Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,867 members, 7,798,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:54 AM

Nlc To Shut Down Airports, Banks, Etc - Advises Masses To Stockpile. Who Loses? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nlc To Shut Down Airports, Banks, Etc - Advises Masses To Stockpile. Who Loses? (19933 Views)

NLC To Senators: Return Exotic Cars Or Face The Wrath Of Nigerians / NLC To Declare Nationwide Strike Against Electricity Tariff Hike, Fuel Scarcity / Strength And Weaknesses Of APC Presidential Aspirants: Who Wins, Who Loses? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nlc To Shut Down Airports, Banks, Etc - Advises Masses To Stockpile. Who Loses? by efisher(m): 8:18pm On Jan 04, 2012
NLC intends to strike and guess what? They plan to shut banks, fuel stations, airports, markets etc. Those in Aso Rock will continue to have their full supply while the masses roast back home. Why don't they limit the protests to where it really hurts (Oil facilities etc) and allow the masses go to their markets and banks? Anyway, I'll just stay home chilling out and planning my next move.
Re: Nlc To Shut Down Airports, Banks, Etc - Advises Masses To Stockpile. Who Loses? by efisher(m): 8:19pm On Jan 04, 2012
Source: AIT
Re: Nlc To Shut Down Airports, Banks, Etc - Advises Masses To Stockpile. Who Loses? by 2mch(m): 8:20pm On Jan 04, 2012
The government. There will basically be no oil money to steal. MEND and them will have a full day bombing and stealing from pipelines. The government does not make money when productivity is halted. And when people start getting hungry, the match to Aso Rock will be more ferocious. GEJ better act as a leader and do the right thing. Reverse the removal and cut recurrent expenditure/. Plug all the holes and start becoming accountable by knowing what is exported and how much. Not turning the blind eye. That era has ended in Nigeria. OBJ also thought about this, but he was smart enough to avoid this attention. Madam Iweala almost tried to force OBJ to do this. GEJ is just weak.
Re: Nlc To Shut Down Airports, Banks, Etc - Advises Masses To Stockpile. Who Loses? by Beaf: 8:24pm On Jan 04, 2012
I wonder what it will acheive, people are stretched by the subsidy removal, yet NLC is asking them to stay at home for periods they will not be paid for.
Nobody will lose their January salary after huge Xmas expenses.
Re: Nlc To Shut Down Airports, Banks, Etc - Advises Masses To Stockpile. Who Loses? by OmoTier1(m): 8:28pm On Jan 04, 2012
Beaf:

I wonder what it will acheive, people are stretched by the subsidy removal, yet NLC is asking them to stay at home for periods they will not be paid for.
Bro, do not shed tears yet, wait on till you hear "Jonathan must go" on the street before you know what NLC intends to achieve by paralyzing the Economy.
Re: Nlc To Shut Down Airports, Banks, Etc - Advises Masses To Stockpile. Who Loses? by bombay: 8:31pm On Jan 04, 2012
NLC could not fight for PIB,Rep and senate expenses they could not come out to condemn boko haram,they are very selfish.Ask them how much do they earn. cool
Re: Nlc To Shut Down Airports, Banks, Etc - Advises Masses To Stockpile. Who Loses? by bombay: 8:33pm On Jan 04, 2012
Jonah leaves no Nigeria gbam sad
Re: Nlc To Shut Down Airports, Banks, Etc - Advises Masses To Stockpile. Who Loses? by efisher(m): 8:33pm On Jan 04, 2012
You need to see all of them with their fat bellies!
Re: Nlc To Shut Down Airports, Banks, Etc - Advises Masses To Stockpile. Who Loses? by PointB: 8:47pm On Jan 04, 2012
They say they are fighting for poor masses. How many poor people can afford to 'stockpile'? Poor people who ordinary have to go out daily to earn their daily bread are being asked to stockpile. Well, I wait with bated breath.
Re: Nlc To Shut Down Airports, Banks, Etc - Advises Masses To Stockpile. Who Loses? by doctokwus: 8:47pm On Jan 04, 2012
Imagine them laffing today& having nerve to tell nigerians that there is no going back on subsidy withdrawal!
Re: Nlc To Shut Down Airports, Banks, Etc - Advises Masses To Stockpile. Who Loses? by philip0906(m): 8:50pm On Jan 04, 2012
Beaf:

I wonder what it will acheive, [size=28pt]people are stretched [/size] by the subsidy removal, yet NLC is asking them to stay at home for periods they will not be paid for.
did beaf just say that abi na me no dey c well?
Re: Nlc To Shut Down Airports, Banks, Etc - Advises Masses To Stockpile. Who Loses? by bombay: 8:51pm On Jan 04, 2012
Any attempt to intimidate Jonah boy you people would not believe the swift action. Full deregulation of the economy, passing PIB, then resource control next.
The cabal are mostly Yoruba with there Fulani masters.
If you people do not want wahala leave Jonah to do his work or else.
Nigerians are bloody lazy and daft they look up to the western world do you know the sacrifice the people in the west make do you know how much they pay here.
You have to live within your means.
The same vigor they using to fighting subsidy they should use it to fight the upper chambers.
Matchew
Re: Nlc To Shut Down Airports, Banks, Etc - Advises Masses To Stockpile. Who Loses? by 4Play(m): 8:52pm On Jan 04, 2012
Why are there no strike actions when elections are stolen or against corruption but instead we have a strike called in response to the removal of an economically unjustifiable policy, fuel subsidy?

I have always noticed that the most boneheaded policy decisions - the Udorji awards, nationalisation of industries, fuel subsidy - elicit the most public support. It's almost evidence of Dr Lynn's work on IQ and the Wealth of Nations which shows that nations like Nigeria with relatively low IQs stay poor.

I have been on this forum for more than 5 years and seen thieving moguls like Peter Okocha, Adenuga and Otedola, who benefit from these Govt policies, praised to high heavens for their wealth yet as soon as there is a change of policy, it becomes a massive blow against the common man. And you wonder why this country is a hellhole.
Re: Nlc To Shut Down Airports, Banks, Etc - Advises Masses To Stockpile. Who Loses? by OmoTier1(m): 8:54pm On Jan 04, 2012
bombay:

Any attempt to intimidate Jonah boy you people would not believe the swift action. Full deregulation of the economy, passing PIB, then resource control next.
The cabal are mostly Yoruba with there Fulani masters.
If you people do not want wahala leave Jonah to do his work or else.
Nigerians are bloody lazy and daft they look up to the western world do you know the sacrifice the people in the west make do you know how much they pay here.
You have to live within your means.
The same vigor they using to fighting subsidy they should use it to fight the upper chambers.
Matchew
Quite dude, Jonathan would be removed if He does not stem the tide of the protest and 'they' will get another ND to replace him
Re: Nlc To Shut Down Airports, Banks, Etc - Advises Masses To Stockpile. Who Loses? by Beaf: 8:54pm On Jan 04, 2012
philip0906:

did beaf just say that abi na me no dey c well?

Yeah, everyone is stretched, but good things don't come free and the future must be invested in today.
Re: Nlc To Shut Down Airports, Banks, Etc - Advises Masses To Stockpile. Who Loses? by MrGlobe(m): 8:57pm On Jan 04, 2012
The govt loses. Nothing good comes without a price. All you jonathan arse washers you guys better stop all this slick talking. The protest has started and its cordinated on twitter #occupynigeria so nobody cares or even notices any confusion you want to set in.
Re: Nlc To Shut Down Airports, Banks, Etc - Advises Masses To Stockpile. Who Loses? by Beaf: 8:58pm On Jan 04, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

Bro, do not shed tears yet, wait on till you hear "Jonathan must go" on the street before you know what NLC intends to achieve by paralyzing the Economy.

Are you going to do that from the UK where you are hypocritically paying heavy fuel taxes?
60% of the UK pump price of fuel is tax, so why not carry out an id!ots "revolution" in the there?
Re: Nlc To Shut Down Airports, Banks, Etc - Advises Masses To Stockpile. Who Loses? by Beaf: 9:09pm On Jan 04, 2012
4 Play:

Why are there no strike actions when elections are stolen or against corruption but instead we have a strike called in response to the removal of an economically unjustifiable policy, fuel subsidy?

I have always noticed that the most boneheaded policy decisions - the Udorji awards, nationalisation of industries, fuel subsidy - elicit the most public support. It's almost evidence of Dr Lynn's work on IQ and the Wealth of Nations which shows that nations like Nigeria with relatively low IQs stay poor.

I have been on this forum for more than 5 years and seen thieving moguls like Peter Okocha, Adenuga and Otedola, who benefit from these Govt policies, praised to high heavens for their wealth yet as soon as there is a change of policy, it becomes a massive blow against the common man. And you wonder why this country is a hellhole.

Exactly! I have been asking why the good folk of Nigeria are not demonstrating against their governors and LG chairmen who exist only to go begging for monthly sustenance from Abuja, but the "revolution" proponents seem to be struck dumb by this question.
It would seem that these people believe that it is perfectly acceptable for their LG chairmen and state governors to be mere decorations. Is it not a disgrace for every Nigerian state to be little more than a beggars enclave, while a US state like Carlifornia can outcompete almost all countries on Earth (including Nigeria, of course) for economic output?

What morality does an able bodied beggar have? Why should the FG subsidise fuel, why not onions, yam and rampant bottles of odeku? These folk find it difficult to understand the import of those questions.
Re: Nlc To Shut Down Airports, Banks, Etc - Advises Masses To Stockpile. Who Loses? by bombay: 9:09pm On Jan 04, 2012
Omo_Tier1 you are a prat and i mean it, tell NLC to try it then you will understand what am saying.Jonah leaves no one Nigeria, what boko haram is doing will be child's play.

Nothing good come's easy.
Re: Nlc To Shut Down Airports, Banks, Etc - Advises Masses To Stockpile. Who Loses? by philip0906(m): 9:12pm On Jan 04, 2012
Beaf:

Are you going to do that from the UK where you are hypocritically paying heavy fuel taxes?
60% of the UK pump price of fuel is tax, so why not carry out an id!ots "revolution" in the there?
but i can bet dat d minimum wage is more than tripple ur president offers 2 d civil servant,has 25 hours electricity supply,efficient and alternative transport system,health care system and a more transparent govt so d masses won't crumble under d weight of fuel taxes. . .can u boast of same here?
Re: Nlc To Shut Down Airports, Banks, Etc - Advises Masses To Stockpile. Who Loses? by Lasinoh: 9:13pm On Jan 04, 2012
All those Nigerians spending Xmas at home are gonna hear whiiiiiiiin for dis wan!
Including that my Igbotic husband wey nor dey hia word! Make im quench for dia! kiss
Mu he he he he he he
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Good news? Time for visiting Nigerians abroad. . . including in Liberia to file assylum!

Mu he he he he he he
grin grin grin
God bless Swwwwwweeet Texas. . .God bless America!
Time to go work $$$$xtra jare. . . serious bonus plus over time. . . subsidy free too! cool
Re: Nlc To Shut Down Airports, Banks, Etc - Advises Masses To Stockpile. Who Loses? by Adanora: 9:19pm On Jan 04, 2012
If they like let dem shut Nigeria down, no tin dey happen, GEJ still dey kampe. Na nigerians go suffer am cos GEJ is workin and nobody or group can stop him. Afterall no b their own ghana must go NLC dey look for. I beg eeeeeeeeee na today
Re: Nlc To Shut Down Airports, Banks, Etc - Advises Masses To Stockpile. Who Loses? by Hardunnii(f): 9:27pm On Jan 04, 2012
Let jona cut govt expenditure by 35% and scrap pppra, then we will follow suit
Re: Nlc To Shut Down Airports, Banks, Etc - Advises Masses To Stockpile. Who Loses? by OmoTier1(m): 9:27pm On Jan 04, 2012
Beaf:

I know you are an electronically certified Ode like your pay Master! Injustice here are met with protest! Remember the huge Union strike and protest over pensions? What did the government do,  let me educate you abit, the UK government basically raised pensionable age up by a few years,  and raised contributory amount by a few pounds,  guess what,  it was rejected flat out! If it was in Nigeria with folks with docile brains like yours,  gosh,  you would have called the names and haul insults at the Unions,  but they were backed by the public and today the government is having a big re-think of the pension policy initially put out.

Get real wiggyy,  We pay taxes here 'cos we get good value for it! When I see a wiggy i.diot like you doing my garden,  I give the police a call I get response within 8mins! I bet you ever dream to get such 'service' ight? That is what a responsible government do offer their citizens. What has your puppet master GEJ done with the taxes and revenues that have accrued to the FG accounts since He became President? Or has it not dawn on you that it was during His reign that Fue lSubsidy sky rocket dramatically to N1.3tn?,  COWARD OF A MAN!
Re: Nlc To Shut Down Airports, Banks, Etc - Advises Masses To Stockpile. Who Loses? by OmoTier1(m): 9:29pm On Jan 04, 2012
Government all over the world are making deep cuts to government expenditure but what do we have in Nigeria, Mr. President and His vice wants to feed with a whooping N1.3bn, and you want the masses to make sacrifices?, Classical Monkey dey work chimpy dey chop
Re: Nlc To Shut Down Airports, Banks, Etc - Advises Masses To Stockpile. Who Loses? by OmoTier1(m): 9:36pm On Jan 04, 2012
4 Play:

Oh, had NLC called for Massive strike over the 101% turn out for a certain Presidential candidate lipsrsealed lipsrsealed wouldn't you COWARDS call NLC pesident a CPC agent
Re: Nlc To Shut Down Airports, Banks, Etc - Advises Masses To Stockpile. Who Loses? by jmaine: 9:43pm On Jan 04, 2012
Reminds me of Oshiomhole . .the defunct action man . . .
Re: Nlc To Shut Down Airports, Banks, Etc - Advises Masses To Stockpile. Who Loses? by Beaf: 9:51pm On Jan 04, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

I know you are an electronically certified Ode like your pay Master! Injustice here are met with protest! Remember the huge Union strike and protest over pensions? What did the government do,  let me educate you abit, the UK government basically raised pensionable age up by a few years,  and raised contributory amount by a few pounds,  guess what,  it was rejected flat out! If it was in Nigeria with folks with docile brains like yours,  gosh,  you would have called the names and haul insults at the Unions,  but they were backed by the public and today the government is having a big re-think of the pension policy initially put out.

Get real wiggyy,  We pay taxes here 'cos we get good value for it! When I see a wiggy i.diot like you doing my garden,  I give the police a call I get response within 8mins! I bet you ever dream to get such 'service' ight? That is what a responsible government do offer their citizens. What has your puppet master GEJ done with the taxes and revenues that have accrued to the FG accounts since He became President? Or has it not dawn on you that it was during His reign that Fue lSubsidy sky rocket dramatically to N1.3tn?,  COWARD OF A MAN!

You are talking very stup!dly and failing to connect with common sense. Every step has a beginning, there was a time that faeces and urine were flung through windows unto the streets in London, leading to the bubonic plague; but the people still religiously paid their taxes and did a solid days work for their pay. Work ethic is ingrained in that culture, you do not fight foolishly for freebies in the UK. The UK where you pay huge fuel taxes has come a long way from demanding that there should be no pay without work and no food without sweat.

If you get no freebies in the UK and it is one of the reasons everything works and they are developed, why would you want freebies and underdevelopment in Nigeria? Only hypocrites act that way.

Why would you pay fuel taxes that make up more than half the pump price in the UK, only to pop out as a lazy, hypocritical, freebie demanding phuck as soon as you land at MMA?
Re: Nlc To Shut Down Airports, Banks, Etc - Advises Masses To Stockpile. Who Loses? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jan 04, 2012
Beaf:

True. They need to go to work, earn that N18000 minimum wage, then blow N14000 on transportation. Abi?

Olori Ibu Oshi!!!
Re: Nlc To Shut Down Airports, Banks, Etc - Advises Masses To Stockpile. Who Loses? by OmoTier1(m): 10:14pm On Jan 04, 2012
Beaf:

You are talking very stup!dly and failing to connect with common sense. Every step has a beginning, there was a time that faeces and urine were flung through windows unto the streets in London, leading to the bubonic plague; but the people still religiously paid their taxes and did a solid days work for their pay. Work ethic is ingrained in that culture, you do not fight foolishly for freebies in the UK. The UK where you pay huge fuel taxes has come a long way from demanding that there should be no pay without work and no food without sweat.

If you get no freebies in the UK and it is one of the reasons everything works and they are developed, why would you want freebies and underdevelopment in Nigeria? Only hypocrites act that way.

Why would you pay fuel taxes that make up more than half the pump price in the UK, only to pop out as a lazy, hypocritical, freebie demanding phuck as soon as you land at MMA?
Perhaps you are the one that is talking very Stuupidly! For how many years has the Nigerian worker been paying taxes? What have they gotten in return from the government?

FYI, there are lots of freebies in the UK that is why most of Nigerians are claiming asylum here! It is also those that are not classed as 'belonging' that can't get the freebies! Oh need I remind you, can you get an MRI or CT scan for free in any Nigerian hospital? Do you know there are free rail and buss pass? Are you aware that student buss pass are subsidized by most local councils here? Even foreign students benefit from it! Any the need do is get their rail or buss pass with their NUS card and whoops they get a discount over 3.75%

Ask those trolley pushing Nigerian mummies in Hackney, Lambeth, Woolsworth, Islington, Brixton, etc and they will tell you the freebies they enjoy here!

Can I also remind you that distorting history is not the best way to go! The Brits started paying taxes long before you were born and it did not start during the days of 'Black London' okay!

Let me tell you another freebie you may not be aware off. Under the 'Iron Lady' Madam M, she pass a law that for every foreigner in a UK university will pay His/her tuition and that of two home students! Hence foreign students are subsidizing the tuition fees of home students to an extent! So tell me why any sane citizen wouldn't want to pay His/her taxes?

And sorry, when I land at MMA,, you know what I get?, your GEJ puppet Immigration and Customs criminal would ask: Any dollars or Pounds for the guys , is that what you want to pump more taxes into?, Institutionalized corruption
Re: Nlc To Shut Down Airports, Banks, Etc - Advises Masses To Stockpile. Who Loses? by Beaf: 10:22pm On Jan 04, 2012
^
You are very daft. How many people pay taxes in Nigeria?
You start by claiming that Nigerians pay taxes and end by stating that there is no reason Nigerians should pay tax; thats why you are a self-contradicting hypocrite.

You pay taxes in the UK, even on fuel, yet you are demanding that Nigerians shouldn't pay taxes, they should instead get freebies from Abuja. Maybe you think the UK got to where it is by doling out freebies to a set of lazy people like you who are best only at bribery and corruption and score zero at innovation and development.

Mentally lazy, hypocritical, freebie demanding phuck.
Re: Nlc To Shut Down Airports, Banks, Etc - Advises Masses To Stockpile. Who Loses? by OmoTier1(m): 10:37pm On Jan 04, 2012
Beaf:

^
You are very daft. How many people pay taxes in Nigeria?
You start by claiming that Nigerians pay taxes and end by stating that there is no reason Nigerians should pay tax; thats why you are a self-contradicting hypocrite.

Lazy, hypocritical, freebie demanding phuck.
Let me ginger your docile brain abit, ight! Nigeria boast of over 135,000 armed forces member, and the government besdie the armed forces employ well over 200,000 workers in Nigeria. This figure was far higher than this before Obasanjo did mass retrenchment, remember?, so ever since, these people paid their taxes, some double, and infact, some were not paid salaries at all!, What did the government do with all those moneies? Oh, lets not even go into the other forms of taxes paid by the Nigerian worker! I asked you this before, are you aware that under the FERMA act of 2007, for ever litre of PMS you buy at pump price there is a percentage that goes to FERMA as tax? What did the FG do with it?, Obasanjo cleverly brought about that idea so that FERMA can have funds to maintain the Federal Highway, but what has become of it today? Femi Falana made a FOI request about this issue an what was the reply He got from the FG/FERMA, ?

Any sensible leadership would know that the greatest welath of a nation is her population because when you engage them meaningfully, money would flow in your coffers for infrastructural development. Has it dawn on you also that since GEJ and His croonies came on board very little has been heard of the aggressive taxation embacked upon by Obj? SLOWPICO I hear you say

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Second Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office / Aisha Buhari Interview (21mins Video) / Senators, Reps Share N46 Billion Annually- Daily Trust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.