Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,996 members, 7,803,310 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:28 PM

Uk Visa Application Refused - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Visa Application Refused (3312 Views)

More Reasons Why Visa Applications Are Refused / Should Nigerians Pay £3000 For UK Visa Bond?? / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uk Visa Application Refused by markypolo: 3:25pm On Jan 04, 2012
HELLO EVERYONE! CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE GIVE ME AN ADVICE.  I APPLIED FOR A UK VISA TIER 2 DEPENDANT VISA.  MY APPLICATION WAS BEING REFUSED BECAUSE OF THIS VERY SIMPLE/MINOR 2 GROUNDS. 1ST IS MY WIFE SENT ME 3 ORIGINAL BANK STATEMENTS,  I WASN'T ABLE TO APPLY WITHIN 1 MONTH.  WHEN I AM READY TO APPLY, MY WIFE SENT ME HER LATEST BANK STATEMENT THROUGH FAX. THE REASON FOR THE REFUSAL IS ALL DOCUMENTS MUST BE ORIGINAL.  IT WAS AN HONEST MISTAKE THAT WE SEND 3 ORIGINAL BANK STATEMENTS AND 1 FAX COPY. 2ND GROUNDS IS MY WIFE'S BANK ACCOUNT FUNDING FALLS BELOW £533 POUNDS.  THE RULE IS MY WIFE SHOULD HAVE ATLEAST £533 FOR 90DAYS PERIOD.  OUR APPEAL TO THAT FUND IS, MY WIFE IS SENDING ME £400 MONTHLY SINCE AUGUST 2010. WE EVEN SENT ALL THE REMITTANCE RECEIPT TOGETHER WITH ALL OUR NECESSARY DOCUMENTS.

IS IT WISE TO RE-APPLY?  PLEASE HELP

MANY THANKS, KINDEST REGARDS

MARKY
Re: Uk Visa Application Refused by Mayflowa(m): 7:58pm On Jan 04, 2012
Very sorry about it. I dont know if u can get help from this section. There is another section on Nairaland called Travelling. Guys will be most willing to answer your questions there.

Why are you collecting so much from your wife? Many of such wives are rare. Please do love her wholeheartedly if you did get to meet her in Uk because I know money is very hard to get here. And don't expect this generosity to continue because you will have to work to contibute to the family pause too otherwise I will have no respect for you.
Re: Uk Visa Application Refused by markypolo: 10:12pm On Jan 04, 2012
thank you for your response mayflowa. we are paying our house and lot back home, that is her share and my share is exactly the same amount. I also do the maintenance of that property.
Re: Uk Visa Application Refused by bigbumper(f): 1:30am On Jan 05, 2012
*Scratching head*

With regards to the bank statements, all immigration forms have a guidance note attached, which is what you follow to the "T" when applying, and as far as i know, most of them usually states "photocopies" of docs should be included, so you would have had a legal ground to stand on, but in your own case, there is no need bringing this to the attention of the ECO and ECM because you also failed the maintenance test requirement.

I don't understand all this Tier 1, Tier 2, Upper tier, second floor, lower decking, etc, category jare, dunno why they fixed something that ain't broke in the first instance, so would have to sleep over this. . . tomorrow is another day . . .

1 Like

Re: Uk Visa Application Refused by moremi2008(m): 3:42am On Jan 06, 2012
Unfortunately, that's the way it works with bureaucratic visa processing. You have to follow the rules to a "T". Why didn't your wife borrow money for a couple of months to add to her account? Wait a while for her to save enough money to meet the requirement and then re-apply with original documents. Good luck!
Re: Uk Visa Application Refused by OAM4J: 4:46am On Jan 06, 2012
You will get better response in travel section, there are experts on issues bothering on visa applications in that section.

----------> Travel Section
Re: Uk Visa Application Refused by bigbumper(f): 11:57am On Jan 06, 2012
moremi2008:

Unfortunately, that's the way it works with bureaucratic visa processing. You have to follow the rules to a "T". Why didn't your wife borrow money for a couple of months to add to her account? Wait a while for her to save enough money to meet the requirement and then re-apply with original documents. Good luck!

The rules are always ambiguous and never straightforward and their is always an exception to every rule, like in this instance where the VAF people will tell you, you can only submit original bank statements whereby the immigration form says photocopies, only for one to submit and the ECO turns it down like in this case stating their usual "because of high volume of fraud blah, blah, blah. . .

Now if this was the only ground the OP was refused, the ECO's decision would have been wrong, and the way round this would have been to put in an appeal stating that the application form says photocopies, and if they have a problem with high level of forgeries, the onus is on them to call the Bank in the UK to investigate if they had any concern and this always works.

But unfortunately, the OP would have to re-apply because maintenance issues was also raised. And like I said earlier, I am sure there is a loophole that would be found somewhere in the Law, for instance, if I am a fulltime student that is only allowed to work 20 hours a week, how do you expect me to pay rent, pay my bills, send 400GBP home monthly to my wife and you expect me to still have a minimum of 500GBP at the end of the month shocked I bet this would make them take a second and a tenth look at that rule again grin Na today grin

(1) (Reply)

Living In Guyana / How Do I Get To Teslim Balogun Stadium From Iyana-ipaja / Life In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.