Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,387 members, 7,781,111 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:08 AM

How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? (13875 Views)

How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever / What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? / Best Way To Prepare A Jollof Rice: How? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by PwityGelax: 2:42pm On Jan 06, 2012
Such a relieving topic
I prefer my wt plenty gnut'sugar n plenty water

1 Like

Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by OAM4J: 2:50pm On Jan 06, 2012
Jarus:

1,Hot sunny afternoon
2, Bowl of garri
3, Mix with groundnut
4, Mix with moderate sugar
5 Add chilled water(or if you like, iced block)
6 Don't drain, else it will lose some taste
7 Off your shirt and leave only singlet and untie your trousers if wearing native, loosen your belt if wearing English
8, Then attack

lol  grin grin grin grin

oyb:

what are we talking about here ?  cheesy cheesy cheesy

Alhaji, we are talking about how to drink garri now, what else? better no let Alhaja know what else you are thinking  grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jan 06, 2012
Ijebu garri ( the crunchy one ) with very cold water , iced cubes and smoked/roasted titus/shawa with sugar is da bomb ( no be boko haram bomb oh )
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by COUNTAWO: 3:06pm On Jan 06, 2012
Now you guys are makin me feel like taking garri.
In fact i'll take garri as soon as i reach home today. lol.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by chrisja(m): 3:08pm On Jan 06, 2012
Nice thread, helps relax d mind from all dis subsidy wahala even if for a while

1 Like

Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by chrisja(m): 3:15pm On Jan 06, 2012
I take my garri( pefered to akamu) in the morning wit akara, cold water, sugar & salt mixed if there is no milk but wit milk minus salt, In the afternoon or evening garri , cold water, sugar & milk wit those big seeded groundnut or smoked fish men wat a wonderful experience, lol
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by Vidamia(m): 3:17pm On Jan 06, 2012
Pour gari into a cup with sugar, cowbell sachet, burger and WELL water.
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by Aparche(f): 3:20pm On Jan 06, 2012
IG + cooked beans=nice cheesy
IG + moi-moi= yummy kiss
IG + bread fruit pottage = OUT OF THIS WORLD! cool

where IG is a constant meaning Ijebu Garri. cheesy
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by ichommy(m): 3:23pm On Jan 06, 2012
Jarus:

1,Hot sunny afternoon
2, Bowl of garri
3, Mix with groundnut
4, Mix with moderate sugar
5 Add chilled water(or if you like, iced block)
6 Don't drain, else it will lose some taste
7 Off your shirt and leave only singlet and untie your trousers if wearing native, loosen your belt if wearing English
8, Then attack

Jarus u be legend ooo
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jan 06, 2012
garri with petrol
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by eridah2007(m): 3:28pm On Jan 06, 2012
queensmith:

ice cold- with sugar, put in some groundnut, or sugar coated peanuts

and fried or roasted fish. Trust me its amazing

its also very nice

ice cold with sugar

and piping hot beans!!

After dat,na to sleep carry belle face up.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz cool
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jan 06, 2012
@Jarus,

Then attack ? grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by Felepumpin(m): 3:32pm On Jan 06, 2012
Abeg your upbringing isnt complete without garri
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by emmatok(m): 3:33pm On Jan 06, 2012
For me,

It is iced water, Garri and Coconut .

It taste batter.
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jan 06, 2012
eridah2007:

Yes, I agree with this.

From experience: Post(Garri + beans) = Sleep.

If you have time to sleep after attacking, then you may sub kulikuli for beans(cooked with fresh palm oil). Just set your fan close, after attacking, I tell you within 5 minutes you will find yourself sleeping on the floor. you wil not even remember to pack your materials(cup, sugar pack etc).
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by eridah2007(m): 3:48pm On Jan 06, 2012
Na gaffi u wan take play grin grin
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by Marlboro1: 3:50pm On Jan 06, 2012
Boko Haram killings
Fuel subsidy removal wahala
Innocent citizens dying
So much economic hardship in the land
High Unemployment
Strikes all over the land and more to come
Buhari and Babangida's wishes coming true

And all that you care about is drinking gari.
So idiotic!
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by maasoap(m): 3:52pm On Jan 06, 2012
I'm used to eating my gari in dry form follow by sugar, then I would drink water on top. After that, I would run around for 15 minutes for mixing. Studies have shown that internally mixing is better than externally mixing.
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by lordimpaq(m): 3:57pm On Jan 06, 2012
Marlboro1:

Boko Haram killings
Fuel subsidy removal wahala
Innocent citizens dying
So much economic hardship in the land
High Unemployment
Strikes all over the land and more to come
Buhari and Babangida's wishes coming true

And all that you care about is drinking gari.
So idiotic!

ma guy, go take garri for ya life,

at least its a way of relieving stress, at least some humour won't kill na, would it?
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by aieromon(m): 4:01pm On Jan 06, 2012
Damn,I drank so much garri during my secondary school that I almost went blind grin

I only drink garri with either beans/akara/moi-moi nowadays and never alone.Of course,the garri has to be sour for best effects.
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by freecocoa(f): 4:15pm On Jan 06, 2012
All these talk dey make me wan smoke garri.
Its best for me with cold water,milk and sugar. I don't like ground nut with mine,though sometimes I use coconut.
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by richy5(m): 4:18pm On Jan 06, 2012
Garrri with nescafe,little guiness and milk, best way have ever seen
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by ronkebp(f): 4:32pm On Jan 06, 2012
shadrach77:

you mean you drink garri in philadelphia too? shocked shocked shocked

Everly!!!!oooo, gari is something i can't stop drinking, even if i am in the ''White house''. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by wowo2: 4:40pm On Jan 06, 2012
you will enjoy it more if you don't drink it, ,
but give it away to those who do not have garri to drink
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by muyoto: 4:47pm On Jan 06, 2012
my mouth actually began to water reading the responses. tongue

the funny thing is that I've not taken garri in almost 3 yrs
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by eridah2007(m): 4:52pm On Jan 06, 2012
Taste gud with smoked rabbit or fowl  cool
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by kizito96(m): 5:18pm On Jan 06, 2012
The best food in Summer
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by ARareGem(f): 5:19pm On Jan 06, 2012
Garri with fried fish, palm oil/groundnut oil beans, akara, moi-moi,  roasted pork meat, chocolate-milk-sugar. . .

Just Garri all the way! cool grin
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by segunjowo(m): 5:20pm On Jan 06, 2012
grin grin
Garri is good.
Pls stock pile your house with plenty of it for this impending strike o! grin
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by muyoto: 5:24pm On Jan 06, 2012
^^^ no be lie o!!
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by Nosyke(m): 6:08pm On Jan 06, 2012
Jarus:

Yes, I agree with this.

From experience: Post(Garri + beans) = Sleep.

If you have time to sleep after attacking, then you may sub kulikuli for beans(cooked with fresh palm oil). Just set your fan close, after attacking, I tell you within 5 minutes you will find yourself sleeping on the floor. you wil not even remember to pack your materials(cup, sugar pack etc).

Seems you did Garriology in School.Mehn, You are a legend grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Think Is The Best Way To Drink Garri? by queensmith: 6:12pm On Jan 06, 2012
eridah2007:

lol! because one has overestimated the amount of beans/garri proportion to take, has eat too much food and must now sleep off (niggeritis) to regain energy!

the joys of being naija ponbele!! cool

@ jarus. . . .attack!

in fact LWKMD!!! thumbs up!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Prepare Peppered Goat Meat Without Grill (tasty Asun Recipe) / 6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Daniel Fast Recipes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.