Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou - Travel (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou (220643 Views)

Relocating To Cotonou / Pls I Need Guide On How To Get To Cotonou And Also Where To Get Things Cheap / Cotonou, Benin Republic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by OladokunAishat3: 12:15pm On Jun 04, 2016
Pls sir i need help can i get a bus from Ibadan to idiroko i heard foodstuff are cheaper in Cotonou tokpa market.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by olusholaonipede(f): 9:51pm On Jun 04, 2016
OladokunAishat3:
Pls sir i need help can i get a bus from Ibadan to idiroko i heard foodstuff are cheaper in Cotonou tokpa market.

Distance between Idi-roko to Danktopa market in Cotonou is 70 Km. The mark is massive and busy.
Distance between Ibadan to Idi-roko Igolor market 200 Km.

At the Igolor market, price of goods are almost the same as Danktopa Cotonou.

Travelling from Ibadan: Ibadan to Abeokuta or via Ota, then Idi-roko.

Yes it is true, food etc are cheaper.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by OladokunAishat3: 12:18pm On Jun 05, 2016
How will i get there have not been there b/4 i need direction pls
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by olusholaonipede(f): 12:32pm On Jun 05, 2016
OladokunAishat3:
How will i get there have not been there b/4 i need direction pls

undecided undecided
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by innobarca(m): 1:02pm On Jun 05, 2016
i will try dis cotonou self to look around
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by OladokunAishat3: 8:15pm On Jun 05, 2016
I want to go to Cotonou to buy foodstuff and have not been there b/4 how can i local there i leaves in Ibadan somebody should pls help me with direction pls
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by OladokunAishat3: 8:16pm On Jun 05, 2016
I want to go to Cotonou to buy foodstuff and have not been there b/4 how can i locate there i leaves in Ibadan Iwo road somebody should pls help me with direction pls
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Bobbybenard(m): 9:49am On Jul 05, 2016
Hello friends and members on this thread. Can I change cfa to dollars in cotonou? ?
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Ugosample(m): 1:26pm On Jul 08, 2016
Who knows the current exchange rates please?
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by olusholaonipede(f): 4:27pm On Jul 08, 2016
Ugosample:
Who knows the current exchange rates please?

Cfa 1,635 is N1,000 Current exchange rate in Cotonou.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Ugosample(m): 4:30pm On Jul 08, 2016
olusholaonipede:

Jesu!!! Wahal o
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Ugosample(m): 4:30pm On Jul 08, 2016
olusholaonipede:

Jesu!!! Wahala o
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by CogfintProfesor(m): 10:40am On Jul 09, 2016
1. Can I get the rate of hotel accommodation in Porto-Novo, Benin Republic and possibly some cheap hotel addresses where I can stay for two weeks or maximum one month?

2. Can I depend on my Access bank Visa card for use in Porto-Novo?

Thanks in advance for quick response.

1 Like

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Dotmax53: 10:54am On Jul 09, 2016
why is the exchange rate like this people,pls lets contribute?
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by sexycdor: 1:47pm On Jul 27, 2016
Ugosample:

I intend going that route again too soon.
Naira is fucking up big time do the exchange rates are currently terrible, so expect to Change N550 to 1000CFA

Second, for where to stay, I recommend the Guesthouse at Haie Vive, it's close to the airport, and there are many fun spots on that street too.

It's better to use ID card to cross over, but if you want to use passport (like me) then be ready to pay for the stamping, especially when it is your first time.

Ask me any other thing

Hi Ugo,

I will like to visit with my passport as I need it to be stamped. You mentioned some payment for stamping and also if one is a first timer which I happen to be one. Kindly elaborate on these please.
What do I need to make the trip. I just want to use 2 days. Might go tomorrow if I got the required info.
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by sexycdor: 1:51pm On Jul 27, 2016
OladokunAishat3:
I want to go to Cotonou to buy foodstuff and have not been there b/4 how can i locate there i leaves in Ibadan Iwo road somebody should pls help me with direction pls

How was your trip or you haven't gone?
I will like to get some info from you if you have.
Infos like how and where to get transport, the amount, where you stayed as well....
Planning on going soonest.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by sexycdor: 2:15pm On Jul 27, 2016
stelly14:
pls i want to go to cotonou (education wise) am in anambra do i have to go to lagos or will i get a bus from onistha. thanks

Hi
olusholaonipede:

It depends where in Cotonou you will be?. I am more familiar with Fidjrosse, ie West of the City around the Beach.
I recommend: Benin Atlantic Beach Hotel. Routes des Peches, Fidjrosse. Tel +229 96 77 55 10.
I am available if you have more questions.

Hi buddy,

Please I want to visit Cotonou for 2 days visitation,
I would like my Ecowas passport to be stamped, and
I am a first timer.
How do I get there from Lagos.
Please explain with cost of transport as well if known.
Which transport and hotel do you recommend?
How do I get the yellow fever card please?
*Would like to leave for Cotonou tomorrow

Thanks a lot in anticipation.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Ugosample(m): 8:26pm On Jul 27, 2016
sexycdor:

Hi Ugo,

I will like to visit with my passport as I need it to be stamped. You mentioned some payment for stamping and also if one is a first timer which I happen to be one. Kindly elaborate on these please.
What do I need to make the trip. I just want to use 2 days. Might go tomorrow if I got the required info.
Thanks in anticipation.

Well, let me warn you that the exchange rates are currently terrible, so expect the worst, meaning that you should have plenty cash on you.

Secondly, do you have a yellow fever card? If you don't, that may be a little problematic.

Just use a luxury bus in my opinion, that is my advice for you, if you can afford if

1 Like

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by paddymoore2000: 2:52pm On Aug 01, 2016
The Guru'
Plz, can I travel by road to Benin-Togo-Ghana with my e-passport and NOT Ecowas passport? Is there any implication traveling with the latter? Is the stamping fees of e-passport at different boarders differ from that of ECOWAS fees?
Your advice, plz.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Ugosample(m): 2:57pm On Aug 01, 2016
paddymoore2000:
The Guru'
Plz, can I travel by road to Benin-Togo-Ghana with my e-passport and NOT Ecowas passport? Is there any implication traveling with the latter? Is the stamping fees of e-passport at different boarders differ from that of ECOWAS fees?
Your advice, plz.

But the two are the same thing na.
The Ecowas E passport for Nigerian citizens
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by House57: 2:55pm On Aug 05, 2016
Please i need an advice.I want to know if it is profitable to travel with dollar to lome and change to cfa or travel with naira and change to cfa.Please which one is more profitable to buy cheap things cos right now the cfa rate to naira is too high.Dont know if i should go with dollar and change to cfa or i should go with naira n change to cfa.Please i need urgent responds
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by kayceerilyn(f): 10:51am On Aug 09, 2016
Please help a sister.... Just opposite the bank of Africa, Seme, is there any complex where phones are sold?? I think they call it marketing management complex
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by mrsage(m): 11:40am On Aug 11, 2016
The current exchange rate too unfriendly.

I'm also planning to visit in October. Now I'm getting scared. I may have to cut cost in terms of hotel.

Any low budget hotel in Cotonou and Port Novo?
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by MrFarmer1(m): 7:11am On Aug 14, 2016
please, what's the exchange rate at Seme presently. I also need detailed info on getting my ecowas Passport signed. I have a valid Yellow card. Thanks
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by iyb(m): 5:15am On Aug 24, 2016
Ugosample:

But the two are the same thing na.
The Ecowas E passport for Nigerian citizens
we have the e-passport which can be used in any country while there is also the ecowas travel certificate that can only be used in the sixteen ecowas countries it is much cheaper than the e-passport
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Ugosample(m): 10:03am On Aug 24, 2016
iyb:

we have the e-passport which can be used in any country while there is also the ecowas travel certificate that can only be used in the sixteen ecowas countries it is much cheaper than the e-passport

I know the travel certificate.
But it does not stand as a passport.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Itzkul: 5:39am On Sep 05, 2016
Please I need help with how to get my passport stamped at Seme boarder. Likewise where to obtain the Yellow fever card.
I plan to make a trip to Cotonou today. This is urgent!

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (46) (Reply)

Poland Work Visa / Where Are Nigerians In Australia . / Nigerians At Ukraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.