Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,946 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:28 PM

The Evil Cabal Behind National Protests Against Fuel Subsidy Removal. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Evil Cabal Behind National Protests Against Fuel Subsidy Removal. (764 Views)

Folasade Tinubu-Ojo Protests Against APC Government / APGA Protests Against Peter Obi / Revealed: Obasanjo, Tinubu, El-rufai Lead Cabal Behind Saraki’s Trials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Evil Cabal Behind National Protests Against Fuel Subsidy Removal. by 1luvkipsus: 7:19pm On Jan 05, 2012
For those of you foolishly and ignorantly protesting d removal of fuel subsidy,billions of naira have been said to have exchanged hands in d past few days for d prosecution of d protests.NLC got a chunk of dat money and they are ready to go all out to fight d subsidy removal.but sadly enough,instead of us telling this evil cabal (less than 200 Nigerians) to their faces that enough is enough,we are giving in to their deciet,lies and misinformation.too bad!!finally,NLC should hand down directives to its unproductive,dormant and highly corrupt members only.telling Nigerians to stock foods as they (NLC) 'will be shuting down d country' from Monday next week is not only laughable but stupid.NLC can stay at home as long as they want,afterall most of them are ghost workers and unproductive,but they shud try NOT to interrupt other people's businesses especially d non-salary earners.
Re: The Evil Cabal Behind National Protests Against Fuel Subsidy Removal. by Pain(m): 7:23pm On Jan 05, 2012
Cheap and shoddy PROPAGANDA. They should have sought professional help from North Korea shocked
Re: The Evil Cabal Behind National Protests Against Fuel Subsidy Removal. by jakally: 8:50pm On Jan 05, 2012
You may not be entirely right to criticize those who are exercising their fundamental human right of objection to unpopular govt policy. The govt may still have their way at the end, but the people are entitled to their voice. While subsidy removal on its own may be a lofty idea with long term benefits to the entire citizenry and economic stability of the country, but the fact is do we trust the govt with this, does the govt have any record of kept promises, is GEJ totally in control of the govt? Meanwhile they quoted Ghana as reference, have they considered the instrumental palliative that Ghanaian govt put in place over the years; stable power supply, good road network etc. 75% of Nigerians may not be as comfortable as me and you, most are hanging at the very edge of life already and this tilt can topple them over.

I expect govt to come out clear, we had vision 2010 headed by Shonekan, what happened? who knows where the policy paper is now, we initiated another vision 20-2020, where are we on that? check out the scope of this later vision, is subsidy removal there?

You dont wake up and remove subsidy of fuel, its a constitutional matter, it was introduced constitutionally and can only be removed via the same corridor. I expect the Attorney-General of the Federation to quickly call the president to order before people start heading to court.

So you see my good friend that the people has the right to go to the street and protest, my only concern is d civility or lack of it, of our law enforcement agents in protest control, like we are already hearing; two people have lost their lives and probably many to join.
Re: The Evil Cabal Behind National Protests Against Fuel Subsidy Removal. by karlmax2: 8:57pm On Jan 05, 2012
1luvkipsus:
For those of you foolishly and ignorantly protesting d removal of fuel subsidy,billions of naira have been said to have exchanged hands in d past few days for d prosecution of d protests.NLC got a chunk of dat money and they are ready to go all out to fight d subsidy removal.but sadly enough,instead of us telling this evil cabal (less than 200 Nigerians) to their faces that enough is enough,we are giving in to their deciet,lies and misinformation.too bad!!finally,NLC should hand down directives to its unproductive,dormant and highly corrupt members only.telling Nigerians to stock foods as they (NLC) 'will be shuting down d country' from Monday next week is not only laughable but silly.NLC can stay at home as long as they want,afterall most of them are ghost workers and unproductive,but they shud try NOT to interrupt other people's businesses especially d non-salary earners.

Well said!!

(1) (Reply)

Parody: Bishop Oyedepo Delivers Goodluck Jonathan / Stories About My Arrest Are Untrue - El-rufai / I’m The Most Qualified To Rule Bayelsa – Kemela Okara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.