Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,853 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:20 AM

Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou - Travel (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou (220613 Views)

Relocating To Cotonou / Pls I Need Guide On How To Get To Cotonou And Also Where To Get Things Cheap / Cotonou, Benin Republic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by pastortim4all: 9:44pm On Jan 16, 2016
Dear ugosample, Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate your comments and advice.
Best regards

1 Like

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Ugosample(m): 10:05pm On Jan 16, 2016
pastortim4all:
Dear ugosample, Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate your comments and advice.
Best regards
All the best sir....
Come gist us as the waka go later on sha
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by faneye(m): 10:35pm On Jan 16, 2016
Ugosample:

If you use the known transport companies i.e. Young shall grow, ABC et am, no you won't. Your transport bill will just increase a bit BUT if you want to use Short short, and especially your first time, you go hear am.

I learnt the hard way.

Not my first time. Travel with ABC IFEXand CROSS COUNTRY. just want to know how much it cost to stamp passport at both ends at seme. I'd probably pass idi iroko.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Ugosample(m): 10:47pm On Jan 16, 2016
faneye:

Not my first time. Travel with ABC IFEXand CROSS COUNTRY. just want to know how much it cost to stamp passport at both ends at seme. I'd probably pass idi iroko.

Well, I only crossed the border coming back, just to have the experience.

On the Benin side N1k

Passport Control (I can't remember)

port health authority on Naija side:too

Nigeria stamp 1k

Thingsight have changed tho, but I highly doubt it.

This experience was from Seme tho
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by faneye(m): 10:52pm On Jan 16, 2016
Ugosample:

On the Benin side N1k

Nigeria stamp 1k

Thanks so much this information was useful.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by faneye(m): 10:54pm On Jan 16, 2016
Ugosample:

On the Benin side N1k

Nigeria stamp 1k

[sub][/sub]
Thanks so much this information was useful.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Ugosample(m): 2:24pm On Jan 17, 2016
Happy Sunday everybody
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Timbuktu14(m): 2:51pm On Jan 17, 2016
Ugosample:
Happy Sunday everybody
Same to you bro. How Ivory Coast? And, i got a mail from GTB and Access Bank that we can resume FX transactions. You should be stucked any longer. wink
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Ugosample(m): 3:52pm On Jan 17, 2016
Timbuktu14:
Same to you bro. How Ivory Coast? And, i got a mail from GTB and Access Bank that we can resume FX transactions. You should be stucked any longer. wink

I will find my way.

Thank you
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Timbuktu14(m): 4:32pm On Jan 17, 2016
Ugosample:

I will find my way.

Thank you
You welcome!
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by unclephilio123(m): 5:05pm On Jan 27, 2016
I av been following this thread for long,and I really comend d gurus for work welldone.Especially Zhikafa.Plz I'm planning to travel to contonuo and Togo just to get my international passport get disvirgin.Kindly help me wit d costs to get it done frm d both countries.Cost of movements aswell
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 6:50pm On Jan 27, 2016
unclephilio123:
I av been following this thread for long,and I really comend d gurus for work welldone.Especially Zhikafa.Plz I'm planning to travel to contonuo and Togo just to get my international passport get disvirgin.Kindly help me wit d costs to get it done frm d both countries.Cost of movements aswell

not more than #1500.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by unclephilio123(m): 10:12pm On Jan 27, 2016
zhukafa:

not more than #1500.
Thanks bro,I duff for ur swift response.How can I enter TOGO frm CONTOUNO?And I wan to knw how much d total cost of evrything .just to get my passport stamped @ d both boarders and cum bak to naija not dat I'm going for any fun making,Waiting to read frm u soon.Thanks
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 7:04pm On Jan 28, 2016
unclephilio123:
Thanks bro,I duff for ur swift response.How can I enter TOGO frm CONTOUNO?And I wan to knw how much d total cost of evrything .just to get my passport stamped @ d both boarders and cum bak to naija not dat I'm going for any fun making,Waiting to read frm u soon.Thanks
From seme boarder, enter taxi that is shouting "LOME", its #4000 cefa, and its 4hrs drive from seme boarder. when you are getting to the boarder between cotonue and togo, the name is Alaconji boarder, the taxi would stop before the boarder and all passengers would come down and walk pass the boarder for checking. when you reach the boarder, give then 500cefa , then cross and walk straight across the boarder, because your taxi would be waiting for you people after the boarder. then you walk and join your taxi which would now drive straight to togo.

1 Like

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 7:06pm On Jan 28, 2016
unclephilio123:

For getting your passport stamped at Alaconji boarder, you pay like 5000cefa
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by unclephilio123(m): 11:14pm On Jan 28, 2016
zhukafa:

For getting your passport stamped at Alaconji boarder, you pay like 5000cefa
Thanks so much brother.But if I may ask how much is 5000cefa be in naija currency?
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 8:59am On Jan 29, 2016
unclephilio123:
Thanks so much brother.But if I may ask how much is 5000cefa be in naija currency?

5000cefa × 0.432 = #,2160

1 Like

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by unclephilio123(m): 12:00am On Feb 03, 2016
zhukafa:

5000cefa × 0.432 = #,2160
just stil wanna ask d gurus,am I to pay for both entry n exit visa separatly or d #2160 covers both entry n exit visa?urgent response ASAP

1 Like

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 6:37am On Feb 03, 2016
unclephilio123:
just stil wanna ask d gurus,am I to pay for both entry n exit visa separatly or d #2160 covers both entry n exit visa?urgent response ASAP

Yes, it covers both entry and exit. secondly, note that exchange rate varies, that amount might increase or reduce.

1 Like

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by unclephilio123(m): 11:08am On Feb 03, 2016
zhukafa:

Yes, it covers both entry and exit. secondly, note that exchange rate varies, that amount might increase or reduce.
God bless u big for ur swift response.Sir,one more question.How can I approach those immigratn officers that I want my int'passport stamp?Having stamped my passport from Benin Republic border,can I see direct motor from d boarder straight to Togo border?just want to know how it works sir?

1 Like

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 12:36pm On Feb 03, 2016
unclephilio123:
God bless u big for ur swift response.Sir,one more question.How can I approach those immigratn officers that I want my int'passport stamp?Having stamped my passport from Benin Republic border,can I see direct motor from d boarder straight to Togo border?just want to know how it works sir?

Yes, when you reach seme boarder, go to their office, tell them you want to open you passport or you say stamp your passport. But from idi iroko would have been the best option. for the transportation to togo boarder, from across seme boarder, cotonue side, you will see cabs going to Lome, join those cabs.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by unclephilio123(m): 11:19pm On Feb 03, 2016
zhukafa:

Yes, when you reach seme boarder, go to their office, tell them you want to open you passport or you say stamp your passport. But from idi iroko would have been the best option. for the transportation to togo boarder, from across seme boarder, cotonue side, you will see cabs going to Lome, join those cabs.
Sir,I dnt mind getting d descriptn of travelling via idi iroko to Togo as u said it is d best option..How can I get to idi iroko frm lagos?I nid d descriptn sir

1 Like

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 9:37am On Feb 04, 2016
unclephilio123:
Sir,I dnt mind getting d descriptn of travelling via idi iroko to Togo as u said it is d best option..How can I get to idi iroko frm lagos?I nid d descriptn sir

From oshodi under bridge, get a bus going to "Sango". when you reach sango under bridge, cross to the other hand side , ask for buses or taxi's going to "Owode idiroko". they would stop you at the boarder. Then you can now go to the custom office and get you passport stamped, since you want to stamp your passport.

3 Likes

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by doyinisaac(m): 10:01am On Feb 04, 2016
olusholaonipede:

Cotonou is my family vacation home, it is peaceful. Everything works, from water, electricity to ordeliness. In terms of living, your money goes a long way!
you are doing a great job,please how can I open a bank account there with my international passport??thanks
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by doyinisaac(m): 10:10am On Feb 04, 2016
zhukafa:

From oshodi under bridge, get a bus going to "Sango". when you reach sango under bridge, cross to the other hand side , ask for buses or taxi's going to "Owode idiroko". they would stop you at the boarder. Then you can now go to the custom office and get you passport stamped, since you want to stamp your passport.
Am going to do a masters program at a higher institution in Benin republic,please how can I open a bank account over there??
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by unclephilio123(m): 12:51pm On Feb 04, 2016
zhukafa:

Sir,I'm so much erapture with the way u tend to answer me.Thanks a million
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 11:30pm On Feb 04, 2016
unclephilio123:
Sir,I'm so much erapture with the way u tend to answer me.Thanks a million

Same here
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 11:33pm On Feb 04, 2016
doyinisaac:
Am going to do a masters program at a higher institution in Benin republic,please how can I open a bank account over there??

do you know how to read and write french, if yes, then you will be needing some documents which you also have to get from you school. But i would prefer you use the Nigerian bank at seme boarder. no need for the stress of opening an account.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by doyinisaac(m): 11:44pm On Feb 04, 2016
zhukafa:

do you know how to read and write french, if yes, then you will be needing some documents which you also have to get from you school. But i would prefer you use the Nigerian bank at seme boarder. no need for the stress of opening an account.
so whenever I need money directly from my bank I will just have to cross the seme border??
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 9:00am On Feb 05, 2016
doyinisaac:
so whenever I need money directly from my bank I will just have to cross the seme border??

Ya, as simple as that. Most students do so.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by doyinisaac(m): 10:09am On Feb 05, 2016
zhukafa:

Ya, as simple as that. Most students do so.
Thank you very much,so it means after collecting my naira from my bank and I crossed black to the Benin side of the border it means I will have to change my money back to sefa??

my second question is that can I receive western union transfer in Cotonou as a Nigerian ?I mean when someone sends money to me and I want to collect it in Cotonou...

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (46) (Reply)

Poland Work Visa / Where Are Nigerians In Australia . / Nigerians At Ukraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.