Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,745 members, 7,802,276 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:51 AM

Let Govt Adopt The Buhari Proposal For Subsidy - Segun Adeniyi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let Govt Adopt The Buhari Proposal For Subsidy - Segun Adeniyi (1007 Views)

Owners Of Oil Wells In Nigeria Unveiled By Segun Adeniyi / FG Provides N888bn For Subsidy In 2012 Budget / Free Download Of Power, Politics And Death By Segun Adeniyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let Govt Adopt The Buhari Proposal For Subsidy - Segun Adeniyi by BIGERBOY1: 7:47am On Jan 05, 2012
this is what segun had to say on his column on thisday newspaper. if govt wants our trust, lets start here:

That is why the president has to act quickly to restore public confidence. Major General Muhammadu Buhari pointed the way forward last week when in his post-Supreme court ruling statement, he suggested a shared sacrifice that will include political office holders. According to Buhari , "immediate steps should be taken to drastically reduce the cost of governance in the three tiers of government. Salaries and especially allowances should be drastically reduced; security votes should be abolished – not increased as the 2012 Budget has done. Votes for the Armed forces, Police and Security Services should be transparent and accountable; foreign travel and estacodes should be stopped for at least six months other than for the Presidency, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and medical emergencies. Government House expenses in all the states should be drastically reduced, foreign travel suspended for a while. The National Assembly should give a lead in reducing their allowances substantially and stopping their foreign travels."
Re: Let Govt Adopt The Buhari Proposal For Subsidy - Segun Adeniyi by Arosa(m): 10:45am On Jan 05, 2012
shocked shocked shocked shocked Did Buhari propose this to the Govt, then I am sorry to not have supported him, in his bid for president. embarassed
Re: Let Govt Adopt The Buhari Proposal For Subsidy - Segun Adeniyi by Kx: 10:49am On Jan 05, 2012
Every well meaning govt does this but Nigerian govt wont.
Singapore cut her Premier's and govt Ministers pay yesterday by about 40% with effect from May 2011.
That is sacrifice.
Instead Jona will budget huge sums for his food and expect d poor less than 2$ a day Nigerians to sacrifice.
Re: Let Govt Adopt The Buhari Proposal For Subsidy - Segun Adeniyi by Arosa(m): 10:59am On Jan 05, 2012
It saddens me more that Naija peeps are not asking their leaders to do something about this angry angry angry angry
Re: Let Govt Adopt The Buhari Proposal For Subsidy - Segun Adeniyi by BIGERBOY1: 11:01am On Jan 05, 2012
@arose the past is the past, but the major question is are we nigerians still going to vote for PDP again even if they have an imam or a priest as their flag bearer?

Imagine govt suggesting 1600 busses as palliatives for hardship on nigerians?
What is the palliative for the generator powered businesses accros the country?
What is the palliative for transporting foodstuffs accross the country using petrol engines?
What is the palliative on my salary which feeding and transportation now gulp 80% as against 45% b4 the subsidy?

If anything this shows this administration lacks debth, analytical thinking and strategy, or they are outright insincere.

I repeat implement buhari proposal and we will support deregulation
BIGER BOY:

s. According to Buhari , "immediate steps should be taken to drastically reduce the cost of governance in the three tiers of government. Salaries and especially allowances should be drastically reduced; security votes should be abolished – not increased as the 2012 Budget has done. Votes for the Armed forces, Police and Security Services should be transparent and accountable; foreign travel and estacodes should be stopped for at least six months other than for the Presidency, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and medical emergencies. Government House expenses in all the states should be drastically reduced, foreign travel suspended for a while. The National Assembly should give a lead in reducing their allowances substantially and stopping their foreign travels."
Re: Let Govt Adopt The Buhari Proposal For Subsidy - Segun Adeniyi by Hardunnii(f): 11:06am On Jan 05, 2012
Naija govt ke, i laff in swahili, its the masses that must sacrifice
Re: Let Govt Adopt The Buhari Proposal For Subsidy - Segun Adeniyi by Arosa(m): 11:16am On Jan 05, 2012
I don't care about a political party really, be it PDP or ACN but I think this proposal by Buhari is the way forward.
"immediate steps should be taken to drastically reduce the cost of governance in the three tiers of government. Salaries and especially allowances should be drastically reduced;
And I do think GEJ can do fine as president if he makes the right decision. The key here is that we all need to make sacrifices, especially the Govt.
Re: Let Govt Adopt The Buhari Proposal For Subsidy - Segun Adeniyi by DRANOEL(m): 11:22am On Jan 05, 2012
so sad,they deceived us with promises of "fresh air" and called him a muslim bigot,they told us he had no shoes and was one of us and that buhari was part of the problem! now look at the mess the drunken fisherman has brought upon us!
Re: Let Govt Adopt The Buhari Proposal For Subsidy - Segun Adeniyi by BIGERBOY1: 11:54am On Jan 05, 2012
I just hope we have no missed the opportunity of our generation in the 2011 election. coz the way pdp govt is going I hope nigeria will still be in one peace and not pieces by 2015
Re: Let Govt Adopt The Buhari Proposal For Subsidy - Segun Adeniyi by Nobody: 1:32am On Feb 01, 2012
As a former head of state Buhari has a track record in government and it is not difficult to verify how well he performed. Especially in reducing the cost of government.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-693700.32.html

(1) (Reply)

Hypocrisy: Okonjo-iweala’s N1.2bn Mansion Uncovered / Anyone Still Supports Gej? / Lawyer Moves To Stop Ribadu Committee, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.