Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,956 members, 7,806,770 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:11 PM

Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou - Travel (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou (220605 Views)

Relocating To Cotonou / Pls I Need Guide On How To Get To Cotonou And Also Where To Get Things Cheap / Cotonou, Benin Republic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 8:44pm On Feb 05, 2016
doyinisaac:
Thank you very much,so it means after collecting my naira from my bank and I crossed black to the Benin side of the border it means I will have to change my money back to sefa??

my second question is that can I receive western union transfer in Cotonou as a Nigerian ?I mean when someone sends money to me and I want to collect it in Cotonou...

For your first question, Yes. After collecting the naira, you change it to cefa. For your second question, i have no answers to it.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by doyinisaac(m): 12:13pm On Feb 06, 2016
zhukafa:

For your first question, Yes. After collecting the naira, you change it to cefa. For your second question, i have no answers to it.
it means if I do not understand french I cannot do any transaction at their bank??like paying into someone's account over there...
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by doyinisaac(m): 12:29pm On Feb 06, 2016
Ugosample:

I will not try it. I no fit dey person country and I no go stamp I. Besides I planned returning via air so that's more reason why I am with it.
sorry bro,can I get my passport stamped before crossing the border or it is when I get to Benin that I will stamp it??
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 1:37pm On Feb 06, 2016
doyinisaac:
it means if I do not understand french I cannot do any transaction at their bank??like paying into someone's account over there...

English is spoken by few people. Majority French. so if you don't understand French, how do you do transactions. As simple as that.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by doyinisaac(m): 2:36pm On Feb 06, 2016
zhukafa:

English is spoken by few people. Majority French. so if you don't understand French, how do you do transactions. As simple as that.
na wa ooo..cheesy so how are business men there doing their business?!because am very sure most of them did not enter cotonou as someone that can speak French yet they do business there...just wondering...
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 3:59pm On Feb 06, 2016
doyinisaac:
na wa ooo..cheesy so how are business men there doing their business?!because am very sure most of them did not enter cotonou as someone that can speak French yet they do business there...just wondering...

our Nigerian brothers and sisters are there. so that is how they transact.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by doyinisaac(m): 4:13pm On Feb 06, 2016
zhukafa:

our Nigerian brothers and sisters are there. so that is how they transact.
But they do bank transactions...am sure...
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 4:22pm On Feb 06, 2016
doyinisaac:
But they do bank transactions...am sure...
yes of course
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by doyinisaac(m): 4:30pm On Feb 06, 2016
zhukafa:
yes of course
so can you now get my point ?? if they do bank transactions and yet not all of them can speak French then how were they able to do the transactions....
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 5:51am On Feb 07, 2016
doyinisaac:
so can you now get my point ?? if they do bank transactions and yet not all of them can speak French then how were they able to do the transactions....
Young man, am only here to give little advice and not here for debate.

2 Likes

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 5:54am On Feb 07, 2016
doyinisaac:

Most of them do their transactions at seme boarder. for those who do transactions with banks at cotonue, then they must have ascertain a little knowledge in french or much knowledge.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by unclephilio123(m): 4:57pm On Feb 10, 2016
Plz how can I get my naira converted to Cefa, On gettin to contonou?
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 7:21am On Feb 12, 2016
unclephilio123:
Plz how can I get my naira converted to Cefa, On gettin to contonou?

You can do that at seme boarder, at that bank area before the conoil filling station. you can also do it across the boarder, when you cross over to cotonue side. you can also do it at their market area, i mean Misebo and tokpa.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by unclephilio123(m): 11:18am On Feb 12, 2016
zhukafa:

You can do that at seme boarder, at that bank area before the conoil filling station. you can also do it across the boarder, when you cross over to cotonue side. you can also do it at their market area, i mean Misebo and tokpa.
sir,I'm always delighted to read frm u.I was there yesterday and as I'm typing now I'm inside motor going back to lagos.Thank God for successful trip,and thanks so much.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 1:20pm On Feb 12, 2016
unclephilio123:
sir,I'm always delighted to read frm u.I was there yesterday and as I'm typing now I'm inside motor going back to lagos.Thank God for successful trip,and thanks so much.

Thanks. Gods travel mercies shall always follow you.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by emorodili: 11:38pm On Feb 12, 2016
Nice updates
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by mosayroh(m): 10:27pm On Feb 13, 2016
Please house I want to know if I can buy cedis at seme border?

If I can buy please what is cedis exchange rate against naira I mean black market rate
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by unclephilio123(m): 6:47am On Feb 14, 2016
zhukafa:

Thanks. Gods travel mercies shall always follow you.
Amen sir,sir I wanna ask coz I'm a little bit concerned wen I got to naija and Benin Rep boarder(seme )they requested for 5k naija currency befor stamping my passport for me n other boarders wen not like dat laconji and Aflao were just 250naira.I tot and planned 5000cefa before,not knowing is naja 5k .Just wanna ask If I was cheated or it is normal amount be dat?
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Nobody: 10:11am On Feb 14, 2016
zhukafa:

please do you know the current black market rate for naira?
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by mosayroh(m): 1:22pm On Feb 14, 2016
zhukafa:

Please how much does a dollar go for cefas at the black market
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by mosayroh(m): 1:24pm On Feb 14, 2016
Please somebody in the house should help me with dollar and cefas black market exchange rate
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by unclephilio123(m): 1:51pm On Feb 14, 2016
omoteamac:
please do you know the current black market rate for naira?
As at last week friday that I did convertion of naira to cefa @ seme boarder 1000cefa is now #525.Naira is now valueless.I m sorry for this country
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 2:35pm On Feb 14, 2016
unclephilio123:
Amen sir,sir I wanna ask coz I'm a little bit concerned wen I got to naija and Benin Rep boarder(seme )they requested for 5k naija currency befor stamping my passport for me n other boarders wen not like dat laconji and Aflao were just 250naira.I tot and planned 5000cefa before,not knowing is naja 5k .Just wanna ask If I was cheated or it is normal amount be dat?

5k naira is on a very high side.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 2:38pm On Feb 14, 2016
mosayroh:

Please how much does a dollar go for cefas at the black market
No idea
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by unclephilio123(m): 3:22pm On Feb 14, 2016
zhukafa:

5k naira is on a very high side.
that was the reason I asked u before leaving naija so to know, What to meet before loosing much cash on those immigration officers.plz house a frnd is coming nxt week for the same purpose,I want sum1 who recently did open his passport to come to his aid nt to fall for the same pit I fell during mine.Cos sumone said I was cheated for mine,and I shuldnt spent upto 5k for mine,and my Boss(zhukafa)also said the same thing.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by godoluwa(m): 8:17pm On Feb 15, 2016
unclephilio123:
that was the reason I asked u before leaving naija so to know, What to meet before loosing much cash on those immigration officers.plz house a frnd is coming nxt week for the same purpose,I want sum1 who recently did open his passport to come to his aid nt to fall for the same pit I fell during mine.Cos sumone said I was cheated for mine,and I shuldnt spent upto 5k for mine,and my Boss(zhukafa)also said the same thing.
it might be due to the current ridiculous exchange rate, i spit on naija government
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by AsianTotal: 3:13pm On Feb 19, 2016
[size=14pt]Please for The sake of God, do anybody here have the naira equivalent of a one room self-contained apartment in Cotonou or Port-Novo? Eagerly awaiting response.[/size]
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by KingsleyTMTTM(m): 7:08am On Feb 21, 2016
hello house, i want to travel to Cotonou or Cameroon to buy somethings, so i want you guys to help
1.how much will i need for trans.
2.what documents will i need
3.will i have to go with cash, or when I get to the country, I'll withdraw cash from the ATM?
4.what's the exchange rate?
please help guys zhukafa unclephilio123
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by zhukafa(m): 7:14am On Feb 21, 2016
KingsleyTMTTM:
hello house, i want to travel to Cotonou or Cameroon to buy somethings, so i want you guys to help
1.how much will i need for trans.
2.what documents will i need
3.will i have to go with cash, or when I get to the country, I'll withdraw cash from the ATM?
4.what's the exchange rate?
please help guys zhukafa unclephilio123

1) You didnt state where you are coming from.
2) Identity card, international passport or better still, nothing ( if you read the thread and follow my instructions on how to cross the boarder).
3) Withdraw your money at seme boarder and change it to cefa there.
4) 520
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Benjamite01: 7:48am On Feb 21, 2016
Yes you can get Western union and moneygram at Benin Republic better than Naija Rate.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by KingsleyTMTTM(m): 9:09am On Feb 21, 2016
zhukafa:

1) You didnt state where you are coming from.
2) Identity card, international passport or better still, nothing ( if you read the thread and follow my instructions on how to cross the boarder).
3) Withdraw your money at seme boarder and change it to cefa there.
4) 520
srry, Lagos
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Nobody: 2:10pm On Feb 21, 2016
Benjamite01:
Yes you can get Western union and moneygram at Benin Republic better than Naija Rate.
at what rate please? Have you sent from there before?

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (46) (Reply)

Poland Work Visa / Where Are Nigerians In Australia . / Nigerians At Ukraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.