Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,865 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:02 AM

Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou - Travel (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou (220615 Views)

Relocating To Cotonou / Pls I Need Guide On How To Get To Cotonou And Also Where To Get Things Cheap / Cotonou, Benin Republic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by gbankx27(m): 12:39am On Jun 15, 2017
Hello friends .. I have being reading the Info's .... I'm going there just for less fun,and for browsing Fb ... Plz can 100k sustain me from July till DEC ... Is it better to pay for rent or hotel,will my aitel sim work there for browsing, And how is the security aspect there.. I hope no harassment on like Nigerian police that search phones .

1 Like

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by gbankx27(m): 12:42am On Jun 15, 2017
saintafeez:
@ zhukafa, I need ur advice on making a trip 2 Cotonou,i need guide on their accommodation,institute/centre to study french

Same with me ... When are u leaving .
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by bolajiboi(m): 7:20am On Jun 15, 2017
gbankx27:
Hello friends .. I have being reading the Info's .... I'm going there just for less fun,and for browsing Fb ... Plz can 100k sustain me from July till DEC ... Is it better to pay for rent or hotel,will my aitel sim work there for browsing, And how is the security aspect there.. I hope no harassment on like Nigerian police that search phones .

Do u mean 100k monthly or 100k for 6months?
back to ur question.
cost of an apartment varies from d area u can get a room selfcontain withing range of 20k-30kcfa, mini flat with 50k-55kcfa and a single room around 9k cfa. internet is little bit expensive compare to naija. but ur airtel sim will work on roaming but more expensive. as for security mind ur own business and u are safe.

as at today 250$- 146250fca

as for apartment some agent accept 6month and above + 2 or 3 months caution fee.
my 2 cent.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by ThisIsOutlaw: 4:26pm On Jun 15, 2017
Timbuktu14:
I can only answer the service question. Yes, you can serve. A friend I served with finished from the school.

Thanks, appreciate it
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by gbankx27(m): 8:14am On Jun 17, 2017
bolajiboi:

Do u mean 100k monthly or 100k for 6months?
back to ur question.
cost of an apartment varies from d area u can get a room selfcontain withing range of 20k-30kcfa, mini flat with 50k-55kcfa and a single room around 9k cfa. internet is little bit expensive compare to naija. but ur airtel sim will work on roaming but more expensive. as for security mind ur own business and u are safe.

as at today 250$- 146250fca

as for apartment some agent accept 6month and above + 2 or 3 months caution fee.
my 2 cent.

Thanks for the reply ... I mean...I'm having 100 thousand naira and hoping it will sustain me for the apartment,feeding and internet All through the 6 months .
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by bolajiboi(m): 10:17am On Jun 17, 2017
gbankx27:

Thanks for the reply ... I mean...I'm having 100 thousand naira and hoping it will sustain me for the apartment,feeding and internet All through the 6 months .

d analysis is there do d calculation yourself
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Frankgenius213: 10:28am On Jun 17, 2017
gbankx27:

bro it can't Even pay ur rent for six months
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jun 17, 2017
Frankgenius213:

bro it can't Even pay ur rent for six months
stop saying what you don't know. N100,000 can even pay his house rent (self con) in Benin for 1 year
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by gbankx27(m): 12:22am On Jun 19, 2017
The truth is ... Can I open Facebook without getting blocked there ... Cuz I Nigeria Facebook no work again... My going there is for creating a good Fb account ... And please the Fb is for business purpose not for fun .... No harsh replies plz
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by colalekanism: 3:16pm On Jun 19, 2017
Pls I nid advice on a trip to Cotonou and also is necessary for me to have visa, how much is their currency compare to naira
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by ngozionefeli: 1:33pm On Jun 20, 2017
if i am going to ghana with a virgin passport from nigeria, do they have to stamp my passport in seme and also how much will they charge me
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by fitlaw(m): 1:29pm On Jun 23, 2017
colalekanism:
Pls I nid advice on a trip to Cotonou and also is necessary for me to have visa, how much is their currency compare to naira

#650 to 1000cfs is the current exchange rate
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by anibi9674: 7:50am On Jun 26, 2017
please what are the necessary documents do one need for this travel. Is international passport necessary?
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Timbuktu14(m): 8:09am On Jun 26, 2017
anibi9674:
please what are the necessary documents do one need for this travel. Is international passport necessary?
Not necessary - if you know ur way at the border.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by anibi9674: 8:25am On Jun 26, 2017
Timbuktu14:
Not necessary - if you know ur way at the border.
I'm a novice and naive and I don't no my way around, what documents do I need not to get on d wrong side of the authorities, both at the boarder and around the city.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Timbuktu14(m): 8:18pm On Jun 26, 2017
anibi9674:
I'm a novice and naive and I don't no my way around, what documents do I need not to get on d wrong side of the authorities, both at the boarder and around the city.
You don't need to know anyone. Just get to the border and pick a bike to cross you to the other side (they charged #500 the last time I went). Once you are in, nobody will disturb you.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Yungbitz(m): 6:39pm On Jun 28, 2017
gbankx27:

Same with me ... When are u leaving .
I think you would get better info from someone who is already there
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by olawalaramiola(f): 10:11pm On Jun 30, 2017
hy room, Pls How much Is for a room and also how much is for self-con in Cotonou presently, Pls I will like your response (I mean the amount ) to be both #Naira and cefa
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by omoflourish(f): 4:31pm On Jul 08, 2017
colalekanism:

Please if there is anyone going to Cotonou anytime soon and knows his or her way around, please he or she should leave me a message on 08032161126 so we can plan the trip together please.
Thank you.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by senn: 11:15pm On Jul 14, 2017
hello, planning to send my mum on a vacation to cotonou for the weeked (friday - sunday) shell leave on monday. how much in naira would be enough to cover hotel expenses, travel expenses and shes planning to have a massage as well. would N100,000 be enough ?
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by solar8701: 9:23pm On Jul 17, 2017
Pls i wld love to know whr to buy a grade1 men footwear and cloths.......hw much are dere going to cost?
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by omoflourish(f): 8:44am On Jul 21, 2017
solar8701:
Pls i wld love to know whr to buy a grade1 men footwear and cloths.......hw much are dere going to cost?

Can we travel together? I really dont know my way, I am tired of waiting and being broke. Want to buy little stuffs like handbags and slippers to sell in Lagos. Please let me know what you think.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Jamesmarsh8650: 12:08pm On Jul 21, 2017
If you are looking for an easier way to transport your weekly shopping groceries you may like to consider buying a shopping trolley bag with wheels. There are many benefits shopping trolleys and they are no longer seen as items that are made solely for senior citizens.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by olawalaramiola(f): 8:25pm On Jul 22, 2017
olawalaramiola:
hy room, Pls How much Is for a room
and also how much is for self-con in Cotonou presently,
Pls I will like your response (I mean the amount ) to be both #Naira and cefa
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by olawalaramiola(f): 8:26pm On Jul 22, 2017
is there anyone to answer pls
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Kentrasso(f): 5:05pm On Aug 17, 2017
Please on what days does the Cotonou market function? And do they speak English?
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by skylane: 7:29pm On Aug 18, 2017
Ugosample:

I was just expressing my surprise, that's all.
Nothing hard
I have been to niamey before too, and yes there is constant light

But people there can like to speak local language eh
boss Ugo I have read this whole thread,I av noticed you are some what a globe trekker like I am aspiring to be,as my Role model,from within the whole west african countries especially benin rep,togo,Ivory coast,burkina faso,senegal,(I don't like ghana 1 day)which one do you think would be nice to atleast settle down/visit to have a life time experience,(am looking at ivory coast heard a lot abt it) language no problem I can speak atleast french,arabic,so much more,I just wanna leave this country naija,I have never travelled outside naija before, merci beaucoup,monsiour Ugo

2 Likes

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Kentrasso(f): 5:34pm On Aug 22, 2017
Hi. Please where can I change CEFA to NAIRA in Nigeria?
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Ugosample(m): 8:27pm On Aug 24, 2017
Kentrasso:
Hi. Please where can I change CEFA to NAIRA in Nigeria?

Any Aboki place where they change money is fine

If not, you can change after crossing the border.

1 Like

Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by Ugosample(m): 8:30pm On Aug 24, 2017
skylane:
boss Ugo I have read this whole thread,I av noticed you are some what a globe trekker like I am aspiring to be,as my Role model,from within the whole west african countries especially benin rep,togo,Ivory coast,burkina faso,senegal,(I don't like ghana 1 day)which one do you think would be nice to atleast settle down/visit to have a life time experience,(am looking at ivory coast heard a lot abt it) language no problem I can speak atleast french,arabic,so much more,I just wanna leave this country naija,I have never travelled outside naija before, merci beaucoup,monsiour Ugo

Hello there

Thanks for the compliment

Okay, so if I get you right, you want to relocate from Nigeria...

Or is it that you want to tour?

Let me get you right.
Re: Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou by skylane: 10:31pm On Aug 24, 2017
Ugosample:

Hello there

Thanks for the compliment

Okay, so if I get you right, you want to relocate from Nigeria...

Or is it that you want to tour?

Let me get you right.
first I will tour before I relocate,if you can tell me at the two scenariors would be grateful

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (46) (Reply)

Poland Work Visa / Where Are Nigerians In Australia . / Nigerians At Ukraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.