Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,161 members, 7,780,141 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:09 AM

How To Renew Your Whatsapp Subscription In Nigeria? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Renew Your Whatsapp Subscription In Nigeria? (9887 Views)

Before You Update Your Whatsapp Messenger, Read This. / Whatsapp And Wikipedia: Do You Know Your Whatsapp Can do This? / How Much Did You Spend On Data Subscription In 2014 ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Renew Your Whatsapp Subscription In Nigeria? by omobone(m): 6:34am On Jan 04, 2012
Whatsapp is a very good messaging application, but its free for one year and after that, you will get to say $1.99 per year to use it. Has anyone renewed his subscription or do you know how to easily renew it in Nigeria? Please, share your comments.
Re: How To Renew Your Whatsapp Subscription In Nigeria? by zsch: 11:08am On Jan 04, 2012
You can pay for it to get another 1yr free. Someone suggested deleting and re-installing it (dont know how effective it is)
Re: How To Renew Your Whatsapp Subscription In Nigeria? by omobone(m): 3:37am On Jan 06, 2012
[/quote][quote author=zsch link=topic=838370.msg9892429#msg9892429 date=1325671694]
You can pay for it to get another 1yr free. Someone suggested deleting and re-installing it (dont know how effective it is)
Thanks for the reply. But, Whatsapp registers your number and once it expires, you can't use it unless you pay. I just found out they accept Paypal, since i don't have a Paypal account, i guess its bye to whatsapp then
Re: How To Renew Your Whatsapp Subscription In Nigeria? by Emmyk(m): 10:48pm On Jan 06, 2012
On my c3, i download, delete and re-install it anyhow, But how can i get whatsapp smileys on my c3 I need help
Re: How To Renew Your Whatsapp Subscription In Nigeria? by aieromon(m): 2:45pm On Jan 07, 2012
I''ll also like to know how to renew the subscription.Whoever has done it should let us know.
Thanks
Re: How To Renew Your Whatsapp Subscription In Nigeria? by puskin: 11:51pm On Jan 07, 2012
^ ^Ooh so ur finally interested in renewing ur subscription.
Re: How To Renew Your Whatsapp Subscription In Nigeria? by aieromon(m): 12:27am On Jan 08, 2012
puskin:

^ ^Ooh so your finally interested in renewing your subscription.

I've always been interested.My subcription which was supposed to expire on the 27th of December was mysteriously pushed back to July 2012.
Re: How To Renew Your Whatsapp Subscription In Nigeria? by hunter121: 4:07am On Jan 08, 2012
Oh, thank God I can grow a beard and am uninterested in picking up other men on message forums!
Re: How To Renew Your Whatsapp Subscription In Nigeria? by lynxnoon(m): 10:13pm On Jan 10, 2012
I just checked now and there's the GOOGLE CHECKOUT option where you can use your gmail account or directly use your credit/debit card (VISA or MASTERCARD )
Cheers
Re: How To Renew Your Whatsapp Subscription In Nigeria? by aieromon(m): 11:47pm On Jan 10, 2012
Thanks for the information.I guess they just added the Google checkout option 'cos it only used to be Paypal.
Re: How To Renew Your Whatsapp Subscription In Nigeria? by puskin: 2:03am On Jan 11, 2012
aieromon:

I've always been interested.My subcription which was supposed to expire on the 27th of December was mysteriously pushed back to July 2012.

Great. . . . . means ur a loyal whatapp fan.
Re: How To Renew Your Whatsapp Subscription In Nigeria? by engrhamid(m): 6:56am On Jan 11, 2012
puskin:

Great. . . . . means your a loyal whatapp fan.
. . .mMm. . .
Re: How To Renew Your Whatsapp Subscription In Nigeria? by charlsecy4(m): 10:33pm On Jan 11, 2012
I downloaded Whatsapp on my phone and it expired after 1 year. I downloaded a newer version, and it's working now on my phone without renewal.
Re: How To Renew Your Whatsapp Subscription In Nigeria? by Isholay: 11:01am On Jan 15, 2012
@ emmky, nokia java phones are partially supported by whatsapp, therefore u can have smileys on it, unless they introduce qanother version.
Re: How To Renew Your Whatsapp Subscription In Nigeria? by omobone(m): 5:25pm On Jan 17, 2012
charlsecy4:

I downloaded Whatsapp on my phone and it expired after 1 year. I downloaded a newer version, and it's working now on my phone without renewal.

So, did you register with the same number you used initially before expiration?
Re: How To Renew Your Whatsapp Subscription In Nigeria? by 2kurupt(m): 2:06pm On May 19, 2012
lynxnoon: I just checked now and there's the GOOGLE CHECKOUT option where you can use your gmail account or directly use your credit/debit card (VISA or MASTERCARD )
Cheers

Sorry to bug you m8 but how does one use the Google Checkout option, can't seem to find it. BTW am on android
Re: How To Renew Your Whatsapp Subscription In Nigeria? by walcolm(m): 3:32pm On May 19, 2012
that app is nice but its not worth paying for.

the reason most people are using it right now is because its free and if they start knocking people off and asking them to pay, you'll see how fast it will die off

that's why every time its about to expire they push back the expiration by 6months
Re: How To Renew Your Whatsapp Subscription In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:59am On Nov 18, 2012
Seems you can renew with Google Checkout via Google Wallet. A service that appears to allow you store your credit and debit cards info on highly secure Google servers. If this is too much of a hassle and you still want to enjoy FREE you can pop your alternative sim card into your phone create a new account with it and then put your regular sim back and sign in with the alternative's sim's ID. I know this cos I've tried it before.
Re: How To Renew Your Whatsapp Subscription In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Nov 18, 2012
trae_z: Seems you can renew with Google Checkout via Google Wallet. A service that appears to allow you store your credit and debit cards info on highly secure Google servers. If this is too much of a hassle and you still want to enjoy FREE you can pop your alternative sim card into your phone create a new account with it and then put your regular sim back and sign in with the alternative's sim's ID. I know this cos I've tried it before.

Yes you can. I renewed mine using GTB Mastercard thru Google checkout.
Re: How To Renew Your Whatsapp Subscription In Nigeria? by mrkels(m): 2:49pm On Nov 18, 2012
DONT RENEW they should go and make money from ads jare. When mine expires, that ll be the end!
Re: How To Renew Your Whatsapp Subscription In Nigeria? by thegenie(m): 10:00pm On Dec 09, 2012
trae_z: Seems you can renew with Google Checkout via Google Wallet. A service that appears to allow you store your credit and debit cards info on highly secure Google servers. If this is too much of a hassle and you still want to enjoy FREE you can pop your alternative sim card into your phone create a new account with it and then put your regular sim back and sign in with the alternative's sim's ID. I know this cos I've tried it before.

Not a very good idea. Your chat contacts will be seeing the new SIM MSISDN instead. If that's what you desire, fine.
Re: How To Renew Your Whatsapp Subscription In Nigeria? by thegenie(m): 10:17pm On Dec 09, 2012
Paypal doesn't work in Nigeria, so we're left with Google Checkout. That means you'll have to enter your Debit (ATM) card details on Google servers (Google Wallet service), and trust Google to keep it safe (imagine your card details leaked, and someone shopping straight from your bank account!).

Another option is to let someone pay for you. On Android, Settings>>Account>>Payment info>>Send payment URL. Send the link via email (or other means) to someone to pay for you. The URL links to the payment page, and carries your MSISDN (Mobile number).

The current annual fee is $0.99 (about N160). I have paid for 12 people so far. If you want me to pay for you, send me a private message with your number and email address and I will revert with details.
omobone: Whatsapp is a very good messaging application, but its free for one year and after that, you will get to say $1.99 per year to use it. Has anyone renewed his subscription or do you know how to easily renew it in Nigeria? Please, share your comments.
Re: How To Renew Your Whatsapp Subscription In Nigeria? by thegenie(m): 10:29pm On Dec 09, 2012
omobone: Whatsapp is a very good messaging application, but its free for one year and after that, you will get to say $1.99 per year to use it. Has anyone renewed his subscription or do you know how to easily renew it in Nigeria? Please, share your comments.

They've revised the price downwards, now $0.99 (about N160). I have renewed via Google checkout service. If you need help to renew, send me a private message.
Re: How To Renew Your Whatsapp Subscription In Nigeria? by Lexusgs430: 11:20pm On Dec 09, 2012
All this long story for $0.99 cents
Na wa o!!! Una no want make whatsapp inc chop?

1 Like

Re: How To Renew Your Whatsapp Subscription In Nigeria? by Prudenceduru(f): 6:09am On Dec 29, 2012
b4 it expires.... go to d options and click on about... or check for upgrade.... click on it n u'll get an upgrade 2 a higher n more better version..... dats hw i was able 2 view profile pictures on my x2
Re: How To Renew Your Whatsapp Subscription In Nigeria? by N8th3n: 2:07am On Dec 30, 2012
I guess you have to pay for a virtual credit card through any bank here then you use the generated card number to subscribe.. go to www.card444.com for further info... undecided
Re: How To Renew Your Whatsapp Subscription In Nigeria? by mexxy1(m): 4:29pm On Jan 15, 2013
@ thegenie, could u put up ur contact details so I can reach u please. Mine is due to expire in March this year but, I'd like to renew before it expires. Thanks
Re: How To Renew Your Whatsapp Subscription In Nigeria? by puskin: 8:11pm On Jan 15, 2013
Lexusgs430: All this long story for $0.99 cents
Na wa o!!! Una no want make whatsapp inc chop?

Abeg, help me ask them. Money wey no reach one bottle of beer.
Re: How To Renew Your Whatsapp Subscription In Nigeria? by Leopantro: 6:45am On Jan 16, 2013
@ thegenie, i'm also interested in linking my gtb card with the google play store.I wasn't to buy a particular app. Would be interested in the details
Re: How To Renew Your Whatsapp Subscription In Nigeria? by Leopantro: 9:35am On Jan 16, 2013
have linked my gtb debt card to play store. thanks for the info.
Re: How To Renew Your Whatsapp Subscription In Nigeria? by kabasa77(m): 9:38am On Jan 16, 2013
@thegenie I would love to do the same..link my gtb card with google play so I can buy apps there. Will be glad if you tell me how. Thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tecno Mobile Plans To Open A Manufacturing Plant In Lagos Nigeria / Children Using Phones: Good Or Bad? / NCC Extends Sim Card Registration Deadline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.