Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,329 members, 7,780,853 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:37 AM

How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? (21824 Views)

Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? / How To Make A Girl Spend On You..(principles) / How Much Did You Spend On The Engagement Ring? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by tiwola: 12:02pm On Jan 04, 2012
Hi, just popped the question and she said YES!
Hurray for me.
Now I've been seeing all sorts of wedding plans and designs.
Saw a few we liked but havent made up our minds yet.
But here's a question I'd like y'all to answer for me.

HOW MUCH DID YOUR WEDDING COST?
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by lolaluv1(f): 12:06pm On Jan 04, 2012
Depends on the kind and type of wedding you're going for.

But just get ready. Everything increased with the subsidy removal! Weddings are going to be a whole lot more expensive,

CONGRATS BTW smiley
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by tiwola: 12:13pm On Jan 04, 2012
Thanks for the reply. And good wishes.
Please o, we need figures.
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by Dyt(f): 12:42pm On Jan 04, 2012
well d least weddin so far wit 50ppl ll go 4 atleast 800k
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by Flashaldrin(m): 12:44pm On Jan 04, 2012
well, congrats.
if this doesnt make front page i dont see you getting straight replies, cos most guys here aint married yet.
me, i have no idea lipsrsealed
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by Odunnu: 12:50pm On Jan 04, 2012
Dyt:

well d least weddin so far wit 50ppl ll go 4 atleast 800k
You need an Accountant or Economist in your life- literally.

@topic: Give me a total amount of what you have no matter how big or small, tell me the number of guests you are expecting and event planners here would be nice enough to help in a free wedding plan for you.
Congrats!
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by Dyt(f): 12:54pm On Jan 04, 2012
mayb u tk it upon ursef ma'am
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by lolaluv1(f): 1:03pm On Jan 04, 2012
tiwola:

Thanks for the reply. And good wishes.
Please o, we need figures.

The thing is;
Weddings are not 'one size fits all'. Someone could spend 50k, another one could spend 10 mil. And at the end of the day, they are all wedded. Your situation is unique, so don't rely on figures from somebody else.
OR if you give more info, then we could come up with figures.

How many guests are you expecting? What are your people helping out with? What are her people helping out with? What tribe are you? What tribe is your woman? Are you using caterers or are relatives doing the cooking? The season you put your date could also determine prizes of foodstuffs.

What about your wedding cake? Do you have a relative who bakes or you're ordering one?

Will you use a friend as your MC or you're getting a professional? You have to put a DJ in perspective too. And a camera man!! And someone to record the events. smiley

Do you want indoors or outdoor kind of reception? What about decor? Extravagant or simple?

Wedding dress. Do you want locally sewn, London made abi Dubai made? Abi she wants to rent one?

Then the tux too (I believe you know the worth of a good suit) wink Your shoes too!

Then you can't forget the rings. Platinum and diamond (verrrry expensive and everlasting but you might not get a second hand market for it if you want to sell it). English gold rings (quite expensive+everlasting + good secondhand value), Romanian gold (moderately priced+everlasting + no secondhand value), GL (moderate+long lasting and quite durable) or Hausa made (cheap+get set to change it soon after the wedding).

What about the drinks? Bottles or cans? Are your friends helping you out in anyway?

A cow or two?

Then her dowry. I believe you have a list or you will be given one during introduction. You can find out the cost of the items in the market or put them here and I'll cost them for you.

This is just a drop in the ocean of the things to be done oh! Give a little more info about the questions I asked, then we could start getting an idea of the price tag for your wedding!! smiley

N>B
Don't forget the Aso-oke (if you're Yoruba). The price will depend on if you're using silk wool or cotton. Usually, there's 'to match' lace also (for the two of you). Then the accessories that come with the native wear too. Like her 'to match' fan, shoe and bag. Her jewelry too. Her head piece, white fan, veil, bracelet and watch. (Don't forget that there will be two or more sets of jewelries, bags and shoes. one for trads and the other for the white).

Does she want professional makeup? Don't forget about her hair for the white wedding, manicure and pedicure too!

2 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by Flashaldrin(m): 1:09pm On Jan 04, 2012
^^^ wowww.
we've really got planners here.

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by Dyt(f): 1:10pm On Jan 04, 2012
^ u find even agbero ere

op contact me 4 ur honey moon packages
i promise 2 give u d best
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by Odunnu: 1:19pm On Jan 04, 2012
@OP: what lola said should be taken to consideration. Thats exactly what I said in my post.
You shouldnt ask how much my wedding cost because we are two different people. While I had mine indoors, you might want yours at the poolside, field or under mango tree. The prices for ever need/want and its complement and substitute vary. Thats why I ask once again 'how much do you have and how many guests are expected?' lets start from there
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by lolaluv1(f): 1:27pm On Jan 04, 2012
Flashaldrin:

^^^ wowww.
we've really got planners here.

Blushing embarassed

Odunnu:

@OP: what lola said should be taken to consideration. Thats exactly what I said in my post.
You shouldnt ask how much my wedding cost because we are two different people. While I had mine indoors, you might want yours at the poolside, field or under mango tree. The prices for ever need/want and its complement and substitute vary. Thats why I ask once again 'how much do you have and how many guests are expected?' lets start from there

True! smiley
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jan 04, 2012
Dyt:

^ u find even agbero ere

op contact me 4 your honey moon packages
i promise 2 give u d best

You be thief, barawo. 800k for 50 people like u spent one-tenth of that on ur own. Shey na 10 million u go collect for the honeymoon ni?
Not saying people don't spend millions on weddings but i hate the way people on NL always like to act like they belong up there. Ole

My coz spent almost 8 million on his wedding but me think op is just a young upcoming guy who is looking for quality at the most reasonable and affordable rates.
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by Odunnu: 3:34pm On Jan 04, 2012
Gaggi:

You be thief, barawo. 800k for 50 people like u spent one-tenth of that on your own. Shey na 10 million u go collect for the honeymoon ni?
Not saying people don't spend millions on weddings but i hate the way people on NL always like to act like they belong up there. Ole

Will you please stop generalising? While at it, learn to communicate without insulting others. Its repulsive even online

My coz spent almost 8 million on his wedding but me think op is just a young upcoming guy who is looking for quality at the most reasonable and affordable rates.
N8m for wedding? Wow! Is your cousin the son of one of the politicians stealing our money? What does he do?
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jan 04, 2012
Odunnu:

Will you please stop generalising? While at it, learn to communicate without insulting others. Its repulsive even online

N8m for wedding? Wow! Is your cousin the son of one of the politicians stealing our money? What does he do?

Sorry ma'am. Truth be told my cousin is into some very illegal stuff and he spends money like it's going out of fashion. Not proud of it but why should i lie. Never try to do a wedding like d guy next door.
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by kels001: 3:42pm On Jan 04, 2012
i spent 950k on mine and that is because i and my wife block out intruders and planned it all ourselves. the best thing to do is that you should request from the ladies family what their tradition  demands and make sure you provides that and apart from that all other things is upto you and your wife. i hope this helps. and if you must know i had about 350 in attendance and there was enough to eat and drink and this include cake. if you want i can send pix and i am talking of last 3weeks. guest
please tradition varies too, for example the benin's do not take more than 25 naira(twentyfive naira) for bride pride.
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jan 04, 2012
two dollars.
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by Badminton: 3:47pm On Jan 04, 2012
@Lola and Odunu!
I am in Tiwola's shoe also, u would be of great help!
I have 200k expecting 100-120 guests
Plan to have it in Aug, I be Yoruba-Yoruba
Waiting to read from U.
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by swagalish: 3:54pm On Jan 04, 2012
Question such as the tribe you are marrying from ? should be addressed first , if you want an honest answer to your question / post.
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jan 04, 2012

I am in Tiwola's shoe also, u would be of great help!
I have 200k expecting 100-120 guests
Plan to have it in Aug, I be Yoruba-Yoruba
Waiting to read from U.

It's gonna be tough o.
100 naira per head?

i spent 950k on mine and that is because i and my wife block out intruders and planned it all ourselves. the best thing to do is that you should request from the ladies family what their tradition  demands and make sure you provides that and apart from that all other things is upto you and your wife. i hope this helps. and if you must know i had about 350,000 in attendance and there was enough to eat and drink and this include cake. if you want i can send pix and i am talking of last 3weeks.

Is it a typo or you're so so popular?  cheesy
@Badminton,

I will advice you to do your wedding at 3am very early in the morning (when most of them go still dey sleep) like our very own JOSEPH YOBO did!

Because that more no fit cater for Food and drink alone for that number of guest not to talk of the rentals, decoration, cake, small chops, chair covers, mc/live band and so many others.

You have a choice to either cut down drastically on the numbers of visitors you are expecting, or step up your budget BIG TIME!
kels001:

i spent 950k on mine and that is because i and my wife block out intruders and planned it all ourselves. the best thing to do is that you should request from the ladies family what their tradition  demands and make sure you provides that and apart from that all other things is upto you and your wife. i hope this helps. and if you must know i had about 350,000 in attendance and there was enough to eat and drink and this include cake. if you want i can send pix and i am talking of last 3weeks.

As in Three Hundred And Fifty Thousand guests? Kindly re-check your figures wink.
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by CalienteMi: 3:57pm On Jan 04, 2012
1 cent.
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by ufos77: 4:01pm On Jan 04, 2012
lola.luv please get in touch with me on ufos77@yahoo.ca
We need to talk. I am planning for a wedding within the near future
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by kels001: 4:04pm On Jan 04, 2012
@Richfella  na my wedding and na me hold the money and i dey tell you the fact. do you expect me to say 2or 9 million like some people do in this forum? that will make me a liar and i wont do that. that is the amount i spent. no need to recheck my figure.
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jan 04, 2012
On homepage already.
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by Demdem(m): 4:06pm On Jan 04, 2012
It depends on both of you and your inlaws.
Congratulation.
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jan 04, 2012
@Richfella  na my wedding and na me hold the money and i dey tell you the fact. do you expect me to say 2or 9 million like some people do in this forum? that will make me a liar and i wont do that. that is the amount i spent. no need to recheck my figure.

Read properly and don't be in haste to type.
You said you had 350,000 guests which Richfella queried.

The number of guests is in doubt and not the money you spent.
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by Flygeriana(m): 4:12pm On Jan 04, 2012
BlueDiva:

It's gonna be tough o.
100 naira per head?
TGMLSH grin grin
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:17pm On Jan 04, 2012
@ The planners here;

I'll be popping the question in 4 months (just as soon as I can travel and get her the ring).

Frankly, I would love to have a 20 guest wedding but my babe is looking at an 800 guest wedding.

So, here is the deal, excluding the food which will be done for free by a professional catering company, the ring which I will buy, the hall which will be taken care of and the dresses which will also be taken care of.

How much (estimate) would the decoration of a hall capable of sitting 600 guests in a round table format, the marquee and tables/chairs, drinks, D.J and other such things cost on the average?!

My girl is budgeting 10million Naira - 20million Naira (all inclusive) and I'm seriously asking myself if that is worth blowing up for a 2 day event.

What would an 800 guest wedding cost on the average?!
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by sugar001(f): 4:19pm On Jan 04, 2012
4 mil.
Re: How Much Did You Spend On Your Wedding? by kels001: 4:21pm On Jan 04, 2012
@Bluediva and Richfella i am sorry and without further delay i tender my apologies to the both of you next time i will read well before sending, i mean to say 350 guest not thousand. thanks and i will modify my message now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Is Your Nairaland Crush / My NYSC Sex Experience. / Natural Ways To Become Virgin Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.