Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,140 members, 7,780,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:13 AM

Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week (40315 Views)

N5000 To Unemployed: Murray-Bruce Sad Over APC's Rejection Of Motion / 221 People Killed Since Buhari Became President - The Cable / Gunmen Kill 6 At Ungogo In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week by nduchucks: 2:16pm On Jan 07, 2012
calid16:

If indeed any mindset has ever been deserving of the term"aboki ", it would indeed be yours. I guess
Jonathan gave birth to bunch of worthless illiterate children and made them almajiris?

Who is responsible for decades of mismanagement and corruption that gas left that region with one of the lowest literacy levels and highest poverty rates on earth ?

Is there any year in the last two decades that atleast one International body hasn't come out to sound the alarm about the conditions in the area producing these people ? But ofcourse, the usual "Allah knows best was your chorus"; because aboki know Allah pass every body on earth.

It's very painful that innocent people have died, and more painful that more will still perish over time. But after this implosion is complete, you don't have to think too hard who the biggest loser will be.

You have a right to rant all you want and to express your opinion. I am convinced that you sir, are bright enough to respond to my post by pointing out exactly, what part of it you disagree with. Your reactionary response which failed to address anything I wrote could make some readers think you are a bigot and a dummy.

Take a deep breath and try to see that your post above has done nada in explaining why and how a government cannot protect it's citizens.
Re: Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week by vanstanzy(m): 2:22pm On Jan 07, 2012
shocked shockedIts now very clear to me, with this insistence on fuel subsidy by the FG that GLJoe and FG, like hell, know whats going on.  angry
GLJeo doesnt know the half of it. But he'll know soon enough.
Re: Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week by IFELEKE(m): 2:36pm On Jan 07, 2012
calid16:

If indeed any mindset has ever been deserving of the term"aboki ", it would indeed be yours. I guess
Jonathan gave birth to bunch of worthless illiterate children and made them almajiris?

Who is responsible for decades of mismanagement and corruption that gas left that region with one of the lowest literacy levels and highest poverty rates on earth ?

Is there any year in the last two decades that atleast one International body hasn't come out to sound the alarm about the conditions in the area producing these people ? But ofcourse, the usual "Allah knows best was your chorus"; because aboki know Allah pass every body on earth.

It's very painful that innocent people have died, and more painful that more will still perish over time. But after this implosion is complete, you don't have to think too hard who the biggest loser will be.
The problem is indeed more than what meets the eye. . .you see,anarchy needs enabling environment to thrive and unfortunately,what environment can be more conducive than ours? We have a leader who is not only confused but grossly unprepared for the task of governance,a leader who believes goodluck brought him this far and will still guide him further.His situation is not helped by the weak institution he inherited,he is but a lame duck who cannot fully stamp his authority on the apparatus of government.I mean what on earth is the job of the NSA and the SSS and all other security agencies?How come this sect hasn’t been checked all this while despite claims and counter claims by government about knowing the brains behind them?how come nothing has been done about the porous level of our borders?, Many questions run through the mind,many!
Re: Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week by Challas(m): 4:10pm On Jan 07, 2012
If Boko Haram is truly against western education,why are they turning eyes left to Atiku Abubakar's American University in Adamawa State. SAVAGES,F.U-CKING SAVAGES!!!
Re: Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week by coolviv: 4:36pm On Jan 07, 2012
Government can not protect anybody, even themselves. Protection lies in d hands of God n individuals. So everyone, every home should invest in a gun or 2 so dat any mess up, Ɣ☺Ʊ put those dogs down. Pple r not in a hurry to attack when they know Ɣ☺Ʊ can defend urself very well. Everyonev should own a gun now: it is every man for himself. Ɣ☺Ʊ might even need to teach ur kids how to use dem incase of anythin in their school or somethin. These r dangerous times. May God help us all.
Re: Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week by otokx(m): 5:11pm On Jan 07, 2012
^^^^ This is Nigeria not yankee.
Re: Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week by coolviv: 5:14pm On Jan 07, 2012
I don talk my own. Guns and bombs kill in Nigeria just as they do in Yankee.
Re: Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week by zumbigbo(m): 5:41pm On Jan 07, 2012
Self-protection is a fundamental right. The State has shown it has no interest in protecting our families, so we must organise and protect ourselves. Lessons from Biafra, Sierra Leone, Liberia are ominous!
Re: Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week by Onlytruth(m): 5:57pm On Jan 07, 2012
zumbigbo:

Self-protection is a fundamental right. The State has shown it has no interest in protecting our families, so we must organise and protect ourselves. Lessons from Biafra, Sierra Leone, Liberia are ominous!

Wise man. cool
This is not something anyone tells another.
Igbo say that adighi agwa ochi nti na agha esu! (there is no need telling a deaf man that a war has started, he still has his eyes!). Nuff said.
Re: Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week by Onlytruth(m): 6:10pm On Jan 07, 2012
ndu_chucks:

^^^^ +1000

The enemy is indeed Boko Haram. But how do we fight the war declared by Boko Haram when we have an incompetent and clueless commander-in-chief - A commander-in-chief who declared a war on Nigerian citizens by the ill-timed subsidy removal? A commander-in-chief who supplies the enemy (Boko Haram) with armunition and other tools of war including the said ill-timed subsidy removal, does not deserve to lead us in this war.

If this commander-in-chief is incapable of defending Nigerians and stopping the killings, I'm afraid we are fast approaching the time to replace him.  I am so sad by the recent developments. Haba GEJ!!!! Do something for goodness sake!!!!

I am sure that the leaders of our armed forces have mapped out various scenarios of dealing with this war where all options, including a takeover, are being weighed. GEJ may very well succeed in providing the right environment for the military to return and set us back another 50years. olodo

Mai gida ndu_chucks,

What you are embarking upon is what we Igbo term ome ife oma fuchara "ife nwanyi" aja (a "do gooder" that blows sand away from a womens "you know what" wink cheesy ).
It is dubious, dishonest and highly laughable.
The pattern of your logic is so banal and insults the intelligence of smart Nigerians.
I know you must be laughing your @ss off over a chilled bowl of fura de nono by now.

Here is my message to you: IT AIN'T HAPPENING.

GEJ is the president of Nigeria, and so it shall remain until at least his current term is over.
You are, by implication of your message, calling for a military coup de etat. undecided

I hope you know, that the only other options (apart from our current democracy) left for Nigeria now is either a SNC or a chaotic break-up. So, drink your fura, and pray that you don't provoke a reprisal from the South over the killings of their kith and kin in the North.
Re: Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week by Chyz2: 6:14pm On Jan 07, 2012
Ndi Igbo has no time going to war and we will stand against it. cool
Re: Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week by Onlytruth(m): 6:21pm On Jan 07, 2012
Chyz*:

Ndi Igbo has no time going to war and we will stand against it. cool

Nwanne I hope you did not misunderstand my proverb of "adighi agwa ochi nti na agha esu".
It is really about taking steps to protect oneself in Nigeria. That remains the wisest thing anyone would do.
History and current events teach us that.
Re: Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week by Chyz2: 6:25pm On Jan 07, 2012
Onlytruth:

Nwanne I hope you did not misunderstand my proverb of "adighi agwa ochi nti na agha esu".
It is really about taking steps to protect oneself in Nigeria. That remains the wisest thing anyone would do.
History and current events teach us that.

Nwanne m, I understood and agree. My commend is for those like Beaf and Frosbel who want to drag Ndigbo into reprisals and death for whatever reason. cool
Re: Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week by Onlytruth(m): 6:36pm On Jan 07, 2012
Chyz*:

Nwanne m, I understood and agree. My commend is for those like Beaf and Frosbel who want to drag Ndigbo into reprisals and death for whatever reason. cool

Honestly, my brother, I don't think those folks are dragging us into anything. Ndigbo are not the type to be dragged into anything they don't want to do. History teaches us that clearly. Even when we fought in 1967, we practically bundled Ojukwu into the war. He would have failed woefully if he initiated the idea. That is just who we are.
That is why I am always convinced of the justness of our cause in Nigeria. We are never the first to attack or kill innocent people, on the contrary we have been the victims most of the times. If we don't start to defend ourselves in a sustainable way in Nigeria, soon we would become favorite punch bags in Nigeria. Oburu na agwo emeghi ihe ojiri buru agwo, umu aka achiri ya n'aka.  undecided
Onye obuna bidokwa chebe ife anyi na ife ga eje na Nigeria. That's all.

I have already said that we should stop discussing it. I will lead by example by reducing my comments on this thread.

Thank you nwanne m.  cool
Re: Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week by Orikinla(m): 6:39pm On Jan 07, 2012
Three days notice was good enough for any sensible Igbo person in the danger zones to leave before it was too late.
Re: Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week by dempeople(m): 6:48pm On Jan 07, 2012
Let my people go.

But should be armed in the mean time.

Men are no longer smiling.

angry
Re: Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week by tpia5: 7:56pm On Jan 07, 2012
Even when we fought in 1967, we practically bundled Ojukwu into the war. He would have failed woefully if he initiated the idea. That is just who we are.

now you're talking.
Re: Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week by muyoto: 8:19pm On Jan 07, 2012
something is clearly not right.

could it be spiritual, as though some evil fiend has been let lose on this country?

over 50 people who saw this new year, wished their friends and relatives the customary ''Happy New Year", made the usual new year resolutions, prophesied about the bountiful blessings sure to come their way, are all no more?? Their lives cut down in the most barbaric manner conceivable?

what is happening?

sign of the end?
Re: Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week by Nchara: 8:45pm On Jan 07, 2012
Ileke-IdI
Ekiti State, Just the Place To Be. Mwah!!

Re: AP Breaking News: 20 Massacred in Town Hall meeting by Boko Haram sect
« #245 on: Yesterday at 06:45:32 PM »

Shebi some ppl were asking for reciprocal attack.

Igbos did it when you threatened the Northerners to leave your region.

Now their rage will me melted upon innocent Southerners esp Igbos in the North.

All I am asking is that whatever it is that is going on should not target the Yorubas and other innocent groups. Keep it between yourselves.

May God and Allah protect us.

What are these ppl avenging? 99% votes from the SE for GEJ? Or the boasting that 40% of the north is owned by Igbos? or what? A business that took years to build goes down in one day.

All Southerners return home. It's obvious that Northerners cannot differentiate one Southern tribe from another. Even Yoruba muslims are endanger.

Let's also focus on those evil doers who like to claim boko-harams to achieve their nefarious goals.

I'm even more worried about Ekiti state with their high Fulani population.

It's hard to even understand what is going on anymore; is it religious? is it tribal? is it political? what is it?

Ileke Idi: Can you supply your facts on this claim (bolded)? You may be laughing now, but like someone warned you, there is no innocent bystander.
Re: Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week by sheyguy: 8:52pm On Jan 07, 2012
Onlytruth:

Honestly, my brother, I don't think those folks are dragging us into anything. Ndigbo are not the type to be dragged into anything they don't want to do. History teaches us that clearly. Even when we fought in 1967, we practically bundled Ojukwu into the war. He would have failed woefully if he initiated the idea. That is just who we are.
That is why I am always convinced of the justness of our cause in Nigeria. We are never the first to attack or kill innocent people, on the contrary we have been the victims most of the times. If we don't start to defend ourselves in a sustainable way in Nigeria, soon we would become favorite punch bags in Nigeria. Oburu na agwo emeghi ihe ojiri buru agwo, umu aka achiri ya n'aka.  undecided
Onye obuna bidokwa chebe ife anyi na ife ga eje na Nigeria. That's all.

I have already said that we should stop discussing it. I will lead by example by reducing my comments on this thread.

Thank you nwanne m.  cool

A wise man once said, "Nobody is above mistake, but refusal to admit and move on is a greater mistake which will always prove costlier".
For those of us here who have intentionally set out to manipulate and change history and av towed the path of self (by extension, generational) deceit, i say carry on, justice has a way of catching up with such people.
Thank you.
Re: Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week by Nchara: 9:44pm On Jan 07, 2012
From this thread I can say a number of things:

-Igbos have an overt enemy: hausa fulani and islam. It is easier dealing with such an enemy
-Igbos have a covert enemy: their big neighbour down south. It is more difficult dealing with such enemies.
-I have noticed the insinuations of people like Tpia suggesting covertly that Igbos in the north are the ones leading BH to other Igbos. I am not surprised at such insinuation.
-Igbos should not fight a war on account of Igbos living in, and being killed, in the North. We should pray for them and see how we can help them relocate.
-We should in fact ask our respective governors to relocate them NOW. Anyone unwilling to leave should be told the consequence in plain terms: we will not fight for you when they kill you.
-The killings should be protested by Igbos in Igboland and by Igbos all over the world. Other Nigerians do not care about you, except those married into Igbo families.
-Igbos will and should fight only when they bring the war to Igboland
-All Igbos here should tell their relatives living outside Igboland (especially those living outside the former eastern region and Delta) to reduce their investments in those places. If we survive this current onslaught we should be better prepared for future ones.
Re: Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week by Nobody: 1:28am On Jan 08, 2012
Orikinla:

Three days notice was good enough for any sensible Igbo person in the danger zones to leave before it was too late.

Including those 4th generation Igbos that have lived there forever and don't know anywhere else, but their only crime is what language their Great-Great-Great-Grand Father used to Speak? Or you think every Igbo that resides in the North just moved there yesterday? Whats bad is bad and should be condemned end of!

GEJ, tell us what you know about the Sponsors of Boko-Haram!!!!
Re: Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week by Starbaby1: 3:06am On Jan 08, 2012
I don't understand these northerners, let igbos stay in your state = NO, let igbos go and form their own state = NO!

If they allowed Biafra to exist, igbos would not have established themselves in the north, thus there'll be no need for the 3 days ultimatum. I bet if igbos decide 2 leave nigeria and let them have their sharia nigeria, they'll still reject that! Do these people even know what they want?

Suppose I need to go and join the British red cross because we'll soon need to send aid to the east! Hopefully Israel and France would help again cos these people will only rest when they have wiped every single igbo person from the face of the earth!

God help us!
Re: Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week by usmany: 7:05am On Jan 08, 2012
Guys,

The Hausas in the north do not fight the igbos, but other irresponsible people that dont like the good relationship between the 2 cultures/tribes, igbo can not leave without the hausa while the hausa too can not. they are long time business partners.

The so call Boko Haram are not Hausas, but other tribes that do not like to be with their fellow countrymen leave in peace. Part of it are politicians that lost their sit and wants to go back to office by force.
Re: Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week by stayreal: 8:00am On Jan 08, 2012
Starbaby1:

I don't understand these northerners, let igbos stay in your state = NO, let igbos go and form their own state = NO!

If they allowed Biafra to exist, igbos would not have established themselves in the north, thus there'll be no need for the 3 days ultimatum. I bet if igbos decide 2 leave nigeria and let them have their sharia nigeria, they'll still reject that! Do these people even know what they want?

Suppose I need to go and join the British red cross because we'll soon need to send aid to the east! Hopefully Israel and France would help again cos these people will only rest when they have wiped every single igbo person from the face of the earth!

God help us!

There are 30 million+ igbos (not including Ibibio, Efik, etc.), they will not destroy anything. These people needed help from all other tribes in Nigeria and world powers of UK and Soviet Union to keep us in this cesspool. They better hope that Ndigbo does not declare war on them. Peace is always the best option.
Re: Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week by stayreal: 8:07am On Jan 08, 2012
usmany:

Guys,

The Hausas in the north do not fight the igbos, but other irresponsible people that dont like the good relationship between the 2 cultures/tribes, igbo can not leave without the hausa while the hausa too can not. they are long time business partners.

The so call Boko Haram are not Hausas, but other tribes that do not like to be with their fellow countrymen leave in peace. Part of it are politicians that lost their sit and wants to go back to office by force.

Are you suffering from a mental illness? Who do you think you are fooling?
Re: Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week by stayreal: 8:15am On Jan 08, 2012
Nchara:

-Igbos have an overt enemy: hausa fulani and islam. It is easier dealing with such an enemy
-Igbos have a covert enemy: their big neighbour down south. It is more difficult dealing with such enemies.
-I have noticed the insinuations of people like Tpia suggesting covertly that Igbos in the north are the ones leading BH to other Igbos. I am not surprised at such insinuation.
-Igbos should not fight a war on account of Igbos living in, and being killed, in the North. We should pray for them and see how we can help them relocate.
-We should in fact ask our respective governors to relocate them NOW. Anyone unwilling to leave should be told the consequence in plain terms: we will not fight for you when they kill you.
-The killings should be protested by Igbos in Igboland and by Igbos all over the world. Other Nigerians do not care about you, except those married into Igbo families.
-All Igbos here should tell their relatives living outside Igboland (especially those living outside the former eastern region and Delta) to reduce their investments in those places. If we survive this current onslaught we should be better prepared for future ones.

Wise man. I agree with everything you said. Any Igbo man or woman that disagrees with this, is a fool.
Re: Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week by tpia5: 9:28am On Jan 08, 2012
stayreal:

Are you suffering from a mental illness? Who do you think you are fooling?

what's your grouse with his post?

some of you are too deviously wicked for real.
Re: Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week by Nchara: 6:00pm On Jan 08, 2012
tpia@:

what's your grouse with his post?

some of you are too deviously wicked for real.

Like you have been silently pushing your silly insinuations, right?
Re: Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week by tpia5: 8:05pm On Jan 08, 2012
^^paranoia.

knock yourself out.
Re: Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jan 08, 2012
yawns with despair !!!!

6 more killed today :

Radical sect kills 6 in northeast Nigeria

Police: Radical sect kills 6 in northeast Nigeria
(AP) – 40 minutes ago
MAIDUGURI, Nigeria (AP) — Police say suspected members of a radical Islamist sect have killed six people in two attacks in northeast Nigeria.

Police said gunmen attacked a military vehicle Sunday afternoon in Maiduguri, the capital of Borno state. Military spokesman Lt. Col. Hassan Ifijeh Mohammed says the attack killed three civilians and wounded six civilians and one soldier.

Local police commissioner Simeon Midenda said another attack on a tea shop Saturday night in Biu in Borno state killed three people.

At least 52 people have been killed in recent days by Boko Haram, which is carrying out an increasingly bloody sectarian assault against Nigeria's weak central government. The group says it has started specifically targeting Christians, exploiting religious tension in the nation.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gb0wRGwYsMpEuirnQ6M_iQpjn3XA?docId=521d4010e5334f3299b54b133215caca
Re: Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week by sbeezy8: 8:32pm On Jan 08, 2012
Nchara:

-Igbos have a covert enemy:[size=24pt] their big neighbour down south. It is more difficult dealing with such enemies. [/size]

lol hehe hhahaha funny

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Troops Clear Boko Haram Camps,Market,Rescue Many(photos) / "Don't Commission Lagos-Abeokuta Rail Before Election" - PDP: See Reactions / Jos Women Protest Over Palliatives, Block Major Roads (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.