Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,121 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:29 AM

Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack (17104 Views)

Ben Brice Reacts To #8.4billion Naira Wardrobe Allowance / Kogi Deeper Life Church Attack Gang Leader Arrested In Edo State / 3 Dead, Others Wounded In Gombe Church Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack by kettykin: 7:35am On Jan 06, 2012
@ poster , your half baked analysis of How CIA activities permeattes the political and economic life of Nigeria is not complete, the Analysis should have in  1960 but it started 1976 what happened in 1966 , or were the CIA not involved. How about 1960 before , during and afterr independence ? you people choose to tell the truth only when it suites you.

We all know about Television Garage in Kaduna and how it started , How CIA used it to transmitt long distance Microwave signls to their HQ from Kaduna,we all remeber how the same Americans and British after encouraging and supporting Ironsi to intervene and stabilise the Government after 1966 coup (ironsi was a former ADC to queen Elizabeth) went behind to encourage northern soldiers to strike and offer them assylum in British High commission if the coup failed. Supplying the Gowon Led Government Billions of dollars worth of Weapons to stop Biafra but the same Human rights advocates (Britain and America ) did nothing to stop the killing of ibos in the North even ordinary sanction.

Today you have woken up from your slumber / nightmare (good morning) you are accusing the Bokoharam of being sponsored by CIA, well like GEJ said you have to live with until it fizzles out.
Re: Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack by djeezy(m): 7:40am On Jan 06, 2012
I seriously beseech the christians living in the north to return home. The government that urges them to stay, guaranteed their safety is already a failed one in terms of national security so why risk your life to take chances when the government cant protect you or neither can you fight back.
Re: Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack by chuksme(m): 7:55am On Jan 06, 2012
Look at how these people are killing innocent people for nothing while this useless GEJ is there fighting for SUBSIDY removal.
Re: Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack by Nobody: 7:57am On Jan 06, 2012
Boko Haram bombs Maiduguri, Damaturu again •Kills 2 •JTF kills 2 sect members

| Print | E-mail
Written by James Bwala, Maiduguri with Agency Report
Friday, 06 January 2012
MEMBERS of the Boko Haram sect, on Wednesday evening, killed two members of a family; an 80-year-old man, Usman Durkwa and his 40-year-old son, Musa Durkwa, a staff

member of Himma Secondary School in Maiduguri, the Borno State capital.

This is just as members of the Operation Restore Order of the Joint Task Force (JFT) killed two members of the sect on the same day.

The attack on the family, which took place in Dala Bullumkuttu ward of the state capital, between 7.30 and 8.30 p.m, was in connection with a warning issued by the sect that Christians should leave the North.

A source in the family told the Nigerian Tribune that, “we are Christians and their children have been telling our wards that some day, they are going to slaughter all of us. We never took them seriously because we never thought they could be so mean as to perpetrate such evil.

“This attack on Baba and his son, Musa, is shocking to all of us. Where do we go if they don’t want us in the North? This is something government must do to ensure the protection of life and property or this country is gradually heading for another civil war,” the source said.

The source explained further that the wife of the slain old man was shot in the thigh but did not die and was receiving medical attention at an undisclosed hospital.

He added that operatives of the JTF were able to get the assailants through their mobile phones, which they left at the scene.

Another eyewitness told the Nigerian Tribune that the attackers ran into a neighbouring house to attack its occupants, but were caught by the JTF operatives.

Confirming the incident, JTF spokesperson, Lieutenant Colonel Hassan Ifijeh Mohammed said gunmen suspected to be Boko Haram members attacked and killed two persons in the area.

He said as soon as they were alerted to the attack, they quickly cordoned off the area and began a search that yielded the arrest of the suspects.

Mohammed, while explaining further, said two of the suspected sect members who attempted to escape were shot dead.

The JTF spokesperson also confirmed an explosion which rocked Customs area almost about the same time the family was attacked. He, however, said no lives were lost in the explosion.

It will be recalled that Christians in the state had said that they would not be deterred by the evil act of Boko Haram, that would continue to pray for the state and the nation as a whole so that God’s mercies would flow and for people to turn to God in the New Year.

According to Christians who spoke to the Nigerian Tribune, they heard that Boko Haram was planning massive destruction of lives and properties in places of worship, as well as security offices across some states, but that no amount of threat by any group in whatever name would make them abandon their faith or flee.

“It is God that gives life and it is only God that can take life; even the Muslims know this. This is not the first time Christians are being persecuted. In fact, persecution is part of Christian living, because even Christ was persecuted, as such let it be clear to the Boko Haram that we are not deterred, when they raise the arms of men to fight us because of our belief.

“The plan to destroy Christianity did not begin in Borno, Damaturu or anywhere they are thinking. Yet Christianity has flourished many years before Islam when much persecution was done to the Christians of the old time; we are confident in our belief and God will fight our battles,” Yonnana Manzo told the Nigerian Tribune.

Meanwhile, the Borno State Police Commissioner, Mr  Simeon Midenda, has called on the public to disregard the rumour doing the rounds that Christians and southerners should pack and leave the state or risk being killed.

Meanwhile, an explosion was, on Wednesday, reported in an area known as “Khandahar” in Damaturu, the Yobe caiptal.

The explosion was coming four days after the Federal Government declared a state of emergency in five local government areas of the state.

Alhaji Lawal Tanko, the State Commissioner of Police, confirmed the incident to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in a telephone interview, saying, “we are still trying to get the details. You know, it is night and we cannot get all the details now.”

A resident of the area who preferred anonymity said “we were lucky the explosion was not the usual big type that was witnessed in the past.

“It was not very loud. But we have got the extent of damage.”
Re: Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack by Flygeriana(m): 8:08am On Jan 06, 2012
Just dont know what to say, but at the moment, I think am DONE with ANYTHING muslim.
Re: Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack by Ayoolu12: 8:08am On Jan 06, 2012
The next muslim that tells me 'islam is a religion of peace' will know no peace for the rest of their days!.
Re: Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack by Nobody: 8:11am On Jan 06, 2012
On both the physical and the spiritual, the battle lines are drawn. It seems the times of the four horsemen has befallen the world and even us all here at this time. Hear hear: Rev 6:3 When the Lamb opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature say, "Come!" 4 Then another horse came out, a fiery red one. Its rider was given power to take peace from the earth and to make men slay each other. To him was given a large sword.

The red riding horseman has come to collect. Whether we live or we die, we have this ONE hope, Jesus conquered death for all those who truly believe in Him.
[img]http://image6-1[/img]
Both southern and northern Christians can learn a lot in these times. The real battleground lies in indigenous Christian lands of the middle belt. Southern Christians can be our allies in prayer and strength as we draw the lines here. Don't let hopeless worms like Boko Haram redefine the battle lines by pushing it further south. And they will if you just run away from them. CONFRONT THEM, IN PRAYER AND STRENGTH!

Re: Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack by Osama10(m): 8:12am On Jan 06, 2012
What are these people still doing up north, its so clear this people are animals.
Re: Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack by Gpnice(m): 8:15am On Jan 06, 2012
aguiyi:

NO WONDER  angry angry angry angry angry angryI SAW THEM LEAVING PH ENMASS ON WEDNESSDAY NIGHT WITH OVER 5 TRUCK LOADED TO THE BREAM. THIS GUYS ARE READY TO TAKE NON INDIGENS IN THE NORTH DOWN
, are they fighting religion  war or  ethnic war? God help Nigeria!
Re: Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack by humblebee: 8:19am On Jan 06, 2012
the world would be a better place without these baztards
Re: Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack by Goodmoney: 8:24am On Jan 06, 2012
One day the almighty God will avenge for the killing of the innocent. Just one day.
Re: Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack by obowunmi(m): 8:28am On Jan 06, 2012
Sorry to disappoint but God won't avenge anything. They were warned.
Re: Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack by Nobody: 8:30am On Jan 06, 2012
This is most evil and barbaric.
Re: Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack by Nobody: 8:33am On Jan 06, 2012
stiyke:

After shielding them while they prayed, they chose to mow us down while we prayed. Agreement indeed!!
islam-religion of peaceful murderers!
Re: Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack by IbroSaunks(m): 8:34am On Jan 06, 2012
or if they don't want to leave, they need to stop going to church and organise less obvious places for their worship. else they would only worship in fear.
Re: Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack by 27naira(m): 8:36am On Jan 06, 2012
joskid:

On both the physical and the spiritual, the battle lines are drawn. It seems the times of the four horsemen has befallen the world and even us all here at this time. Hear hear: Rev 6:3 When the Lamb opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature say, "Come!" 4 Then another horse came out, a fiery red one. Its rider was given power to take peace from the earth and to make men slay each other. To him was given a large sword.

The red riding horseman has come to collect. Whether we live or we die, we have this ONE hope, Jesus conquered death for all those who truly believe in Him.
[img]http://image6-1[/img]
Both southern and northern Christians can learn a lot in these times. The real battleground lies in indigenous Christian lands of the middle belt. Southern Christians can be our allies in prayer and strength as we draw the lines here. Don't let hopeless worms like Boko Haram redefine the battle lines by pushing it further south. And they will if you just run away from them. CONFRONT THEM, IN PRAYER AND STRENGTH!

Sensible, but only for the spiritually minded.
Re: Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack by chlowi(f): 8:40am On Jan 06, 2012
its a pity that muslims no longer consider d christians as brothers even though we are different faith. bt my advice goes to all christians still dwellin in the north to retrn hom or better still GET A GUN . COS THIS IS NO JOKE sad
Re: Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack by yuboy: 8:45am On Jan 06, 2012
Here dey goes again,
Did u believe boko haram is political?
Did u believe boko haram is a sect dat engages in religion fanatics?
Did u believe boko haram is d work of cia?
Did u believe d allegation against d pot bellied criminal sen ndume?
Were are we headin dat d big question of d day?share wit me let us tackle dat, not witstandinin notin gud comes easy but gej is a president by chance he don deserve d hecktic 9ja problem, as an aphroism has it in "neccesities is d mother of inovation"but naw reasonin and lukin 4 d way forward seems 2 b d way, my muslim brothers doesnt av intentions of killin dey are d best of mankind,
Re: Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack by saniby: 8:48am On Jan 06, 2012
while we condem killing of innocent soul enywhere by whoever, but one cannot dismiss the inciting tone of some NLders in their post. I beleive some of you guys are sponsored to ferment trouble and create further distrust amongst the Nigerian people. I beleive the break Nigeria project sponsored by US.A scheduled for delivery in 2015 is quitlyt on course with ur contribution.
wake up now. you may still never know peace with four or more smaller nations afterall.
Re: Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack by God2man(m): 8:50am On Jan 06, 2012
I have been talking about these things for some time now. If christians are not doing what they are suppose to do there may be more blood shed in the nothern part of Nigeria, there is an evil agenda on ground now, and it is still in operation. The only thing we can do as christians is to form an intercessory group in our various churches irrespective of your denomination and stand in the gap for your christians brethren in the north, that God should empower the security agents to put an end to this strong satanic agenda. We need to pray that God should have mercy on his people in the north. It is not only prayer, we must watch also. It is not an advise but a necessity. May God help us. God bless you. God2man.
Re: Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack by swtdarling(f): 8:52am On Jan 06, 2012
where is the country heading?.crises that we see on the tv happenin in other countries is now at our door step.oh God pls we need your help!!!
Re: Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack by jiz: 9:04am On Jan 06, 2012
Islam is not a religion of peace but of destruction and their godfather vision is to still, kill and destroy. Christian, pls lets still continue to be praying for the salvation of their souls because i believe d vail devil is using on dem will be destroy one day.
4 d Troblemaker, remember our GOD is a consuming fire!
Re: Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack by megawax8: 9:10am On Jan 06, 2012
This is bad,as in dis is so so bad, the onli certainty ryt now iz I'M SO GETTIN MYSELF A GUN, ani islam dat directs anitin as smal as a 'fork' or 'spoon' towards me will sure kno peace!!
Re: Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack by chuqudy(m): 9:18am On Jan 06, 2012
aguiyi:

NO WONDER  angry angry angry angry angry angryI SAW THEM LEAVING PH ENMASS ON WEDNESSDAY NIGHT WITH OVER 5 TRUCK LOADED TO THE BREAM. THIS GUYS ARE READY TO TAKE NON INDIGENS IN THE NORTH DOWN

So you saw them and watch them pass. You would have found a way of eliminating them. Join us in the campain of eradication of this menace called islam. Kill all muslims in your region. The battle line is drawn. The truth is that all muslims in the north and south are in support of boko haram. Sambo, Asari Dokubo, buhari, Ibb, Atiku and all the muslim PDP, ANPP, CPC etc are in support of boko haram. I pity Jonathan. He is like a sheep surrounded  by wolves. If the muslims in the north especially are not in support of boko haram, they would have exposed all boko haram hide outs. It is the same muslims that sponsor and protect them. My advise to a non muslim(Christians, traditonalists, atheists etc) is to understand that this evil cult called islam is not your friend. If you see any muslim, try to be careful with him. I repeat, every muslim is a member of boko haram. The solution to Boko haram is the total elimination and execution of any Alah worshiping entity. Islam needs be uprooted completely from the root and eradicated from the history of the world. So, my dear non muslims, defend yourself and don't believe any muslim that tells you that he is not in support of boko haram. I can't live in the north. But if should live there, I would fortify myself with amunitions. I would silently poison and kill  every muslim that comes my way. I hate Islam with all my body, mind, soul and spirit. My dream is to destroy all Muslims not because I hate people that do not worship in my religion, but because I hate people who kill in the name of an unknown and unseen beign.

Finally, if you are a Christian, traditionalist, atheist, join me in this campain against this blood sucking occultic society called islam. Defend yourself. If I were the one that lost my relatives during that Crismas bombing, by now I must have killed all hausas living in amausa in my area and beyond even with my last drop of blood.
Re: Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack by Maisuya1: 9:24am On Jan 06, 2012
Why in heavens name will any right thinking person kill people in a place of worship? It baffles me that these cowards r just stealthily carrying out their attacks with the securities powerless. Most Muslims I talk to here are just speechless becoz it annoys them that pple will do this in their name. Yet Islam is clear when it said in the Quran that "who ever kills a soul, it is as if he has killed the whole of mankind". And even worse in crime in is killing christains which the Quran refers to "people of the book" meaning they were giving the gospels before Islam.

My question is one. What do these pple really want parading as Muslims killing christains, coz they sure are not doing what Islam says.
Re: Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack by Finland(m): 9:31am On Jan 06, 2012
Ayo-olu12:

The next muslim that tells me 'islam is a religion of peace' will know no peace for the rest of their days!.
Seconded!!! lipsrsealed
Re: Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack by Prince344(m): 9:32am On Jan 06, 2012
what is wrong with you people, if war start in Nigeria, this Islamic fools will not stop fighting cos. they do not value there life, They are animals, how can one man marry 9wifes, and all are just in the age of 8 and 12years, some will die when giving birth and if they survive it will be to upto 21children, still they needs more. Some of the children(cows) will turn to Boko Haram, cos. there is no love, no father to tell you the different between good and evil(boko haram).
Re: Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack by moshoodn(m): 9:35am On Jan 06, 2012
I think Islam should be. . . . Scrapped!!
Re: Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack by nasty45(m): 9:37am On Jan 06, 2012
hmmmm,ds guys are goin too far.i think it's time xtians retaliate.lets go to war.get me m.16
Re: Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack by Maisuya1: 9:38am On Jan 06, 2012
chuqudy:

So you saw them and watch them pass. You would have found a way of eliminating them. Join us in the campain of eradication of this menace called islam. Kill all muslims in your region. The battle line is drawn. The truth is that all muslims in the north and south are in support of boko haram. Sambo, Asari Dokubo, buhari, Ibb, Atiku and all the muslim PDP, ANPP, CPC etc are in support of boko haram. I pity Jonathan. He is like a sheep surrounded  by wolves. If the muslims in the north especially are not in support of boko haram, they would have exposed all boko haram hide outs. It is the same muslims that sponsor and protect them. My advise to a non muslim(Christians, traditonalists, atheists etc) is to understand that this evil cult called islam is not your friend. If you see any muslim, try to be careful with him. I repeat, every muslim is a member of boko haram. The solution to Boko haram is the total elimination and execution of any Alah worshiping entity. Islam needs be uprooted completely from the root and eradicated from the history of the world. So, my dear non muslims, defend yourself and don't believe any muslim that tells you that he is not in support of boko haram. I can't live in the north. But if should live there, I would fortify myself with amunitions. I would silently poison and kill  every muslim that comes my way. I hate Islam with all my body, mind, soul and spirit. My dream is to destroy all Muslims not because I hate people that do not worship in my religion, but because I hate people who kill in the name of an unknown and unseen beign.

Finally, if you are a Christian, traditionalist, atheist, join me in this campain against this blood sucking occultic society called islam. Defend yourself. If I were the one that lost my relatives during that Crismas bombing, by now I must have killed all hausas living in amausa in my area and beyond even with my last drop of blood.
Dude are u sure u r not a pegan parading to be a christain? Coz u sound like one. I am yet to see any Muslim come out here to publicly condone the activities of the murderous sect, infact every Muslim on NL and outside has condemned the act yet pple come out here shouting kill all Muslims ( how unfortunate). The Muslims are trying to understand and even identify these sects and flush them out(as evidence in kano mob action on the sect) but our fellow christains keep fueling conflict on another front directly doing what BH wants.
Re: Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack by ArQueBusieR(m): 9:44am On Jan 06, 2012
Boko Haram == Spiritually ill
Re: Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack by bilaya(m): 9:45am On Jan 06, 2012
Let's see how those illiterate bastards will wipe out 80 million christians.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Unpaid Salaries: Serving Osun Judge Calls For Aregbesola’s Impeachment / Deadly Roads In Ejigbo Under Construction(photos) / Uzodimma: I Don’t Want To Join Issue With Obi. APC Members Are Obedient To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.