Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,218 members, 7,807,746 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:20 PM

Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou (220637 Views)

Relocating To Cotonou / Pls I Need Guide On How To Get To Cotonou And Also Where To Get Things Cheap / Cotonou, Benin Republic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by onehvic: 3:24pm On Jan 05, 2012
hello, everyone in the house,
i wish to visit Cotonou.please i need traveling advice to Cotonou form Lagos.i need to know how, where and when to board the bus to Cotonou, the price of the bus fare and how to cross the borders.thank you

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 10:09pm On Jan 05, 2012
Direction from lagos. fom mile 2, board a bus or taxi going to semi boader. Bus charges #300, taxi charges #600. They would stop you inside one filling station by name, conoil filling station. Then trek front a bit, by the right hand side, you would see a park , go into the park and you would see okada. Those okada's inside the parks are the one's that would cross you the border with out problems as a new cormer. But those that are out side, even they come to the bus that drops you and ask you if you ar
e going. Just ignore them. Then when you are across the border, you would see taxi's that are going to cotonue. They charge 600 cefa. Thanks.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by onehvic: 1:30pm On Jan 06, 2012
thank you very much, @ Zhukafa, to my understanding, getting down to Cotonou from Lagos will not cost more than #1000, if so, i wish to know if my log-ages will be checked at the borders, ? and how can i get an accommodation at a cheap price there.?, and also how about the communication network providers, do our networks here in Nigeria here work there or would i need to get another cell number during my stay there, and please i need an advice on the monetary aspect, can i travel with cash (naira or cefa) or can i go with my bank ATM, and please can we find any Nigeria banks that operate there?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 5:50pm On Jan 06, 2012
i would answer your questions one after ther other.
1) laugges would be checked, depending on the type of laugage you are travelling with.
2) To get a cheap accomodation, you have to find the accomodation off the cotonue town. Places like sekandji, mivvo etc
3) for there communication network, they have mtn, glo and moov.
4)you dont need to get another line, but for lower charges, you need to buy one of there lines.
5) for the cash, you can leave it in your own account, when you get to border, they have different banks at the boder.
6) there is no naira bank there.

Hope this helps.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by suxes2006(m): 6:20pm On Jan 06, 2012
^^^^^^

accomodation and hotel price.

Aal Izz Well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by mroluway: 12:21am On Jan 10, 2012
I've been there before, its a nice country to be, i stayed with a footballer friend in Centerata . But i can't say the hotel cost , Did anyone have the Idea of a Minimum cost of Hotel in Cotonou, and also cost of renting an APT, self contain precisely. I'm planing to relocate. i love that country, 24 hours Electricity country

4 Likes

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 7:55am On Jan 10, 2012
mr oluway, there is a standard hotel in sekanji , named ' Hotel camilio palace' they charge 7500 cefa for a good room. There is also a hotel near 'pharmacy abbatoire' , that one is cheaper than the one i first mentioned. You can also get another cheap one beside 'tunde motors' , they have a room for 5000 cefa.
Thanks.
Hope this helps.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by mroluway: 12:49pm On Jan 10, 2012
Thanks , I think i have seen Tunde Motto and its not hard to locate, I will try and search for the Conversion of the money u just mentioned above in exchange to Naira, Thanks once more , Anyone can supply with more information. , Renting of Apt, A room self contain or Room and parlor self contain.

2 Likes

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by mroluway: 1:07pm On Jan 10, 2012
@zhukafa , plz do u have Idea of how much is 5000 cefa will be in Naira? I have tried to search for the current conversion but i couldn't get it, Can u plz Convert it for me ,
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 7:35pm On Jan 10, 2012
mr oluway, conversion falls between #340 to #351. So 5,000 cefa would not be above #1,800. Hope this helps.
Feel free to ask any further question.

2 Likes

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by mroluway: 9:16pm On Jan 13, 2012
@zhukafa, do u know about renting of a room selfcontain? in Cotonue
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 12:42pm On Jan 14, 2012
mr_oluway:

@zhukafa, do u know about renting of a room selfcontain? in Cotonue

You would get a good one from 25,000 cefa and above per month.
Note: electricity and water is pay as you use.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by SimiD: 1:19pm On Jan 17, 2013
Hey y'all.
So, I'm planing a trip to Ouidah and I'm wondering if I can get a cab from mile 2 that will take me straight into cotonu/ouidah. I read on some blogs that it is possible cos some cab drivers have permits and are quite familiar with the customs on both sides and I should just negotiate custom's bribes into the cab fare.So all of y'all that have Seme border experiences is this possible? What are the possible costs?
Also, whats the naira/XOF exchange rate at the border? And is it reasonable for me to carry Pounds as I don't want to lose any money changing from Pounds to Naira to XOF.

(I hope this long post gets replied).

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by MOELLIOTT(f): 7:15pm On Feb 26, 2013
@Zhukafa Please can you give me details name and price of cheap but good clean hotels in Cotonou and Lome. Thank you
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Dyt(f): 10:09pm On Feb 26, 2013
Mehn
Those custom can ruin ur journey
D fare has increased can't rem, wz there sept
I called a cab to come pick me at conoil for 10,000 cefa
It wz rili cool cos if I had gone all by myself, I wld hav spent more dan dat

1 Like

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 8:01pm On Mar 02, 2013
MOELLIOTT: @Zhukafa Please can you give me details name and price of cheap but good clean hotels in Cotonou and Lome. Thank you

so sorry for replying late.. I travelled to cotonue with 'destinyontop'. You can check ' Hotel camilio palace' .
Location- sekandji.
Price- it increased from 8000 cefa to 10,000 cefa, stating from 1st march.

Thanks.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 8:08pm On Mar 02, 2013
Dyt: Mehn
Those custom can ruin ur journey
D fare has increased can't rem, wz there sept
I called a cab to come pick me at conoil for 10,000 cefa
It wz rili cool cos if I had gone all by myself, I wld hav spent more dan dat

Paying 10,000 cefa from conoil is expensive. 10,000 cefa is like 3,222 naira as of today. While with just 800 naira, you can be in cotonue from conoil.
For the custom, if you know the right route depending on what you are buying, you would sail through.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Dyt(f): 9:04pm On Mar 02, 2013
I didn't no where
I wz heavy and I cldnt jst stress mysef
Bt it wz a cool journey tho
I had no issue
Wz picked frm conoil to my destination

1 Like

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 10:14pm On Mar 02, 2013
Dyt: I didn't no where
I wz heavy and I cldnt jst stress mysef
Bt it wz a cool journey tho
I had no issue
Wz picked frm conoil to my destination

okay, thank God it went smooth.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Chudoify: 4:39pm On Mar 03, 2013
Please,what of if one wants to go there to make enquires,like how much it cost me to get there from lagos?will i be able to see Nigerian food and how much are they selling it.thanks

1 Like

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 9:01pm On Mar 03, 2013
Chudoify: Please,what of if one wants to go there to make enquires,like how much it cost me to get there from lagos?will i be able to see Nigerian food and how much are they selling it.thanks

1)It's very possible to go there for enquiries .
2) with an average of 1400 naira, you can get to cotonue from lagos.
3) Nigerian food can be seen Depending on which of the food you want.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by merit12(f): 12:46pm On Mar 18, 2013
Please I need info about goin to cotonu from edo state,I want to buy used clothes gowns,how do I take it pass border and custom and take pass border,I need help

1 Like

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 11:23pm On Mar 18, 2013
merit12: Please I need info about goin to cotonu from edo state,I want to buy used clothes gowns,how do I take it pass border and custom and take pass border,I need help

Read my first post, it will help you alot.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by merit12(f): 7:19am On Mar 19, 2013
Please ,how do I clear my goods in border.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by justwise(m): 10:53pm On Mar 19, 2013
@zhukafa

Tell me if you prefer the discussion offline or here so as to close this thread.

The whole idea of opening a thread in a public forum like this is to share idea openly and not to share emails addresses for offline discussion.

3 Likes

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 2:22pm On Mar 20, 2013
justwise: @zhukafa

Tell me if you prefer the discussion offline of here so as to close this thread.

The whole idea of opening a thread in a public forum like this is to share idea openly and not to share emails addresses for offline discussion.

If you read through the thread very well, you would not see a single place where I requested to share emails. Moreover, I have been abiding by the forum rules. So I think I am contributing positively to the thread.

Thanks.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by saintafeez: 12:05am On Apr 01, 2013
@ zhukafa, I need ur advice on making a trip 2 Cotonou,i need guide on their accommodation,institute/centre to study french
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Nobody: 6:54am On Apr 01, 2013

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (46) (Reply)

Poland Work Visa / Where Are Nigerians In Australia . / Nigerians At Ukraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.