Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,493 members, 7,808,827 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:34 PM

Take A Break From Swallows Try Italian Dishes.see The Difference. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Take A Break From Swallows Try Italian Dishes.see The Difference. (6883 Views)

Various Ghanaian Dishes / Pictures Of Nigerian Dishes / The Difference In Taste Between Chicken & Turkey? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Take A Break From Swallows Try Italian Dishes.see The Difference. by nuratulahi(f): 7:14pm On Jan 04, 2012
Lasagne from MIA DELIZIA souced and produced in NIGERIA, sample a taste of real Italian food. ORDER FOR YOURS TODAY CALL 08182319255,07031165251.

Re: Take A Break From Swallows Try Italian Dishes.see The Difference. by 3ndy(f): 3:16am On Jan 05, 2012
how do u prepare this??
i'm speakingi from a very professional point of view!!
i'm currently an italian cook
Re: Take A Break From Swallows Try Italian Dishes.see The Difference. by Nobody: 3:21am On Jan 05, 2012
nice business initiative
Re: Take A Break From Swallows Try Italian Dishes.see The Difference. by Ogaga4Luv(m): 4:12pm On Jan 05, 2012
cheesy cheesy cheesy

3ndy:

how do u prepare this??
i'm speakingi from a very professional point of view!!
i'm currently an italian cook
Re: Take A Break From Swallows Try Italian Dishes.see The Difference. by Fhemmmy: 8:31pm On Jan 05, 2012
Looks nice and smells good too {could smell thru my screen}
Re: Take A Break From Swallows Try Italian Dishes.see The Difference. by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:30pm On Jan 07, 2012
[size=13pt]Yeah--- I can smell it through my screen too . . . .YUMMY!! wink[/size]

Fhemmmy:

Looks nice and smells good too {could smell thru my screen}
Re: Take A Break From Swallows Try Italian Dishes.see The Difference. by Ogaga4Luv(m): 6:08pm On Jan 11, 2012
[size=13pt]Fhemmmy your nose too dey perceive sef. . . cheesy cheesy[/size]
Re: Take A Break From Swallows Try Italian Dishes.see The Difference. by dollya(f): 10:04pm On Jan 11, 2012
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]Yeah--- I can smell it through my screen too . . . .YUMMY!! wink[/size]

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Take A Break From Swallows Try Italian Dishes.see The Difference. by Playera(f): 7:02am On Jan 15, 2012
DISH LOOKS YUMMY AND I HOPE IT HAS SOME GREEN MONSTERS ACCOMPANYING IT, ONCE IN A WHILE IF YOU CAN AFFORD THE CALORIES!!!!!!! CANNOT SUBSTITUTE SWALLOW FOR THE ONES FIGHTING THE BULGE. FLAT STOMACH IS IDEAL!!!!!!
Re: Take A Break From Swallows Try Italian Dishes.see The Difference. by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:26pm On Jan 19, 2012
grin grin grin wink

dolly a:

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Take A Break From Swallows Try Italian Dishes.see The Difference. by yme1(f): 12:08pm On Jan 20, 2012
never tried that Lasagne for no just reason. whenever its been prepared at home I just don't find the zeal to try it
Re: Take A Break From Swallows Try Italian Dishes.see The Difference. by yme1(f): 12:09pm On Jan 20, 2012
STEP TO STEP RECIPE FOR LASAGNA

Start with the following in a pot:

1 pound (450 g) of sweet Italian sausage
1 pound (450 g) of ground beef
1/2 cup (120 mL) of chopped onions
2 cloves of garlic chopped

The flavor of the Italian sausage varies from brand to brand. You may need to try a different brand the first couple of times you cook this dish. Find the flavor you like the best.

Re: Take A Break From Swallows Try Italian Dishes.see The Difference. by yme1(f): 12:10pm On Jan 20, 2012
2) Brown the ground beef, Italian sausage, onions and garlic in a pot until they start to cook. It takes about 6 to 9 minutes to brown the meat. I like to use a Dutch oven to cook this portion of the recipe. I use a medium low temperature to brown the meat. It is optional to remove the grease from the meat once it is finished browning, your choice

Re: Take A Break From Swallows Try Italian Dishes.see The Difference. by yme1(f): 12:10pm On Jan 20, 2012
3) Add the following:
1 (28 ounce) (784 g) can of crushed tomatoes
2 (8 ounce) (230 g) cans of tomato sauce
2 (6 ounce) (168 g) cans of tomato paste
1/2 (120 mL) cup of water

Gently stir this into the cooking meat.

Re: Take A Break From Swallows Try Italian Dishes.see The Difference. by yme1(f): 12:11pm On Jan 20, 2012
4) Add the following:
2 tablespoons (30 mL) white sugar
1 teaspoon (5 mL) fennel seed
2 teaspoons (10 mL) fresh Basil leaves chopped
2 tablespoons (30 mL) fresh Italian parsley chopped
1 teaspoon (5 mL) salt
1 teaspoon (5 mL) Italian Seasoning
1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) ground pepper

Gently stir these seasoning into the sauce

Re: Take A Break From Swallows Try Italian Dishes.see The Difference. by yme1(f): 12:13pm On Jan 20, 2012
5) Cover the pot and let the meat sauce simmer. Simmer on low heat for 1 hour and 30 minutes. This is the ideal simmer time but not mandatory. If you don’t have time it will still be great after one hour of simmering.

I will sometimes make this sauce and refrigerate it after it finishes simmering. I will use the meat sauce the next day to put the rest of this recipe together. For some reason Italian meat sauce taste even better the next day. But that’s up to you.

Soak 12 lasagna noodles.

The lasagna noodles need to be soaked in hot tap water for 15 minutes.

While the noodles are soaking you can make the cheese filling.

Re: Take A Break From Swallows Try Italian Dishes.see The Difference. by yme1(f): 12:14pm On Jan 20, 2012
6) Put the following in a mixing bowl:

23 ounces (644 g) of ricotta cheese.
1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) fresh grated nutmeg

Grate fresh nutmeg over the Ricotta cheese

Re: Take A Break From Swallows Try Italian Dishes.see The Difference. by yme1(f): 12:15pm On Jan 20, 2012
7) Add the following:

1 egg
2 tablespoons (30 mL) fresh Italian parsley chopped

Mix these ingredients together with a spoon

Now we start building the lasagna layers. (2ND PIC)

Use a 9×13 inch baking pan.
Spread 2 Cups (480 mL) of meat sauce on the bottom of the pan.

Re: Take A Break From Swallows Try Italian Dishes.see The Difference. by yme1(f): 12:17pm On Jan 20, 2012
cool Remove your lasagna noodles out of the water bath. Shake water off wet noodles.

Lay 6 noodles across the layer of sauce.

Spread half of the ricotta cheese mixture over the layer of noodles (as shown in 2nd pic)

Re: Take A Break From Swallows Try Italian Dishes.see The Difference. by yme1(f): 12:19pm On Jan 20, 2012
9) Spread 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese over the ricotta layer.
Sprinkle half of the Parmesan cheese over the mozzarella layer

10) Spread 2 cups (480 mL) of meat sauce over the cheese layer
Lay down the next layer of noodles
Spread the remaining ricotta mixture over noodles
Spread the mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses saving some cheese for the top of the lasagna
Put the last layer of meat sauce on the cheeses
Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.

Re: Take A Break From Swallows Try Italian Dishes.see The Difference. by yme1(f): 12:20pm On Jan 20, 2012
11) Cover with foil
Bake in preheated oven at 350 F (177 C) for 25 minutes
Remove foil and bake uncovered for another 25 minutes.

12) Remove from oven and allow to cool for approximately 15 minutes.

FINITO!!!

Re: Take A Break From Swallows Try Italian Dishes.see The Difference. by Nebulae: 5:51pm On Jan 25, 2012
o.O
(My bowels =>> Self-destruct.)
T.T

It's all Garfield's fault.
^_^'

Please, where can I get the ingredients in Lagos?
Re: Take A Break From Swallows Try Italian Dishes.see The Difference. by thegeorgy(f): 6:13pm On Jan 25, 2012
good job,i'm gonna try this!
Re: Take A Break From Swallows Try Italian Dishes.see The Difference. by teewai27: 11:51pm On Feb 09, 2012
i love lasagna! i like to try some italian recipes at home and i definately dont forget to add the red wine to my pasta. it just takes the dish to another level!!! oh my word tongue
Re: Take A Break From Swallows Try Italian Dishes.see The Difference. by Ptolomeus(m): 6:46pm On Feb 29, 2012
In my country, to do lasagna the three layers of filling.
1. Mass at the bottom
2. stuffed with minced meat (as is indicated in the above recipe)
3. Another layer of dough.
4. cover with previously boiled and seasoned vegetables (spinach or chard)
5. Another layer of dough,
6. Top with ham and mozzarella
7. another layer of dough
8. On this last layer of dough is put the tomato sauce and bechamel above.
Finally add grated cheese
and to broil in the oven!
Re: Take A Break From Swallows Try Italian Dishes.see The Difference. by 3ndy(f): 5:13am On Jan 22, 2013
thank god i asked..
1st in the browning of the meat u add minced carrots and celery.
secondly once the fat melts outta d meat u deglaze with red wine
then u add the tomatoes.
u don't use ricotta cheese or anything
u use besciamella (technical term) made with oil or butter flour milk nutmeg and black pepper..
i mean the lasagna call it nigerian style lasagna.
coz italian lasagna is completely different
sources: lived in italy for 13 years and graduated at the school of culinary art.

(1) (Reply)

I Need Help On How To Make Semovita. / Global Food Prices Surge As Black Sea Grain Deal Collapse / When Do U Eat More; When U Are Happy Or Sad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.