Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,474 members, 7,781,380 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:29 PM

Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou - Travel (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou (219423 Views)

Relocating To Cotonou / Pls I Need Guide On How To Get To Cotonou And Also Where To Get Things Cheap / Cotonou, Benin Republic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Ugosample(m): 11:31pm On Dec 19, 2016
Chriswazo:

Thank you sir for this direction, i will even save this your comment for future reference. I don't think money will be a problem since I have good reasons for it, i will even add Cameroun to the list, so my goal has changed to 6 countries. I guess 200-250k suppose to accomplish it, that won't be a problem by His grace.

It depends on how long you want to spend in each country tho.....
250k is a good start trust me...
And by God's grace when Naira appreciate, !that 250k will have more value.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Ugosample(m): 11:32pm On Dec 19, 2016
Chriswazo:

okay, i thought as much, thanks bro.
Exactly, and you are welcome.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Chriswazo(m): 11:39pm On Dec 19, 2016
Ugosample:

It depends on how long you want to spend in each country tho.....
250k is a good start trust me...
And by God's grace when Naira appreciate, !that 250k will have more value.

Okay, you're a good man sir, i observe the way you always add "by God's grace". No doubt, His grace on us is forever bro.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by MariamAdesola: 9:16am On Dec 20, 2016
Hi Ugosample,

Please, do you have an idea of the market to get dried fish in Cotonou (Bulk purchase). It is to be used for fishmeal
Thanks and God bless everyone who has contributed to this thread as it is an eye opener.

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Ugosample(m): 4:54pm On Dec 20, 2016
MariamAdesola:
Hi Ugosample,

Please, do you have an idea of the market to get dried fish in Cotonou (Bulk purchase). It is to be used for fishmeal
Thanks and God bless everyone who has contributed to this thread as it is an eye opener.

Honestly speaking, I have no idea

Sorry
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by dexter1983(m): 1:51am On Dec 25, 2016
This thread is very educative.
i am a Forex trader and i am looking for a west african country to temporarily relocate where i can fully concentrate on my trading for the next 5 years,a serene enviroment,peaceful with constant electricity,internet and affordable. please what is yearly rent in cotonuo or ghana for a 2 bedroom, the monthly expenses,feeding and bills?
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by olusholaonipede(f): 4:54pm On Dec 25, 2016
MariamAdesola:
Hi Ugosample,

You can get it at the Danktopa smoked fish market, customers come from as far as Cameroon to buy in bulk.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Lustig(m): 8:49pm On Dec 28, 2016
Am based in Jos. What nd what do I need to enter Cotonou legally?
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by olusholaonipede(f): 9:35pm On Dec 29, 2016
Lustig:
Am based in Jos. What nd what do I need to enter Cotonou legally?

Yellow card and Passport or Ecowas Travel Certificate.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by MariamAdesola: 7:59am On Dec 30, 2016
olusholaonipede:

You can get it at the Danktopa smoked fish market, customers come from as far as Cameroon to buy in bulk.

@olusola onipede

Thanks and God bless.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Lustig(m): 6:55pm On Jan 23, 2017
olusholaonipede:

Yellow card and Passport or Ecowas Travel Certificate.
Thanks immensely. How/where do I get those?
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by olusholaonipede(f): 7:15pm On Jan 23, 2017
Lustig:

Thanks immensely. How/where do I get those?

Any Health Centre / Passport Office.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Lustig(m): 7:41pm On Jan 23, 2017
olusholaonipede:

Any Health Centre / Passport Office.
Passport office, that's Nigeria Immigration Service office?
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by olusholaonipede(f): 9:23pm On Jan 23, 2017
Lustig:

Passport office, that's Nigeria Immigration Service office?

Yes Indeed!
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Lustig(m): 8:08am On Jan 24, 2017
olusholaonipede:

Yes Indeed!
Am sincerely grateful. Have a fruitful day
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by morzook(m): 11:08pm On Feb 02, 2017
Please, what is the current NAira to Cefa rate? How much in Cefa would #10,000 get me
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by olusholaonipede(f): 1:11pm On Feb 03, 2017
morzook:
Please, what is the current NAira to Cefa rate? How much in Cefa would #10,000 get me

Cfa 12,600. the Naira/Cfa is 790. Divide N10,000. by 790!

I am really sad about the currency situation and the hardship people are going thru. May god help us.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by morzook(m): 1:26pm On Feb 03, 2017
olusholaonipede:

Cfa 12,600. the Naira/Cfa is 790. Divide N10,000. by 790!

I am really sad about the currency situation and the hardship people are going thru. May god help us.

thanks for the reply... it seems higher than i imagined though cry cry cry Do you have an idea of the western union rate for when transferring money abroad from cotonou
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by olusholaonipede(f): 1:34pm On Feb 03, 2017
morzook:

thanks for the reply... it seems higher than i imagined though cry cry cry Do you have an idea of the western union rate for when transferring money abroad from cotonou

I have no idea. But Cfa to the Euro is 656, this has been constant for many years. For more currencies and daily updates, try www.aboki.com
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by morzook(m): 1:45pm On Feb 03, 2017
olusholaonipede:

I have no idea. But Cfa to the Euro is 656, this has been constant for many years. For more currencies and daily updates, try www.aboki.com

thanks
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Nobody: 11:09pm On Feb 09, 2017
Unclephilio123,

Greetings sir,
I'd like to come to cotonou for business. I just completed my nysc and we all know the story of unemployment in Nigeria. Presently, I'm a hussler,i import little stuffs from Asian countries,i'd like to come to cotonou to sell them,but I don't know anybody in cotonou and I don't speak French. I'd like you to be kind enough to help in taking me or provide for me a guide who could take me to a big market like Tokpa,so I can sell to traders there, and of course I know nothing is free even in freetown.
Here's my number 08055544609,you could write me on whatsapp so we get talking

unclephilio123:
Sir,
To be candid with you,a day or 2 days wil not be enough for you to tour those places..Let assume u wil use half a day to buy stuffs frm Tokpa market,and thereby wish to visit Port Novo whch is another region frm cotounou.And so on as so forth llike dat,u stil intend to visit Quidah whch is along Benin rep and Lome togo capital
So let reason it well
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Nobody: 1:56am On Feb 10, 2017
Can I also sell wristwatches in tokpa,cos I import import from Asian countries.
Thanks in advance.
zhukafa:

The market name for used clothings is Missebo and the market name for new clothings is Tokpa.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Nobody: 3:14pm On Feb 11, 2017
Greetings sir,
I'd like to come to cotonou for business. I just completed my nysc and we all know the story of unemployment in Nigeria. Presently, I'm a hussler,i import little stuffs from Asian countries,i'd like to come to cotonou to sell them,but I don't know anybody in cotonou and I don't speak French. I'd like you to be kind enough to help in taking me or provide for me a guide who could take me to a big market like Tokpa,so I can sell to traders there, and of course I know nothing is free even in freetown.
Please sir,i'd be happy if you would be kind enough to help a young boy that is just starting out in life.
Here's my number 08055544609,you could write me on whatsapp so we get talking

Ugosample:

It's the same o, our green cross grin grin

You get your international passport at the Immigration office in Festac, Ikoyi and Ikeja if you are in Lagos.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Nobody: 4:27pm On Feb 11, 2017
Greetings ma,
I'd like to come to cotonou for business. I just completed my nysc and we all know the story of unemployment in Nigeria. Presently, I'm a hussler,i import little stuffs from Asian countries,i'd like to come to cotonou to sell them,but I don't know anybody in cotonou and I don't speak French. I'd like you to be kind enough to help in taking me or provide for me a guide who could take me to a big market like Tokpa,so I can sell to traders there. You could drop you number here so I can reach you, or, better still, this is my number 08055544609
Please ma,i'd be happy if you would be kind enough to help a young boy that is just starting out in life.

olusholaonipede:

Cotonou is my family vacation home, it is peaceful. Everything works, from water, electricity to ordeliness. In terms of living, your money goes a long way!
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by olusholaonipede(f): 11:35am On Feb 14, 2017
[quote author=illuminated93 post=53619968]Greetings ma,
I'd like to come to cotonou for business. I just completed my nysc and we all know the story of unemployment in Nigeria. Presently, I'm a hussler,i import little stuffs from Asian countries,i'd like to come to cotonou to sell them,but I don't know anybody in cotonou and I don't speak French. I'd like you to be kind enough to help in taking me or provide for me a guide who could take me to a big market like Tokpa,so I can sell to traders there. You could drop you number here so I can reach you, or, better still, this is my number 08055544609
Please ma,i'd be happy if you would be kind enough to help a young boy that is just starting out in life.

I am not a business woman, neither do i not know of any one who can assist you with your hussle, importation and marketing in Cotonou. Sorry!
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by celestialAgent(m): 5:54pm On Feb 20, 2017
morzook:

thanks
I don't think aboki fx is right in cotonous currency. I heard from someone there today that it is 1200.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by ligopedro: 3:10pm On Feb 23, 2017
unclephilio123:
I'm nt here to advertise any hotel in cotonou.
Bt board a cab frm seme Benin republic side.@700-1000cfa to misebo or tokpa market.stop any bike there and tell him u are going to jonquet but pronouce as Jon K it shuld be arround 150cfa.
When u get to jon k,ask anyone that understand english mostly those who are eating @ d food vendor place,that u are looking for an Edo woman frm Naija that selling naija food(canteen).wen u see d woman tell her u want a cheap accomodatn frm a man frm Benin city in Nigeria that nt more than 2500cfa whch is arround 1800naira.

2.It shoudnt more than 3hrs frm lag to seme,bt depends on ur driver and d type of motor u enter

3.Wit 25k u shuld go to ghana self,cos Benin stamp is nt weighing @all like dat of Ghana
Enjoy ur trip
Please Oga Unclephilio123 have been following this trend. You said with 25k she can even get to Ghana? Is that for real.. I need your reply please bcoz am also planning a trip by mid March going from Benin Republic - Togo - Ghana - Nigeria. Hope 12days will do and how much can one spend to cover all this. Thanks
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Kassy101: 8:38am On Feb 28, 2017
Please can I use my gtb naira MasterCard in cotonu Benin republic to buy things through POS and withdraw through ATM?
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Sexyflowers(f): 8:55pm On Mar 12, 2017
Hello
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Sexyflowers(f): 8:56pm On Mar 12, 2017
Am from lagos ikeja pls can some one tell me how i will cross over to cotonu i have voters card only
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Ugosample(m): 10:21pm On Mar 12, 2017
Kassy101:
Please can I use my gtb naira MasterCard in cotonu Benin republic to buy things through POS and withdraw through ATM?

That could get you stranded bro...

It's best to go with enough cash, then change it at the border to CFA

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (46) (Reply)

Poland Work Visa / Nigerians At Ukraine / Where Are Nigerians In Australia .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.