Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,322 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:19 AM

1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide (13394 Views)

INNOSON Donates 21 Buses To Support Gej's Re-election / Mass Evacuation Of Igbos In Maidugri! Guo Offers 20 Buses To Stranded Passagers / Gov. Uduaghan Commissions 100 Buses To Boost Transportation In Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by Nobody: 6:09am On Jan 05, 2012
dustydee:

What do we call the buses? Subsidy line or subsidy express.

"BADLUCK" FLEET
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by crackhouse(m): 6:30am On Jan 05, 2012
1600 buses to carry 150m people. Kai, this Gej is still comparing Nigeria with Bayelsa state. 43 buses per state, that means it will take up to 2hrs to see a bus that will take u to ur destination.
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by Mayflowa(m): 7:18am On Jan 05, 2012
Guys, Removal of subsidy is not a bad idea less Nigeria will face doomsday. But are our leader sincere? Are you also sincere as a person when in charge. We can continue like this. The number of people consuming fuel is increasingly larger. The Government cannot contine to pay N75 for every litre you buy.
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by Mayflowa(m): 7:27am On Jan 05, 2012
There ought to have been up to 6month enlightement. During which these buses will be provided and power generation increased before shooting this good gun so that it won't kill. Gej is not smart enough!

Do you know how million litres of petrol that is paid for by our government and diverted to be sold at N150
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by iswell1(m): 7:29am On Jan 05, 2012
why some Nigerian never agree with GJ in what so ever he dose,may God help usoo!
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by Aluksboy(m): 7:46am On Jan 05, 2012
Na wa oh, dem don start again. A way of embezzling our money.
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by manmacho: 7:48am On Jan 05, 2012
is well:

why some Nigerian never agree with GJ in what so ever he dose,may God help usoo!

most Nigerian are like spectator; they play better with there mouth than those on the field.

ask them take up little responsibilty, u go see flop everywhere.

leadership decision are never popular anywhere in the world. but a good leader will stand firm defiling all odds.

let us support our own. the president has been talking is a shame we are not listening.

let us make this sacrifice support subsidy. Nigeria na my country i must to do bettter for ram
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by swiftycool(m): 7:51am On Jan 05, 2012
Does this Govt think or analyze stuff at all? How does the average pepper grinder who uses fuel to power her machine 4 business cope? Or the vulcaniser needing fuel for his machine as  well, what of d barbers and hair dressers needing generators to power their businesses, business centre owners, cyber cafe owners, small office operators, mini bars and restaurants etc. The private transporters try to cope with d prevailing trend and Note only they can help transport traders goods from state to state or village to towns.

Now tell me of what use are these 43 busses provided by blockheads to these who happen to be the bulk of d masses, infact I believe in their usual selfish style dey aim to provide these busses for civil servants who work 4 dem and prevent excuses dat may arise.

The only real paliative that might be reasonable is boosting electricity by up to an extra 2000Mw. If not these busses R a waste of money and would b a BiG joke 4 d problem dey created.

Lucky Joe and his blockhead crew. . . . SMH
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by topeorekoy(m): 7:55am On Jan 05, 2012
Sometimes I regret casting my vote for GEJ.

Providing 43 Buses per state, is that the solution to the removal of this subsidy? His provision will only cater for conveying pple to their destination. How about other things in the economy? How will the market women/male convey their good from point of purchase to point of sales?? How will companies  convey goods from point of purchase to sales?? Has he tot of that?? If Nigerians do not resist this subsidy, we are in for something serious in 2012 because prices of good will definitely go up. Whoever gave him this advise needs to be probed because that advice is not good at all.

Is GEJ Doctorate degree academical or honorary?

I hope they will not come up and say that they purchase the buses for Trillions of dollars. Contractors to handle the purchase of these buses go chop money wella
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by MrInfo1(m): 7:56am On Jan 05, 2012
So the govt had money to buy buses before but refused to  cry
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by Aluksboy(m): 7:59am On Jan 05, 2012
will dis solve the mata
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by healthlife(m): 8:01am On Jan 05, 2012
Bus ke! SMH, What kind of government do we have. I knew we didn't have good leaders but I didn't know they were this directionless. And yet when the West makes fun of us, we get upset. Sighhhhhhh!
God na your hand we dey o!
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by moshoodn(m): 8:25am On Jan 05, 2012
Buses ko, trailer ni
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by moshoodn(m): 8:26am On Jan 05, 2012
Buses ko, trailer ni
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by Konnektions146(m): 8:30am On Jan 05, 2012
sometimes, i wonder if these guys attended primary school at all

wat a cr. azy measure, 43 buses per state? lagos alone will consume over 1000.
is transportation the only petrol related business, they just succeed in killing some small-medium scale businesses.

that means those drivers and conductors that earn a living using a petrol-powered vehicles should go back to the village.

i guess these guys dont have anythin to say.

i know we will adjust in no time as God help us
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by Hardunnii(f): 8:35am On Jan 05, 2012
Mr badluck, we need 500 here in oyo state, beaf pls convey my message to presido, will ya
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by omenziate(m): 9:29am On Jan 05, 2012
Mayb d buses will b 8 storeys, whereby lapping and attachment will b inclusive. Useless ferora hat wearing anthropoid.
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by Nobody: 9:51am On Jan 05, 2012
Lets even forget for one second that the mumu gave 1600 buses for almost 200Million people. Lets forget that the money wasted on those buses could have been put to something more meaningful. . . . . So the buses will transport people for free abi? They will run on Coca-Cola or Dr.Pepper?

Anyone that says this guy must not be removed IMMEDIATELY ehn . . . .

I don't even know what to say anymore.
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by atasteve: 10:02am On Jan 05, 2012
Buses won't solve the problems but a check on how state money is being spent.
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by realborn(m): 10:10am On Jan 05, 2012
I am convinced that GEJ's team is the weakest ever. Is there scarcity of transportation? Intracity, I doubt. And if yes, will an allocation of 2 buses per local government be the solution? Why were those buses not purchased from Innoson, an indigenous manufacturer? How do they intend to recoup the investment in 5 years without commuting at competitive market price? Considering that they took a loan @ 5% interest and the venture is to be managed by a private firm. This confirms that GEJ is shortsighted because this mitigation measure is insignificant. Moreso, these buses must have been purchased months ago if distribution is scheduled for Monday. Thus the townhall meeting was an absolute waste of time.

The FGN has zero management skills. The present day Ministers and economic advisers are the worst ever. I strongly believe someone is paying these goons to mislead GEJ, thereby causing anarchy and an eventual overthrow/impeachment. They are capitalising on his ignorance and inexperience. The dude is not worthy of administering his LGA sef. Shame
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by Nadanbata: 10:17am On Jan 05, 2012
Oya 'Beaf' where you dey cheesycheesy

Come an explain the bus hahahaha.
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by spence002(m): 10:30am On Jan 05, 2012
43 buses per state. which mean each local government in Lagos will take less than 3. I think GEJ and his cohort are senseless. Are dey taking us for dumps. Let them watch out Revolution is coming
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by y2kaustin(m): 11:03am On Jan 05, 2012
will the buses be operating with Urine or Solar power? who will be responsible for whatever will be generation motion for the bus?will the fleet be free?if no where will be money accrued from these GEJ venture be going to?what will the money accrued from these venture be ploughed into?, Na wa oh"Nigeria Sick president,Fearful people".GoatLUCK Nigeria!!!
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by Mayflowa(m): 11:08am On Jan 05, 2012
You all talk like everyone of us will be on the road at same time. 43 buses is a good start point. You want a better Nigeria, in it? Rome wasnt built in a day. Make sure the managment of the bus at state level is efficient.

I do not subscribe to the buses been free. They should introduce a card system which you recharge monthly that allow you access to all the buses. Next is road. Most state road is trunk B which is the responsibilty of Governors. Hold governors responsibility and not your president alone! Lets know how government works
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by Mayflowa(m): 11:15am On Jan 05, 2012
will the buses be operating with Urine or Solar power? who will be responsible for whatever will be generation motion for the bus?will the fleet be free?if no where will be money accrued from these GEJ venture be going to?what will the money accrued from these venture be ploughed into?, Na wa oh"Nigeria Sick president,Fearful people".GoatLUCK Nigeria!!!

The buses will use fuel. Because it is a mass transit, It will considerable be cheaper than a taxi. Again, Nigerian are not fair with price increment with the increment on fuel. Too bad, we are harsh to ourselves. I know of a bus driver boasting to make over 200% more profit than before. You see.

If it is what it should be, money realised would be use for maintenance, pay staff, buy fuel and plough in to buy other buses. Can you control corruption at that bus management level?
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by Kobojunkie: 11:18am On Jan 05, 2012
The very first question that ought to be answered is WHY THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT is now in the business of bus transit?Why? We have State Transportation corps and many private companies in this sector, why is the federal government which has yet to get air and rail, or even our roads right, taking on yet another complex slice?
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by 1025: 11:20am On Jan 05, 2012
in a democratic setting, issues like this are supposed to be discussed and voted for and against in the houses - reps and senate. are we running a one man country where jonathan wakes up in the morning and think of bicycle and buy and share it without the consent of anyone.
if our senate and house of reps are this useless in decision makings, why are we wasting a lot of funds paying them for not working?
the minimum number of days imported goods take to reach our ports is 17 days unless they are brought via air cargo. one will begin to think when these buses were bought and with whose consent?
jonathan and his gang members are running nigeria like their private businesses. at the end of the day, the 1,600 buses will be more expensive to run than the fuel subsidy.
govt according to them is a bad businessman in nigeria so why are they getting involved this times as bus mangers?
it is a shame that the only business jonathan can shamefully manage is bus business.
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by Mayflowa(m): 11:20am On Jan 05, 2012
Now, no one's action can move a country forward, be you  God or a president. Isreal was continually facing trouble when they turned to evil. Even if the President is well meaning, there are people who is ever happy to gain at the detriment of others and spoil whatever good that any action should usher in. That is why we are also the government!
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by Mayflowa(m): 11:33am On Jan 05, 2012
@ 1025
You are right. Gej needs to be smart enough. Nigeria is a complex society. You don't go about introducing cut throat economic measures as it seems. He ought to have done its assignment of enlightement for at least 6months.

Before then, he would have tackle a large scale problem like power ,transport that would earn him the confidence of the people. Right now, everyone seems to be boiling on his ineptitude to Boko Harem and now this
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by Mayflowa(m): 11:43am On Jan 05, 2012
If I was Gej, I would have intervene in building state road even if it is out of his reponsibility. Good state road and let the people know that their Governors should continue from there. Introduce this bus system to be manage by a private firm with the price control of government initially. Cut subsidy by half and push that all political office holder salary should be cut by half. Gather the support of the people for it. This one would be extremely difficult but is possible

Tackle power and refinary issues to the last and remove subsidy totally. The money spent on subsidy is a waste anytime, anyday that ought to be used for capital project!
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by philip0906(m): 11:47am On Jan 05, 2012
@mayflowa
seems like u've been away 4rm home 4 a long time grin grin
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by beafroast: 11:59am On Jan 05, 2012
i dey sip my wine(zobo)dey look.
Mumuscious Foolish Goons(FG).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely / ‘Blame Amaechi If APC Leaders’ Visit Turns Violent’ - Obuah / Maina’s Reinstatement: A Classical Example Of Honour Among Thieves-PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.