Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,883 members, 7,802,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:19 PM

GEJ's Ijaw Kinsmen Seized The East-west Highway Yesterday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ's Ijaw Kinsmen Seized The East-west Highway Yesterday (8660 Views)

Buhari Arrives Cross Rivers For Flag-off Of 260km Super Highway / Amaechi's Kinsmen Reels Out Jonathan's Developmental Projects In Rivers State / Azazi’s Kinsmen Against His Burial In Yenagoa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ's Ijaw Kinsmen Seized The East-west Highway Yesterday by mukina2: 11:54am On Jan 04, 2012

Ijaw kinsmen of President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday seized the East-West highway (Warri- Port Harcourt Road) as the public outcry against SundayÕs removal of subsidy on the Premium Motor Spirit, popularly known as petrol, by the Federal Government deepened nationwide.

National Mirror gathered that suspected Ijaw militants besieged the highway as early as 6am, halting the free flow of traffic on the strategic road, which serves as the gateway to the heart of the South-South and some parts of the South- East. The protesters in their placards demanded the immediate reversal of the pump price of petrol to N65 per litre, vowing to embark on steady actions to compel government to accede to their request.

The placard-carrying protesters said the removal of subsidy would worsen the living conditions of the people of the Niger Delta and warned Jonathan against recalcitrant posture on the matter. Our correspondent who monitored the protests reported that the action commenced from Bomadi, an Ijaw community and the headquarters of Bomadi Local Government Area of Delta State. The protesters barricaded the highway at Bomadi junction, forcing traffic to spread many kilometres on either side the road.

The traffic buildup spread as far as Uweru in Ughelli North Local Government Area of Delta State. There was no movement on the highway for many hours. Thousands of commuters were stranded while the action lasted. Siren-blaring convoys of some important personalities were caught up in the gridlock. A commuter who spoke to our correspondent said it was a terrible day. He said the experience was Òterrible and worrisome.Ó One of the protesters, who identified himself as Bamigho Ebikabowei, said Jonathan disappointed his kinsmen by embarking on Òanti-people policies and programmes.Ó

Our kinsman (President Jonathan) shows that he is not sensitive to the yearnings and aspirations of the common Nigerians, especially his long suffering people in the Niger Delta by imposing fuel subsidy on Nigerians. ÒWe are going to force him (Jonathan) to reverse the unpopular decision and we are going to collaborate with all relevant stakeholders, including the organised labour, civil society and rights groups to enable the President to see reasons with all right thinking Nigerians. ÒWe are not going to steadily pursue various actions to reverse this unsavoury policy which will further impoverish his (Jonathan) people in the Nigeria.
http://nationalmirroronline.net/news/28352.html
Re: GEJ's Ijaw Kinsmen Seized The East-west Highway Yesterday by JamesDoe: 11:58am On Jan 04, 2012
All of them Nigerians marching for the right to hold their leaders accountable and so that cost of corruption is not thrust on their heads.

These citizens have seen their lands spoiled by a wicked and corrupt political and military elite that GEJ is a member of and is beholden to. 

Nigerians everywhere call these brave and respected citizens: brothers, sisters, mother and father but BEAF (a GEJ sycophant who probably eats from the MASSIVE recurrent expenditure of trillions) calls them PARASITES!
Re: GEJ's Ijaw Kinsmen Seized The East-west Highway Yesterday by Demdem(m): 12:00pm On Jan 04, 2012
True story but that picture seems to be from Ojota undecided
Re: GEJ's Ijaw Kinsmen Seized The East-west Highway Yesterday by dustydee: 12:02pm On Jan 04, 2012
One Guy said they are not protesting.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-838107.0.html
His name is beef
Re: GEJ's Ijaw Kinsmen Seized The East-west Highway Yesterday by Demdem(m): 12:03pm On Jan 04, 2012
This is a welkom development and nothing to be ashamed at all. this draconian policy will affect everybody, kinsmen or no kinsmen.
Re: GEJ's Ijaw Kinsmen Seized The East-west Highway Yesterday by chakula: 12:06pm On Jan 04, 2012
I don’t trust my eyes reading from this article how could these people protested against their brother, how possible was it?
Re: GEJ's Ijaw Kinsmen Seized The East-west Highway Yesterday by Demdem(m): 12:07pm On Jan 04, 2012
chakula:

I don’t trust my eyes reading from this article how could these people protested against their brother, how possible was it?

Very Possible. The greatest critic of OBJ govt were from his state and town.
Re: GEJ's Ijaw Kinsmen Seized The East-west Highway Yesterday by Calebsky(m): 12:09pm On Jan 04, 2012
Nigeria is still working with the 2011 budget which has subsidy as a component, 2012 budget which has no subsidy has not been approved, yet the federal govt has gone ahead to implement the removal of fuel subsidy, .Nigeria is a lawless society. Why wont the people react. Do they think we are all dumb?
Re: GEJ's Ijaw Kinsmen Seized The East-west Highway Yesterday by 989900: 12:10pm On Jan 04, 2012
Hopefully this is true, looks like Ojota though. And where are all those tribalist now? It definitely will be very sad if in this facebook, twitter, Nairaland and BB age we are still effectively being manipulated by tribe and religion.
Re: GEJ's Ijaw Kinsmen Seized The East-west Highway Yesterday by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 12:11pm On Jan 04, 2012
The story just keep changing first it was a clash between Niger Delta militant and Army now its a protest by GEJ kinsmen. How desperate are these people to involve the whole country in this madness?

By the way, the pic is from Lagos Protest saw it yesterday.
Re: GEJ's Ijaw Kinsmen Seized The East-west Highway Yesterday by mukina2: 12:21pm On Jan 04, 2012
Demdem:

it was on the news site, i have removed the pic though.
Re: GEJ's Ijaw Kinsmen Seized The East-west Highway Yesterday by samstels: 12:22pm On Jan 04, 2012
Seun/Moderators

I can see that there is a lot of propaganda going on in this online forum now as regards this fuel subsidy .

In as much as we must report issues across the country and beyond ,let us be reasonable enough to report facts and not falsehood.

I will also advise that people engage in constructive arguments and not just name calling .If you feel nigeria is so bad ,join politics and contest to change the situation and not sitting behind your key board .Talk they say is cheap .

Nigeria state is in a deep corrupt mode ,and requires patience and wisdom to navigate it out of the mess .GEJ is barely 7 months into his 4 year tenure .Let us allow him some time say 2 years .He is slow no doubt but i think slow and steady wins the race .

We shall get there ,we are suffering now for the future of this great nation ,lets not be selfish even unto the unborn generation .

I will be happy to see a future generation that would refer to us as having laid the foundation of what they are enjoying in the future.

May God help Us.
Re: GEJ's Ijaw Kinsmen Seized The East-west Highway Yesterday by lucabraski(f): 12:27pm On Jan 04, 2012
@mukina Do we really have to lie or exagerrate issues to drive home our point? there is no such bridge in bomadi or uvwheru local govt area.
We all agree that GEJ is a big disappointment to all of us, so let us not trivalize the issue or make a mockery of a terrible situation.

GEJ AND PEPE, IT IS TIME TO TAKE A BOW!!!!!!!!!

U ARE NOT FIT FOR THIS COUNTRY AT ALL.

FU CKING THIEVES.
Re: GEJ's Ijaw Kinsmen Seized The East-west Highway Yesterday by Demdem(m): 12:31pm On Jan 04, 2012
samstels:

Seun/Moderators

I can see that there is a lot of propaganda going on in this online forum now as regards this fuel subsidy .

In as much as we must report issues across the country and beyond ,let us be reasonable enough to report facts and not falsehood.

I will also advise that people engage in constructive arguments and not just name calling .If you feel nigeria is so bad ,join politics and contest to change the situation and not sitting behind your key board .Talk they say is cheap .

Nigeria state is in a deep corrupt mode ,and requires patience and wisdom to navigate it out of the mess .GEJ is barely 7 months into his 4 year tenure .Let us allow him some time say 2 years .He is slow no doubt but i think slow and steady wins the race .

We shall get there ,we are suffering now for the future of this great nation ,lets not be selfish even unto the unborn generation .

I will be happy to see a future generation that would refer to us as having laid the foundation of what they are enjoying in the future.

May God help Us.

Took my time to read your post and i wanted to know where u were heading to. i  instantly knew your type when i got to the bolded above. no yawa, just one question:
Who was the president of Nigeria August 2010?
he now has a new 4yr tenure but he has been President far before then
Re: GEJ's Ijaw Kinsmen Seized The East-west Highway Yesterday by Calebsky(m): 12:46pm On Jan 04, 2012
Where is Ngozi? Where is Sanusi? Where is Diezani? These guys are the architects and brains behind this fuel subsidy palava. I thought they were still in negotiations, I can remember the beautiful suggestion Ben Bruce offered, Jonathan, Why are you so clueless?, The voice of the people is the voice of God, You better listen before you get burnt.
Re: GEJ's Ijaw Kinsmen Seized The East-west Highway Yesterday by success4(m): 12:49pm On Jan 04, 2012
samstels:

Seun/Moderators

May God help Us.

I laugh at your post!
Re: GEJ's Ijaw Kinsmen Seized The East-west Highway Yesterday by aljharem3: 12:51pm On Jan 04, 2012
protest begins at warri !!!!!!!!!!!
Re: GEJ's Ijaw Kinsmen Seized The East-west Highway Yesterday by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jan 04, 2012
samstels:

Seun/Moderators

May God help Us.

ROFLMAO.

I mean, how do people like yourself even think? Why don't you ask him to give up the  N1Billion he intends to use to feed for one year if he's really slow.
Re: GEJ's Ijaw Kinsmen Seized The East-west Highway Yesterday by aljharem3: 1:02pm On Jan 04, 2012
Protesters in President Goodluck Jonathan's Niger Delta home region in the southeast, including former militants who wreaked havoc until a series of peace deals ending in 2010, blocked the Warri-Port Harcourt highway, until three vanloads of soldiers turned up to chase them away.

http://www.rnw.nl/africa/article/man-dies-nigerian-protests-over-fuel-prices
Re: GEJ's Ijaw Kinsmen Seized The East-west Highway Yesterday by mukina2: 1:06pm On Jan 04, 2012
lucabraski:

@mukina Do we really have to lie or exagerrate issues to drive home our point? there is no such bridge in bomadi or uvwheru local govt area.
We all agree that GEJ is a big disappointment to all of us, so let us not trivalize the issue or make a mockery of a terrible situation.

GEJ AND PEPE, IT IS TIME TO TAKE A BOW!!!!!!!!!

U ARE NOT FIT FOR THIS COUNTRY AT ALL.

FU  CKING THIEVES.

Demdem:

mukina2:

it was on the news site, i have removed the pic though.

Let me make it easy for you, if you click on the news link about the Ijaw protest, that pic is there. smh
Re: GEJ's Ijaw Kinsmen Seized The East-west Highway Yesterday by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jan 04, 2012
Supid !!!, Why put ojota picture for news in the east.
Re: GEJ's Ijaw Kinsmen Seized The East-west Highway Yesterday by aljharem3: 1:14pm On Jan 04, 2012
Ijaw protest. keep going
Re: GEJ's Ijaw Kinsmen Seized The East-west Highway Yesterday by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jan 04, 2012
Where are the ibos in all these ? Instead of them to protest,they are busy collecting money from politicians.
Re: GEJ's Ijaw Kinsmen Seized The East-west Highway Yesterday by otokx(m): 2:03pm On Jan 04, 2012
blatant lie
Re: GEJ's Ijaw Kinsmen Seized The East-west Highway Yesterday by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jan 04, 2012
So when are they going to go out for the poor masses ?
Re: GEJ's Ijaw Kinsmen Seized The East-west Highway Yesterday by sheyguy: 2:48pm On Jan 04, 2012
They do't av poor masses, they r all rich.
Re: GEJ's Ijaw Kinsmen Seized The East-west Highway Yesterday by emmke(m): 2:53pm On Jan 04, 2012
where's that Beaf of a guy? I knew he'd be put to shame. Trust him not to get near this thread. But again he might just pop up. That guy is shameless.
Re: GEJ's Ijaw Kinsmen Seized The East-west Highway Yesterday by Chyz2: 2:56pm On Jan 04, 2012
The story is filled with lies. It has nothing to do with GEJ's kinsmen. This just a protest in PH. The ex-militants have come out recently to protest against not receiving amnesty.
Re: GEJ's Ijaw Kinsmen Seized The East-west Highway Yesterday by aljharem3: 2:57pm On Jan 04, 2012
Chyz*:

The story is filled with lies. It has nothing to do with GEJ's kinsmen. This just a protest in PH. The ex-militants have come out recently to protest against not receiving amnesty.

protest in Warri-Port Harcourt highway, in Delta state against fuel subsidy
Re: GEJ's Ijaw Kinsmen Seized The East-west Highway Yesterday by Chyz2: 2:58pm On Jan 04, 2012
alj_harem:

Protesters in President Goodluck Jonathan's Niger Delta home region in the[b] southeast, [/b] including former militants who wreaked havoc until a series of peace deals ending in 2010, blocked the Warri-Port Harcourt highway, until three vanloads of soldiers turned up to chase them away.

http://www.rnw.nl/africa/article/man-dies-nigerian-protests-over-fuel-prices
undecided
Re: GEJ's Ijaw Kinsmen Seized The East-west Highway Yesterday by JamesDoe: 3:00pm On Jan 04, 2012
emmke:

where's that Beaf of a guy? I knew he'd be put to shame. Trust him not to get near this thread. But again he might just pop up. That guy is shameless.

GEJ has called a meeting of ministers and their army of special advisers. People say BEAF is Reno Omokri so there is a suspicion that he is in Abuja waiting for his masters to hand down his orders. He last logged in at 7.30am per his profile.

But as he has an IPAD, he will probably appear anytime now and start insulting people.

He may also login under another account and type in a "BEAF" manner to go after people and pretend he has mass appeal.

(1) (2) (Reply)

First Water Flyover In The World, Can We See This In Nigeria ? / Borno To Rebuild Churches Destroyed By Boko Haram / Idahosa: Edo PDP Have Refused To Accommodate Defecting APC Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.