women are willing to  financially profit from that fact, by selling their toto. again, NO ONE should be blamed for something that make them BOTH happy.

this is the same problem as drugs, who should we blame: the dealers or the junkies?! if there was no dealers there would be no junkies, and vice versa. so again BOTH should be equally blamed.
Re: Who Should Be Blamed For Prostitution: The Provider Or The Customer? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jan 05, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

you are right bro, but then again, if there was no gals on the street corner, then the potential customer would simply walk pass.
a woman is offering her services, thus this action IS the ROOT of the issue. what comes thereafter CANNOT be blamed solely for this problem. how can you blame customer (or anything else)  and dismiss the ROOT of this problem?!

men like s[b]e[/b]x and some women are willing to  financially profit from that fact, by selling their toto. again, NO ONE should be blamed for something that make them BOTH happy.

this is the same problem as drugs, who should we blame: the dealers or the junkies?! if there was no dealers there would be no junkies, and vice versa. so again BOTH should be equally blamed.
What would you have to say about Male Pro[i]s[/i]titutes? Are there no male pro[i]s[/i]titutes? I'll rather stick to the "Provider vs Customer" methodology, instead of blaming a sole gender for prostit[i]u[/i]tion. In the case of male prostit[i]u[/i]tes, who do you blame? I personally will still blame the customer, for fostering and encouraging the business! If i dont patronize your business and your sales are dwindling, what will you do? You'll change business lanes. . . fast! cheesy
Re: Who Should Be Blamed For Prostitution: The Provider Or The Customer? by freecocoa(f): 8:54pm On Jan 05, 2012
The truth of the matter is,one will only keep going back and forth when arguing about this.

They are both to be blamed but I still maintain that the customer is the reason why the business still exists.
The customer has a choice to buy,its not by force,they seller doesn't put a gun to his head and demands to be patronized,he can choose to walk away but he doesn't ,imo that makes him worse than the seller.
Re: Who Should Be Blamed For Prostitution: The Provider Or The Customer? by ronkebp(f): 8:58pm On Jan 05, 2012
None is to blame, but the scarcity of money.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nawa For Guys! / Ladies Will You Call Your Husband "Daddy Wa" Or "Daddy" / Man Told His Girlfriend He Was Broke Jokingly, She Sends Him N100K

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.